It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 146
<< 143  144  145    147  148  149 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Fast-tracking off-label drugs.

Chloroquine will be allowed as a therapeutic in the US now as will remdesivir and others that have been used to some success in other countries.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Well, we just found out that we have are first case here in our small town, at the hospital.

The interesting thing is, not 5 minutes after we found out, we got a call here at work, automated, that all county offices are now closed.

Anyone else having that happen? The auto call?

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Toinski
First our PM Rutte stated we should go for herd immunity. Now 1 day later the government is already talking about the possibility of a lockdown. Crazy people.

Not crazy, helpless. They're caught between a rock and a hard place.
They can either commit political suicide by going for herd immunity, not implementing lockdown measures and accepting extreme death tolls. Or they can commit political suicide by *flattening the curve*, shutting the whole country down for many weeks to months and utterly destroying the economy in the process.

Naturally, public pressure makes politicians gravitate to the short-term solution and leads them to implement drastic measures now. It may very well be the wrong call but it's also kina inevitable.

In any case, expect things to change in two or three weeks as public opinion shifts again. Once people realize what leaving the lockdowns in place for possibility well into the summer, the sentiment of just getting it over with will grow stronger each day. And the politicans will cave again eventually of course, leaving us with the worst of both worlds, mass casualties and a destroyed economy.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Fast-tracking off-label drugs.

Chloroquine will be allowed as a therapeutic in the US now as will remdesivir and others that have been used to some success in other countries.

I wonder about quinine. You can get quinine water at the grocery store. Not saying it will do anything, but it is anti-malarial.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   
The Queen of England and Prince Philip have just moved to Windsor castle, which is outside of London. I'm thinking she was advised to get out of London before a lockdown.

The official reason given for the move was that she is "socially distancing" herself just like everyone else has to. Seems like a poor cover story given that she was already socially distanced in her enormous palace in London.
edit on 19-3-2020 by Mamana12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Yep. Sitting behind a nationwide call for at-risk primary care patients and that looks like what they must be referencing (still reading, cursory glance). Last night at 11 guidance was 3-6 months. This morning they are talking 18 for high-risk groups.

Note to everyone else: please understand, the greatest risk right now is uncontrolled transmission/multiple waves leading to increased morbidity and potential mutation.

Second Edit: this call is related to primary care of at-risk patients on blood thinners who require INRs. Generally, these patients come into the office to have their blood work done regularly. They are trying to move as many patients as possible to newer (and much more expensive) blood thinners that don't require INRs to minimize office visits for obvious reasons.
edit on 19-3-2020 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: MrRCflying

It's not about it being anti-malarial. It's about it facilitating increased levels of zinc inside the cell. Quinine would only work if it does that.

What they found is that high levels of zinc in the cell inhibits viral replication. If Quinine doesn't do that, it won't help at all.

This is why just because they've been using the same anti-virals used against HIV doesn't mean this virus is HIV. It has to do with something specific the medication does to inhibit the action of the virus, and it's that specific quality and that alone that makes it effective, not anything it has in common with being a parasite or being HIV, so you can't say HIV does this, therefore this disease will also, or this medication also works against malaria, so it will also work against this.

edit on 19-3-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   

It's not about it being anti-malarial. It's about it facilitating increased levels of zinc inside the cell. Quinine would only work if it does that.

What they found is that high levels of zinc in the cell inhibits viral replication. If Quinine doesn't do that, it won't help at all.

Interesting. First I have heard that.

You can get zinc tablets to shorten the length of colds. I wonder if they would have the same effect?

Either way, it is good news for a change.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Today's Italy update. Surpassed China in deaths.

www.worldometers.info...
edit on 19-3-2020 by UFO1414 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Italy +5322

worldometer

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Mamana12

I just saw this on Bno

Prince Albert, the leader of Monaco, has tested positive for coronavirus - AP

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   

edit on 19-3-2020 by billjenkins589 because: obvious.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrRCflying

You can get zinc tablets to shorten the length of colds. I wonder if they would have the same effect?

What makes chloroquine useful For zinc is it acts as an ionophore(crossing lipid membrane) allowing zinc to enter the cells to inhibit viral RNA. Zinc alone is unable to enter the cells
edit on 19-3-2020 by MaverickLRD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: MaverickLRD

originally posted by: MrRCflying

What makes chloroquine useful For zinc is it acts as an ionophore allowing zinc to enter the cells to inhibit viral RNA. Zinc alone is unable to enter the cells

Thanks! Makes sense.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   

This morning Cuomo announced he only wants 25% of workforce. So he is tightening down. Just the other day it was 50%. In a few days, I think he will order total closure of pretty much everything. As it is, can most businesses run on 25%?

The rate he's going the next numbers will be 15% work force. Pretty much just someone to come in flip the lights on and call it good.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: mightmight

& wait til the sheeple easily check on real facts that are out there coz more & more it's felt like their poli's are dodging questions if the msm is even asking them questions so they trickle down the rabbit hole & soon figure out it's their own homegrown disease & nothing to do with starting in china. Follow the evidence & not what our rulers tell you to believe as it's amazing what info becomes obvious when looking at the complete timeline. Honestly it's no wonder the Isis's of the world want to wipe west from the earth, as our guys are simply the terrorists elite for others to aspire to replicate. Evil, pure evil !!

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: slapjacks
a reply to: Chance321

I'm guessing by this Monday We'll have total lock down everywhere. That's just my opinion though.

Wouldn't surprise me the rate we're going here. Pretty much gave up on going to the store nothing on the shelves around here anyways. He's already closed all the movie theaters, limited mall hours, no in-dinning, closed schools, bars.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   

No. It's about getting the zinc inside the cell. Taking zinc just increases your zinc levels but it doesn't get it into the cells.

Chloroquine helps facilitate the formation of special channels in the cell membrane that allow for that. This video explains it.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Someone please take a screenshot of these web pages and post them to this thread for posterity, this is the current price of Chloroquine in Mexico, it translates to about $15 dollars for 30 tablets, LET THE U.S. PRICE GOUGING BEGIN!!!

www.farmalisto.com.mx...

AND

www.fahorro.com...

Thanks!
Alex

edit on 19-3-2020 by ATSAlex because: Corrected a website link

edit on 19-3-2020 by ATSAlex because: Corrected a website link

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   
20% of Hositalizations are Young and Dumb

Yeah, most of us are going to get mild cases, but that doesn't mean young people can't still develop severe illness, and since young people figure they're going to not get very sick, they're playing with fire.

top topics

<< 143  144  145    147  148  149 >>

join