It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 126
<< 123  124  125    127  128  129 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: UFO1414

been away for couple days and just saw the new cases tally and deaths tally for Italy, that is quite a jump since I last had a chance to view on worldometers!

So isolation isn't working in Italy it seems??

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I really wish testing was more prevalent - I wonder how many people have already had this in the last 4 months and didn't know it?

This woman had no breathlessness or shortness of breath - just fever and aches:
www.foxnews.com...

I think I may have gotten it already, a slight chance that. Because in mid to late December I was laid up with my first fever in decades. I never get that sick; I had terrible aches and a mostly unproductive cough. 102 or 103 F temperature and in bed for two days. Then I was fine. No shortness of breath but that doesn't necessarily always happen, they say.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Is that the highest daily tally for UK aswell? 676? and 33 deaths.

Ramping up here it seems.

I went back to London Monday, did a quick stayover, grabbed some stuff and back at coast Tuesday afternoon. Not going to London now unless absolute necessary.

Has the real truth come out about this virus yet? I can' t read all the posts since I last posted. I could search online but I'm guessing the truth will have been posted on ATS with links etc or/and discussion about it

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777
a reply to: UFO1414

been away for couple days and just saw the new cases tally and deaths tally for Italy, that is quite a jump since I last had a chance to view on worldometers!

So isolation isn't working in Italy it seems??
No it appears not. Also Spain's numbers are up to 14000 & 623.

London about to be locked down with army on the move. London could end up being a morgue. They are setting up mobile mortuary's.

Keep safe

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

originally posted by: MrRCflying
President Trump said we are basically going into war time production of masks, PPE, and ventilators.

My business is about gone now, not sure when or if it will recover.

Being that I deal with electronics and do a lot of soldering, I wonder if the companies will be subcontracting some of it.

I would be more than willing to solder connectors and such to boards for use on ventilators, if they can send me the components. It would not be high volume, but every bit counts.

It certainly would make me feel good about helping out to combat this thing.
Connect with the sellers and manufactures online/email and inform them of your availability to assist. Do it now.

Yep, already started my search.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Just saw the US cases... thats ramped up quite a bit too. 1,267 new cases

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

Really? Any links to that news?

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Well the big 3 shut down plants.

That puts my husband out of work. Time to look into options.
edit on 18-3-2020 by misfit312 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

I thought shortness of breath was the sign that you needed to go to the doctor/hospital because that meant it was in your lungs.

Honestly, we were laid up by an illness that gave us fever, aches, tremendous fatigue, husband got cough (me not so much) for about 3 to 4 days in January after a group of Chinese VIPs visited his place of work and he helped entertain them. I got a nosebleed out of it too which I never do.

I had a weighty feeling in my chest for a couple of weeks afterward though not really short of breath as in out of breath.

We assumed it was likely the flu even though I'd had the flu shot this year.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Unemployment directives for Missouri and Kansas.

If you have been affected by coronavirus all the way or in part, you may be able to file for some unemployment compensation.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Its looking like this virus is something else or a mutated strain of the one which came out of China??

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Boris just closed UK schools from Friday, except for keyworkers kids.

Coronavirus: UK schools to close to prevent virus spread
edit on 18/3/2020 by MissBeck because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Kansas is now recommending self-quarantine for intrastate travel.

The Kansas Department of Health and Environment released new COVID-19 recommendations for quarantine and isolation of travelers Sunday.

Under the new recommendations, KDHE is advising a 14-day home quarantine for Kansans who traveled to California, New York and Washington state on or after March 15.

KDHE is also advising those who visited Eagle, Summit, Pitkin and Gunnison counties in Colorado within the past week to also partake in a 14-day home quarantine.

If you traveled on a cruise ship or if you traveled internationally on or after March 15, KDHE said you too should participate in the quarantine.

This is in addition to those who are contacted and being told they were in contact with someone who has it.

Kansas is just freaking out.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Just read on skynews that testing will begin to see if people have produced anti-bodies against virus!

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

Or it has just spread more widely than they thought so we're seeing the tip of the real iceberg in cases because they haven't been testing for so long.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   
worldometers 404'ed anyone else having an issue?

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I was at my bank yesterday (California) and had to withdraw money. The bank teller had to check they had enough money available (I was only withdrawing $1,000) which I found really odd so I asked her if a lot of people had been withdrawing money. Her expression changed and she basically checked over her shoulder to see if anyone could hear her then she very quietly told me that yes a large number of people had been withdrawing ALL of their money and "we have maybe enough cash on hand for the rest of the week and after that I don't know what will happen".

I also noticed something locally here. Several people posting on Facebook that when they purchased groceries they were met with comments and angry looks from others in the store for having a full cart. I went to my local grocery store and it had restocked some items although not much available. I overheard several people, including the cashiers, loudly commenting that people buying anything more than a couple of items are "stupid" and "crazies". There seems to be social shaming of anyone who tries to stock up now. It just seems like an interesting shift to me. Friday the stores were picked completely clean with people suddenly realizing this is serious. Now 5 days later the people who are in the stores are almost all the ones who think this is overblown and are angry at anyone who thinks its serious.

A heartbreaking development I'm seeing is a lot of social media posts from desperate people. Many single moms who were struggling already and now can't find formula to feed their baby. Many others begging for help finding food. Many begging for help with finding masks because they are sick and have vulnerable family members at home who they have to care for.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks

Yep, same here.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: MissBeck

Blackout of info is only going to cause more damage... Ruh roh.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks

I use this one as it seems to be the most up to date with the numbers. Until now!

top topics

<< 123  124  125    127  128  129 >>

join