It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 130
<< 127  128  129    131  132  133 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: zilebeliveunknown

Thank you for taking the time to update us. We really appreciate it.
Stay safe!
-Wizzz

(post by ignorant_ape removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrRCflying

originally posted by: Thoughtful1
One issue that has not been addressed and is so important for so many people. My partner is on a couple of meds. He can only get refills for one month at a time for one.
I have been trying to get his meds refilled and this is horrible. I keep having to go to the pharmacy to try and pick it up but the Drs office has not called them back to approve the refill. Obviously they are swamped. The pharmacy is swamped and cannot answer the incoming phone calls so there I am constantly being exposed.
Meanwhile the Dr office doesn't want anyone to come.
This is absolute B.S.
We have been held in this hostage situation and it just adds to the anxiety. It is time that this over controlling of the pharmacy and the patients by the medical cartel is broken.
I am upset.

Where do you live? In NYS here. My son has a sinus infection, and was diagnosed over the phone. Called in a script and I was able to get it.

My mother got 3 months of pills, but my insurance will only cover 1 month at a time. I need 2 BP meds, and an anxiety med each day. So I am kind of worried that in a month I will not be able to get it either.

I posted yesterday, but it is so many pages back now that I wanted to post it one more time.

When I called our pharmacy they said that there is now a COVID-19 override so that people don't have to wait to refill their next 30- or 90-day supply. I refilled mine, and my husband's, important medications and they clicked the override and it worked.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: RexKramerPRT

originally posted by: johnb
a reply to: RexKramerPRT

You do know the Uk drives on the left ? (Not seen the pics so apols if they are on the right)

Yes John, that's where I'm from.

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

can you show these " wrong " images ???????????????

i now have 4 people who know what they are seeing - telling me that the UK military - is infact live - and creating all the pre position staging areas logistics etc - to operate insde the M25

so far - only redcaps have been seen with weapons - but thats going to change

Sure

Final edit : Its Royal Thai Army, see RexKramerRT post below.

Original reply :
Could be France, they are building a Field Hospital in Alsace, and they drive on the right.
Also, the guy taking the pic would then be in the passenger seat.
Right time of year, and we have those exact concrete barriers between some motorways and some A roads.
The vehicles aren't land rovers, i'm not sure the UK has much else in the way of small vehicles ?
Unless they're american?

Fuzzy pic.

edit : That Ambulance looks like a pickup conversion.
Europe doesn't really have pickups, for Army either (its the only vehicle that looks off to me, but we could have some).

South America ?
edit on 18-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added stuff

edit on 18-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added stuff again

edit on 18-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: final cut

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tukota

One issue that has not been addressed and is so important for so many people. My partner is on a couple of meds. He can only get refills for one month at a time for one.
I have been trying to get his meds refilled and this is horrible. I keep having to go to the pharmacy to try and pick it up but the Drs office has not called them back to approve the refill. Obviously they are swamped. The pharmacy is swamped and cannot answer the incoming phone calls so there I am constantly being exposed.
This is absolute B.S.
We have been held in this hostage situation and it just adds to the anxiety. It is time that this over controlling of the pharmacy and the patients by the medical cartel is broken.
I am upset.

Where do you live? In NYS here. My son has a sinus infection, and was diagnosed over the phone. Called in a script and I was able to get it.

My mother got 3 months of pills, but my insurance will only cover 1 month at a time. I need 2 BP meds, and an anxiety med each day. So I am kind of worried that in a month I will not be able to get it either.

I posted yesterday, but it is so many pages back now that I wanted to post it one more time.

When I called our pharmacy they said that there is now a COVID-19 override so that people don't have to wait to refill their next 30- or 90-day supply. I refilled mine, and my husband's, important medications and they clicked the override and it worked.

Good to hear! I will have to see if mine go through. If I can get an extra month, that would be great.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   
That pic has been removed from #london on twitter where i saw it 10mins ago saying London not glasgow so who knows but will probably happen soon.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyBalls2

This image is floating about, with people claiming it's either a motorway outside Glasgow, or a motorway outside London.

Both are FALSE. This is an image of the Royal Thai Army (and they are driving on the wrong side of the road to be in the UK)👇

twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Good one. cheers.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Finally broke down and called my Uncle, Aunt and cousin.
My Aunt is From China with lots of family still there.

What I didn't know was they know people in Wuhan.

The people they know there are actually all still doing well. With the oldest in their 90s. My Uncle is kind of amazed how well they are hanging in there.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tukota

This is absolute B.S.
I am upset.

Good to hear! I will have to see if mine go through. If I can get an extra month, that would be great.

I spoke to them over the phone and we just went through each one. I had just refilled a 90-day supply of Prednisone and they refilled another 90-day supply with the COVID-19 override. So now I have 5-6 months worth. This is not being publicly shared for some reason. I only stumbled upon the information because I called to ask if I could get another 90-day supply and just pay cash. Maybe they don't want a run on the pharmacies.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Yes it's obvious this picture isn't in the UK, but you can't base your whole argument of the UK military isn't deploying on the streets on a picture.

Just wait until tomorrow evening when Boris Johnson declares they will be.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DAZ21

Yet people are claiming they are on the back of a picture. I am not basing my whole argument on that. In fact, I haven't said troops won't deploy as there is a very good chance they will.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I introduced myself on thread 2 page 125.

U.K. Military rural North somewhere.

Before my wee update. Firstly that picture claiming to be from the UK with military convoy. It's bollocks. Apart from the fact the packet of vehicles are on the wrong side of the road. Those wagons are not British. Our LRs don't have those type of canvas soft tops, markings. The LR trailers are not the right type. The Ambulance is all wrong, the nearest thing we use to that was the old one tonne ambulance, it's is much more square in appearance (not many 1 tonne ambles left in service I think). Ignore and disregard, it's bollocks. Someone is scare mongering.

UPDATE:

Work: Still a lot happening. My location is now preparing to continue tocarry out its critical defence role during the pandemic. Those not needed will be stood down until needed, many others have been detailed for other ops (military aid to the civil authority) elsewhere. I am remaining here as my role is connected with the defence function. My previous updates makes things clearer. We don't have masses of manpower, that's not our role.

I know of other camps, bases and locations which have all started to take preventative measures to lessen the impact of the virus on personnel so as they can continue to provide support to the civil authority when needed. I know that various Ops are now on standby in order to do this (various Ops by different names which provide support from distribution, petroleum, protection of power sites, water, aid to police and medical support). A lot is happening.

Domestic: So glad I had the foresight to prepare over 6 weeks ago. Family briefed and we are ready.

Opinion: I will get on here when I can. I am deliberately vague on who, where, I am and what I do and allude to. But I come on here because I believe people have a right to know. I am a country person anyway but so glad I don't live in a town or city. The talk amongst my friends is what happens if it gets really bad and the system has to rely on the forces for support, what happens when we start to go down by numbers with the virus, what then? People are worried even in the forces. More worried about being able to perform our tasks and being away from families. But still confident that we can and will prevail if it comes to it. Think positive. Be kind and look after each other.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Does anyone know how I can get some legit N95 masks in the UK? I've seen loads on Amazon but they all look way to dodgy to trust and have no reviews.

I need proper ones but I don't know enough and don't want to be ripped off with something that doesn't work.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   
National Defense Production Act:

"The Defense Production Act permits the president to push national security items to the front of the line, rather than following items that were previously ordered," said Loren Thompson, a defense industry consultant and military expert at the Lexington Institute. "It exists to speed up urgently needed items."

What is the National Defense Production Act

All good. But.....what exactly produced would be suspended production-wise, in favor of producing what is supposedly is most in need now?

There is a huge discretionary equilibrium contained herein, and I urge everyone to realize what the subtle offshoots could be.
regards and stay safe,
tetra50
edit on 18-3-2020 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brick17
I introduced myself on thread 2 page 125.

U.K. Military rural North somewhere.

Before my wee update. Firstly that picture claiming to be from the UK with military convoy. It's bollocks. Apart from the fact the packet of vehicles are on the wrong side of the road. Those wagons are not British. Our LRs don't have those type of canvas soft tops, markings. The LR trailers are not the right type. The Ambulance is all wrong, the nearest thing we use to that was the old one tonne ambulance, it's is much more square in appearance (not many 1 tonne ambles left in service I think). Ignore and disregard, it's bollocks. Someone is scare mongering.

UPDATE:

Work: Still a lot happening. My location is now preparing to continue tocarry out its critical defence role during the pandemic. Those not needed will be stood down until needed, many others have been detailed for other ops (military aid to the civil authority) elsewhere. I am remaining here as my role is connected with the defence function. My previous updates makes things clearer. We don't have masses of manpower, that's not our role.

I know of other camps, bases and locations which have all started to take preventative measures to lessen the impact of the virus on personnel so as they can continue to provide support to the civil authority when needed. I know that various Ops are now on standby in order to do this (various Ops by different names which provide support from distribution, petroleum, protection of power sites, water, aid to police and medical support). A lot is happening.

Domestic: So glad I had the foresight to prepare over 6 weeks ago. Family briefed and we are ready.

Opinion: I will get on here when I can. I am deliberately vague on who, where, I am and what I do and allude to. But I come on here because I believe people have a right to know. I am a country person anyway but so glad I don't live in a town or city. The talk amongst my friends is what happens if it gets really bad and the system has to rely on the forces for support, what happens when we start to go down by numbers with the virus, what then? People are worried even in the forces. More worried about being able to perform our tasks and being away from families. But still confident that we can and will prevail if it comes to it. Think positive. Be kind and look after each other.

Hey Brick: Have paid attention and thank you very much for your updates. "Be kind and look after each other," resonated a great deal with me. Thank you and stay safe.
tetra50

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Yeah I keep hearing rumours on Twitter and Facebook. I saw some fake bits and bobs but have kept looking today for info.
Came across a few bits and bobs:

Guy called Jason Nota says he has been told troops are leaving from Catterick Barracks now
www.facebook.com...
(cant figure out how to link the video)
Not sure how credible it is but has a lot of views, over 740,000

Sources tell me that troops are being embolised from Catterick Barracks ready for a 15 day lockdown which will be announced tomorrow....

twitter.com...

Yes. Soldiers being deployed as we speak. Must say I'm not a fan

twitter.com...

I’ve got mates in the Army and they are preparing to deployed into cities this weekend #coronavirus #Army

twitter.com...

a reply to: ignorant_ape

edit on 18-3-2020 by cirrus12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I've seen this mentioned many times today online
a reply to: checkmeout

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   
So random, i went looking and clicked on a few cameras and one gave me this message

An agency or force has taken over the operational use of this camera
and not available for public viewing.

I have taken a screenshot and uploaded to my ATS but when i click on the 'upload' button within the post i can't see any images, just a X . So cant upload right now, but it was this camera;

www.motorwaycameras.co.uk...

a reply to: johnb

<< 127  128  129    131  132  133 >>

join