It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 128
<< 125  126  127    129  130  131 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Some insight into symptoms, mild cases, and disease spread.

It seems that mild cases are less contagious but because they don't get diagnosed through aggressive testing in most cases, they have ample opportunity to spread it which creates a massive problem over time. They estimate that in Wuhan, about 80%+ of cases were missed.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: blackrabbit1
The banks and army on the street is just scaremongering at this point. Probably more likely to be russian trolls than real.

This thread is for updates, not gossip.

Reservists are being called back into service. I have been told by 2 sources today. This is UK.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Hello,
I live just off the beach in SoCal about 40 minutes due south of LA. This morning I saw FIVE C-141 cargo planes, about 5 minutes apart coming from the west. I believe they were headed towards Los Alamitos JFTB. Could have been Long Beach Air Port or LAX since the were headed NE direction. I had to go in but I believe I have heard several more since then. I know this is sort of anecdotal and may be irrelevant, but I am Ex-Army and I know one when I see one. Wondering if anyone else can confirm. TBH, I was a bit creeped out by the whole thing.

Anyway, Palm Spring CA has a shelter in place order, MORE ON TOPIC. I am in Orange County, and thought there's a sort of quiet here, almost seems like business as usual.

What is disconcerting for me is getting to a Walmart for cat food at 7am this morning and seeing that there was virtually no overnight stocking done in the food aisles. Lucky for me I am an ATS regular, sounded the alarm bell long before people around me even knew about COV, and have most of what I need for 60 days. I have earned the respect of many naysayers along the way, "YOU WERE RIGHT ABOUT EVERYTHING!"

Wish I had been wrong, because well look at this mess...

edit on 2020181202000000031 by odd1out because: Clarity

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Previously healthy with no underlying medical conditions ***

Living up to your name I see. That correction make you feel nice and clever did it?

Type of person who doesn’t leave the house clearly.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

reply to self - because better info - from 2 people that understand what they are seeing

as of now - its pre positioing - communications , staging areas - ability to refuel vehicles and support troops

vehicles staged off road - and in requisitioned carparks // derelict land

there may be boots of the ground " somehere " within the M25 - but all my mates have seen is prep

link   
Quick update from U.K. (north west). I got made redundant yesterday due to the ‘impact’ of the virus. They’re currently planning to write sales line down by an obscene amount until at least August. Does make you wonder what information a billionaire owner may be privy to that us proles aren’t.

link   
a reply to: HallowedEarth

you changed your claim - thats dishonest

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: blackrabbit1

utter bollox - the UK military is gearing up for operations in london - deal with it

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: checkmeout

A friend of mine, ex army still in touch with some of the infantry lads said, they're being deployed on the streets of London tomorrow. Think they can see rioting in the not too distant future...

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShortBus
So, here is an article show a bunch of different graphs of how things will play out and why it's hard to choose what to do. The fastest way to get rid of this virus is to just let it burn through the population for a few months with a lot of life lost, but minimal impact, verse a pro-longed impact that could push well through end of the year and beyond.

Article

What you wrote, about 'letting it burn through the population', is not what that article recommends at all...

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

Corona in India:

I have tried to find live cam from India but all are closed down per 17/3/2020

The numbers are probably small for the same reason there is no live cam. . .

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissBeck
a reply to: Furryhobnob

Thank you. Too be honest I call BS on this occasion. Since she has come home, she has a normal temp, and I am testing her every hour. No other symptoms whatsoever. But.....must follow the rules.

I work with someone who got a call from the school to say his boy was being sent home with a temperature, he was thinking he'd have to self isolate and was getting his stuff together, when he got a call from his wife who had picked him up - she took his temp herself and it was normal. When she called the school they had already sent home 11 pupils, and had no explanation for the difference in the readings.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAZ21

A friend of mine, ex army still in touch with some of the infantry lads said, they're being deployed on the streets of London tomorrow. Think they can see rioting in the not too distant future...

I can believe it, been hearing similar whispers from some I know too.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Catch_a_Fire

Guess we'll find out either tomorrow or Friday. I just think the unsociables will see this as a challenge and riots will start just because the army's on the streets...a self fulfilling prophecy.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Well,i doubt the dangerous youths will agree to stay inside and there's plenty of them about these days. Most sell drugs, so they won't be happy!

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Drachenfel

I just asked my little girl how many times she was tested by the school, and she said 5 times from 9.30am until 10.15am. The readings they got were high temp, normal, high temp, normal and then high temp again, which is when they phoned me. How strange this happened somewhere else. Dodgy thermometers?

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DAZ21

Hey! so my name is called Disturbance.
I'll shout and scream, I'll kill the king, I'll rail at all his servants

edit on 3/18/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777

Well,i doubt the dangerous youths will agree to stay inside and there's plenty of them about these days. Most sell drugs, so they won't be happy!
They will be shot hopefully!

link   
a reply to: MBTerkelsen

Wow! No live cams??

Gotta be something happening there for sure

link   

a reply to: Catch_a_Fire

Guess we'll find out either tomorrow or Friday. I just think the unsociables will see this as a challenge and riots will start just because the army's on the streets...a self fulfilling prophecy.

Lockdowns are getting announced tomorrow evening, military movement videos, have been getting took down off facebook etc and theres been quite a few. Weve had air raid sirens tested around the NE today, my local one this morning and county durhams had gone off not long ago. Something is afoot, have to be blind not to see it.

new topics

top topics

<< 125  126  127    129  130  131 >>

join