It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 237
<< 234  235  236    238  239  240 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I'm wondering it this is because it means you don't have to be in a bio4 lab to look at it or whatever?
Or has implications for PPE - as in, maybe now there is no need 'officially' for strict PPE?
Otherwise I am not sure.
How are other countries classifying this?
And can anyone on here tell us laymen more about the implications/meaning behind this?
Thanks!
a reply to: angelchemuel

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: burdman30ott6

more positive cases realized purely thanks to increased testing

You actually don't think there are more cases than there were on March 1st?

Oh no doubt there are more cases today, but by the same token we're testing significant numbers of people now when we were not on March 1st. That's presented a skewed growth curve. America did NOT go from 94 infected to 50,000 infected in 3 1/2 weeks... we simply went from 94 known infected from a smaller sample size to 50,000 known infected from a significantly larger sample size in 3 1/2 weeks. Trying to discern the jump in cases from insufficient testing to more widespread testing from the number of actual new cases is about as useful as trying to read tea leaves to obtain next week's Powerball numbers.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Trying to discern the jump in cases from insufficient testing to more widespread testing from the number of actual new cases is about as useful as trying to read tea leaves to obtain next week's Powerball numbers.

Yes.

As is trying to discern the mortality rate.

Best just pay attention to the straight numbers. How many are actually being hospitalized. How many are positive in a given area. Percentages are of no value at this time.

edit on 3/24/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Trying to discern the jump in cases from insufficient testing to more widespread testing from the number of actual new cases is about as useful as trying to read tea leaves to obtain next week's Powerball numbers.

Yes.

As is trying to discern the mortality rate.

Best just pay attention to the straight numbers. How many are actually being hospitalized. Percentages are of no value at this time.

Agreed.

That said, I do think the moves by Hawaii and Alaska to isolate anyone flying into our states from outside are smart at this time. We're in unique situations that make us more isolated than the rest of the country in the best of times, no reason not to embrace and strengthen that now while there are still many questions left to be answered regarding exactly what we're dealing with.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

more positive cases realized purely thanks to increased testing

You actually don't think there are more cases than there were on March 1st?

Oh no doubt there are more cases today, but by the same token we're testing significant numbers of people now when we were not on March 1st. That's presented a skewed growth curve. America did NOT go from 94 infected to 50,000 infected in 3 1/2 weeks... we simply went from 94 known infected from a smaller sample size to 50,000 known infected from a significantly larger sample size in 3 1/2 weeks. Trying to discern the jump in cases from insufficient testing to more widespread testing from the number of actual new cases is about as useful as trying to read tea leaves to obtain next week's Powerball numbers.

Yay! I am so glad to see another post that speaks sense to "numbers".

So many...so so many here like to quote "numbers" and only parrot what they read...

The numbers are bunk until an apex has fallen, the number of tests is a constant (and is not), strains known, actual deaths...on and on...

But when reading here, I started to skip the stat people...lol

Thank you very much for reinforcing

Mg

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   

In Hawaii isolation is a two edged blade with one edge more keen than the other. Visitors are our greatest source of revenue.

And we also have idiots like everywhere else. Went for a drive with my daughter on Sunday. While all state parks were closed at the time there are places which fall into somewhat grey areas. We saw a large gathering of people with a large canopy set up. Gas grills blazing, the whole thing. Normal activity for a normal Sunday. But.
edit on 3/24/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

He implied that did he?

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Is this an honest mayor?

“Listen up dipsh*ts… it’s a big f**cking deal,” says one Kentucky mayor to his community

link

He also says

I didn’t give you information to induce panic. I gave you information, so that you’d be informed.

Maybe, just maybe, I am privy to information that you aren’t. I’m sorry for being the gossiping Mayor.

If he is privy to more information than us imagine the heads of states and countries must be privy to even more?

Would you handle that stress and responsibility?

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   

In Hawaii isolation is a two edged blade with one edge more keen than the other. Visitors are our greatest source of revenue.

Alaska has literally two sources of revenue
Oil & tourists... Yeah, we be hurting up here presently.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   
So Russia only 495 cases and 1 death lol Why do Countries lie about this ??

edit on 3/24/2020 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I live on a main road and the traffic has been pretty sparse today.
Our Governor shut down all non essential businesses.
There are about 34 cases north of me in James City County and 2 in Newport News. There are 4 cases in Norfolk to the south east and there are 7 cases in Virginia Beach.
There are zero cases in my city. These cities are my neighboring cities.
In James City County the cases are all related to a mass in a DC church and spread in that community is limited to contact with people who attended that service.
In VB they are related to a Nile River cruise that a few people took.
Not sure of the source of the ones in Newport News and that is the closest city to mine sharing a long border.
That is the most concerning because the source is unknown.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
So Russia only 495 cases and 1 death lol Why do Countries lie about this ??

Russia closed their border very early on in this pandemic, they took it very seriously.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   

"It's something that I witnessed in all of them (the patients). They have, like ... allergy eyes. The white part of the eye is not red. It's more like they have red eye shadow on the outside of their eyes," Earnest said.
The American Academy of Ophthalmology sent an alert to its members Sunday evening that there are reports Covid-19 can lead to conjunctivitis -- which can lead to a reddening of and around the eyes. It warned ophthalmologists to protect their mouth, nose and eyes when seeing patients who could be infected.

Eye issues are not on the list of symptoms being circulated by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention that stresses a high fever, dry cough and shortness of breath, though the list is not all-inclusive.
Earnest tracked those symptoms, too. But for her and her colleagues at the Life Care Center and admitting doctors at a nearby hospital, the eyes became a sign that coronavirus had struck, she told CNN.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: puzzled2
Is this an honest mayor?

“Listen up dipsh*ts… it’s a big f**cking deal,” says one Kentucky mayor to his community

link

He also says

I didn’t give you information to induce panic. I gave you information, so that you’d be informed.

Maybe, just maybe, I am privy to information that you aren’t. I’m sorry for being the gossiping Mayor.

If he is privy to more information than us imagine the heads of states and countries must be privy to even more?

Would you handle that stress and responsibility?

Omg!! LMAO!! I love it!

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

Money... panicky people bulk buy food items and hoard it, as the panic goes up I expect a run on the banks, as the panic goes up you eventually get to violence as people are afraid they didnt move fast enough and bill looks well fed lets break in and steal his stuff, so you lie to keep fear down and hope you get things under control before the truth is obvious.

Or something like that, and it helps that 1 Russia shut the boarders down early, and 2 the country is just so bloody big, and for a large part the population is spread out a good distance slowing the growth pattern outside of the major cities.

Least that is my WAG.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: puzzled2

If I lived there he would have my vote, I would much prefer this kind of talk than the slick promises we typically get.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: UFO1414

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: TheAMEDDDoc
Adding allergies to symptom screening and checks.

Don’t freak out if you start getting expected seasonal symptoms, I would still isolate though.

Stay safe.

Thank you! What an excellent graphic!

I'm a scientist. I don't do sarcastic in typed dialogues. I'm working on a blog for my friends who are overwhelmed and want to know how to plan... so things like "make a first aid kit with remedies for coughs and fever, make a 'sick room', plan who to contact," etc. The table is wonderfully straightforward and something that my friends can use as a check.

I really don't know where the sarcasm starts and ends anymore. At least this virus has a purpose!

Standing shoulder to shoulder to you ATS.

Funky times...

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 08:03 PM
link   
We truly are doomed.

Waffle House closes 365 locations across the U.S.

Waffle House has now closed 365 locations across the U.S. due to the coronavirus pandemic.

The breakfast-chain announced the news on their Facebook page Tuesday morning.

While more than 300 locations have closed, 1,627 remain open.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   
South Carolina
44 new cases today (342 total), two more deaths (5 total)
Strange times
My husbands work finally decided to close, which is a relief.
Odd to me that many other places without as many cases as here are on a shelter at home order and we aren’t.
Really big disconnect between the people who live here and the tone of the White House today. Of course some do agree but I’d say the majority not so much.
edit on 24-3-2020 by ValentineWiggin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Strange activity (excavating a large hole behind the Wuhan Hospital) being shown on the Wuhan Live Cam from Feb 26 ight now.

www.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 234  235  236    238  239  240 >>

join