It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 122
<< 119  120  121    123  124  125 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Children's Mercy confirms first child case.

They're the local Children's Hospital, but you'll note the patient was also sent home to self-quarantine. So obviously the case is mild as we've come to expect in most children. No word on whether the child presented primarily with virus symptoms or they caught it as a side effect of something else.

It may have been a flu test negative they tested to confirm it was or was not corona, and there is no word on whether or not the kiddo had any travel history or other that would have made them suspicious.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ShortBus

There are no blood cells in plasma.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 09:22 AM
link   

This is a segment Mythbusters did on mucus droplet contamination. It will give you an idea of how surface contamination with this thing works.

It's pretty gross, but pretty accurate.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: ShortBus

There are no blood cells in plasma.

Good point.
The blood cells are separated and the plasma can be used to maintain blood pressure for people that are in shock, the cells can be administered to those that are anemic.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrRCflying

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

originally posted by: Chance321
Not a good start to the morning. Seems NY is up to 1708.

New York, US Confirmed: 1,708 Deaths: 16 Recovered: 0 Active: 1,692

We've got our first case of the virus here in my county, Oneida.

UTICA, N.Y. – Oneida County Executive Anthony Picente has confirmed one person in Oneida County has tested positive for coronavirus. Picente says the person recently traveled internationally and has been quarantined at home since March 13, after returning from abroad on March 12, at which time they were symptomatic. They have not required hospitalization. The county is not releasing the name, age, gender or location of the individual at this time, nor the country from which they had just returned. While in quarantine, they are working to help the county health department identify people with whom they've come into contact since arriving back in the county. The county executive says this is the beginning. "We're gonna have more cases," says Oneida County Executive, Anthony Picente, Jr. "You're looking at the next three months being the most severe." Still, Picente says he does not foresee any further restrictions to daily life in the near future. "I don't have any intent on my state of emergeny to do that at this time or have not received any other orders or direction from the state," says Picente. "Unless something else changes in the guidelines, I don't see any of that in the immediate future." At a 3pm briefing Tuesday, Picente said he's suspending all county early intervention and pre-school-related services effective Friday, March 20th, at 5pm. The county is restricting visitors, requiring a sign-in and only allowing those with emergency or essential needs to enter the county building. Realizing that many might feel helpless, overwhelmed and really want to help, the county has set up a volunteer website, at [email protected]. Help is needed, with things like bringing food and medicine to seniors, and answering helpline phones. According to the New York Department of Health, there are 1374 positive coronavirus cases across the state. The highest concentration is in New York City, with 644 cases. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention there are 3,487 cases in the country, and 68 reported deaths.

No confirmed cases here in Steuben county, but I am sure it is here by now. There still seems to be a lack of proper testing. I don't think the local hospitals even have any tests.

Stay safe, and stay in if you can.
Just went to the supermarket this morning to top up so we can manage for 3 months. Used mask and rubber gloves. Thought better go now and rather in a months time when so many more infections.

As we arrived at the supermarket car park the Civil Guardia where checking people. Was told that only 1 person can travel in a car and go to the supermarket which was news to me. He said that if caught tomorrow out with 2 people in car then 600 euros fine.

Only the wife was allowed in the store. She managed to stock up good getting somethings we did not already have and extra. There was no rice or pasta and many other things were low. We stocked up on cereals like weatabix.

Numbers rising here now like Italy. 12000+ infected and 500 dead. Could be 30000 here in the next week or two.

Hopefully not be out again now for a long while.

Be safe.

Wow!!! One person per car. Things are getting REAL...
That's for sure. Just updated the above post with the latest numbers for Spain. Now 13910 infected and 623 dead. Almost everybody is indoors here so lets see if it slows down, but there could already be tends of thousands infected before the enforced lock down. I heard on the radio in the car this morning that the UK numbers given so far are nothing like reality and there could be 55000 already infected. London is being hit hard and that place is going to be a nightmare I think.

My mum is 84 in North Yorkshire close to my sister who is a senior nurse (A Sister)and mum has bronchitus and other issues so if she contracts the virus she wont make it. lost dad in 2005.

The UK NHS staff are looking to the UK Gov for guidelines on deciding on who lives or dies. Don't envy those on the front line or the PM. Difficult jobs.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 09:33 AM
link   
So, here is an article show a bunch of different graphs of how things will play out and why it's hard to choose what to do. The fastest way to get rid of this virus is to just let it burn through the population for a few months with a lot of life lost, but minimal impact, verse a pro-longed impact that could push well through end of the year and beyond.

Article

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

It can also be used to make life saving medications for lung disease or hemophilia.
And if people are stuck for cash you can donate your plasma up to twice a week and get paid for your time.
Something to consider. I understand they screen people pretty thoroughly so probably won't get sick there.
A lady I give rides to told me about them years ago and I've told others who needed to supplement their income. I also looked it up online to see how safe it was. When one of my son's was laid off from seasonal work he paid his car insurance with the cash.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   
This morning at work I got the dreaded phone call from my 11 year old daughter's school office to say they had isolated her as she was running a temperature. I went to pick her up and we are now in isolation for 14 days. I am in a very small village called Norton Canes, UK in Staffordshire. Everyone knows everyone and there are only 2 primary schools, and one high school, and a couple of small stores to shop in. She said other children in her school were also being sent home daily.

Jane, there has been an update on people who rent.

Coronavirus: Renters to be protected from eviction, PM says

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: KindraLaBelle
posted this link in another thread as well, but posting it again since lot of ppl on here call bs on it. I can assure everyone that it isn't! This is very real and happening all over Europe...
Lot's of younger, healthy ppl are getting very sick and doctors have no idea why this is suddenly happening so fast.

www.vrt.be...

Spooky. Thanks for the info. I didn’t see any mention of how many people with this profile they have seen. It’s hard to know the significance of the observation without the sample size, I think.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: MissBeck
This morning at work I got the dreaded phone call from my 11 year old daughter's school office to say they had isolated her as she was running a temperature. I went to pick her up and we are now in isolation for 14 days. I am in a very small village called Norton Canes, UK in Staffordshire. Everyone knows everyone and there are only 2 primary schools, and one high school, and a couple of small stores to shop in. She said other children in her school were also being sent home daily.

14 children were sent home from my child’s school yesterday, lots of staff off too.
I’m in the midlands.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 09:52 AM
link   
People with blood type A hit harder it seems.

Blood type

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Update from UK:

I'm still catching up (currently on p.114) but just adding my little update here.

I live in a small town of 8.5k people in the south east of England. We have 2 primary schools (ages 4-11) and 1 secondary school (ages 11-18) at the secondary school yesterday a child was 'unofficially ' diagnosed and the whole year group are off school for now whilst they clean, But not the other year groups.
In the primary school my boys go to, one of the mums of a girl in my 9yr olds class has been unofficially diagnosed too. She is a nurse at our local hospital. Said she's throwing up phlegm and a terrible cough and headache. Her daughter was at school with my boy until yesterday..
The school havent sent any email out about it or anything.

nb: i say 'unofficially' diagnosed as they havent actually been tested.. just told by drs.

Soctland and Wales have announced they are closing schools from Friday and might not open before the summer holidays. (In England summer holidays start toward end of July through to start of September, but they're a little earlier in Scotland)

Boris has suggested an announcement about schools in england is imminent, so will his press conference with interest this afternoon.
edit on 18-3-2020 by BowBells because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Annnnd now the banks start...

PNC Springfield

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   
UK Update: On the ground in a small town, Derbyshire

So, here, life still kind of looks normal out the window. The trucks still keep going (mainly construction industry).
I had to take a very quick excursion into town. I'd say numbers of people shopping seemed very low. Small independent shops are still open (as the town is struggling anyway, so businesses are desperate to keep going) but they seem empty.

Some shops are just closed now, which is irregular for a Wednesday. No real shortages beyond TP, vit C, pain killers... but I didn't do a stock take.

Still some people in pubs and cafes, but way less than normal. Pubs/cafes are at business risk, so I imagine they are in a bit of despair.
The local school is still running, and the staff and pupils seem to be taking it serious.
The local gossip hub is saying that the councils are covering up the actual numbers and locations, so information is unreliable from that point of view.

At this point, I'd say that this town is in the turning point between last gasps and closing its doors beyond food. Everyone seems to be isolating. It is a town with a strong sense of community, so will fair better than cities. I would not want to be in London, that is for sure.

Update over.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

originally posted by: Chance321
Not a good start to the morning. Seems NY is up to 1708.

New York, US Confirmed: 1,708 Deaths: 16 Recovered: 0 Active: 1,692

We've got our first case of the virus here in my county, Oneida.

UTICA, N.Y. – Oneida County Executive Anthony Picente has confirmed one person in Oneida County has tested positive for coronavirus. Picente says the person recently traveled internationally and has been quarantined at home since March 13, after returning from abroad on March 12, at which time they were symptomatic. They have not required hospitalization. The county is not releasing the name, age, gender or location of the individual at this time, nor the country from which they had just returned. While in quarantine, they are working to help the county health department identify people with whom they've come into contact since arriving back in the county. The county executive says this is the beginning. "We're gonna have more cases," says Oneida County Executive, Anthony Picente, Jr. "You're looking at the next three months being the most severe." Still, Picente says he does not foresee any further restrictions to daily life in the near future. "I don't have any intent on my state of emergeny to do that at this time or have not received any other orders or direction from the state," says Picente. "Unless something else changes in the guidelines, I don't see any of that in the immediate future." At a 3pm briefing Tuesday, Picente said he's suspending all county early intervention and pre-school-related services effective Friday, March 20th, at 5pm. The county is restricting visitors, requiring a sign-in and only allowing those with emergency or essential needs to enter the county building. Realizing that many might feel helpless, overwhelmed and really want to help, the county has set up a volunteer website, at [email protected]. Help is needed, with things like bringing food and medicine to seniors, and answering helpline phones. According to the New York Department of Health, there are 1374 positive coronavirus cases across the state. The highest concentration is in New York City, with 644 cases. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention there are 3,487 cases in the country, and 68 reported deaths.

No confirmed cases here in Steuben county, but I am sure it is here by now. There still seems to be a lack of proper testing. I don't think the local hospitals even have any tests.

Stay safe, and stay in if you can.
Just went to the supermarket this morning to top up so we can manage for 3 months. Used mask and rubber gloves. Thought better go now and rather in a months time when so many more infections.

As we arrived at the supermarket car park the Civil Guardia where checking people. Was told that only 1 person can travel in a car and go to the supermarket which was news to me. He said that if caught tomorrow out with 2 people in car then 600 euros fine.

Only the wife was allowed in the store. She managed to stock up good getting somethings we did not already have and extra. There was no rice or pasta and many other things were low. We stocked up on cereals like weatabix.

Spain numbers rising here now like Italy. 13910+ infected and 623 dead. Could be 30000 here in the next week or two.

Hopefully not be out again now for a long while.

Be safe.

Where are you located? Curious where the rule is about one person in the car or you get a fine.

link   

originally posted by: slapjacks
Annnnd now the banks start...

PNC Springfield

Any chance of a quick overview SJ? It won't let me view it in this country.

link   
I had a text from my daughters school in Warwickshire yesterday that due to staff shortages then the whole of year 9 is to not go in, it's only a matter of time until the schools are closed in England, Wales have closed theirs I've read today. Hope your self isolation goes quick 👍🏻

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Furryhobnob

Thank you. Too be honest I call BS on this occasion. Since she has come home, she has a normal temp, and I am testing her every hour. No other symptoms whatsoever. But.....must follow the rules.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Ow, i must have missed the news then..

People post like crazy here
difficult to keep up with all

It`s all good , all info and wiews ...

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   
To be honest you're safer locked up in self isolation, no contact from anyone so less chance of getting it. Boris has to follow suit and close schools today when he does his daily conference, I've been testing both my boys temperature first thing in the morning and just before bed. All normal here so far 🤞🏻

a reply to: Furryhobnob

Thank you. Too be honest I call BS on this occasion. Since she has come home, she has a normal temp, and I am testing her every hour. No other symptoms whatsoever. But.....must follow the rules.

top topics

<< 119  120  121    123  124  125 >>

join