It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 173
<< 170  171  172    174  175  176 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: MonkeyBalls2

Thanks, I'll take it from the first person to actually use the word, Benito Mussolini, if you don't mind...
www.worldfuturefund.org...

Fascism is therefore opposed to all individualistic abstractions based on eighteenth century materialism; and it is opposed to all Jacobinistic utopias and innovations. It does not believe in the possibility of "happiness" on earth as conceived by the economistic literature of the XVIIIth century, and it therefore rejects the theological notion that at some future time the human family will secure a final settlement of all its difficulties. This notion runs counter to experience which teaches that life is in continual flux and in process of evolution. In politics Fascism aims at realism; in practice it desires to deal only with those problems which are the spontaneous product of historic conditions and which find or suggest their own solutions (9). Only by entering in to the process of reality and taking possession of the forces at work within it, can man act on man and on nature (10).

Anti-individualistic, the Fascist conception of life stresses the importance of the State and accepts the individual only in so far as his interests coincide with those of the State, which stands for the conscience and the universal, will of man as a historic entity (11). It is opposed to classical liberalism which arose as a reaction to absolutism and exhausted its historical function when the State became the expression of the conscience and will of the people. Liberalism denied the State in the name of the individual; Fascism reasserts the rights of the State as expressing the real essence of the individual (12). And if liberty is to he the attribute of living men and not of abstract dummies invented by individualistic liberalism, then Fascism stands for liberty, and for the only liberty worth having, the liberty of the State and of the individual within the State (13). The Fascist conception of the State is all embracing; outside of it no human or spiritual values can exist, much less have value. Thus understood, Fascism, is totalitarian, and the Fascist State - a synthesis and a unit inclusive of all values - interprets, develops, and potentates the whole life of a people (14).

So forced lockdowns and stay at home orders enforced by militaries and blessed by the masses are absolutely fascism. Unlike this pathetic childish bullsht like "Oh, he made a bad comment about Chinese... he's a fascist" tomfooloery, here we are seeing actual fascism assumedly excused because" OMG CORONAVIRUS!!!

You want a Coronavirus update? OK, grand, here's one for you: Update, March 20, 2020... Coronavirus renders America into a collective of cowards happy to surrender their rights and liberties over a boogeyman. Film at 11.

I don't remember Nazi Germany Being locked down, and oppressed.
Quite the Contrary.
They seemed to like visiting other countries, a lot in fact.
Learn.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trillium
Just when you think you have a plan thing go south in a bad way

Grandson just finish spinal corrective operation back at home but still on a ventilator at night
Daughter a nurse at local hospital with 2 month leave for home care
She just call and been put on 24 hour call back notice
Now asking to bring him here for isolation said 2 to 3 month ???
She know more then she saying
Problem is brother on his way here for here 14 day isolation already
I do have 3 separate unit but only 25 feet apart

Sorry to hear that Trillium, that sounds like a lot to deal with. I'm feeling kind of lucky with my basic circumstances (though not amazing by a long shot), but my heart breaks with what some of you are having to deal with.
Anyway, if it means anything, my heart goes out to you.. Everyone feels a little helpless hearing the problems people are facing out there.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyBalls2

Thanks, I'll take it from the first person to actually use the word, Benito Mussolini, if you don't mind...

Fascism is therefore opposed to all individualistic abstractions based on eighteenth century materialism; and it is opposed to all Jacobinistic utopias and innovations. It does not believe in the possibility of "happiness" on earth as conceived by the economistic literature of the XVIIIth century, and it therefore rejects the theological notion that at some future time the human family will secure a final settlement of all its difficulties. This notion runs counter to experience which teaches that life is in continual flux and in process of evolution. In politics Fascism aims at realism; in practice it desires to deal only with those problems which are the spontaneous product of historic conditions and which find or suggest their own solutions (9). Only by entering in to the process of reality and taking possession of the forces at work within it, can man act on man and on nature (10).

Anti-individualistic, the Fascist conception of life stresses the importance of the State and accepts the individual only in so far as his interests coincide with those of the State, which stands for the conscience and the universal, will of man as a historic entity (11). It is opposed to classical liberalism which arose as a reaction to absolutism and exhausted its historical function when the State became the expression of the conscience and will of the people. Liberalism denied the State in the name of the individual; Fascism reasserts the rights of the State as expressing the real essence of the individual (12). And if liberty is to he the attribute of living men and not of abstract dummies invented by individualistic liberalism, then Fascism stands for liberty, and for the only liberty worth having, the liberty of the State and of the individual within the State (13). The Fascist conception of the State is all embracing; outside of it no human or spiritual values can exist, much less have value. Thus understood, Fascism, is totalitarian, and the Fascist State - a synthesis and a unit inclusive of all values - interprets, develops, and potentates the whole life of a people (14).

So forced lockdowns and stay at home orders enforced by militaries and blessed by the masses are absolutely fascism. Unlike this pathetic childish bullsht like "Oh, he made a bad comment about Chinese... he's a fascist" tomfooloery, here we are seeing actual fascism assumedly excused because" OMG CORONAVIRUS!!!

You want a Coronavirus update? OK, grand, here's one for you: Update, March 20, 2020... Coronavirus renders America into a collective of cowards happy to surrender their rights and liberties over a boogeyman. Film at 11.

Quite the Contrary.
Learn.

Germans did what they were told in Nazi Germany... be it invading a neighbor or be it getting gathered up and locked down, later turning into concentration camps. You say I should "learn"... all I see possible to "learn" from you is how to be wrong, so I'll pass on the offer.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyBalls2

Quite the Contrary.
Learn.

Germans did what they were told in Nazi Germany... be it invading a neighbor or be it getting gathered up and locked down, later turning into concentration camps. You say I should "learn"... all I see possible to "learn" from you is how to be wrong, so I'll pass on the offer.

Iraq, Syria, Vietnam, could go on.
Gitmo (Concentration Camp ?).
Say again ?

CORONAVIRUS UPDATE THREAD.

I'm off to bed, enough of this back and forth.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   

ANTIFAPPER identified... Now I see where your beef is, it isn't with the Coronavirus lockdown being called out as the fascist move it is, it's over my "slighting" the little ANTIFAP assholes' earlier tantrums in the US.

Coronavirus Update: March 20, 2020... "ANTIFA are bitches" says Coronavirus.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Updates from New England:

Employers have finished handing out emergency and critical service IDs and suspending operations, just in time for the states shutting down operations for weeks.

Still hearing that word indefinitely quite a bit regarding how long these operations will be going on.

Hospitals very low in respiratory PPE, so much that they are wearing masks for multiple patients before replacing them.

Civilians are very nervous about the spin up of military units because of exaggerated Facebook and social media hoax posts about true intentions. Don’t be worried, they are there to help state programs.

Emergency loan/grant programs being given to businesses that encompass paying workers and rent and business bills while employees are home. If they continue employment and operations, they do not have to pay back the loans. They encompass 4 months of shutdown.

Emergency supply deliveries to healthcare facilities delivered through emergency stock programs. Not nearly enough supplies.

Military Unit activations are increasing but the guard and reserve units are more worried about preventing infection in units to ensure readiness.

I will say one thing, I do think these shelter in place policies are being tried before moving to stricter movement controls. People are still not listening, mainly the cities.

I also noticed the homeless populations in the cities that used to be on the streets all the time, poof, gone.

All operations except essential services and military/government contracts are suspended until further notice.

Freeze on critical bills, late fees and shutoff. I thought I heard them say they will fine people for not following rules.

The only way I even see them considering a military enforced quarantine, is if people don’t listen. Even then I don’t see most of them being armed.
edit on 20-3-2020 by TheAMEDDDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Curious as to the reason for your complete flip in stance regarding the containment of this virus... in the beginning I recall you were pretty stone cold about locking everything down and keeping everyone out, etc, in order to keep the virus from getting in and spreading... now it seems you think it's all an overreaction and any actions taken by the Government(s) to try and contain this situation from worsening, if temporarily restricting the freedoms & liberties of the populace, is unwarranted fascism. Do you not think this very real pandemic warrants some temporary drastic measures? Do you not trust the Trump Administration to ensure things go back to normal once the pandemic is under control (as in all freedoms & liberties restored, if they were ever taken)?

Just a bit confused as to what's changed to make your stance on the situation (seemingly) completely flip?
edit on 20/3/20 by Navieko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Looting has started in California. Police have been instructed not to make arrests for low level crimes and so now people are getting bold and just openly walking out of stores with stolen items. Several food banks have been looted too. Things are going to get a lot worse on several fronts before they get better.
toofab.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Hawaii is up 11 to 37.
Two are community spread.

Welcome to the club

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAMEDDDoc

Emergency loan/grant programs being given to businesses that encompass paying workers and rent and business bills while employees are home. If they continue employment and operations, they do not have to pay back the loans. They encompass 4 months of shutdown.
Loans from the state? Or have the Feds got a program up?
edit on 3/20/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

link   
off topic

edit on 20-3-2020 by BPilgrim because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: saladfingers123456

I'm pretty confident it is more about a lack of data rather than hidden data. While I can consider the possibility of some countries with limited access to information from outside to hide data, for that to be worlwide is another story. Considering the number of confirmed cases globally has increased in strict relation to the number of tests performed in the last week, probabilities lean towards lack of data.

Furthermore, there has been three weeks between the confirmation of the virus and the quarantine of Wuhan. Considering that it was holidays, I assume that a lot of people and packages has travelled in this timelenght. I think this virus has spread globally while the world was still considering it a "China's problem".

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Hawaii is up 11 to 37.
Two are community spread.

Police tape all along Kuhio Beach and Waikiki.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

We are starting to get community spread in NZ. Fifty seven so far. Two community the rest travelers. We are at level two where over seventy year old's stay at home as with immune compromised. With unnecessary travel restrictions advised. Food panic in the usual categories.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 08:43 PM
link   

a reply to: Mamana12

I assume ANTIFA is also mobilizing?

And probably all the far right militias and neo nazis .

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: MrNeo

I hadn't heard that.
Got a source? Pics?

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

The state pushed the information out, I doubt they will be paying for it with FEMA activations nation wide. Plus with the state of emergency status the federal government should cover it.

I would have to research that one, they moved quickly because businesses are closing doors permanently. All the restaurants are serving cook at home meals and family meals with limited menus and drive through or curbside pickup in parking lots.

Never seen anything like it before in my life.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAMEDDDoc

I don't see how any state could offer that, seeing that they don't have the option of deficit spending.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 08:47 PM
link   

ANTIFAPPER identified... Now I see where your beef is, it isn't with the Coronavirus lockdown being called out as the fascist move it is, it's over my "slighting" the little ANTIFAP assholes' earlier tantrums in the US.

Coronavirus Update: March 20, 2020... "ANTIFA are bitches" says Coronavirus.

You might have missed my reply to your previous post :

a reply to: Mamana12

I assume ANTIFA is also mobilizing?

Hopefully.
Once they try their sh!t on the Military, they might just get there asses handed to them, as they should.

Enough now. You are a Mod and should know better.

<< 170  171  172    174  175  176 >>

join