It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 125
<< 122  123  124    126  127  128 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Great so we probably wont get the check for our rental property (section 8 approved) and I still have to cover the mortgage yay for me.

Oh well hope we at least will get back paid on it during that time once we are through this craziness, though I doubt it.

I'm still hoping he will suspend rent/mortgage for ALL of us.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: slapjacks
I've been having conference calls non-stop since Monday, our focus now is on paying payroll. We're having a meeting with all personal this afternoon. I'm fairly certain on what the outcome is going to be. But will update as it's made official... I'll be honest, I'm ready to pack up and hit the hills and live off the land.

This is where we are at my work. We are a non-profit organisation (adult day care service) and our boss basically said to us yesterday we will be paid until the end of the month, but that would be it, no more money, doors closed.

I started self isolation today anyway, and she said I will still get paid, but after that, I dunno. One wage household (single parent). Just have to see what happens.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

It was live on the White House speech, mentioned by Deborah Birx. I don't have a link at the moment although I'll return once i do.

Update:
A banking client of mine has just has a bank wide email to suggest all bonuses may be sacrificed. Letters / Emails to follow.

Also just had wind from a couple of other people in my network that Boris is due to announce an official lockdown. There have been numerous photos of military preparation being sent around (UK).

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Update from the Insurance industry: many of the insurance carriers I represent say they will not cancel auto policies for nonpayment amid this crisis (not sure how long or what the other parameters were)

Wonder how they will afford it but I guess claims must be down with less driving too..

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: MissBeck

I feel for you. I live alone and am officially unemployed. It's a very scary feeling.

Update: (so I'm not derailing) 29 new cases in Dallas county.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Oh and for the record we will cover our tenant through this there will be no backlash for non-payment over this time frame.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Hearing a lot of rumours that army has been mobilized and london going in to lockdown as of 5pm friday..

Also hearing prince Philip has died?? Cant find any news source so assuming its just a rumour.

Think English school closures are imminent

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   

They would need to get all mortgage lenders on board to delay/forgive payments for a specified time. Once that happens rent payments can follow suit. Many landlords use their mo. rental check On another property to cover their mortgages on the homes they occupy. Trickles down. Really hope they institute something soon for everyone in the non-sec 8 situation.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   
School closures in Oregon have been extended until April 28th.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Have you called your landlord? I’m sure they’d understand the situation. These are unprecedented times.

Btw I’m in New Mexico. Wish we moved to Texas actually as our crime and the lawlessness here has me worried. But if push came to shove you could stay with us!

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Fowlerstoad

I could never remember this during the blood type segment in immunology. But I think it goes that A/B types are better at clotting or more prone to clot disorders and Os are better at dealing with stress like reactions, oxygen, infection.

I’ll have to go into an old hard drive and open up the course materials. She gave us journal articles on it.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissBeck
This morning at work I got the dreaded phone call from my 11 year old daughter's school office to say they had isolated her as she was running a temperature. I went to pick her up and we are now in isolation for 14 days. I am in a very small village called Norton Canes, UK in Staffordshire. Everyone knows everyone and there are only 2 primary schools, and one high school, and a couple of small stores to shop in. She said other children in her school were also being sent home daily.

Jane, there has been an update on people who rent.

Coronavirus: Renters to be protected from eviction, PM says

I am so sorry to hear about your daughter hun. Sending big hugs and love to you and your little ones. If I can be of any help please contact me on 07904 170384....even if it is for a chat.

In other news.... London erecting make shift mortuary's.
Make shift mortuary's.

For therapists and anyone interested particularly in UK in how to keep your workspace clear, help clients etc, this is a video I did this morning along with 4 other SME's for Think Tree Hub a professional association here in UK

Bit of an odd link so here it is in its entirety to copy and paste.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgKMS2zPxNs&feature=youtu.be

Love the Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAMEDDDoc

The AMEDDDoc, PM for you.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: IWant2Believe323

They would need to get all mortgage lenders on board to delay/forgive payments for a specified time. Once that happens rent payments can follow suit. Many landlords use their mo. rental check On another property to cover their mortgages on the homes they occupy. Trickles down. Really hope they institute something soon for everyone in the non-sec 8 situation.

I live in a large apt complex owned by a big property mgmt company. I will talk with them, as I have been here 10 years with an excellent pymt history.

I am just embarrassed. I have always been on my own and I have taken great pride in knowing I can take care of myself.
edit on 18-3-2020 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Furryhobnob

Not sure where you are, but in the U.S. when you sign up, you sign for 8 years of obligation. If you only do 4 years of active duty service in the military, you then go into the "Ready Reserve" until the 8 years is up. And can be called up for situations or war time.

That is the way it was when i was in, early 2ks. I did 4 years active, then 3.5 years in the Army Reserve, which lowered my 8 year obligation, since I went straight into reserve after active.

If you do 8 or more years of active duty or combination of reserve or guard, then your obligation is up.

I'm guessing unless there is some kind of serious emergency, then that as anything can change i'm sure.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Italy Update.

4207 new cases and 475 new deaths in Italy.

www.worldometers.info...
edit on 18-3-2020 by UFO1414 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   
A friend who works for Vodafone UK just messaged me saying weird things are happening at work (wouldn't elaborate on what) and that they're hearing rumours that a "certain city" (my guess of london was correct) will be going into lockdown soon. How soon that means, I don't know.

I have a few friends in different groups who are going to really struggle with mental health issues due to being isolated. I suggested a weekly group video call with food and drink, to make it feel like a social setting. I'm hoping it will help to give at least a small boost to mood and mental health.
Perhaps you all could do the same with those close to you

edit on 18-3-2020 by BlueSwan because: How soon that means

edit on 18-3-2020 by BlueSwan because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-3-2020 by BlueSwan because: Wording

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   
President Trump said we are basically going into war time production of masks, PPE, and ventilators.

My business is about gone now, not sure when or if it will recover.

Being that I deal with electronics and do a lot of soldering, I wonder if the companies will be subcontracting some of it.

I would be more than willing to solder connectors and such to boards for use on ventilators, if they can send me the components. It would not be high volume, but every bit counts.

It certainly would make me feel good about helping out to combat this thing.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Oh and for the record we will cover our tenant through this there will be no backlash for non-payment over this time frame.

You're an awesome person. I hope your tenants appreciate you!

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrRCflying
President Trump said we are basically going into war time production of masks, PPE, and ventilators.

My business is about gone now, not sure when or if it will recover.

Being that I deal with electronics and do a lot of soldering, I wonder if the companies will be subcontracting some of it.

I would be more than willing to solder connectors and such to boards for use on ventilators, if they can send me the components. It would not be high volume, but every bit counts.

It certainly would make me feel good about helping out to combat this thing.
Connect with the sellers and manufactures online/email and inform them of your availability to assist. Do it now.

top topics

<< 122  123  124    126  127  128 >>

join