It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 245
<< 242  243  244    246  247  248 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
Michigan 1770, I figured we would be over 2000 today. Grocery stores are quiet and full employees are tired so hours have been cut.

Michigan's numbers hit 2303 today with 507 new cases from yesterday and 19 new deaths. I'm hearing from friends with nurses in their families that the ER's are sad and scary places right now with loved ones waiting in the car for hours on end getting updates from the nurses by phone on their condition. Our Henry Ford and Beaumont hospitals are at/near capacity. We have a nurse in our family who got sick after working at one the hospitals in Detroit and now has a 103 temp but they won't test her, and she's only 25. We're all pretty upset about that since she's on the front lines and deserves that much consideration. I'm not sure if it's because they're trying to avoid a positive result or that they truly don't think she could have it, even after being in the ER with positive patients. Sorry, kind of an upsetting and gloomy update on my end. It's being spread among staff that if you don't show up you'll never work again in this area as a nurse. The thing is, not one of them, that I know, would ever consider 'not showing up'. They are that dedicated.
edit on 25/3/2020 by Tukota because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: elitegamer23
We all are hoping there is some positive treatment , and what you posted is probably what people are hopeful about.

This will keep more ventilators available for the very critical if we’re able to medicate people and hasten their recovery.

Exactly, except - this wasn't exactly a tiny trial, it was with 350 people, and the results were not just 'ok', it was 100%.

I don't expect it to be 100% for everyone, but if it was 100% effective for these 350 people, it stands to reason it could be at least 80 or 90% effective for everyone else.

Even if it was only 50% effective, it could mean the difference between a hospital being overwhelmed, and not being overwhelmed.

This is more than just a hope now, it is a very serious probability that this stuff will save a lot of lives.

They need to ramp up production of the substances (2 drugs and a mineral supplement) and roll it out everywhere, like, now.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Exactly, except - this wasn't exactly a tiny trial, it was with 350 people, and the results were not just 'ok', it was 100%.

It wasn't a trial at all. Trials are done under controlled conditions.

This is anecdotal evidence. Encouraging, yes.
edit on 3/25/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Tukota

I’m in Michigan too my friend. I have some family that are nurses. They are scrambling to convert other wings into temporary COVID wings. It sounds like they are already stretched to their limit and this thing is just kicking off. The anxiety is really wearing on my wife and I. Especially having loved ones on the front lines.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
It wasn't a trial at all. Trials are done under controlled conditions."

This is anecdotal evidence. Encouraging, yes.

You say anecdotal like it is a bad word. It isn't.

I said it was a trial. A test to see if it would work. I didn't say it was a formal trial. That is a very specific process, you are right.

And it was much more than encouraging. It was 100% effective on 350 patients. Encouraging? No, it should be getting plastered all over the MSM, news outlets, everywhere.

Why isn't it?
edit on 25-3-2020 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   

You say anecdotal like it is a bad word.
It is a descriptive word.

It was 100% effective on 350 patients.
Color me skeptical. Highly so. But that's just me.

edit on 3/25/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ManSizedSquirrel

One of our friend's daughters, who is a nurse in downriver MI, said that their entire ER was full. They've had the pain of having patients die without their loved ones able to be by their side. That she had a patient go from walking in with breathing difficulty to needing a ventilator within a 5-hour timespan, and the knowledge that they only had so many ventilators left to use. It was so hard and painful to read. She said her lead nurse takes them to the chapel for a time out and in some cases to just cry so they can get back to the patients and be able to function. I cannot even imagine what they are going through now. Not having first-hand reports from nurses in our immediate circle I wouldn't have known how bad it really is in the hospitals right now.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   
My Michigan update
Genesee County.
Placed a grocery pickup for bread, milk and a few staples but the first pickup time was late Saturday. I went ahead and ordered.

However in the meantime ran to local Meijer. Didn't want to but I did. Bread,milk, eggs, cheese, fruit, veggies, soda, chips, cereal sugar, all available.

Water,juice, cans, pasta, frozen foods, meat(except pork,lots of pork), butter gone. No paper towels, tissue, toilet paper, cleaning supplies.

The kicker? Found 2 packages of 3M N95 masks. A total of 6 in all. My 20 yr old son who was with me thought he hit the lottery.

Edit Learned to place order days ahead. Now I truly have no need to go back.

edit on 25-3-2020 by misfit312 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: misfit312

Are you going to sell them?

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZeroFurrbone
For every 100 cases there are probbably 3x more that are not shown because they have no symptoms and are compeltely fine but still spreading. But that means that mortality rate will be calculated only by those 100 cases rather than the others who were never found.

Which is trully sad.

Imagine if 10 people die in those 100... 10% mortality rate.

When in fact is 10 people die in 300-400. Which speaks for itself.

Oxford study - half of uk may already have been contaminated by covid19. It’s mild

Financial times

And i still think about the diamond princess cruise. A lot of old people, 700 contaminated, 7 death all over 80 = 1%

Oxford ssay that we must test antibodies to see which proportion of people had it

They say that 1/1000 will go to the hospital.
edit on 25-3-2020 by Maker22 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-3-2020 by Maker22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Well Oneida county NY jumped from 12 this morning to 15 cases. And with over 30000 state wide.
www.wktv.com...

Oneida County Executive Anthony Picente says three more people have tested positive for coronavirus in Oneida County, bringing the total to 15.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Ha No. My son is working at McDonald's while he goes to college. So he is still out among people. He is planning on using them.

Plus husband is a truck driver if he decides to pick up a different job with the big 3 down he will have some.
edit on 25-3-2020 by misfit312 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Michigan update up to 2300, 42 deaths

Close to 3000 for tomorrow is my guess.

Just went for a ride groups of people everywhere

Parks are full of people and kids.

Lots of group selfies being taken at Warren Dunes

edit on 25-3-2020 by mikell because: (no reason given)

covid19info.live...
edit on 25-3-2020 by mikell because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Stay Well, ATSers.....
and Come on guys!!!!
PLEASE READ THIS!
This thread is for Corona Virus UPDATES ONLY!!!

...not chit chat, SOAP BOX speeches, recipes, political trolling,class warfare, conspiracy theories, bigoted comments, medical advice, OFF TOPIC banter
ill-mannered remarks toward members or arguing....

Some NON-UPDATE threads here, feel free to join in any of these:
Diseases and Pandemics

Diseases and Pandemics:: Medical Disclaimer
This thread is NOT for discussion of alternative medical treatment of illnesses!!!

Members who continue to disrupt will face temporary posting bans. ATS will not allow the few to ruin it for everyone.

Go after the ball not the player.

Community Announcement re: Decorum

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility WILL face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Number updates for Today :

www.worldometers.info...

bnonews.com...

Worldometer - USA States

BNO - USA States

edit : Just to add that these numbers in these threads, may be useful 'after' as a number guide over time, for Data mining, and Further Calculations.
edit on 25-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added edit

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   
UPDATE: My friend's uncle is on the mend. I still do not know what kind of treatment that he received, but it apparently took him from "organs shutting down and imminent death any minute" to recovering 2 days later.

He was initially at Newton Wellesley hospital in Boston area and was moved to another Boston hospital but I'm not sure which one.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Condolences to the family of this young lady

Coronavirus victim, 21, 'had no health issues'

A 21-year-old woman with no underlying conditions has died after contracting coronavirus, according to her family.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyBalls2

They've been updated Monkey. UK new cases now 1452, new deaths is 43.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyBalls2

Those uk numbers can't be right.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   
SOUTH AFRICA UPDATE

1. Total Cases: 709
2. South Africa starts a 21 day National Lockdown from midnight tomorrow.
3. a KwaZulu-Natal man, who tested positive for Covid-19 and continued with business as usual, has been charged with attempted murder.
4. Total ban on all alcohol sales for 21 days

Link

I have just returned from Kruger National Park after a 14 hour drive. I was asked to leave 2 days early. All international guests confined to their bungalows in the park.
I can confirm a massive exodus of people from Johannesburg. People are fleeing the city and heading to their rural homes where I suppose they will want to be with family for the next 21 days.

top topics

<< 242  243  244    246  247  248 >>

join