It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 235
<< 232  233  234    236  237  238 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   

MADRID: There are nearly 4,000 health workers infected with the coronavirus in Spain, more than one in ten of total confirmed cases, officials said on Monday (Mar 23) as the virus toll rose in Europe's second-worst affected country.

yikes

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: MonkeyBalls2
Another analogy is this :

A few days ago, a Prostitute was found to have caught the virus in eastern France.

We have at least 14 of those who have tested positive in this country... Ameri can whores with COVID-19

Well, that is a hell of a headline...

Good luck to the whores! Tits up baby... Tits up!

Oh, and for an update:

www.worldometers.info...

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Only came across this today
COVID-19 has been reclassified in the UK

As of 19 March 2020, COVID-19 is no longer considered to be a high consequence infectious diseases (HCID) in the UK.

The 4 nations public health HCID group made an interim recommendation in January 2020 to classify COVID-19 as an HCID. This was based on consideration of the UK HCID criteria about the virus and the disease with information available during the early stages of the outbreak. Now that more is known about COVID-19, the public health bodies in the UK have reviewed the most up to date information about COVID-19 against the UK HCID criteria. They have determined that several features have now changed; in particular, more information is available about mortality rates (low overall), and there is now greater clinical awareness and a specific and sensitive laboratory test, the availability of which continues to increase.

The Advisory Committee on Dangerous Pathogens (ACDP) is also of the opinion that COVID-19 should no longer be classified as an HCID.

The need to have a national, coordinated response remains, but this is being met by the government’s COVID-19 response.

www.gov.uk...

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: elitegamer23
originally posted by: MonkeyBalls2
“No American is going to say, accelerate the economy at the cost of human life because no American is going to say how much a life is worth. Job one has to be save lives. That has to be the priority.”

I can think of one American who will say this and has been saying this on these threads.

Ok, I'll be 'that guy'...

At what cost? Serious question. Where do you draw the line?

$100,000 per life? A million? A billion?

You simply cannot make such a statement without qualification, it is absurd, and cruel.

Each one of use, makes decisions wrt valuing our lives every single day. Do we risk getting in the car today (2 people died in that multi-car pile-up last month)? How about taking the train (guy got murdered on the train I take just last week)? Flying to Seattle (I read that story in the paper about the airliner going down killing 350 people)?

Do I take a bath (4,866 people died in bath tub accidents last year) tonight, or in the morning (I read less people die in early morning showers than in late night baths)?

Do you have any friends in real life or co workers ??
I know a lot of people who would be considered high risk for death . It could be their age, or diabetes, lung issues, or they’re overweight.

I’m sorry I don’t like thinking these people are acceptable losses to reduce the risk to the economy .

Since you’re a money man.

www.cnn.com...

But Morgan Stanley is warning that there are real risks to that strategy.

"If the White House were to relax the social distancing measures 'soon,' well ahead of the necessary timeline to have a significant impact on our view, it would raise the risk of increasing the peak or delaying the time to peak," Morgan Stanley analysts wrote in a report Tuesday.

In other words, rather than flattening the curve, the government would be making it worse.

edit on 24-3-2020 by elitegamer23 because: (no reason given)

If this situation becomes worse, probably not good for the economy .
edit on 24-3-2020 by elitegamer23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: elitegamer23

In other words, rather than flattening the curve, the government would be making it worse.

That ladies and gentlemen is what government do best, making it worse should be a slogan.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAMEDDDoc
Adding allergies to symptom screening and checks.

Don’t freak out if you start getting expected seasonal symptoms, I would still isolate though.

Stay safe.

Thank you! What an excellent graphic!

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: TheAMEDDDoc
Adding allergies to symptom screening and checks.

Don’t freak out if you start getting expected seasonal symptoms, I would still isolate though.

Stay safe.

Thank you! What an excellent graphic!

I really don't know where the sarcasm starts and ends anymore. At least this virus has a purpose!

Standing shoulder to shoulder to you ATS.

Funky times...

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Lots of countries beating Chinas highest day drop of cases.

US firmly leading the pack now I believe

Chinas highest drop was around 5,000 (not including 14000 who drop), held steady around there.

Today we were at almost 9,000 on worldometers

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   
www.latimes.com...

L.A. County reports first death of a coronavirus patient under 18 as cases top 660

Someone just lost their CHILD to this virus.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   
From French Live Feed at 22h00 :

The President of the Democratic Republic of the Congo has announced that the Capital, Kinshasa, is to be isolated from the rest of the country, in a bid to stop the spread of COVID19 in the country.
He announced this by Declaring a 'State of Emergency' this afternoon.
DRC currently has 45 official Cases, of which 3 have died, and one has recovered.

From the Guardian Live Feed at 8.00pm :

Speculation is mounting that Jair Bolsonaro, President of Brazil, may have in fact been tested positive for Coronavirus (on 13th March).
The Military Hospital where he , and others, were tested, was this week forced to hand over a list of patients it had treated, amid concerns he might have tested positive.
Two names had been omitted from the list for "Official Secrecy".
Many beleive that those two names are Jair Bolsonaro, and the First Lady.
Its has been reported that any discussion of the tests is 'Taboo' within the Palace, and that "There is an order against revealing any information about the tests of the President and his Wife, for 'National Security reasons'."

He is now facing increasing calls to release his test results publicly.

8.32pm : 31 year-old Mexican is first person to be confirmed Infected in an Immigration Detention Centre, in New Jersey (Bergen County Jail in Hackensack, NJ).
Intake of new migrants is suspended.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   
So yesterday John Hopkins changed their data format to more accurately represent how the coronavirus is affecting communities by instituting County/Borough/FIPS separation, which frankly I find gives a better circumspect.

Graph

ETA: Should note that they post their data every night at 20:00 EST
edit on 24-3-2020 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: UFO1414

Sent you a PM

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: elitegamer23

www.latimes.com...

L.A. County reports first death of a coronavirus patient under 18 as cases top 660

Someone just lost their CHILD to this virus.

Ya, well at least the DOW went up.

(sarcasm off)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Just a few screencaps for the evening numbers :

World Top Numbers :

USA States :

Sources :
www.worldometers.info...
bnonews.com...

edit on 24-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added Sources

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: cirrus12
Only came across this today
COVID-19 has been reclassified in the UK

As of 19 March 2020, COVID-19 is no longer considered to be a high consequence infectious diseases (HCID) in the UK.

The 4 nations public health HCID group made an interim recommendation in January 2020 to classify COVID-19 as an HCID. This was based on consideration of the UK HCID criteria about the virus and the disease with information available during the early stages of the outbreak. Now that more is known about COVID-19, the public health bodies in the UK have reviewed the most up to date information about COVID-19 against the UK HCID criteria. They have determined that several features have now changed; in particular, more information is available about mortality rates (low overall), and there is now greater clinical awareness and a specific and sensitive laboratory test, the availability of which continues to increase.

The Advisory Committee on Dangerous Pathogens (ACDP) is also of the opinion that COVID-19 should no longer be classified as an HCID.

The need to have a national, coordinated response remains, but this is being met by the government’s COVID-19 response.

www.gov.uk...

I might be being a bit thick here...but reclassified as what?
Also, am I the only one that read and reacted to "contaminated with bio agent"....and...."we are fooked" that bicks17 mentioned.
I am now totally convinced this is some sort of nerve agent.

I can't see any rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   
If this thing really did come from a cross between a Bat and another animal, Pangolin or 'Other', then we need to Call The Experts :

i.imgur.com...
edit on 24-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: I'll Get Me Coat....

edit : Please do not reply to this post, PM me if you have to. (Thread drift ya'll, Guilty)
edit on 24-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyBalls2

Dr. Faucci just implied during the White House daily briefing, that New York should be sealed off because New Yorkers are fleeing to other states, particularly Florida, and taking the virus with them.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   
The UK's highest tally today.

Can only hope the numbers come to some sort of stop, then we see the numbers drop. I know that wont be for a while though, especially as people are still congregating.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ARM1968
500k barrier likely breached in 24-48hrs and then it soars.

Trump seems a little confused and bewildered to me, and I like the guy, for all his faults. I hope the US has a cure I really do. I just don’t think you do, not really. It’s hopemongering. Yes be honest, we all need some hope right now.

Covid-19 is taking off around the globe and the outcome will be horrendous unless a cure is found. I hope chloroquine is the saviour some are suggesting. It could literally save 10’s of millions from death.

Looks like I was way off with my estimate the other day when I said 4 weeks we'll see a million cases as it looks like that figure could be reached by Saturday.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel

I might be being a bit thick here...but reclassified as what?
Also, am I the only one that read and reacted to "contaminated with bio agent"....and...."we are fooked" that bicks17 mentioned.
I am now totally convinced this is some sort of nerve agent.

I can't see any rainbows
Jane

I think Brick17 was using army speak when refering to a biological agent-than can mean any disease/infectious illness rather than being an engineered biological weapon.
I am not 100% because I am not a mind reader,but I think and hope that is what they meant.
Be safe.

top topics

<< 232  233  234    236  237  238 >>

join