It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 149
<< 146  147  148    150  151  152 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

So is tonic water the safe one

Tonic water contains a tiny % (like .087%? check Wiki if you care), just enough to flavor it. ug/L range.

I studied making quinine my own from bark. My understanding is that the bark contains a higher percentage of the bad alkaloid when you steep the bark tea. But, it is very hard to guess what percentage of either is in the tea. And even with secondary base then acid extraction methods, in the doses needed for CV19, there will be enough of the bad alkaloid to kill you. You might be able to isolate them with sophisticated chromatography separation techniques. But, not worth effort.

OTOH, the commercial pharmacological version is pretty easy to synthesize, and widely available. IMHO, this will be a very positive game changer, but should be left to getting a tele-med prescription filled.

This is coming from someone with a strong analytic chem background, who makes a lot of my own potions. Not this one!

ETA: from the studies I have read, the dosing schedule is sufficiently high that by time the side effects and risk are superseded by the benefit, you are already a hospitalized severe case. Then, it looks like a six day dose schedule is enough to get you discharged from the hospital. I suspect that this is too dangerous to treat people at home, unless the health care system completely crashes and burns.

I have my own supplemental oxygen JIC there really is a crash and burn, but even at that point, even if I had the pharma version, I wouldn't use it.
Unfortunately, if there is a crash and burn, your last hope is that supplemental oxygen is enough to get you through, along with a few OTC remedies to help with the symptoms. Anything more will require trained people and IV level support.

JMHO: If anyone can source corrections, PLEASE DO.
edit on 19-3-2020 by Oleman because: More detail

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: llreactionll
I was sent this Facebook message from someone who works in Gillette WY hospital.

To all my friends in Gillette, WY... and the rest of the US also, of course!

Some of you might remember me from my short time among you, back in 1999... yep, long time ago. Use to have blue hair at the time ;-)

Well today I'm here to give you some news from France and mostly a HUGE WARNING ! When I came back from America I went to MedSchool and I've been working as a GP for a decade now. I live and work near the German border. You all have heard about the coronavirus I'm sure. And I'm pretty confident that most of you don't really care. I don't blame you, most of us did too! But hear me today as I urge you all to GET READY!!! THIS IS NO JOKE AT ALL! A real shockwave is coming your way, it's gonna hit, and it's gonna hit HARD if you do not react now!!!

All 4 major hospitals in our county are about to crash. All intensive care units are flowded with people with acute respiratory distress syndrome. Some of them are only 20 years old, with no primary health condition. Yeah, we also were told that only old people were in danger, but that's not true. Today, my colleagues in the ER had to put their patients in ambulances and drive 65 miles to get a bed in a intensive care unit. Tomorrow probably more. We don't have enough room, staff or respirators to give the correct care to everyone, though we're supposed to have a rather good health care system to start with. Selection of patients who will get intensive care and who will not, as it happens in Italy, might become inevitable.

The virus sneaked into retirement homes too. The one I work with: 60 people > right now 3 are dead (covid19 positive of course), 2 are in really bad shape, 20 are coughing with fever... it's a f*****g massacre!

A few weeks ago we couldn't imagine it happening over here. It seemed so far away. Well, as President MACRON said the other day: WE'RE AT WAR !!! We really are. Look at the pictures I'm posting. This is STRASBOURG. We're I studied Medicine. Usually, you would find those streets crowded. Now it looks like a post-apocalyptic movie. THAT'S WHAT YOU SHOULD DO, RIGHT NOW ! STAY HOME !!! Avoid all human contacts. That's about all you can do, but it might still be enough if you don't underestimate this thing and do it now.

Our grandparents fought alongside 75 years ago, they had to go and FIGHT... all YOU have to do is STAY HOME and watch TV sitting in your favorite chair, piece of cake guys!

Get that message to all you care about, nope, to all you know and even more, because the invisible tsunami is coming.

Wish you all the best!
Joe ☝️😷

m.facebook.com...

They started building the Military Field Hospital in ALsace Today (Alsace is far east of France, where this person is located).
They started airlifting patients via Civil Helicopters and military A330's yesterday iirc (edit : To Hospitals in Toulon and Marseille iirc).

6 Patients on an A330, with Bed, Drips and Machines etc.

Alsace is overwhelmed by cases, its the main hotspot in France at the moment, i think.
edit on 19-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added stuff again

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Good day, ATSers.....
PLEASE READ THIS!
This thread is for Corona Virus UPDATES!!!
...not chit chat, SOAP BOX speeches, recipes, political trolling,class warfare, conspiracy theories, bigoted comments, medical advice, OFF TOPIC banter
ill-mannered remarks toward members or arguing....

Some NON-UPDATE threads here, feel free to join in any of these:
Diseases and Pandemics

Diseases and Pandemics:: Medical Disclaimer
This thread is NOT for discussion of alternative medical treatment of illnesses!!!

Members who continue to disrupt will face temporary posting bans. ATS will not allow the few to ruin it for everyone.

Go after the ball not the player.

Community Announcement re: Decorum

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility WILL face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

First CONFIRMED case in my county in Michigan too.
I just know it's has been floating around.
edit on 19-3-2020 by misfit312 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: tennisdawg

Thanks, TD. I remember, and am partly guilty for, that (in hindsight) potentially offending post!

I won't know for sure ever, but your post may have saved 1-2+ lives …. already in my very small area, because I acted on it.

edit on 19-3-2020 by Fowlerstoad because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-3-2020 by Fowlerstoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   
North West UK here. I work in a care home. We we're told today we will be getting "key worker passes" in case we get stopped by the army on our way to work. This is a small town, we were told it might not even happen, but the passes are being issued.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Quite a lot of concerted effort to obfuscate where this virus came from, really makes you think

But, reading that article, it doesn't say anything about any confirmation of actual coronavirus, just talk about "abnormal amount or severity" of "unusual" pneumonia, whatever that even means. So no actual tests to confirm that they actually had this coronavirus. Seems more so just planting of seeds to get people to think it started somewhere other than China.

Likewise i think the timeline is very clear. The growth we are seeing in every other country now, happened in China first. And then we saw two countries (iran,italy) who have worked close with china, especially with the one belt/one road initiative, be the next two who had the same growth. It starting some where else, doesnt make much sense, excluding any intentional biowarfare.

edit on 19-3-2020 by FellowHuman because: spelling fix

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: FellowHuman

But, reading that article, it doesn't say anything about any confirmation of actually coronavirus, just talk about "abnormal amount or severity" of "unusual" pneumonia, whatever that even means.
It means that doctors were seeing symptoms of unusual severity. But you're right, there is no confirmation on the cause.

I don't think that there is any question it started in China.
edit on 3/19/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: peter_kandra

As has been pointed out, China is not the only source of infection.

Agreed, but if it originated there, it certainly accounts for a large portion of it and would have been ground zero so to speak.
You don't think their infected count was only 80k do you?

Just curious, which approach for handling this do you think is better...shutting everything down, isolating the most vulnerable or...?

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Hi everyone, has anyone read how many CEO's have resigned recently ?

Microsoft, Bill Gates, 3/13 after forever
UPS, David Abney, 3/12 (after 6Y)
Disney CEO, Bob Iger, 2/25 (after 15 Y)
MasterCard CEO, Ajay Banga, 2/25 (after 10 Y)
Salesforce CEO, Keith Block, 2/25 (after 18 M)
Uber Eats VP, Jason Droege, 2/25 (after 6 Y)
Outdoor Voices CEO, Tyler Haney, 2/25 (after 8 Y)
Cansortium Cannabis CEO, Jose Hidalgo, 2/25 (after 5 Y)
St. Luke's Hospital CEO, Christine Candio, 2/25 (after 5 Y) (one of St. Louis' biggest hospitals)
JCPenney CMO, Shawn Gensch, 2/25 (after 9 M)
Bowers & Wilkins CEO Gregory Lee, 2/24 (after 2 M)
Bowers & Wilkins CFO Gideon Yu, 2/24 (after 4 Y)
L Brands CEO, Les Wexner, 2/20 (after 57 Y)
Credit Suisse CEO, Tidjane Thiam, 2/13 (after 5 Y)
MGM CEO, Jim Murren, 2/12 (after 12 Y)
Aurora Cannabis CEO, Terry Booth, 2/6 (+other big cuts)
LinkedIn CEO, Jeff Weiner, 2/5 (after 11 Y)
HULU CEO, Randy Freer, 1/31 (after 2 Y)
IBM CEO , Ginni Rometty, 1/30 (after 8 Y)
Match.com CEO, Mandy Ginsberg, 1/29 (health)
International Airlines Group (IAG) CEO, Willie Walsh, 1/9 (after 9 Y)

Easy to look this up for accuracy, it is all over the net.

I'm getting a real bad feeling about this. There has to be something we are not aware of here. Now i may be actually scared that something big is coming. Thoughts anyone ?
edit on 02 05 2020 by Theoxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAMEDDDoc

I am a long time lurker (first time caller lol) and I just now finally registered. If i post this wrong please forgive me. I have a question for you. Two years ago I had VATS surgery to correct a collapsed lung (spontaneous pneumothorax). They performed a mechanical pleurodesis and a few other smaller procedures during the surgery. I am fully recovered and in the best shape of my life with no known health conditions. Do you feel I am a "high risk" if I catch this? I also have a very good immune system, I have only had a cold in the last two years. I am just trying to assure my wife that if I get sick I should be able to fight this off. If you want to PM me I can give you more details if you need them.

edit on 19-3-2020 by ManSizedSquirrel because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-3-2020 by ManSizedSquirrel because: Cool I'm accumulating lightning bolts

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Oleman

Okey thanks, i think i stick to other remedys than tonic water

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: peter_kandra

Agreed, but if it originated there, it certainly accounts for a large portion of it and would have been ground zero so to speak.
I don't think that conclusion can be drawn without more information than is available.

You don't think their infected count was only 80k do you?
I don't have much reason to doubt it. They took extreme isolation measures.

Just curious, which approach for handling this do you think is better...shutting everything down, isolating the most vulnerable or...?
We cannot take the measures China took in Wuhan. I think the measures (plural) being taken now are the best option toward a goal of reducing the rate of increase in cases and thus preventing the swamping of healthcare.

You should read this. You really should. It is not fear mongering, it is a thorough examination of strategies and projected outcomes. It is my impression that the "suppression" strategy is the one our government is undertaking.

COVID PDF

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   
French Live Feed at 20h47 :

USA is apparently warning all Citizens to not travel outside of the USA, and for those outside the USA to come back, if possible.
A US State Department Travel warning has been posted for the WHOLE PLANET, a first in the History of the Country.

www.20minutes.fr...
edit on 19-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added US State Dept.

edit on 19-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: spelling

Global Level 4 Travel Advisory
travel.state.gov...

Information for Travellers (avoid all international travel) :
travel.state.gov...

edit on 19-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added links

edit on 19-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added stuff again

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Theoxx
Now i may be actually scared that something big is coming.

Well there is that scary virus currently causing the worst pandemic in the last 100 years.
Or did you have something bigger in mind?

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I just can't get over how this is taking off. At 11:43am I post the number of 4152 confirmed cases. Now we are already over 5298. Crazy.
abc7ny.com...

New York state cases increase Officials announced cases in New York state have increased to 5,298. There have been a total of 31 fatalities. These numbers include the 3,615 positive cases and 22 deaths in New York City.

Kohls will be closing their stores starting at 7:pm tonight till April 1st.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Theoxx

That's not even a fraction of the list FYI, thanks for posting. It is likely related and the elite knew that the globe was on the precipice of a huge economic crash and paradigm shift

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Chance321

I just can't get over how this is taking off. At 11:43am I post the number of 4152 confirmed cases. Now we are already over 5298. Crazy.
This is because testing is now occuring and results are coming back, in batches. You are not seeing "new" cases, you are finding out how many are actually infected.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: FellowHuman

But, reading that article, it doesn't say anything about any confirmation of actually coronavirus, just talk about "abnormal amount or severity" of "unusual" pneumonia, whatever that even means.
It means that doctors were seeing symptoms of unusual severity. But you're right, there is no confirmation on the cause.

I don't think that there is any question it started in China.
I also think it started in China. And I also find it hard to belief that this virus which appears to be one hell of a tool, is natural.

Questions
Is it natural or was it designed fit for a purpose?
Who's lab? China Wuhan other country?
Was it an accidental release or deliberate?

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

And I also find it hard to belief that this virus which appears to be one hell of a tool, is natural.
Why?

top topics

<< 146  147  148    150  151  152 >>

join