It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 175
<< 172  173  174    176  177  178 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Hoping this may be of some use.

Traditional Chinese Medicine in the Treatment of Patients Infected with 2019-New Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2): A Review and Perspective

Ongoing TCM Clinical Trials for the treatment of SARS-CoV-2 infection
www.ijbs.com...
edit on 20-3-2020 by primalfractal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

China is a huge mass producer of these materials, they were seizing supplies out of the chain and negating contracts during the initial outbreak. One of the problems in the Event 201 scenario was supply hoarding. They decided that any initial country would slow it down as much as possible and would be able to have additional supplies to combat the spread.

The Chinese were also criticized during the scenario for still having warehouses of supplies, now expired, stockpiled during the original SARS outbreak. So they were supposed to donate a percentage to supply chains that would help other nations. A bunch of disagreements during this part of the scenario so they moved on to population control as the best option. The Chinese claimed they couldn’t even produce enough for their own population during a pandemic.

Now that we’re having our oh crap moment, we finally realize it might be important to be able to support ourselves during a time of crisis.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 09:37 PM
link   

The coronavirus killed city residents at a rate of more than one per hour on Friday. Between just 10 a.m. and 6 p.m., 14 people in New York City died from the virus, pushing the Big Apple’s total death toll to 43. The toll had been 29 prior to Friday’s jump in deaths. It was the first time that the city’s single-day toll had hit double digits. And the city’s Health Commissioner, Dr. Oxiris Barbot, warned New Yorkers that double-digit daily deaths may well become the new normal, at least for a time. “I wouldn’t be surprised if we get to a day when we have double-digits new people dying every day,” she said at a City Hall press conference Friday afternoon.

Very disturbing. We need to be very vigilant at this time. AVOID and ignore all trolls, saying this is not that bad etc. we cannot waste our time on those that have agendas or just do not care for themselves it’s to late for them. We are going to see civil unrest in cities also. I am predicting our healthcare system in metropolis’s are about to collapse. If your in a big city may be time to LEAVE.

SOURCE

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: elitegamer23

We used to get a bunch from Puerto Rico, never knew that until someone told me, but they’re still having problems producing, so that’s not working out anymore. China shut down and seized supplies from that part of the world. Now many were finding reusable PPE that can be wiped down with peroxide or bleach and that stuff is sold out. The generic products are garbage and not well made, no idea where these are mass produced.
edit on 20-3-2020 by TheAMEDDDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 10:02 PM
link   
bookmark

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

For what it's worth.

As a martial artist since childhood and ex mma fighter, trained to spot and respond to impending violence, I can also see civil unrest coming.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

What about a motorbike helmet with the visor taped down sitting on a scarf around the neck?

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

I think you need to be aware of any vents in the helmet (but if you block them it can fog)... I bought some 3M construction goggles but they have vents. Been trying to get an idea of how to combat the vents versus fogging dilemma myself but am just sticking it out in self isolation for now to see what happens in my locale (shrug)

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: anonentity

I think you need to be aware of any vents in the helmet (but if you block them it can fog)... I bought some 3M construction goggles but they have vents. Been trying to get an idea of how to combat the vents versus fogging dilemma myself but am just sticking it out in self isolation for now to see what happens in my locale (shrug)

There is anti fog sprays and rubs. One is called Zooks, I believe. We have to use it in the summertime when the humidity is high
edit on 20-3-2020 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: primalfractal

For what it's worth.

As a martial artist since childhood and ex mma fighter, trained to spot and respond to impending violence, I can also see civil unrest coming.

It's not going to be from people dying, though, it's going to be from people losing their livelihoods, from losing their jobs, their homes, being evicted (nothing stopping anyone but HUD residents/homeowners from experiencing that yet) from people told what to do, when to do it and how. This is going to blow up in everyone's faces and cost far more down the road than just a few percentage points' worth of lives. And all of the folks harping for total lockdown control over the populace know this, they just refuse to acknowledge it.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent

The coronavirus killed city residents at a rate of more than one per hour on Friday. Between just 10 a.m. and 6 p.m., 14 people in New York City died from the virus, pushing the Big Apple’s total death toll to 43. The toll had been 29 prior to Friday’s jump in deaths. It was the first time that the city’s single-day toll had hit double digits. And the city’s Health Commissioner, Dr. Oxiris Barbot, warned New Yorkers that double-digit daily deaths may well become the new normal, at least for a time. “I wouldn’t be surprised if we get to a day when we have double-digits new people dying every day,” she said at a City Hall press conference Friday afternoon.

Very disturbing. We need to be very vigilant at this time. AVOID and ignore all trolls, saying this is not that bad etc. we cannot waste our time on those that have agendas or just do not care for themselves it’s to late for them. We are going to see civil unrest in cities also. I am predicting our healthcare system in metropolis’s are about to collapse. If your in a big city may be time to LEAVE.

SOURCE

You know, I've been saying a few things about big cities.
1. Have each family member a bicycle
2. Have tent and camping supplies ready
3. Leave if you live in a big city
4. Find a source with fresh water (potable)
5. Have fishing equipment
6. Better to go along the Mississippi River if possible. Many places to camp out
7. Have a ax
8. Some kind of protection.

People in the beginning people were following me till my threads got a bit too thick, but in reality, most of what I said has come true, maybe not so in America, but still I'd like to say this, now America is a head of Japan in a few ways.
Won't say which way because I don't live there and haven't seen in person. When I mentioned about one stock of food, well, that didn't go over too well. Then I covered myself by saying 6 months of food. Maybe I should have stayed with one year of supplies. But I know maybe 99 out of 100 people can't do it.

Take care, at least now it is warming up. (temperature wise that is )

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

What about a motorbike helmet with the visor taped down sitting on a scarf around the neck?

Yes, as a biker (scooter) I would go that route indeed.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

Will have to look into ordering that online and using electrical and/or duct tape to plug the vents in my goggles. Between that, a few layers of gloves, ear plugs, N95 mask and stripping down & isolating my outerwear + having a sanitizing station before I get back indoors I can take up to 10 trips out if need be and as secure as I can be with my own resources.

I should also utilize my disposable ponchos to simplify some of that process but in the meantime not planning to leave for at least a week or two and can hunker down for a few months if need be (but I'll likely lose my job if so... at least that might be better than running the risk of catching this thing)

What times we are living in...

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 10:58 PM
link   

I would not be in NYC right now, or any big city. For the reasons I said. A metropolis is conducive, for this virus to spread. Everyone STOPPED talking about how this virus can spread asymptomatic. Bad people in cities will take advantage of the lockdowns and people will turn violent when hospitals are over run. We are not Italy or China. UK needs to pay attention also, there government passed a law where the infected can be arrested. 🤷‍♂️ Stay vigilant.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent

I would not be in NYC right now, or any big city. For the reasons I said. A metropolis is conducive, for this virus to spread. Everyone STOPPED talking about how this virus can spread asymptomatic. Bad people in cities will take advantage of the lockdowns and people will turn violent when hospitals are over run. We are not Italy or China. UK needs to pay attention also, there government passed a law where the infected can be arrested. 🤷‍♂️ Stay vigilant.

And just think of all them gangs that are WELL stocked up on guns. Anyway, this stuff is thick, but it will happen.

Oh, well. Time to do some work on my guitar I guess.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: MrNeo

The building I work in downtown is nearly empty. Parking spaces galore.
The Food Court guys on the ground floor are hurting bad.

I won't be in the office next week.

I'm in construction.
We're small and having projects stall out, clients going radio silent - UH

I was born here.
Never seen anything like this.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: primalfractal

For what it's worth.

It's not going to be from people dying, though, it's going to be from people losing their livelihoods, from losing their jobs, their homes, being evicted (nothing stopping anyone but HUD residents/homeowners from experiencing that yet) from people told what to do, when to do it and how. This is going to blow up in everyone's faces and cost far more down the road than just a few percentage points' worth of lives. And all of the folks harping for total lockdown control over the populace know this, they just refuse to acknowledge it.

Absolutely correct. This is NOT a partisan issue, everyone needs to see this for what it really has become. All this hoping for lockdowns etc is NOT good. People are foaming with rage already over this.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrNeo

originally posted by: Phage

The building I work in downtown is nearly empty. Parking spaces galore.
The Food Court guys on the ground floor are hurting bad.

I won't be in the office next week.

I'm in construction.

I was born here.
Never seen anything like this.

and you have all the homeless camping out

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 11:11 PM
link   

I'm in construction. 

Construction is coming to a halt here also. The governor put a shelter in place order.

When construction stops, that is a bad sign. The world doesn't really need paper pushers, it need to be able to produce something useful and tangible to be able to sustain a healthy economy.

I see bad times ahead.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Wow... that is nuts. Citation or arrest if you don't leave! I mean... it needs to be done but that looks like a movie. Hard to come to grips with this as our reality now. STAY HOME PEOPLE

<< 172  173  174    176  177  178 >>

join