It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 145
<< 142  143  144    146  147  148 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   
off topic

edit on 19-3-2020 by BPilgrim because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 10:51 AM
link   
On Nextdoor neighbor site we were just informed that Kaiser Permanente will be closing most of their clinics due to concerns from exposure to the corona virus. Telephone calls and video appointment will be used instead.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777
66 new cases and 33 new deaths in uk today. Looks a bit fishy, those new cases figures considering was over 600 yesterday.

www.worldometers.info

The figures balance out, the curve is the key. Low figures one day are met by high figures the next. The upwards curve is pretty steady (and exponentially accelerating) when averaged. Though the figures we see are representative of testing, not actual.

I'm interested to know whether anyone knows if the published death rate is only linked to direct cause, rather than combining it with contributing factors based deaths (i.e. underlying condition). Anyone?

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Look at the long queue's at this link and store shelves stripped bare of goods:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

There is very little being said about supply train... all of it blamed on stockpilers. I'm sure that is a big factor, but there is more to this than that. The shops don't struggle at Christmas right? Is distribution being purposefully held up? It seems a bit odd to me.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Stores in my town have begun senior citizen, immunocompromised, and pregnant women being able to grocery shop before 9am. After 9 the doors open to the masses
There’s been an okay amount of food and drinks until mid day. Still no cleaning products or toiletries
The urgent care a few blocks away put up a triage tent in the parking lot 2 days ago
Yesterday they closed completely and there was quite the panic in the parking lot
Not to sure what to think of that.
Still dozens of people in our neighborhood Facebook group poking fun or making light of things.
Family is doing well at home, finding things to stay productive and not go crazy

I received my critical work letter from my company in the event I need to travel somewhere that is under shelter in place rules. But I don’t yet have an assignment requiring me to utilize it

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deplorable

Here's where the TSA will infect you with COVID-19.

Has the TSA caught even one terrorist yet. Might be time to recognize that their cost is too great a burden on this country ... and let them go. They're really really expensive to keep employed BTW.

What's the story? NEVER MIND. Saw your other post. It's where their employees have tested positive.

edit on 19-3-2020 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Younger Adults Comprise Big Portion of Coronavirus Hospitalizations in U.S.

This is syncing up with reports we're hearing from Netherlands and France about younger patients being hospitalized:

But of the 508 patients known to have been hospitalized, 38 percent were notably younger — between 20 and 54.

And nearly half of the 121 patients who were admitted to intensive care units were adults under 65, the C.D.C. reported.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: elitegamer23

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
It's really hard to believe the chinese deaths are only 3k when the italy deaths are also 3k.

Even in the USA the people in charge in certain states are fluffing the numbers by not allowing mass testing.

We can only hope that China’s numbers from today are true . It gives hope that the right intervention can have a positive impact on the spread of this virus . If China all of a sudden finds themselves overwhelmed with a second wave of sick, that isn’t good for any of us .

China has only tested around 350,000 - 400,000 people, out of 57,000,000 'quarantined'.
Over 80,000 came back positive.
Over 3000 dead.

Out of ONLY 350,000-400,000 tested. Over 15% infected.
Think maybe they ran out of tests?

The numbers do not suggest any type of containment or mitigation, especially when the rest of the worlds numbers seem to be running close percentages.

This testing burst that the US is about to undergo is designed to hopefully make Chinas numbers look wrong so that the mortality and infection rate will SEEM lower.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Chance321

I'm guessing by this Monday We'll have total lock down everywhere. That's just my opinion though.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: saladfingers123456

except at xmas, people don't panic buy, that's the difference.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Fowlerstoad

The predominant blood type amongst Italians is O+ so I'm not sure how protective that is.
On the other hand I am O+ and as I've said before have never had the flu nor has my kids. We are all O+.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: elitegamer23

Some think they are calling the all clear a little too early and may cause a second major outbreak in the near future.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: saladfingers123456

66 new cases and 33 new deaths in uk today. Looks a bit fishy, those new cases figures considering was over 600 yesterday.

www.worldometers.info

The figures balance out, the curve is the key. Low figures one day are met by high figures the next. The upwards curve is pretty steady (and exponentially accelerating) when averaged. Though the figures we see are representative of testing, not actual.

I'm interested to know whether anyone knows if the published death rate is only linked to direct cause, rather than combining it with contributing factors based deaths (i.e. underlying condition). Anyone?

Figures for whole UK not out yet. These must be Scot/NI/Wales who report separately.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: saladfingers123456

Yesterday my Uncle mentioned knowing a truck driver for Meijer (like a Super Target or a better Walmart) he said they are scrambling trying to hire more drivers. I'm sure if my husband wanted he would have no trouble getting a job.

Hearing some drivers are being hired on the spot. He said it a mix of panic buying and some truckers leaving their jobs to stay home.

Plus companies are making it harder for truckers to get on property to pick up the items. Stricter health rules, affidavit that you not sick etc...

Potential travel restrictions, controls at loading docks slow operations and raise alarms for freight haulers

WSJ

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Update from the Netherlands 19/03/2020 17:37 (GMT +1):

409 new cases, total cases 2460. 76 dead. The numbers are going up pretty fast.

First our PM Rutte stated we should go for herd immunity. Now 1 day later the government is already talking about the possibility of a lockdown. Crazy people.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Let this one sink in a bit

Have one very unhappy granddaughter she has to drive back
to her collage and empty all her material and residence
Trip is close to 1,000 mile one way 9 to 10 hours drive

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: billjenkins589

It's really hard to believe the chinese deaths are only 3k when the italy deaths are also 3k.

Even in the USA the people in charge in certain states are fluffing the numbers by not allowing mass testing.

We can only hope that China’s numbers from today are true . It gives hope that the right intervention can have a positive impact on the spread of this virus . If China all of a sudden finds themselves overwhelmed with a second wave of sick, that isn’t good for any of us .

China has only tested around 350,000 - 400,000 people, out of 57,000,000 'quarantined'.
Over 3000 dead.

The numbers do not suggest any type of containment or mitigation, especially when the rest of the worlds numbers seem to be running close percentages.

This testing burst that the US is about to undergo is designed to hopefully make Chinas numbers look wrong so that the mortality and infection rate will SEEM lower.

Well, maybe China got to the point where loads were testing positive, so they implemented the lockdown.
If loads of people are positive, no point in wasting tests for a town/city that is overrun by it.
Test only in Hospital setting if needed, assume the worst (if almost everyone is being admitted with it).

Wait two to four weeks, get a huge stockpile of tests produced and ready.
after the two to four weeks (or more) when it seems to have calmed down, the you should have enough stockpiled to test literally everyone.
Then you will have a good pile of info to know where you are in the crisis, and whether you are over the hump, or not.

You'll also know which towns to keep on lockdown.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Toinski

First our PM Rutte stated we should go for herd immunity. Now 1 day later the government is already talking about the possibility of a lockdown. Crazy people.

There is a rather new study, which seems to be getting some traction worldwide.
COVID19

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: billjenkins589

Over 3000 dead.

I guess I don't understand so would you explain to me please. I thought if more folks were tested we would have a more accurate numbers of fatality rate, infections etc. I do not understand how more testing will make the mortality and infection rate SEEM lower. If there is more testing then the numbers will be more accurate, regardless of which way it goes, the numbers will not SEEM to be anything.

BREAKING: Percent of Deaths from the Coronavirus Compared to Deaths from the flu in the US reach 0.7%

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chance321
Over 4152 cases in NY. I'm just wondering how much longer before cuomo orders tighter shut downs here?

abc7ny.com...

COVID-19 Positive Cases in NY - Total positive cases in NY State: 4,152 - Total positive cases in NYC: 2,469 - Most impacted state in the US is NY. After that its Washington state. - Total people tested in NY State: 22,284 - Total people tested in NYC: 9,534 - Current hospitalizations: 777 out of 4,152 (19% of cases)

This morning Cuomo announced he only wants 25% of workforce. So he is tightening down. Just the other day it was 50%. In a few days, I think he will order total closure of pretty much everything.

As it is, can most businesses run on 25%?

top topics

<< 142  143  144    146  147  148 >>

join