It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 143
<< 140  141  142    144  145  146 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Big Announcement.
Charles Schwab is closing their retail branches temporarily [so they say] across the country. This will be effective tomorrow Friday March 20th.
We just received this notice by e-mail.
I don't know how to upload an e-mail.
Yesterday they had closed the bay area but now it is national including Puerto Rico.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   
For the UK the Federation of Small Business is holding a webinar on Friday 20th at 11am but you have to register.

Coronavirus: Help and support for your business
Friday 20 March 11am GMT
As the impact of Coronavirus hits the UK economy, The Federation of Small Businesses will be live streaming advice, guidance and answers to your questions on Friday 20 March at 11am.

The panel:

David Perry, Managing Director of FSB Insurance Service
Marcus Gruenwald, CTOFSB Funding Platform
Hannah Thomas,Employment law expert from FSB Legal Protection Scheme
Philip King, Interim Small Business Commissioner
This panel will discuss:

Staff protection: Keeping your employees safe
Finance: Access to funding and credit
Business continuity: what you can do immediately to secure your firm
Your questions will also be answered by our panel. Tweet your questions to @FSB_Policy using the hashtag #FSBhelp.

Registration
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Updates from New England:

Stores are still weird, paper and cleaning supplies wiped. Perishables usually last through the day, gone by end of the day.

Outpatient centers are dead, emergency rooms are busy. Lots of respiratory stuff, it’s also season change, allergy, still cold/flu season.

Traffic about 1/3 of normal on roads.

Parks are being sealed off, this includes playgrounds.

Employers are handing out critical staff badges, these are used when roads are shutdown.

Numbers of Guard unit activations slowly increasing, this will probably increase substantially at some point. We can set up testing and treatment centers or provide logistics pretty easy.

Tip for people up here or anywhere really, I would start to prepare for shelter in place and restricted travel for periods of time.

The word “indefinite” is being used regarding how long we need to plan for this in military and civilian jobs. Everyone is hitting the pause button on projects and shifting to researching Covid-19.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   
www.bizjournals.com.>sanfrancisco.news.2020/03/18>charles_Sch
This was the announcement about Schwab closing in the Bay area to protect staff from catching the virus.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 09:47 AM
link   
It's really hard to believe the chinese deaths are only 3k when the italy deaths are also 3k.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I checked around and a number of banks are closing their hobbies to try and enforce the social distancing requirement. Many hope to keep the drive through options open and protect tellers behind glass.
Many pages ago someone posted about China removing money from the market and sanitizing it. I wonder if that worked. I wouldn't really think so because as soon as the money goes back into circulation who knows who touches it or who has the virus.
So the idea of bank closures is slowly being walked through to the inevitable closure of all banks to the public.
www.americanbanker.com>new>banks-cutting-back-on-branch-se
edit on 19-3-2020 by Thoughtful1 because: Reference

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Looks like the youth have begun targeting stores for goods:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Shocking moment gang of thugs smash doors of south London Sainsbury's after raiding store for alcohol as capital approaches total shutdown due to coronavirus

gang of thugs smashed a Sainsbury's shop front in south London in a nighttime raid as supermarkets come under huge pressure amid coronavirus fears. Six men tried stealing alcohol from the New Kent Road store in Elephant and Castle at around 10.50pm yesterday by 'concealing spirits in their clothes'. Police said that Sainsbury's staff confronted the men, who became 'hostile and threatening' and fled outside before trashing the store front. Video shows thugs throwing a blue sign at the glass entry, which shatters. A larger group then runs away, leaving a trail of carnage behind them.

I heard the army are going to be deployed onto the streets to stop this kind of thing from happening.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAMEDDDoc

I saw Tucker Carlson show last night and he interviewed a lady who tested positive for the virus.

She said she started feeling unwell at work, came home, took Motrin, and fell asleep. When she woke up she was in terrible distress, felt like a vise had clamped over her chest and had trouble breathing.

What struck me about this interview was the fact she took Motrin, which is ibuprofen. Didn't you say taking NSAIDS was not a good idea and could aggravate the virus?

I bought acetaminophen yesterday, in case I catch it.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Fowlerstoad

Okay, sorry for the delay, but I found the place in the article that addressed why blood type O patients (and presumably maybe blood type B also?) may have some resistance to getting severe COVID-19, and it is because their anti-A antibodies might bind the virus/ACE receptor complex on the outside of cells. Here is a quote from that article that is pertinent, referencing another original article from 2005:

"A study published in the Glycobiology journal in 2005 (www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...) found that anti-A antibodies specifically inhibited the adhesion of SARS-CoV S protein-expressing cells to ACE2-expressing cell lines8 . Given the nucleic acid sequence similarity9 and receptor angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) binding similarity between SARS-CoV and SARS-CoV-210-12, the lower susceptibility of blood group O and higher susceptibility of blood group A for COVID-19 could be linked to the presence of natural anti-blood group antibodies, particularly anti-A antibody, in the blood. This hypothesis will need direct studies to prove. There may also be other mechanisms underlying the ABO blood group-differentiated susceptibility for COVID-19 that require further studies to elucidate."

Here is a link to the actual article:

https ://www.thailandmedical.news/news/breaking-coronavirus-research-reveals-that-people-with-blood-type-a-have-higher-risk-of-contracting-covid-19-compared -to-blood-type-o-which-has-a-low

SO … it is not that it hits blood type A (and presumable also maybe type AB?) patients worse, it is that the finicky blood type O people's natural anti-A response may be slightly protective, IMHO. I guess it is just a different way of saying the same thing, but less 'doom' or anxiety provoking....

edit on 19-3-2020 by Fowlerstoad because: symantics are a bitch

edit on 19-3-2020 by Fowlerstoad because: (no reason given)

ADDENDUM: Remove the 'space' after https to link directly to the article. Without that space it only takes you to the Thai site's home page.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thoughtful1
I checked around and a number of banks are closing their hobbies to try and enforce the social distancing requirement. Many hope to keep the drive through options open and protect tellers behind glass.
Many pages ago someone posted about China removing money from the market and sanitizing it. I wonder if that worked. I wouldn't really think so because as soon as the money goes back into circulation who knows who touches it or who has the virus.
So the idea of bank closures is slowly being walked through to the inevitable closure of all banks to the public.
www.americanbanker.com>new>banks-cutting-back-on-branch-se

Chase bank closed 1,000 branches. I bank there.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
It's really hard to believe the chinese deaths are only 3k when the italy deaths are also 3k.

Even in the USA the people in charge in certain states are fluffing the numbers by not allowing mass testing.

We can only hope that China’s numbers from today are true . It gives hope that the right intervention can have a positive impact on the spread of this virus . If China all of a sudden finds themselves overwhelmed with a second wave of sick, that isn’t good for any of us .

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

The data on ibuprofen is weak, the data on acetaminophen is usually alternative med and I would take it like many anti vaccine websites. Unless you’re into that sort of thing, everyone can believe what they want.

Either way, it should not make a huge difference in the infection unless you’re taking copious amounts of NSAIDs etc. By that point you’ll be swelling up, breathing quickly, vomiting blood and only compounding the disease. Taking them as directed will help you sleep.

ETA: the symptoms above are from overdose of aspirin, ibuprofen etc. not disease, just reread my post and don’t want to scare people.

If I get this thing, I will be taking Mucinex with pseudoephedrine or Bronkaid/Primatine during the day and adding doxylamine succinate to that at night to help me sleep with Tylenol as needed. Humidifier will be going and Vick’s rub with tons of green teas and fenugreek etc.
edit on 19-3-2020 by TheAMEDDDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

bnonews.com...

Cases Deaths Serious Critical Recovered
229,469 /9,292 /6,767 /224 /85,275
edit on 19-3-2020 by Joeshiloh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 10:12 AM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...
A summary is that a Chinese Dr treated 9 patients successfully using stem cell IV. Most were elderly and lived in Wuhan. They recovered within days.
Meanwhile the former director of the CDC said that they will need clear evidence that this really works.
We need to be deploying this not dithering about it.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

They lied massively as discussed in thread 1 and 2. Not hard to see. The bigger question is if they have wiped it out in China so easily, how come. Something even more odd there.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Well if I do get it, which seems inevitable from everything I have read, I am going to ask for this under "Right To Try" law.
I do believe that this therapy will work. There is much I cannot say due to confidentiality but everyone has the right to try and get the best therapy for themselves.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777
Looks like the youth have begun targeting stores for goods:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Shocking moment gang of thugs smash doors of south London Sainsbury's after raiding store for alcohol as capital approaches total shutdown due to coronavirus

gang of thugs smashed a Sainsbury's shop front in south London in a nighttime raid as supermarkets come under huge pressure amid coronavirus fears. Six men tried stealing alcohol from the New Kent Road store in Elephant and Castle at around 10.50pm yesterday by 'concealing spirits in their clothes'. Police said that Sainsbury's staff confronted the men, who became 'hostile and threatening' and fled outside before trashing the store front. Video shows thugs throwing a blue sign at the glass entry, which shatters. A larger group then runs away, leaving a trail of carnage behind them.

I heard the army are going to be deployed onto the streets to stop this kind of thing from happening.

guns are very useful in this situation

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Went out to the local store (MI)yesterday to stock up on a few more non-food items. Food was there but scarce.

Zinc was completely gone along with a lot of other vitamins.
Medicine like Tylenol,Motrin, NyQuil was still available and lots of cough drops.

Hygiene products were still in good supply but the cheap ones were gone. Things like VO5 shampoo and Suave.

Lots of veggies seeds still so I stocked up.

No Toilet Paper. But there were napkins,paper towels, etc.

Juice was mostly gone but there was water.

Meat only pig. A ton of pig. The bacon was super cheap. It's like people are afraid to buy it? Or is there just more?

Absolutely No bread except bakery bread. Lots and lots of fruit and veggies. So I stocked up on some.

Across town a picture of a local hardware store. That's Toilet paper. Outside and there was no limit. Guess they trusted the small town.
edit on 19-3-2020 by misfit312 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Greetings, ATSers.....
PLEASE READ THIS!
This thread is for Corona Virus UPDATES!!!
...not chit chat, SOAP BOX speeches, recipes, political trolling,class warfare, conspiracy theories, bigoted comments, medical advice, OFF TOPIC banter
ill-mannered remarks toward members or arguing....

Some NON-UPDATE threads here, feel free to join in any of these:
Diseases and Pandemics

Diseases and Pandemics:: Medical Disclaimer
This thread is NOT for discussion of alternative medical treatment of illnesses!!!

Members who continue to disrupt will face temporary posting bans. ATS will not allow the few to ruin it for everyone.

Go after the ball not the player.

Community Announcement re: Decorum

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility WILL face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl
I imagine we are heading towards digital currency. Over the past few years we have seen some interesting experiments in other countries and maybe that will be the only option since that can be a medium of infection.
Remember India a few years ago eliminated two type of the most common denomination in the country?
Also how about the Island of Capri where they went into bank accounts and took a percentage of holdings.
Under the guise of this pandemic many sweeping changes will be made and some will be good. And some will not be well liked.

new topics

top topics

<< 140  141  142    144  145  146 >>

join