It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 172
<< 169  170  171    173  174  175 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ShortBus

I don't blame you. Kiddo was stir crazy, so husband put one of my jackets on him to cover his hands and took him out to the book store to get some books this morning and took him to a hobby store to get a styrofoam glider.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: odd1out

My point was we're seeing actual, honest to God fascism so I'd think those Wolf criers of the past 3+ years would be front and center to call it what it is for a change.

Fascism isn't what you think it is.

The definition has been lost over the years.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Mamana12

I've seen a picture of 2 military vehicles in the parking lot at VONs on Beach Blvd (technically Westminster). They looked like modern versions of the old "deuce and a half" of my time in the Army. The other is a train stopped on the tracks with traffic stopped in NB.
I said probably headed to Pendleton...but who knows. One source is first hand from someone I trust, the other second hand, but from someone I know, that trusts the source. Just hearsay, anecdotal I know, but it concerns me.
edit on 2020201202000000031 by odd1out because: cause my typong suks

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 07:20 PM
link   

a reply to: saladfingers123456

If you start with saving one cent today (March 20, 2020) and double it every day, by the time May 11th comes along you'll have $45 TRILLION dollars saved up!!! Please ignore the fact that there's no way for you to continue doubling your money after a certain point which exceeds logic... in the same vein I'll go ahead and ignore the fact that your projections also reach the illogical point pretty quickly. I mean there are still people in China LOTS of people, alive and well. That wasn't supposed to be the case 3 months ago, ya?

This is infected, not deaths.

Yes, I agree with you, but it is to show how it scales up. Of course it doesn't cover those that avoid it, or aren't affected by it... But this is unabated growth. When people are going about their business like it'll all blow over, the infection rate will rise so rapidly.

Please, take from it what you will... Peoples input is very welcome... I'm happy to hear your thoughts on it, I don't disagree...

However, money doesn't double does it? Not sure how that is a viable counter argument, you're just quoting simple maths. Viruses don't have any problem doubling.
edit on 20-3-2020 by saladfingers123456 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyBalls2

My point was we're seeing actual, honest to God fascism so I'd think those Wolf criers of the past 3+ years would be front and center to call it what it is for a change.

Mandatory stay at home enforced by military... if that's not dictatorial control and rejection of freedom and liberties (which IS the definition of fascism) then WTF is it?

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Mandatory stay at home enforced by military... if that's not dictatorial control and rejection of freedom and liberties (which IS the definition of fascism) then WTF is it?

Dictatorial control is not Fascism.
Fasicm is over-reaching Nationalism.
The people being hoodwinked by a Nationalist Government, that parrots the Nation as being the Greatest above all.
The Greatest Nation on earth.
Flag waving at every public event. Nationalism above all else.

Read up about the 2nd World War, and what brought Adolf Hitler to Power.

The Treaties signed at the end of the First World War against Germany, and the Wall Street crash of the 30's, egged it on.

edit : This isn't a National Problem, This is a GLOBAL Problem.
Fascism has nothing to do with it.
edit on 20-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added stuff

edit on 20-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: spelling

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Also, regarding my figures, they are a map of unabated exponential growth... They can be used to show when the rate begins to drop significantly... right now, we are on that curve... the acceleration. Measures taken can change this drastically, which is why I encourage everyone to isolate sooner rather than later.

Like I say, take it for what it is. Most here are already understanding the gravity of it all.

ALSO IMPORTANT TO NOTE... different countries have different rates, so those figures aren't accurate from that stand point. It is a general overview of how it scales on the current climb globally. There is too much data to try and map all countries. It is ballpark guestimates. DO APPROACH IT WITH A BIG PINCH OF SALT AND KNOW THAT IT WILL FLATTEN AT SOME POINT WITH ACTION.

edit on 20-3-2020 by saladfingers123456 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   

The people being hoodwinked by a Nationalist Government, that parrots the Nation as being the Greatest above all.

The Treaties signed at the end of the First World War against Germany, and the Wall Street crash of the 30's, egged it on.

not an update.....go find a thread that suits your opinion.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: blackrabbit1

That's not an update either....

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: blackrabbit1

No, not an update.
But when a Mod comes in parroting Fascism, its EVRYONE'S DUTY to inform.
Or are you happy with Fascism ?

I agree this is a CORONAVIRUS UPDATE THREAD, so what the F has Fascism got to do with it, if not to derail ?
edit on 20-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: spelling

edit on 20-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: spelling again

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Not really an update on the virus, but: North Korea launches what appears to be a ballistic missile" may fall outside EEZ.
A U.S. military stationed in South Korea issued a statement, stating, `` We are aware that North Korea has fired missiles at the Sea of ​​Japan, and we continued to monitor the situation and worked closely with our allies, Japan and South Korea. Yes. "
2 ballistic missiles were fired just around 7 am this morning (Tokyo March 21, Saturday )

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 07:44 PM
link   

In fact, virus can have problem to double, may it be environmental, circumstantial or hosts potential density per x unit of area.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyBalls2

Thanks, I'll take it from the first person to actually use the word, Benito Mussolini, if you don't mind...
www.worldfuturefund.org...

Fascism is therefore opposed to all individualistic abstractions based on eighteenth century materialism; and it is opposed to all Jacobinistic utopias and innovations. It does not believe in the possibility of "happiness" on earth as conceived by the economistic literature of the XVIIIth century, and it therefore rejects the theological notion that at some future time the human family will secure a final settlement of all its difficulties. This notion runs counter to experience which teaches that life is in continual flux and in process of evolution. In politics Fascism aims at realism; in practice it desires to deal only with those problems which are the spontaneous product of historic conditions and which find or suggest their own solutions (9). Only by entering in to the process of reality and taking possession of the forces at work within it, can man act on man and on nature (10).

Anti-individualistic, the Fascist conception of life stresses the importance of the State and accepts the individual only in so far as his interests coincide with those of the State, which stands for the conscience and the universal, will of man as a historic entity (11). It is opposed to classical liberalism which arose as a reaction to absolutism and exhausted its historical function when the State became the expression of the conscience and will of the people. Liberalism denied the State in the name of the individual; Fascism reasserts the rights of the State as expressing the real essence of the individual (12). And if liberty is to he the attribute of living men and not of abstract dummies invented by individualistic liberalism, then Fascism stands for liberty, and for the only liberty worth having, the liberty of the State and of the individual within the State (13). The Fascist conception of the State is all embracing; outside of it no human or spiritual values can exist, much less have value. Thus understood, Fascism, is totalitarian, and the Fascist State - a synthesis and a unit inclusive of all values - interprets, develops, and potentates the whole life of a people (14).

So forced lockdowns and stay at home orders enforced by militaries and blessed by the masses are absolutely fascism. Unlike this pathetic childish bullsht like "Oh, he made a bad comment about Chinese... he's a fascist" tomfooloery, here we are seeing actual fascism assumedly excused because" OMG CORONAVIRUS!!!

You want a Coronavirus update? OK, grand, here's one for you: Update, March 20, 2020... Coronavirus renders America into a collective of cowards happy to surrender their rights and liberties over a boogeyman. Film at 11.

link   
Hawaii is up 11 to 37.
Two are community spread.

link   
For those in the UK:
Sounds like a good idea really.
In an effort to curb the spread of the new coronavirus, the British government has closed restaurants, pubs, and theaters, and the government has paid 80% of wages to those unable to work in these circumstances. We announced measures to take over.

The new coronavirus infection is spreading rapidly in the United Kingdom, with 3983 people infected and 177 dead as of the 20th.

On Tuesday, Prime Minister Johnson announced that he would require restaurants and pubs and other eateries to close for the time being.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Everyone really worried about mandatory quarantine and the military enforcing it through a federal mandate. This has not been discussed, is currently illegal and most likely will not happen. Active duty units are very limited in what areas they can support. Guard and reserve units will only provide logistic support to emergency and public health services. They will fall under civilian leadership and guidelines.

Most states should follow the shelter in place or stay home stay safe whatever policies.

People need to be more worried about why Americans cannot listen to simple directions, just to maintain freedom? I would rather be free of this pandemic problem ASAP. You also forget that we are the guarantee that the government will not abuse this after the fact. This is my opinion, not representative of any official military policy but it is based in fact.

This isn’t outbreak or contagion, start preparing for a failure in just in time supply programs. This will get much worse before it gets better, we’re still in the beginning of the first wave.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAMEDDDoc

I'm starting to think people are far too conditioned by disaster movies, that and the belief that the system is infallible.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnorantGod

In fact, virus can have problem to double, may it be environmental, circumstantial or hosts potential density per x unit of area.

Well yes... and that is what we have to hope upon. It was more a comment on the difference between the realities of doubling money and a biological creature that lives by replication. But yes, I agree!

Any and all rejections of those figures make me feel better. It still bothers me that there is very little talk from actual mathematicians working with the data, along side virologists. That information and work seems to be hidden or buried, because it must be out there, otherwise what are governments using to make decisions?
It has to be pretty fricking frightening for them to react this way. Maybe not as frightening as what I posted, but still beyond comfortable...

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Here in Japan, some travel agencies are/have closed down. The international flights from Japan to the US is at level 4 (DO NOT TRAVEL ) travel.state.gov...

Here's a little more: travel.state.gov...

Our travel agency (one of them ) has a sign up stating they are permanently closing. Due to the airlines cutting way back, even on domestic flights. We have another agency in town (perhaps a lot more) but I think they'll be folding up also.
Someone posted flights going into the USA from overseas. Can you post that link again, please. I should have photo the post with the flights. International flights as far as I could see on TV here, the airports were not too busy.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: TheAMEDDDoc

I'm starting to think people are far too conditioned by disaster movies, that and the belief that the system is infallible.

I agree. The fact that we're in this position is proof of that

<< 169  170  171    173  174  175 >>

join