It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 234
<< 231  232  233    235  236  237 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: NxNWest
You may recall several pages back that I mentioned a dental conference in Vancouver held on March 5th where 15,000 dental professionals attended (90% of the province’s total). At least four confirmed cases where traced to the conference and all were asked to self-isolate on March 16.

It appears one of the dentists has died of suspected COVID-19. He apparently continued to see patients (saw at least one on March 12, before being told to self-isolate) and didn’t go to the hospital as he didn’t want to overwhelm the medical system.

At least 1,200 Albertans were potentially exposed to the virus at the conference and there have been at least 7 cases in Alberta and 20 in BC linked to the event.

www.cbc.ca...

calgaryherald.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ARM1968

I think Trump is operating on good Intel. this drug at present is being used on pretty desperate cases, with interesting results. I think its 600mg a day for five days and then they test negative, If they were just handed out and people were told to take them at that rate for a couple of weeks. The actual Pandemic has a good possibility to just stop overnight. The problem would be making them in enough quantity in time to stop the spread. Along with getting people to actually take them.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   
From BBC Live Feed :

18.34 : Key points from Matt Hancocks Press Conference :

A temporary 4,000-bed hospital will be opened at the ExCel conference centre in London. It will be called the NHS Nightingale Hospital

250,000 volunteers are being sought to help the NHS. The NHS volunteer responders scheme will help with shopping and delivering medicines

11,788 former medics have already responded to the UK's call to return to the NHS, including 2,660 doctors and 6,147 nurses

From next week, 5,500 final year medics and 18,700 final year student nurses will "move to the frontline" of the NHS

The government has bought (ordered) 3.5 million antibody tests to determine whether people have certain types of antibodies - created in the body to fight infection - and have therefore contracted the virus

18.39 : Interesting comment from Vicki Young, Chief Political Correspondant at BBC (Partial Quote) :

Think back to the chief scientific officer last week saying that for every death from coronavirus, they estimated there would be around 1,000 cases. That’s a huge number of people already suffering from the disease.

What we don't know is how many are being hospitalised or need intensive care. They not only need ventilators and equipment, they need the staff.

19.12 : "Chaos and Calm, as Jordanians queue for Bread" :

twitter.com...

20.46 : US Playwright Terrence McNally dies from Complications of Coronavirus, aged 81.
He was a Lung Cancer survivor, and lived with Chronic inflammatory Lung Disease.

21.18 : Former Spanish International Pep Guardiola is donating 1 Million Euros to fight Coronavirus in Spain.

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has donated 1m euros (£917m) to help fight the coronavirus outbreak in Spain.

Guardiola, who is from Catalonia and currently at home in Barcelona, has been working with his lawyers over the past few days to decide the best way of using the money.

Also in the News, but NOT Coronavirus related, Albert Uderzo, creator of Asterix and Obelix, has died of a Heart Attack, he was 92.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ARM1968
a reply to: Gargoyle91

It would appear that China have and are still lying their butts off. No way on earth Italy has more deaths with less cases. No way China only had 80k odd infected. Their lies fed into the early modelling of Covid-19 and it’s likely spread pattern and lethality. Decisions were based upon those models. Models were changed rapidly due to statistics from Italy because it then became clear to the idiots in charge that China might have lied a bit.

We knew China was lying from the start. I cannot prove it. I’m not sure who really could. One thing is for sure, Covid-19 is not finished with China, not by a long shot.
They lied a lot! And when Italy's final numbers are in you can times them by at least 25 (China population is 25 times that of Italy) to get and idea of the minimum China numbers and that's excluding any exponential factor included.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Does anyone remember that video when Trump was sat at a table with some people having a meeting or something and he said 'it'll just go away, just like that - it'll be like a miracle' or words to that effect?
I need to try and find it. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
a reply to: Mamana12

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Heres maybe some good news

Can New Test Help Build an Army of Immune Medical Workers?
BREAKTHROUGH
A team at Mount Sinai has developed a test that could quickly determine who doesn’t have to fear the coronavirus.

link

The test can identify those who have already had COVID-19 and likely acquired at least temporary immunity. And that means an army of doctors, paramedics, and others who have been identified as immune might be able to take the lead in the fight on the ground against the virus with no worry for their safety, even if the shortage of personal protective equipment continues.

“They could be the frontline responders,” researcher Fatima Amanat told The Daily Beast.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
Is China lying ?

I seem to remember China locking down Wuhan, and then the rest of the country, like a F-ing madman.
WAY more than any other country in the World would or could get away with.
We complained that they were being too harsh.
No we dare accuse them of lying, when they probably may have saved their country, even though many more may have died from 'complications'.

France has admitted that so far, they only count the Deaths in the Hospitals, not in the Old Folks homes, or anywhere else for that matter.
Spain is still finding out how many dead there are (poor old folks home people....).
Italy is probably in the same case.
People are going to be found here and there in all countries affected.

Stay away from each other, Stay Home, and Stay Safe.
Stop potentially infecting others by going out and about if you don't absolutely need to.

The faster we stop the spread, the faster this will be over.
Faff around complaining that the Pub or MacD's is closed, and keep going out unnecessarily, and it will just take forever.
It only takes a few, to bring the whole population down with them.

Think of it as a counter. Everytime someone flouts the Ban, or the Confinement in your Area, that counter starts from Zero again. 14/21 or more days.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

BREAKTHROUGH
A team at Mount Sinai has developed a test that could quickly determine who doesn’t have to fear the coronavirus.

link

The test can identify those who have already had COVID-19 and likely acquired at least temporary immunity. And that means an army of doctors, paramedics, and others who have been identified as immune might be able to take the lead in the fight on the ground against the virus with no worry for their safety, even if the shortage of personal protective equipment continues.

“They could be the frontline responders,” researcher Fatima Amanat told The Daily Beast.

From your quote, i've bolded a few words that concern me :

From Me : That liquid on the Floor could be water.

Would you trust me to (to let you) drink it ?
edit on 24-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: clarification

(post by Erno86 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

BREAKTHROUGH

link

What about the guy that has 2 strains at once? Immune response from the first, apparently did not prevent infection from the second strain.

If there are more than one strain out there, and one strain does not generate an immune response to the others, then it would not be a good idea.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Another analogy is this :

A few days ago, a Prostitute was found to have caught the virus in eastern France.

How many of her clients do you think are going to admit that they were with this protitue in the last two weeks or so ?
Do you think they are going to tell their Wives, or Girlfriends ? Their Children ?

They'll probably wait until symptoms show, and then go "I've not idea how I caught it!"

This type of action, we cannot prevent.
So just stay and do as you are told this time.
This not comparable to anything anyone alive today has been through.

(Lucky Sods on the ISS and in Antarctica right now...)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: UFO1414
CFR rising as well... 15% now with Italy's latest numbers.

CFR remaining the same low 1.2 - 1.3% in the USA.

Hint: you're calculating it wrong. You only calculate it your way once the wave has run its course.

Presumably still with 95-99% of unresolved cases still mild, though these figures were removed from worldometers site with no reason given.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyBalls2
Another analogy is this :

A few days ago, a Prostitute was found to have caught the virus in eastern France.

We have at least 14 of those who have tested positive in this country... Ameri can whores with COVID-19

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Thanks for the update.
I too am shocked at the state of things here - too many people just idling by as if nothing is going on. It's quite staggering.

Also we are seeing incredible acts of stupidity and vandalism, which IMO need severe punishment to send a message out to other idiots who think they can get away with it.

UK police chiefs: coronavirus could bring out worst in humanity
Warning after crimes including theft of oxygen canisters and puncturing of ambulance tyres

www.theguardian.com...

a reply to: Brick17

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: elitegamer23
originally posted by: MonkeyBalls2
“No American is going to say, accelerate the economy at the cost of human life because no American is going to say how much a life is worth. Job one has to be save lives. That has to be the priority.”

I can think of one American who will say this and has been saying this on these threads.

Ok, I'll be 'that guy'...

At what cost? Serious question. Where do you draw the line?

$100,000 per life? A million? A billion?

You simply cannot make such a statement without qualification, it is absurd, and cruel.

Each one of use, makes decisions wrt valuing our lives every single day. Do we risk getting in the car today (2 people died in that multi-car pile-up last month)? How about taking the train (guy got murdered on the train I take just last week)? Flying to Seattle (I read that story in the paper about the airliner going down killing 350 people)?

Do I take a bath (4,866 people died in bath tub accidents last year) tonight, or in the morning (I read less people die in early morning showers than in late night baths)?

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: cirrus12
Does anyone remember that video when Trump was sat at a table with some people having a meeting or something and he said 'it'll just go away, just like that - it'll be like a miracle' or words to that effect?
I need to try and find it. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
a reply to: Mamana12

I was going to mention it in my last post but wanted to keep chit chat at a minimum. Yea remember him saying it. If he breaks out a “cure” right when he said this whole thing will disappear it’s going to make countries very suspect of the U.S. especially the ones who already want to blame us for it.
edit on 24-3-2020 by DetectiveT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

These drugs can’t be taken as a prophylactic in those dosages. They could be used weekly, not sure how effective it could be. Taking it in high amounts daily could cause kidney or liver issues in many patients. It’s like a double edged sword. That is, if I’m remembering my drugs correctly.

I hope they figure something out to shorten this thing, it would be better for all of us.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

You didn't read it. It is a NEW strain not the strains we know about. Sheesh. And as Tetra said there are 40 strains but this was the first time they'd seen someone with 2 and one only found in Iceland.

Edit to add I now see several people backed me up that it was new news. Sorry for the redundancy.

edit on 24-3-2020 by pasiphae because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Update from the midlands UK, since lockdown last night it seems people in my local area are doing the right thing, I have to go out with the dog but only saw one other dog walker out this morning and barely any cars which was a lot less than the previous day. I’m also hearing rumours of the panic buying calming down a bit and people are able to get what they need. Moods are low though, and anxieties high.

Stay safe everyone

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Yeah he did say that

"It's going to disappear. One day it's like a miracle, it will disappear," Trump told attendees at an African American History Month reception in the White House Cabinet Room. The World Health Organization says the virus has "pandemic potential" and medical experts have warned it will spread in the US.
The President added that "from our shores, you know, it could get worse before it gets better. Could maybe go away. We'll see what happens. Nobody really knows."

Tin foil hat moment: - maybe he knows the cure of this thing and did a bit of a Freudian slip with the whole ' it will disappear' with such certainty and so then added the extra bit about 'nobody really knows'
Personally, at the very least I think that he does know much more about this - of course, as the POTUS he knows a LOT more than we do. I always thought that was a strange thing to say at such an early stage (Feb 27th)

...Maybe they do have the antidote? if it really was a bioweapon and they did have the antidote, I suppose you wouldn't be able to reveal that (a cure) too quickly as it would look suspicious? Is that too crazy?!

edition.cnn.com...

a reply to: cirrus12

edit on 24-3-2020 by cirrus12 because: (no reason given)

<< 231  232  233    235  236  237 >>

join