It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShortBus

originally posted by: butcherguy
I like the idea of drive thru testing.
I think setting them up at Walmart and Target stores is smart, they have large parking lots that are only full around Christmas.

OR Corona Time. lol.

Looked like day before thanksgiving at the grocery store yesterday and today.

Well, stadiums have large parking lots (and they are empty right now).... but there aren't a lot of them located near most people.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   
UK may be put on list of banned flights (to US).

edit : Lots of background nodding also.
edit on 13-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added stuff

edit on 13-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: Got that backwards

(post by MrRCflying removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Look at the DJIA after Trump's declaration and parade of retailers.

This was planned. They are trying to keep the stock market viable, having a dozen corporations come out and say all the wonderful things they're doing to keep people feed and give out tests. The stock market is rallying right now.

It's a delay of the inevitable.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: misfit312
a reply to: MissBeck

As of right now our School district is doing meals by bus. Anyone that received free or reduced lunch/breakfast can still get their meals. They will be delivered by school bus. All you have to do is let the school know.

Residents are setting up sign ups where people can volunteer to give someone a free meal or other services. You just call the volunteer and tell them what you need.

Now that is a brilliant idea. Communities pulling together is what is needed in uncertain situations like this.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   

A woman from Galveston County has a presumptive positive case of coronavirus, the Galveston County Health District announced Friday morning.
The woman is between the age of 30 and 35 years old. She was linked directly to a presumptive positive case in Montgomery County involving a man in his 40s, according to the health district.

The woman is currently self-quarantined in Austin, and was tested by the Austin Public Health district. She is a resident of northwestern Galveston County, Keiser said.

During a press conference at the Galveston County Office of Emergency Management, Keiser said the woman lived in northwest Galveston County. She came into contact with the Montgomery County man sometime in early March and began showing symptoms — a cough and a fever — on March 5.

She left Galveston County for Austin on March 6, Keiser said.

After several days, she sought medical care. On March 11, she was tested by the Travis County Health Department, local officials said.

Galveston County was informed about the presumptive diagnosis about 11:30 p.m. Thursday, officials said.
emphasis mine

Galveston County announces first presumptive case of coronavirus

This is in my neck of the woods.

mg, check your PMs

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Sounds like the US Hospitals are going to be able to defer usually programmed or planned stuff to free up space.
Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.

HEPP

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Jesus Christ. watch this video....

italy

*graphic*
edit on 13-3-2020 by slapjacks because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: slapjacks
Jesus Christ. watch this video....

italy

I saw that earlier. Extremely sad. I hope the rest of us are not in for something like that.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: MrRCflying

Aw, come on. Not all parents that qualify for free school meals are bad. I once had to claim them due to being a single parent on a low income. My little one's Dad had died, and I really was broke, even though I was working. I don't drink, or have ever taken drugs.

And I was really grateful I had that help.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissBeck

Aw, come on. Not all parents that qualify for free school meals are bad. I once had to claim them due to being a single parent on a low income. My little one's Dad had died, and I really was broke, even though I was working. I don't drink, or have ever taken drugs.

And I was really grateful I had that help.

I never said they were all bad. I have been there myself. There are a whole lot that are riding the system though, and yes a lot of them just care about the next fix, not the kids.

The problem is there are some of us who have been beating the warning drum for weeks to get prepared. It is too late now. I am taking care of my family in isolation. Others should be doing the same.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I'm still not seeing numbers on the age, gender, ethnicity of those with the virus, those recovered, and those that have died.

Does anyone have an update on this data? A link? Pretty important information, but nowhere to be found!

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Prior testing was taking several days.
Maybe next week, it will be transferred to site, and then done in 24h.

These are not Point of Sale tests (rapid response), these are Nucleic acid tests.
rapid tests take 6 months to develop.
edit on 13-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: spelling

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   

If you only prepared for weeks. You're too late anyway.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join