It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 124
<< 121  122  123    125  126  127 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Hearing rumours of army trucks being seen around London and Edinburgh, if anywhere in the UK was to be locked down then London would be first I imagine.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:03 AM
link   
CBS News
@CBSNews
·
5m
Cuomo says current projections show that in 45 days, New York could need up to 110,000 hospital beds and 37,000 ventilators for coronavirus patients. It now has 53,000 beds and 3,000 ventilators

twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: pasiphae
a reply to: musicismagic

I'm still surprised it's not worse there. Major cities in the US have empty shelves in the grocery stores and it seems to be escalating much faster here.

Here there is no panic.
Our grocery stores are full
No on is hoarding
Very peaceful
by we shut down our company today
no income no coming in
we will manage though
I think Americans don't really know the impact what they will soon be facing in about 3 days from now

I suppose this is because you all haven't been getting the mixed messages there that we've been getting here. Makes people nervous when they aren't being told the truth. Plus Americans don't handle these situations well. Our culture is "every man for himself" mostly. That doesn't help either.
edit on 18-3-2020 by pasiphae because: extra word

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: saladfingers123456

I think this is an excellent idea, and have been waiting for someone to start a UK thread.

Let's hope it's not under review for long! 👍🏻

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Well NY is now up to two confirmed with corona.
www.wktv.com...

ONEIDA COUNTY- County Executive Anthony J. Picente Jr. has confirmed the second positive case of COVID-19 in Oneida County. The County Executive confirmed the first one on March 17. Picente says that person recently traveled internationally and has been quarantined at home since March 13. Picente says this is just the beginning.

I just wish they'd give a general location in the county so you can try and avoid that area. I know you can't give an exact location for the persons safety.

Well, that didn't take long. NY now over 2480 confirmed cases:

New York, US Confirmed: 2,480 Deaths: 16 Recovered: 0 Active: 2,464

edit on 18-3-2020 by Chance321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Parksy1981
a reply to: MissBeck

Wow, hope you are both ok

Thank you. All is good for now. Just laying low for 14 days, school rules.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Trump announced Urban Housing and Development will suspend all rent and mortgage pymts until the end of April.

Does that mean for everyone in America?

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   
104 deaths in the UK up from 72 yesterday.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

This is probably for people living in section 8 and other government subsidized rent units.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
a reply to: texasgirl

This is probably for people living in section 8 and other government subsidized rent units.

I was afraid of that. Well, crap...

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Uk car manufacturers are closing down their production sites temporarily.

Coronavirus: BMW, Honda and Toyota suspend UK car production

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   
The US have just admitted there are notable numbers of youth being admitted to ICU, and they are investigating the reason as to why this is.

Is anybody still banging the 'media hype' drum?

Or is the justification going to be 'the USA have a big obesity problem' , just as 'Italy are all old or smokers' and 'China have a poor health system' etc etc.

Wake up people ffs. The world doesn't stop over a flu that only affects the elderly or most vulnerable. And don't bother quoting the figures to me about number of deaths and how many are supposedly over a specific age bracket. 1. The numbers have not been reported correctly from the start - this is obvious, ESPECIALLY in China. And 2. If we are looking at the numbers, why are the # recovered at such a low percentage??

The willfully ignorant will continue to rationalise until it is too late.

IF I AM wrong after this happens, please call me out and refer back to this post. I'll happily take the stick if everything turns out to be hype.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, a friend of mine's dad is ex military (retired) , he has been asked to prepare to be called up to serve in the street alongside police.
edit on 18-3-2020 by HallowedEarth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Update from Vermont - one of the trainees in a training program I oversee reached out this AM saying a roommate of theirs who works at a bank had symptoms and should he come in - "NO"

I quickly worked with the trainer to call all students and get the trainer set up to do class remotely.

Then I was in the hallway and one of our Directors was rushing out the door with a monitor in tow saying his wife has body aches & other symptoms and he's going home (he was way at the end of the hallway 30-something feet away)

Another employee is self-quarantining (no symptoms) after shaking hands and catching up with a buddy at the grocery store who has now tested positive for the virus.

I'm isolated in the area I work in and luckily after today most of the company will be remote (including myself)

This thing is here and it's everywhere and I can't wait to lockdown after work tonight (after stripping in the garage and leaving all items at the door temporarily, will then sanitize items in the garage before I come inside)

Will give you more updates as I have them...

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: HallowedEarth

The US have just admitted there are notable numbers of youth being admitted to ICU, and they are investigating the reason as to why this is.

Can you post a link please?

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: HallowedEarth

Is anybody still banging the 'media hype' drum?

Or is the justification going to be 'the USA have a big obesity problem' , just as 'Italy are all old or smokers' and 'China have a poor health system' etc etc.

Wake up people ffs. The world doesn't stop over a flu that only affects the elderly or most vulnerable. And don't bother quoting the figures to me about number of deaths and how many are supposedly over a specific age bracket. 1. The numbers have not been reported correctly from the start - this is obvious, ESPECIALLY in China. And 2. If we are looking at the numbers, why are the # recovered at such a low percentage??

The willfully ignorant will continue to rationalise until it is too late.

IF I AM wrong after this happens, please call me out and refer back to this post. I'll happily take the stick if everything turns out to be hype.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, a friend of mine's dad is ex military (retired) , he has been asked to prepare to be called up to serve in the street alongside police.
Youth's being admitted to ICU could suggest the virus has random mutation capability. This virus tool has the full tool set of an effective BW. Its got all angles covered including long term damage which will shorten lifespans later!

They have done the unthinkable be it by accident (earlier than planned) or deliberately and the numbers supplied by China and the fact they have the largests population, didn't close their borders and other sh.t makes them suspect number 1. But there are others! So its a who dunnit?

Depopulation could never be achieved with peoples consent even if it was made law that no family could have more than 1 child, making contravention a very serious offense and agreeing to voluntary euthanasia.

TPTB will not let the planets population get to 10-15bn you can bet on that because the implications are a doomed planet!
edit on 18-3-2020 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: MrRCflying

There are two ways to look at that study: either people with blood type A are indeed getting hit harder, or alternatively people with blood type O are somewhat resistant. I saw an article a number of days ago that suggested the latter. Will try to dig it up again, if I can find it.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Great so we probably wont get the check for our rental property (section 8 approved) and I still have to cover the mortgage yay for me.

Oh well hope we at least will get back paid on it during that time once we are through this craziness, though I doubt it.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I've been having conference calls non-stop since Monday, our focus now is on paying payroll. We're having a meeting with all personal this afternoon. I'm fairly certain on what the outcome is going to be. But will update as it's made official... I'll be honest, I'm ready to pack up and hit the hills and live off the land.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Just a thought. If we cancel all student debts would that stimulate the economy? Covid-19 is wrecking us as we know it.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: HallowedEarth

I agree we have an obesity problem but the ones in Dallas ICU are in their 20s and 30s with no underlying conditions. So, it's likely they're not obese.

top topics

<< 121  122  123    125  126  127 >>

join