It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: vampira309

I haven't been able to find anything that specific, unfortunately.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   

(post by Themanxter removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Looks like NY took a jump over the 400 mark:
health.ny.gov...

Data last updated 3:00pm March 13, 2020 Positive Cases Westchester County 158 Nassau County 51 Suffolk County 28 Rockland County 9 Ulster County 5 Dutchess County 3 Orange County 3 Saratoga County 3 Albany County 2 Broome County 1 Delaware County 1 Herkimer County 1 Monroe County 1 Schenectady County 1 New York State (Outside of NYC) 267 New York City 154 Total Positive Cases (Statewide) 421

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Oh F-me.

They say to wash your hands as much as possible.

As someone who has done washing up as a job for quite a few summers (700+ Couverts), my hands bled after a while at ther joints and cracks.
I ended up using thick gloves.

If you use nice soap, you are fine, go ahead.

I was using the soap from a dispenser, and they are anti-bacterial and fungicide, and wreak havoc on the skin, if over-used.
Use normal soap, or nice soap, not the industrial stuff at work.
Don't over abuse.

edit : Just about any liquid soap at work will be anti-bacterial and fungicide so use sparingly and rinse well.
edit on 13-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added stuff

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dumbass
a reply to: MrRCflying

If you only prepared for weeks. You're too late anyway.

Months. At least 6. Could stretch it more.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   

No he has prepped for 6 months! This he highlighted earlier.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Tracele

Disagree. Our (the UK) strategy makes a huge amount of sense, particularly when you consider these facts: We have no immunity, there is no vaccine, we cannot operate indefinitely in such an evironmet and we are all going to get it at some point. So the rational course of action to do (directed by science) is to draw this process out to alleviate pressure on the system which will enable the system to better look after those that will be affected in a life threatening way. It makes perfect sense. Every action, delayed action and non action to date by the government has been explained in depth and detail.

Putting my military head on its simple, think of it like this (I've mentioned this in other threads in a different way). We are operating within a contaminated environment. The measures we put in place to mitigate the risks to ourselves cannot be sustained indefinately and the measures themselves do not ensure a 100% that we will not become a casualty. Even worse, the agent cannot be removed and we have no medical protection from the agent. That scenario, militarily, is not sustainable. At some point something has to give and a different strategy developed. So if the agent will only kill a very low percentage (unlucky for them but # happens) where as the vast majority will be layer out for 2-4 weeks as which life can resume. That new strategy will be adopted with the caveat being that every measure feasible to ensure as few die as possible within the unlucky minority. It makes sense. Risk management. Simply put, casualties will be sustained in order to obtain your objective. Different mind set. This is the scenario the government finds its self in, a #ty choice thrust upon them. Boris, like him or loath him, has been honest, he put it out there. Even the Chief Medical Officer for Public Health England (who I didn't think much of at the beginning) hasn't fanny'ed around in telling us the way it is.

There is no vaccine or cure and won't be for over a year. Be repaired to get it, them it's only a case of your age, health and the genetics Mother Nature gave you. No one can do much more. It's a novel virus, we are all cases waiting to happen.

As a aside, I don't even think my respirator would be any good against the virus, it's not a weaponised bio/chem/blister/blood agent meant for inflicting battlefield casualties. Besides, I don't much like the idea of living most of my day in full cat 4 Romeo until a vaccine is pushed out. Contrary to many of the conspiracy believers out there, the vast majority of CBRN (NBC when they were ALL built) bunkers are all above ground and the vast majority of them are all U/S (no good, disused, #e, pointless and Cold War relics from another era). We are on our own. Good news is we are a 1st world country and have a great medical system when compared the the cast majority of the rest of the world and we are not thin on the ground in science and medicine either.

So over all, the plan makes sense to me.

Edited to add - The greatest things to be concerned about are social disorder/breakdown/disruption and/or the economic fall out. Unless of course you have underlying health concerns or are of a certain age. If you are both, well, as we say in the army, you're proper fooked.

Stay safe and sane out there troops. We can get through this. In the mean time look out for each other and the vulnerable.

edit on 13-3-2020 by Brick17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: slapjacks
Jesus Christ. watch this video....

italy

*graphic*

According to the report the authorities pick her up 36 hours later. That's a day and 1/2; certainly not ideal and I can understand the man's frustration if they couldn't give him good information over the phone. But that's not a "graphic" situation.

In our world of instant access and instant gratification; this might seem like a grafic situation. Role time back 50 years and I'm guessing a family's dead relative was kept in the house for a day or so regularly.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Cyprus has also closed borders, with only residents able to travel back.

20h38 local time :

www.20minutes.fr...

The Trump White House announcement is over.

(post by Surveyor7 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrRCflying

Months. At least 6. Could stretch it more.
We are already locked down here. Local Mayor ordered everybody to stay home. Schools closed. Got more prep items this am. Was 20m queues to check out at 9am this morning. We got the last rice and potatoes. We are good for 3 months.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyBalls2
Oh F-me.

They say to wash your hands as much as possible.

As someone who has done washing up as a job for quite a few summers (700+ Couverts), my hands bled after a while at ther joints and cracks.
I ended up using thick gloves.

If you use nice soap, you are fine, go ahead.

I was using the soap from a dispenser, and they are anti-bacterial and fungicide, and wreak havoc on the skin, if over-used.
Use normal soap, or nice soap, not the industrial stuff at work.
Don't over abuse.

edit : Just about any liquid soap at work will be anti-bacterial and fungicide so use sparingly and rinse well.

My hands are getting chapped from the sanitizer.

The whole point of washing and rinsing well is to actually remove the dirt and germs from your hands, and down the drain. Soap will not kill most bugs I guess. But getting them off is just as good.

Also some of the antibacterial stuff does not kill 100%, and what lives becomes immune and gets stronger. Not sure if that is true for virus as well or not.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   
The don’t panic message is being pushed hard in the USA now, and with good reasons. Saw a brawl video from a Walmart near me and two women were beating up one woman over hand sanitizer.

America was a little crazy before this so things could get hairy .

Oh yeah we also have hundreds of millions of guns in America.
What is going to happen when grandma or someone is turned away from a hospital because they are over capacity.

Some people in America will get really crazy I’m afraid .

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: elitegamer23
The don’t panic message is being pushed hard in the USA now, and with good reasons. Saw a brawl video from a Walmart near me and two women were beating up one woman over hand sanitizer.

America was a little crazy before this so things could get hairy .

Oh yeah we also have hundreds of millions of guns in America.
What is going to happen when grandma or someone is turned away from a hospital because they are over capacity.

Some people in America will get really crazy I’m afraid .

I seriously hope not. I have seen videos of people fighting over a chicken sandwich from Popeye's though. So you are probably right.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: vampira309

www.google.co.uk...

Shows how many have died in age groups and with underlying medical conditions vs how many contracted the virus in those groups.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join