It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 132
<< 129  130  131    133  134  135 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Someone earlier said they saw a bunch of the big military cargo planes fly over?

They might have been part of this.

Gen. Dave Goldfein, the Air Force chief of staff, confirmed that military cargo planes were moving coronavirus testing kits, but did not give specific details during a Wednesday briefing at the Pentagon. The general acknowledged that “we’ve just made a pretty significant movement into Memphis.”
The mission was flown by a C-17 cargo plane using the call “Reach 911,” which landed early Tuesday morning at Memphis International Airport, a major FedEx hub. Shipping the kits to Memphis allows them to be quickly transferred to commercial aircraft and distributed around the country, according to people familiar with the mission.

They're using the big military cargo planes to move supplies around the country to known hot spots as quickly as possible.

This article talked about flying swabs in from Italy to Memphis, TN, (heads up there ...), but if you see those big boys flying in your area, take note.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Good day, ATSers.....
PLEASE READ THIS!
This thread is for Corona Virus UPDATES!!!
...not chit chat, SOAP BOX speeches, political trolling,class warfare, conspiracy theories, bigoted comments, medical advice, OFF TOPIC banter
ill-mannered remarks toward members or arguing....

Some NON-UPDATE threads here, feel free to join in any of these:
Diseases and Pandemics

Diseases and Pandemics:: Medical Disclaimer
This thread is NOT for discussion of alternative medical treatment of illnesses!!!

Members who continue to disrupt will face temporary posting bans. ATS will not allow the few to ruin it for everyone.

Go after the ball not the player.

Community Announcement re: Decorum

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility WILL face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Update from Illinois. Kankakee County. A buddy of mine got a hold of me and he and his girl are isolated. They both have dry coughs and fevers. She is supposed to be tested soon but they are not testing my buddy. I told them stay home and tell me what they need. So, I went to the store got what little supplies I could for them and delivered it to them. I did not go inside nor did I touch anything, Left everything on the porch for them. Will update this post if I hear anything.

Update from work is we're cutting hours in half for all employees. 140+
We just can't afford it right now. It's truly devastating. I've already cut my salary in half to just help out the only way I can to the great team I have that works for me. I will provide more updates as they become available. We're all in this together.

Stay safe, friends.

SlapJacks.
edit on 18-3-2020 by slapjacks because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
Oh, and if anyone has a spare loaf of bread, I've got eggs to barter with.

Eggs? you're still stuck in 2019 bartering exchange rates. It's 2020, lady... 10 loaves of cheap white bread for one roll of Charmin, 5 loaves of Dave's Good Seed bread for one roll of Charmin or 1.2 rolls of Scott's (Two ply), one loaf of Cinnabon cinnamon bread for a travel pack of Tuck's butt wipes. KNOW YOU EXCHANGE RATES!!!
edit on 18-3-2020 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   
176 people tested positive with Covid19 in Orleans parish today.

We are a per capita hot spot.

Coronavirus in Louisiana: Now 280 COVID-19 cases in state, 196 in New Orleans

700 Shares
WDSU Updated: 6:19 PM CDT Mar 18, 2020
WDSU Digital Team
NEW ORLEANS —
Now 280 cases in Louisiana
Seven people have died from coronavirus
Most of the cases are centered in New Orleans
Businesses and restaurants have shut down across the state
Schools will be out through mid-April
Drive-thru testing open on the Westbank

WDSU Corona Virus Updates

Oh well, maybe it was lower by twenty when I looked for it, as opposed to when I found it.
Those dead are all in Orleans Parish, and older folks in Lambeth House retirement facility Uptown

huh....Mardi gras?
edit on 18-3-2020 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Eggs? you're still stuck in 2019 bartering exchange rates. It's 2020, lady... 10 loaves of cheap white bread for one roll of Charmin, 5 loaves of Dave's Good Seed bread for one roll of Charmin or 1.2 rolls of Scott's (Two ply), one loaf of Cinnabon cinnamon bread for a travel pack of Tuck's butt wipes. KNOW YOU EXCHANGE RATES!!!

I have some fresh Eskimo ice cream with blueberries on it I’ll trade you for a roll of TP.

Edit for relevance: all the Dollar Generals I visited in the SC today are stocked full of TP and papertowels. Doesn’t seem like people are hoarding here. Off I go back home.

edit on 18-3-2020 by 38181 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: 38181

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

I have some fresh Eskimo ice cream with blueberries on it I’ll trade you for a roll of TP.

Dude, I'm literally an Alaskan living in Alaska. I have the real deal (Crisco, sugar, crow berries, and blue berries) in the garage deep freeze. It's actually worse than it sounds, too.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Ha, I know, but I prefer the fermented whale blubber over Crisco.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: 38181
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Ha, I know, but I prefer the fermented whale blubber over Crisco.

I love frosting made with crisco (and other ingredients)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I'm telling.

You guys are going to get scolded for chit chat.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I was checking in on my community FB newsfeed and someone shared this post from a woman in MI whose 16 month old baby was diagnosed at Beaumont Royal Oak with COVID-19.

Here is the link to her page before FB tries to take it down, which for some reason they are doing with these kinds of posts it seems. If the link doesn't work, her name is Colleen Sacco. She's quite open about everything.

www.facebook.com... ARS67ZQZy1MPwQYeiGfjT3-dGc61-lJou8DLLRkC7ijHA6b3tBbddrflOMH-4gEDowQ&fref=nf&hc_location=group

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   
UK Army puts 20,000 troops on standby to deal with virus:
www.msn.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Tukota

Page is gone

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
heard a rumour going around in the UK the Army might have to be mobilised to help the police in some areas. People sharing pictures on social media of army movement, not sure how reliable they are.

Things are only getting better....

On the plus side petrol prices are apparently going down. That's something.

Cheap gas!!! yaaa oh wait, I cant go anywhere

edit on 18-3-2020 by darepairman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I stumbled upon a very nice chart that laid out how the Coronavirus progresses through a person , symptoms and all.

Does anybody here have something similar to what I’m describing.

Thanks and everyone stay safe out there !

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: darepairman

originally posted by: Ohanka
heard a rumour going around in the UK the Army might have to be mobilised to help the police in some areas. People sharing pictures on social media of army movement, not sure how reliable they are.

Things are only getting better....

On the plus side petrol prices are apparently going down. That's something.

Cheap gas!!! yaaa oh wait, I cant go anywhere

Yes, and now that NDP has been deployed, and you are locked down to "discretionary" travel, perhaps the production of gas through refining may be quelled to boost production of other things, elsewhere.....
just saying
tetra

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Loadstain
a reply to: Tukota

Page is gone

I saw it and saved it. Here is what was said on her page.

Yesterday our 16 month old went to Beaumont (in Royal Oak, MI) with a 103* fever. After being told the test takes 7 days for results, they sent us home. 7am this morning they called to tell us Louie tested positive for COVID-19 & needs to come back.

Stop taking it effing lightly. THIS IS TERRIFYING. This is our worst nightmare & completely terrifying for our household. Stay home. Please please take this seriously. This could be your child, your grandparent, your loved one.

This is not to cause panic over your little ones: currently 0 recorded deaths in children under 11 worldwide. My husband and I are both T1 diabetics, our little carrier has infected me and soon enough my husband. These little carriers put elderly & immunosuppressed individuals at great risk.

*** for everyone asking: Nick has been working from home for 60+ days ***

She also posted pictures of the thermometer registering 104 degrees F and also a picture of a print out from the hospital/dr.s office stating that the child tested positive for covid-19.

edit on 18-3-2020 by lostsock because: blahhhh

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   
24hrs of numbers from BNO

1500 new cases in New York
2900 new cases in Germany
2920 new cases in Spain
1404 new cases in France
4,207 new cases in Italy

heartbreaking..
The entire world needs to lock down now.. this is madness

The reason the Spanish flu spread so far and wide was because the USA didn't understand how serious it was.
They kept putting sick troops on trains and sending them across the country to interact with small towns along the railways. We're going to repeat these scenes - if we don't wake up

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop
The consensus among everyone that I know is that we need to quarantine NOW.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

The world as we knew it 2 weeks ago is bye bye. Just like after 9/11 we have a new paradigm. I have totally come to this conclusion. After watching the beaches, I was working on a island today, people are stupid and ignorant. Our local governments are greedy also. They closed Clearwater beach they announced but it does not close til Monday, after spring break x.
edit on 18-3-2020 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 129  130  131    133  134  135 >>

join