It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyBalls2
Prior testing was taking several days.
Maybe next week, it will be transferred to site, and then done in 24h.
These are not Point of Sale tests (rapid response), these are Nucleic acid tests.
rapid tests take 6 months to develop.

they have in fact come up with a test that not only takes just two hours for results, but is about 6 times cheaper than the foreign ones. but don't expect it to be used in most nations like the US, since it does not come from the profiteering pharmaceutical industry, which controls the US FDA, and like organisations.

The FDA said on Tuesday, March 10, it issued a Certificate of Exemption for the SARS CoV-2 PCR Detection Kit of the UP National Institute of Health.

Priced at P1,320, the kit is said to be 6 times cheaper than its foreign counterpart, which costs around P8,500. The kit provides results in two hours.

The kit, funded by the Department of Science and Technology, will be used for field testing coupled with gene sequencing at the Philippine Genome Center, the FDA said in a statement.
www.rappler.com...
edit on 13-3-2020 by generik because: forgot linky

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Oppenheimer67

No offence. I'm no fanboy of anyone in politics and I'm no Tory and I abandoned the now far left, posh kids, offended minority groups Labour Party the day the the career contrarian JC took over. My view point isn't from a political or indoctrinated view point. It's just as I said, from a military mindset point of view. This is a #ty deal for the government, they are in a difficult situation with few choices, they could do better but to me their current strategy makes sense for the reasons I gave earlier. Scary thought, just think of those less off countries with poorer infrastructure and health systems, proper #e situation for them.

The 2% thing, I was swearing, it just typed out that way, no figures intended lol. As for my grammar, I'm not as thick as mince all the time. I've been serving a long time and don't have long left to serve.

We fear the unknown, mostly. It's natural to be worried. Boris did the right thing, he was telling the truth, he told everyone that people will die. Implying that even as well prepared as we can be for a 1st world country, we are going to hurt. But we will survive. Take care out there.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: generik

These are not Point of Sale tests (rapid response), these are Nucleic acid tests.

they have in fact come up with a test that not only takes just two hours for results, but is about 6 times cheaper than the foreign ones. but don't expect it to be used in most nations like the US, since it does not come from the profiteering pharmaceutical industry, which controls the US FDA, and like organisations.

The FDA said on Tuesday, March 10, it issued a Certificate of Exemption for the SARS CoV-2 PCR Detection Kit of the UP National Institute of Health.

Priced at P1,320, the kit is said to be 6 times cheaper than its foreign counterpart, which costs around P8,500. The kit provides results in two hours.

The kit, funded by the Department of Science and Technology, will be used for field testing coupled with gene sequencing at the Philippine Genome Center, the FDA said in a statement.
www.rappler.com...

I was litterally just posting what was being said on the livestream.
I thought the bit about the "Nucleic acid tests only at the moment", was a big thing, but I'm not medically inclined, maybe someone can enlighten us ?

edit : OK, 2s Google search (Google is good for something) :

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 13-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added link

edit2 : After looking at that link for a couple of minutes, I can also say Beer is a bad thing. Bookmarked, will read sober.
edit on 13-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added stuff again

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Illinois has shut down schools until the end of the month.

I'm all good with that. The schools around here needed shut down weeks ago. These kids are just passing around all kinds of sicknesses.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Guatemala and Surinam Join the Ever Growing Club that No-One-wants-to-Be-In :

22h25 local time :

www.20minutes.fr...
edit on 13-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: spelling and stuff

I'm just waitin for the pop-up that says "Every Country in the World is Now Infected". (Copyright, Plague, Inc)

edit on 13-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Non-Mission essential people will not report to Moody AFB till March 30th, everything will be closed till then.

1 confirmed case, multiple quarantined awaiting test results.

Considering the 1 confirmed was a cashier at the chow hall I expect the numbers to go way up.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whenever82828
a reply to: vampira309

www.google.co.uk...

Shows how many have died in age groups and with underlying medical conditions vs how many contracted the virus in those groups.

From the source...

While such figures may seem alarming, particularly for the elderly, it means that if the spread of Covid-19 to the most vulnerable populations can be prevented, or at least limited, there will be far fewer deaths than may otherwise be expected. In other words, protecting the vulnerable, including those with underlying health conditions, is crucial.

But the UK government still wants the population to get infected. How can we be expected to protect the vulnerable when we're all walking around like human petri dishes spreading an unknown deadly virus.

This is a seriously f'd up situation

link   
Multiple reports that Catalonia is requesting to be closed down.
Spain is due to Announce a National State of Emergency on Saturday.

Guardian Livefeed 9.45pm :

Link
edit on 13-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: spelling

link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01
Illinois has shut down schools until the end of the month.

I'm all good with that. The schools around here needed shut down weeks ago. These kids are just passing around all kinds of sicknesses.

Cuomo here in NY is refusing to. He did however roll back the 180 day rule and said it is up to the school districts. He said it is too hard to implement state wide.

Other states are doing it, how hard is it to say "close them"?

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   

REMINDER.....
This thread is for Corona Virus UPDATES!!!
...not chit chat, political trolling, bigoted comments, medical advice,
ill-mannered remarks toward members or arguing....

Some NON-UPDATE threads here, feel free to join in:
Events and services impacted by Coronavirus

COVID-19 Coronavirus home prevention tips

Cures DB2]: Flu Immunity and Cytokine Prevention

Are you doing anything differently because of Coronavirus?

Diseases and Pandemics:: Medical Disclaimer
This thread is NOT for discussion of alternative medical treatment of illnesses!!!

Members who continue to disrupt will face temporary posting bans. ATS will not allow the few to ruin it for everyone.

Go after the ball not the player.

Community Announcement re: Decorum

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility WILL face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: YarlanZey

What do you think he is going to do? Put his dad in a bag to keep safe. If he gets it he gets it. He is then in the hands of the virus.....Sure he may be able to pay for better care, but that is no promise of survival.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   
All Wisconsin schools are going to be closed from March 18th to at least April 6th per governor Evers.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: MrRCflying
My chemist friend told me this. Re: hand sanitizer. It does dry out the skin very rapidly when used a lot. It's the alcohol in it. If you're using it a lot be sure to moisturize with lotion ( i prefer oil ) on your hands. The more your skin gets dry, it's allowing cracks that germs can get in as well. Just because you do not see big cracks does not mean at the surface it's not getting dry enough to crack. It's a rock and a hard place but do not let the hands get so dry that they crack.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I shat you not, someone is selling toilet paper out of there trunk.

edit on 13-3-2020 by slapjacks because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

Why don't they have any PPE??

How long will they last handing out food to likely infected people?

link   
a reply to: Brick17

The whole Boris being so honest thing just makes me laugh! Telling people they shouldn't compare it to the flu and that people will die... It was them that started that fiction!!

The drip drip drip of information, half truths being released. They are releasing information I knew and shared here 2 months ago, and this isn't even my field. They certainly knew it back then with rooms full of scientists who are in the field.

By the end of this, they will be coming out with stuff that is so close to the truth, people will be singing his name in the streets for being so damn honest and heart felt.

Whatever you are, if you are a squaddie, keep your head, and I mean your head, not theirs. You may just be protecting radar, but when too many people come to your fences wondering if there is food in there or help, be ready to disobey criminal orders. The guy standing next to you is depending on your good head, as much as you on his, but it only takes one of you to lead, and that leadership can go either way.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: generik

www.rappler.com...

i guess since it mentioned price, i should put in the price conversion . P1320 is $25.88US. P8,500 is $166.62US. which you must admit is a rather large price difference. and i just bet that same test that costs $166.62 here, is worth over $500 in the US. just like with the huge price difference in the same name brand medications that are so much cheaper here than in countries like the US and Canada where in Canada a medication costs over $100, you can but the same medication her for under $20.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: slapjacks
I shat you not, someone is selling toilet paper out of there trunk.

Bidet - Toilet paper for as long as you have water.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   
My kids school in Southern California just closed until April 6th as the anticipated return date but subject to review and change. Picking up my daughter just now was insane. I've never seen so many cars at the school. I saw a woman drive past me with a paper plate strapped to her face as a facemask; we made eye contact and it was awkward when she saw my expression.

So now Dr Fauci is saying 8 weeks or more of shutdowns: www.independent.co.uk... m=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR17e7IZOt6G85RLMDnrRAkuMKLZ3KYYR1Fl70aPeRHlsMKcm0tbkua37A4#Echobox=1584106765

I drove past my local grocery store, that has remained relatively quiet during all of this, and it is now chaotic.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oppenheimer67
a reply to: Brick17

The whole Boris being so honest thing just makes me laugh! Telling people they shouldn't compare it to the flu and that people will die... It was them that started that fiction!!

The drip drip drip of information, half truths being released. They are releasing information I knew and shared here 2 months ago, and this isn't even my field. They certainly knew it back then with rooms full of scientists who are in the field.

By the end of this, they will be coming out with stuff that is so close to the truth, people will be singing his name in the streets for being so damn honest and heart felt.

Whatever you are, if you are a squaddie, keep your head, and I mean your head, not theirs. You may just be protecting radar, but when too many people come to your fences wondering if there is food in there or help, be ready to disobey criminal orders. The guy standing next to you is depending on your good head, as much as you on his, but it only takes one of you to lead, and that leadership can go either way.

Contrast that with a video of Macron talking to a Doctor a couple of weeks ago, and the Doctor said "Its been here for weeks already, look at Italy. We are only a few weeks behind."

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join