It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 133
<< 130  131  132    134  135  136 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 07:35 PM
link   

HAPPENING NOW: AIR4 flew over these Shoreline, Washington soccer fields as they are being set up right now as a temporary field hospital for people exposed to, at risk of exposure, or those who become ill with the novel #coronavirus #COVID19. #breaking/

twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
24hrs of numbers from BNO

1500 new cases in New York
2900 new cases in Germany
2920 new cases in Spain
1404 new cases in France
4,207 new cases in Italy

heartbreaking..
The entire world needs to lock down now.. this is madness

The reason the Spanish flu spread so far and wide was because the USA didn't understand how serious it was.
They kept putting sick troops on trains and sending them across the country to interact with small towns along the railways. We're going to repeat these scenes - if we don't wake up

Whole world lock down would be worse than this virus tho. Let's not beg for that.. please. People are getting to where they are demanding that, and that's NOT good.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   

A Rikers Island inmate tested positive for the novel coronavirus, the New York City Department of Correction announced Wednesday. It is the first case among the detainee population.

NEW YORK (WABC) -- The TSA on Wednesday confirmed that two Transportation Security Officers at John F. Kennedy International Airport and one at Newark Liberty International Airport have tested positive for the COVID-19 virus.

abc7ny.com...
edit on 18/3/20 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 07:41 PM
link   
HOT OFF THE PRESS:

Up to 1 in 5 younger adults in the U.S. infected with coronavirus wind up in the hospital, according to a new analysis by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The CDC looked at more than 2,400 cases of COVID-19 in the United States over the past month in the analysis released Wednesday. It found that coronavirus patients over 85 had the highest death rate with 10% to 27% dying from the disease. That’s similar to data from China that indicates a majority of deaths are in people over 60, according to the CDC.

Up to 20% of younger adults infected with coronavirus end up hospitalized, CDC says Read more here: www.bradenton.com...=cpy

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 07:47 PM
link   
This is 15 mins away from me and the beaches locally. I do allot of work in Bradenton, and LWR.

The first person to die after testing positive for COVID-19 in Manatee County was being treated at Lakewood Ranch Medical Center when he died Tuesday. The case is also the first case of COVID-19, the disease caused by the new coronavirus, confirmed at that hospital. Hospital spokeswoman Kristina R. Sparacino confirmed the death early Wednesday afternoon. “As the novel coronavirus takes its toll across the country and around the world, Lakewood Ranch Medical Center is saddened to confirm that a patient passed away yesterday, who had tested positive for COVID-19,” said a statement from the hospital released by Sparacino to the Bradenton Herald. “We send our heartfelt condolences to the family during this difficult time.” Read more here: www.bradenton.com...=cpy

First Manatee COVID-19 death was patient at Lakewood Ranch Medical Center, hospital says Read more here: www.bradenton.com...=cpy

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 07:52 PM
link   
oak park ordered to shelter in place...

oak park IL

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

The emphasis on fatality rate is a distraction.
The real threat is in the number of hospitalizations, young or old.

edit on 3/18/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I know, it just emphasizes a cluster is coming. Where there is one, means there will be more. The death is also significant thou, but I understand your point Mr. Phage.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Really?

...and what if it keeps spreading at an increased exponential rate because we don't lock down to figure out who has this virus?

What do you suggest instead?

My big question to every country at the moment is:

Are you an Italy or are you a Singapore?

Australia is looking closer to an Italy currently...

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAMEDDDoc
a reply to: angelchemuel

Maybe you have some intuition, neurologists are starting to look into this aspect as about 1/3 of severe patients begin to show these issues. This means we will see them start looking at CSF and seeing if it's causing these issues.

Kenneth L. Tyler, MD, FAAN, Louis Baum Endowed Professor and chair of neurology at University of Colorado School of Medicine, noted that earlier this year a report from three COVID-19-designated hospitals in Wuhan, China, indicated that more than one-third of coronavirus patients had some type of neurologic symptom, including altered consciousness, evidence of skeletal muscle damage, and acute cerebrovascular disease. [The report, which was posted online on a preprint server (MedRxiv), has not been peer-reviewed.]

"These [symptoms] were far more common in severe disease," Dr. Tyler said. "We still don't know whether the neurologic complications are reflective of direct viral injury or due to the secondary or systemic effects of infection." Dr. Tyler said it makes sense that COVID-19 would have neurologic manifestations because other coronaviruses that affect humans can invade the central nervous system.

For instance, as cases accumulated during the outbreak of Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS), some neurologic complications were reported, he said.

The Spread of COVID-19: Questions Raised, Some Answered by Neuroinfectious Disease Experts

I have to go do some research on viral binding and replication and why this is happening or could. If it helps we are directly comparing the Wuhan strain to MERS so the comparison in the journal is a solid analysis. What concerns me are the meningitis like symptoms and the damage to the peripheral nervous system. This could mean it's moving from the lungs and heart to the nervous system or moving through the olfactory to the central nervous system and brain stem. Both are not good at all.

Seems to me I read something similar to this not that long ago...

loadaverage.org...

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oppenheimer67
France to cancel all utility bills from midnight tonight. Starting to wish I lived anywhere other than the UK...

edit to add: Also massive support package ensuring no one will go out of business. Too good to be true? But still "keep calm carry on" in the UK. Oh OK Bojo!

Yeah, but when countries start printing up money out of thin air, then money quickly becomes worthless. It is a cure that might be worse than the disease in the long run. IMHO.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brick17
I introduced myself on thread 2 page 125.

U.K. Military rural North somewhere.

Before my wee update. Firstly that picture claiming to be from the UK with military convoy. It's bollocks. Apart from the fact the packet of vehicles are on the wrong side of the road. Those wagons are not British. Our LRs don't have those type of canvas soft tops, markings. The LR trailers are not the right type. The Ambulance is all wrong, the nearest thing we use to that was the old one tonne ambulance, it's is much more square in appearance (not many 1 tonne ambles left in service I think). Ignore and disregard, it's bollocks. Someone is scare mongering.

UPDATE:

Work: Still a lot happening. My location is now preparing to continue tocarry out its critical defence role during the pandemic. Those not needed will be stood down until needed, many others have been detailed for other ops (military aid to the civil authority) elsewhere. I am remaining here as my role is connected with the defence function. My previous updates makes things clearer. We don't have masses of manpower, that's not our role.

I know of other camps, bases and locations which have all started to take preventative measures to lessen the impact of the virus on personnel so as they can continue to provide support to the civil authority when needed. I know that various Ops are now on standby in order to do this (various Ops by different names which provide support from distribution, petroleum, protection of power sites, water, aid to police and medical support). A lot is happening.

Domestic: So glad I had the foresight to prepare over 6 weeks ago. Family briefed and we are ready.

Opinion: I will get on here when I can. I am deliberately vague on who, where, I am and what I do and allude to. But I come on here because I believe people have a right to know. I am a country person anyway but so glad I don't live in a town or city. The talk amongst my friends is what happens if it gets really bad and the system has to rely on the forces for support, what happens when we start to go down by numbers with the virus, what then? People are worried even in the forces. More worried about being able to perform our tasks and being away from families. But still confident that we can and will prevail if it comes to it. Think positive. Be kind and look after each other.

You sir are a breath of fresh air! Thank you

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Update from SC, the town my husband works in has a case now. His large company isn’t shutting down, and we are out of sanitizer he needs for work. I have 76% isopropyl alcohol , aloe Vera gel for sunburns, and an aloe Vera plant. What can I make with this that will kill the virus? I was hoping TheAMEDDDoc might chime in since he is knowledgeable in this area

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Hawaii testing has shown two more cases for a total of 16.

The "better" news, the single case which was classified as community spread is now considered travel related. It is a tour guide whose family has tested negative.
edit on 3/18/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

Not sure how helpful this will be - just didn't want to leave you hanging..

I have read that the ratio is 60% alcohol to 40% aloe gel, but it never said anything about the 'percentage' of alcohol in the 'alcohol' you're using for the mixture...

...so, I'm not certain of the degree of effectiveness in killing the virus -

- but 'something' is better than 'nothing', I guess?

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Hawaii testing has shown two more cases for a total of 16.

The "better" news, the single case which was classified as community spread is now considered travel related. It is a tour guide whose family has tested negative.

UV inhibits the spread of viruses, so that makes sense. It's one huge reason why I think people lounging on the beaches of Florida shouldn't have generated the furor that it did... significantly low risk of casual spread on a sunny day laying several feet apart on a beach.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: cirrus12
I shared this link yesterday was it?
forcescompare.uk...
The content of the page has now been deleted. Just thought I'd mention it. So many odd things happening right now online.

....you're not kidding!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: puzzlesphere

Really?

...and what if it keeps spreading at an increased exponential rate because we don't lock down to figure out who has this virus?

What do you suggest instead?

My big question to every country at the moment is:

Are you an Italy or are you a Singapore?

Australia is looking closer to an Italy currently...

I would suggest that quarantines and lock-downs will not help at this point. The thing that makes this virus scary, is that it's new. I get it, but we're ALL going to get it. Every virus in the existence of viruses has been NEW at some point. We have to allow our immune systems to fight it. Most WILL beat it. Hospitals will be overwhelmed, but there's absolutely nothing that can be done to fix that. Nothing. We have to ride this out, like every other time in human history. Martial law will only make it WORSE. Don't BEG for it!

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Hospitals will be overwhelmed, but there's absolutely nothing that can be done to fix that.

History and science says you are wrong.
www.imperial.ac.uk...

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ValentineWiggin
Can't get your hands on hand sanitizer? Make your own

and The Guardian update as of 21:01 CDT U.S.
There are now close to 220,000 confirmed coronavirus cases worldwide, as the death toll closes in on 10,000.

Johns Hopkins University lists 8,784 deaths. There are 217,247 confirmed cases.

These are the ten countries with the highest numbers of infections:

China: 81,137
Italy: 35,713
Iran: 17,361
Spain: 14,769
Germany: 12,327
US: 9,077
France: 9,052
South Korea: 8,413
Switzerland: 3,028
United Kingdom: 2,642
Source

edit on 3/18/2020 by Karyotype because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 130  131  132    134  135  136 >>

join