It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 147
<< 144  145  146    148  149  150 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   
In half the confirmed cases aswell, this must be proof that china was fudging numbers, or their health care is much better?!

originally posted by: UFO1414
Today's Italy update. Surpassed China in deaths.

www.worldometers.info...

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Furryhobnob

Based on what we're seeing in Italy, I'd say that Chinese deaths can be doubled at least.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: elitegamer23
Why do I feel like 1,000,000 people could die but you will be happy and feel vindicated if the CFR is under 1%?

Because you aren't very logical in your thought processes?

You know I’m right.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   
At the very least, what concerns me is the lack of recovered people, according to the figures there's less than 40 percent recovered, and around 4 percent dead who are confirmed to have it.
What about the rest of the percentage of people, are these in intensive care / self isolating at home?

originally posted by: DAZ21
a reply to: Furryhobnob

Based on what we're seeing in Italy, I'd say that Chinese deaths can be doubled at least.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   
News from the TP Apocalypse Front ...

It has gotten so bad that people are stealing from rest stops along I-80 in Nebraska!

Seriously, people ...

Now it appears people have found another way to get some: rest stop bathrooms.

Travelers have been stealing toilet paper at stops along Interstate 80 in Nebraska, according to the Lincoln Journal Star. It’s gotten so bad, the Department of Transportation has had to make some changes.

A spokesperson told the newspaper that rest areas will now be closed when an attendant is not present. Truck parking should remain open.

Why has no one figured out that if they can't eat, they don't make poo to need TP?

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mamana12
The Queen of England and Prince Philip have just moved to Windsor castle, which is outside of London. I'm thinking she was advised to get out of London before a lockdown.

The official reason given for the move was that she is "socially distancing" herself just like everyone else has to. Seems like a poor cover story given that she was already socially distanced in her enormous palace in London.

Bolded part mine.......it's not HER palace, it belongs to the State ie the people....she calls it The Office as that is where she does her job as Monarch.
Windsor on the other hand like Sandringham and Balmoral are her own personal homes as Queen.
Just clarifying

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I was curious about how many flu deaths that italy sees per year and found this.

www.thelocal.it...

Almost three million cases of flu have been reported in Italy since the start of the winter season, and the number of confirmed cases is rising.

Maybe they are getting hit so hard because so many of them had or were recovering from the regular flu?

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: MrRCflying

It's not about it being anti-malarial. It's about it facilitating increased levels of zinc inside the cell. Quinine would only work if it does that.

What they found is that high levels of zinc in the cell inhibits viral replication. If Quinine doesn't do that, it won't help at all.

This is why just because they've been using the same anti-virals used against HIV doesn't mean this virus is HIV. It has to do with something specific the medication does to inhibit the action of the virus, and it's that specific quality and that alone that makes it effective, not anything it has in common with being a parasite or being HIV, so you can't say HIV does this, therefore this disease will also, or this medication also works against malaria, so it will also work against this.

Chloroquine is an analog of quinine. It should function as an equivalent.

Chloroquine was first used in Peru where the indigenous people extracted the bark of the Cinchona trees and used the extract (Chinchona officinalis) to fight chills and fever in the seventeenth century. In 1633 this herbal medicine was introduced in Europe, where it was given the same use and also began to be used against malaria. The quinoline antimalarial drug quinine was isolated from the extract in 1820, and chloroquine is an analogue of this.

Chloroquine
I have been taking 50 mg of zinc daily and drinking tonic water, just in hopes that it will help as a preventative measure.

(post by tennisdawg removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Just another tracker. Hadn't seen it posted.

ncov2019.live...

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Sorry if this has already been mentioned.

A Twitter thread mentioning how a case of COVID went for a young woman who did not develop critical issues.

Thread

Cheers
edit on 19-3-2020 by F2d5thCavv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   
UK confirmed now at 3269 up from 2626 yesterday. Deaths now at 144.

Link

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Some studys clain there is Increased risk of death with long term use of Quinine

Long-term Use of Quinine for Restless Legs Syndrome Linked with Increased Risk of Death

Studys itself can be also false, so hard to say for sure....maybe limit the dosage and take s break from it . The dosage makes the poison, not the Quinine ...even zinc is harmfull with too high dosage

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   
My county was just declared a "disaster zone"

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DAZ21
Yep,
And even though we had effectively a 3-month head-start, the numbers here in the US are probably going to blow-away Italy's in a about 3 weeks.

edit on 2020-3-19 by EnhancedInterrogator because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   
No, China has younger population, while Italy has 60% of "critical" people.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

If I recall, you're in MI too. If you're in SE Michigan would you mind sharing the city? If not, I understand.

I just read that that we're up to 336 cases in MI now.

edit on 19/3/2020 by Tukota because: (no reason given)

edit on 19/3/2020 by Tukota because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: tennisdawg
a reply to: ketsuko

I just want to state the following for the ATS mods and family. A couple of weeks ago, I posted incredibly critical information about oral dosage rates, and off label uses for chloroquine in this very thread for a doctor that asked the question. My post and every consecutive post on the topic were deleted almost instantly. There is no dosage information for using this drug to treat coronavirus, but I was in a position to share early information that was shared with me. The haste to shutdown very valid information is literally going to cost people their lives. Good luck out there, guys.

Your information has been appreciated by many you never knew were reading TD. Glad to see you are alright. Good luck out there to you as well.

top topics

<< 144  145  146    148  149  150 >>

join