It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
a reply to: ShortBus

Me, too. I live a mile from the KY/IN border. We travel to IN several times a day and my husband works in IN.

Does he work in mv? pm me if so

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: FermiFlux
news.sky.com...

I don't know if anyone has already posted this info from the UK, but the insane decision not to lock down and let everything remain open is now starting to make sense.

The Chief Science Advisor to the government has basically just said on live TV that they are intentionally delaying the closure of schools, public gatherings and non-essential work to delay the peak of the virus, and ensure the majority of healthy individuals contract the virus so ordinary life may continue and less stress is put on the health service. He's talking about herd immunity, with no vaccine, so in order to achieve that 60% of the population would need to contract and recover from the virus.

60% of UK population is 40 million people. Italy has a current death rate of between 5.5 and 6%. Even if the UK had a death rate of JUST 2.5% we will be damning over a MILLION PEOPLE do their deaths. The gov are now seriously under fire on the news for their approach and all over twitter.

Absolutely bonkers! The Football bodies here have gone against government advice and suspended the leagues, after players and mangers contract the virus.

It’s crazy and making people panic even more, people taking their children out of schools and being threatened with fines. We seem to be the only country not doing anything.

link   

originally posted by: MonkeyBalls2

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves
News conference started with self lauding.

National Emergency declared.

Looks like a massive Ad campaign ?

That's exactly how it struck me, with all the company lauding from those folks. I get there's pride in the jobs, but they could have stuffed it and just explained what their aims were for mitigation and assistance, not who's the biggest provider of what & where. That's just plugging yourselves.

link   
a reply to: MonkeyBalls2

Agreed.

The Texas border is navigable and under Maritime.
All 1200 plus miles plus.

Game Wardens, State Guard and Rangers can step back 10ft and arrest all.

Not exorcised yet, a big conversation here...we are worried covid19 and tired of the non stop flow of illegals no one recognized.

mg

edit on 03541414America/Chicago13_2America/Chicagopm by missed_gear because: at docs

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthJava

No, we are about 2 hours west from there.

link   

originally posted by: Tracele

news.sky.com...

I don't know if anyone has already posted this info from the UK, but the insane decision not to lock down and let everything remain open is now starting to make sense.

The Chief Science Advisor to the government has basically just said on live TV that they are intentionally delaying the closure of schools, public gatherings and non-essential work to delay the peak of the virus, and ensure the majority of healthy individuals contract the virus so ordinary life may continue and less stress is put on the health service. He's talking about herd immunity, with no vaccine, so in order to achieve that 60% of the population would need to contract and recover from the virus.

60% of UK population is 40 million people. Italy has a current death rate of between 5.5 and 6%. Even if the UK had a death rate of JUST 2.5% we will be damning over a MILLION PEOPLE do their deaths. The gov are now seriously under fire on the news for their approach and all over twitter.

Absolutely bonkers! The Football bodies here have gone against government advice and suspended the leagues, after players and mangers contract the virus.

It’s crazy and making people panic even more, people taking their children out of schools and being threatened with fines. We seem to be the only country not doing anything.

I asked this question on the last thread.

Is closing down everything TOO early, going to hinder the spread of the virus to the point, that nothing is accomplished. Meaning, in areas hospitals are not being blasted with patients, is closing things down helping anything? Or does it just mean that when people are like... WOW, this was NOTHING, then they start opening up everything again and going on with life, that the crap hits the fan and then, lock down again.

I can see the point of what they are saying. I don't have enough knowledge in that area to know if its good, bad or indifferent.

link   

originally posted by: deltaalphanovember
Sorry, I realised after I posted that it was not what exactly you asked for.

No worries...

We might start seeing those kind of stats from China now, assuming they are transparent and willing to share 100% - which is somewhat doubtful.

Change 'somewhat' to 'highly' and I agree...

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   
OK, so I get that they are going to set up loads of Drive-Thru testing facilities in the US in Wallgreens, CVS, Target, etc parking lots.

If you have a doubt that you have the virus, you go to the website, and enter your symptoms.
If declared viable, you are directed to your nearest Drive-Thru testing facility.
edit on 13-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added stuff

link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

On a more somber note, Dennis Prager made a point I never considered how many kids amongst all these school shutdowns rely on the school for a healthy meal or two a day cause they dont get it at home, whats going to happen to them if the school shuts down for 4-6 weeks.

I read similar to what you are thinking in this article about food bank shortages due to people hoarding and not donating. The poor families who's kids rely on free school meals will suffer.

Coronavirus: Food bank shortage blamed on panic buying

link   

originally posted by: solarone
UK Health minister Nadine Dorries who tested positive for coronavirus earlier this week says her 84-year-old mother now also has the virus....

Wonder how many MP's she's also infected??

Sky news

This will explode, we’ve seen them all sat in parliament knowing they’d been exposed... it’s like they want everyone to get this.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I went to Kroger today, in a GA suburb.

Zero: bread, milk, seafood, canned tuna.

Very little paper towels and tissue, very little meat. Very little juice.

Line at every single checkout.

Went to my local, small grocer in a small town. Parking lot almost full. They were not out of anything except water, BUT the lines were insane. I have never seen it like that.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyBalls2
OK, so I get that they are going to set up loads of Drive-Thru testing facilities in the US in Wallgreens, CVS, Target, etc parking lots.

If you have a doubt that you have the virus, you go to the website, and enter your symptoms.
If declared viable, you are directed to your nearest Drive-Thru testing facility.

They are getting ready to test a lot of people.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShortBus

originally posted by: Tracele

news.sky.com...

I asked this question on the last thread.

Is closing down everything TOO early, going to hinder the spread of the virus to the point, that nothing is accomplished. Meaning, in areas hospitals are not being blasted with patients, is closing things down helping anything? Or does it just mean that when people are like... WOW, this was NOTHING, then they start opening up everything again and going on with life, that the crap hits the fan and then, lock down again.

I can see the point of what they are saying. I don't have enough knowledge in that area to know if its good, bad or indifferent.

I think it’s mostly the people that are panicking from what I’ve read on social media... I think we’d feel better if they hadn’t said they want to get herd immunity, which for me having asthma is worrying to say the least. Time will tell I suppose but people will do what they feel they need to, which is fair enough.

link   
a reply to: MissBeck

As of right now our School district is doing meals by bus. Anyone that received free or reduced lunch/breakfast can still get their meals. They will be delivered by school bus. All you have to do is let the school know.

Residents are setting up sign ups where people can volunteer to give someone a free meal or other services. You just call the volunteer and tell them what you need.
edit on 13-3-2020 by misfit312 because: (no reason given)

link   
I keep seeing news report after news report about how all these people who have been around Trump, have been infected with the virus. Maybe Trump is immune to it and is a super spreader? Or maybe he was given a special super vaccine?

Well, only time will tell.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I like the idea of drive thru testing.
I think setting them up at Walmart and Target stores is smart, they have large parking lots that are only full around Christmas.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I like the idea of drive thru testing.
I think setting them up at Walmart and Target stores is smart, they have large parking lots that are only full around Christmas.

OR Corona Time. lol.

Looked like day before thanksgiving at the grocery store yesterday and today.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777
CHINA need bombing!

Only joking but they need something

Not funny at all. Disgusting. What if this is an attack on China? What if it's just another virus randomly appearing? Bomb them??

You need to take a long hard look at yourself my friend, and ask yourself, what is humanity? You ain't it right now. Sort yourself out.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join