It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oppenheimer67
a reply to: Brick17

Brick! I forgive you for sounding like Boris' fanboy. If you are a squaddie then it is not surprising (I say "if", because suddenly your grammar is a lot better and you are towing the party line to a T, and lately I am paranoid). You're basically brainwashed to lap it all up. I don't mean to be offensive, it's just the truth as far as I'm concerned. It used to be Queen and country, now it's the Tory party.

Come on though...

Yes there is logic in herd immunity, but clearly not by infecting the whole 60% at once!! You get there gradually! By ACTUALLY slowing it down, not by doing naff all!

For this strategy, you have to let some get infected, then shut down completely. Let it die back, then open up again. Spread will be slower this time due to partial herd immunity. Full herd immunity may be achievable without having to shut down again. That is slowing it down. Not letting it run rampant all the way to 60%!

I highly doubt Italy is anywhere near 60% infected and they are properly messed up. That is not the way to do it, it is as clear as day.

You did say for a small % well sh# happens. Well as cold as that is, you've got no chance of achieving even as little as 2% with that kind of rush on the system. You'll have millions dying in the streets and at home and all the chaos that comes with it.

What are you talking about, Gov has already said the plan is to hold off on the more extreme measures until they will be most useful, basically saying we will probably have towns on lockdown for the peak of it, rather than straight away.

The main goal is to not get the second wave or peak, in the middle of winter when everything will be twice as hard anyway.

If we go on lockdown right now, it really won't stop or slow the spread as much as common sense might dictate it would. We are far too early to be singing S. Korea's, Singapore's or even China's successes, this is a marathon and we are all in it for the long haul. Let's see how those countries look in 6 months before we start saying their tactics are the best.

As far as I can see, UK has had the best leadership so far globally. We are being trusted with the truth which is refreshing. We all know how bad this could be, it's nice to know our gov is not telling us to stick our heads in the sand. We appear to have a strategy which accepts the magnitude of the problem and isn't stuck believing that the virus can be beaten, it can't be. It can be overcome but not extinguished.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheGoondockSaint
All Wisconsin schools are going to be closed from March 18th to at least April 6th per governor Evers.

All Illinois schools too, starting on Tuesday March 17th. But only until March 30th.

www.chicagotribune.com...

One of those weeks is Spring Break anyway.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777
Total deaths percentage of the virus is on its way back up again, now at 8%. It did go all the way down to 1% on Feb 26th from a high of 64% on Jan 24th.

www.worldometers.info...

Lots of graphs on this page!

Don't forget that will overestimate as people who die will die quicker than those that recover are classed as recovered! So that percentage will rise when new outbreaks in the early stages start happening, like in Italy and Iran right now.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dem0nc1eaner

Brick! I forgive you for sounding like Boris' fanboy. If you are a squaddie then it is not surprising (I say "if", because suddenly your grammar is a lot better and you are towing the party line to a T, and lately I am paranoid). You're basically brainwashed to lap it all up. I don't mean to be offensive, it's just the truth as far as I'm concerned. It used to be Queen and country, now it's the Tory party.

Come on though...

Yes there is logic in herd immunity, but clearly not by infecting the whole 60% at once!! You get there gradually! By ACTUALLY slowing it down, not by doing naff all!

For this strategy, you have to let some get infected, then shut down completely. Let it die back, then open up again. Spread will be slower this time due to partial herd immunity. Full herd immunity may be achievable without having to shut down again. That is slowing it down. Not letting it run rampant all the way to 60%!

I highly doubt Italy is anywhere near 60% infected and they are properly messed up. That is not the way to do it, it is as clear as day.

You did say for a small % well sh# happens. Well as cold as that is, you've got no chance of achieving even as little as 2% with that kind of rush on the system. You'll have millions dying in the streets and at home and all the chaos that comes with it.

What are you talking about, Gov has already said the plan is to hold off on the more extreme measures until they will be most useful, basically saying we will probably have towns on lockdown for the peak of it, rather than straight away.

The main goal is to not get the second wave or peak, in the middle of winter when everything will be twice as hard anyway.

If we go on lockdown right now, it really won't stop or slow the spread as much as common sense might dictate it would. We are far too early to be singing S. Korea's, Singapore's or even China's successes, this is a marathon and we are all in it for the long haul. Let's see how those countries look in 6 months before we start saying their tactics are the best.

As far as I can see, UK has had the best leadership so far globally. We are being trusted with the truth which is refreshing. We all know how bad this could be, it's nice to know our gov is not telling us to stick our heads in the sand. We appear to have a strategy which accepts the magnitude of the problem and isn't stuck believing that the virus can be beaten, it can't be. It can be overcome but not extinguished.

There are too many unknowns about this virus right now to be taking this kind of risk.
What if this is like Malaria, and stays in the host body ? ( a stretch, but an example)

link   

originally posted by: MrRCflying

originally posted by: liejunkie01
Illinois has shut down schools until the end of the month.

I'm all good with that. The schools around here needed shut down weeks ago. These kids are just passing around all kinds of sicknesses.

Cuomo here in NY is refusing to. He did however roll back the 180 day rule and said it is up to the school districts. He said it is too hard to implement state wide.

Other states are doing it, how hard is it to say "close them"?

I believe he will.

I could be political suicide if it backfires.

link   

Come on though...

As far as I can see, UK has had the best leadership so far globally. We are being trusted with the truth which is refreshing.

And what planet are you on exactly?

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Oppenheimer67

I am afraid that you are right, not closing schools is like the best way to hammer everybody all at once at the same time, it will overload everything. The kids will just bring it home, and in a few days the whole community will be in a bad state. Then the Hospitals will be at breaking point, with the usual death rate of this getting multiplied, Because all the heart attack and emergency victims will just be left to die, the staff will go down and increase the problem. Everyone should go home now , lockdown and stop the spread. The longer this is delayed the worse it will be. Eventually they will have to do this anyway, either now or in a few weeks. Hazmat suited government officials going door to door with supplies if needed, and picking up the deceased. At this rate in fifteen days Britain could be a different country.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   
The time for bickering and arguing are coming to an end. It is what it is. Look at what they do...not what they say.  It is time to let bygones be bygones and come together to help each other in a time of crisis. People are scared...they are buying toilet paper for God's sake....they don't know, or haven't been taught how to handle this....so sad...on society's part. Each one of us is responsible for our own part. Stock up and prepare...Yes.  Help others if you can...Yes. Does it matter where the needy came from or what they have done...No.  Everyone is going to need help and everyone is going to need some type of assistance at some point in this crisis. I will do what I can...even if it means driving an hour and a half to deliver my daughter a package of toilet paper because the stores are out and she is panicking. Quell the panic in your world. Help others who suffer. It's just good karma.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyBalls2

Come on though...

There are too many unknowns about this virus right now to be taking this kind of risk.
What if this is like Malaria, and stays in the host body ? ( a stretch, but an example)

Mate if that's the case what can anyone do realistically? Just find a bunker and live in a hazmat suit?

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Come on though...

As far as I can see, UK has had the best leadership so far globally. We are being trusted with the truth which is refreshing.

Do you have an opinion or just being an arse?

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   
This is a time when people need to come together and find the best way through it, however imperfect. Im sure there will be plenty of time for pointing fingers and apportioning blame later.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I've been trying to get my head around this all day.
Some scientists disagree with the idea of herd immunity in this instance as it could be like the normal flu which requires a new vaccine each year due to new strains and therefore no herd immunity. It seems we don't really know yet and is a bit of a gamble..?
And either way, 1 million people dying just to give us herd immunity is horrendous! And could be more like 8 million need hospitalisation based on their figures
a reply to: FermiFlux

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   
My state is keeping schools open even though we have active cases here... and also my own company (200 employees) and many, many others have all asked employees to work remotely (if at all)

so schools = open, many businesses = closed for 2 weeks

Then schools will want to close for multiple weeks once businesses want to re-open.

This is so stupid of our local government.

All day I was in unannounced spontaneous CV meetings for business continuity and contingency plans. Talking about how many employees who don't perform when remote will result in termination once the data comes in. Crazy frickin day to say the least... pissed my local government appears to be dropping the ball also

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrRCflying

Illinois has shut down schools until the end of the month.

I'm all good with that. The schools around here needed shut down weeks ago. These kids are just passing around all kinds of sicknesses.

Cuomo here in NY is refusing to. He did however roll back the 180 day rule and said it is up to the school districts. He said it is too hard to implement state wide.

Other states are doing it, how hard is it to say "close them"?

I believe he will.

I could be political suicide if it backfires.

My kids are done for at least 2 weeks anyway. We had the full support of the district supervisor, all principals and teachers. It was quite surprising really.

I just hate to see the schools act as little incubators, and the kids take it home to elderly relatives. I say the sooner it is done, the better, and hopefully Cuomo realizes that.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
My state is keeping schools open even though we have active cases here... and also my own company (200 employees) and many, many others have all asked employees to work remotely (if at all)

so schools = open, many businesses = closed for 2 weeks

Then schools will want to close for multiple weeks once businesses want to re-open.

This is so stupid of our local government.

All day I was in unannounced spontaneous CV meetings for business continuity and contingency plans. Talking about how many employees who don't perform when remote will result in termination once the data comes in. Crazy frickin day to say the least... pissed my local government appears to be dropping the ball also

Terminated? Nice... What if they have sick family they have to tend to?

The world revolves around money I guess.

link   

I can completely understand that, I can only comment on my own fears having an underlying illness personally and my own fears that I won’t fare well catching this virus. I can understand people’s panic but most is for their children who are noted to have a mild illness but the spreading to other older family members is the bigger fear. Grandparents are the ones who do a lot of the childcare. I also completely understand that there’s a lot of parents who work within the healthcare sectors who wouldn’t be able to if closures took place, it’s a very difficult situation and not an easy one to navigate at all... I see both sides but I am concerned.

link   

Come on though...

Mate if that's the case what can anyone do realistically? Just find a bunker and live in a hazmat suit?

Malaria was a worst case choice, but we just don't know fully yet what this bugger will do.
Schoolkids won't know they're infected until its too late.

Keeping the Creches and Playschools open for the smaller kids and the others that can't be kept by their parents, why not.
But Most places should be closed, and this should be cut off buy cutting the spread.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Come on though...

Do you have an opinion or just being an arse?

Well I could tear your post to shreds piece by piece, but what's the point? You are clearly deluded and it is not my place to shatter your reality. Besides, I am more concerned with modelling this outbreak (occupying most of my time), sharing information and learning new information. Not tonight I grant you, but there suddenly appears to be a lot of disinformation in this forum (pro West agenda) on the same night as we are told how China is spreading disinformation!

Anyway, the off-topic police are coming, so best get back to updates.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Come on though...

Malaria was a worst case choice, but we just don't know fully yet what this bugger will do.
Schoolkids won't know they're infected until its too late.

Keeping the Creches and Playschools open for the smaller kids and the others that can't be kept by their parents, why not.
But Most places should be closed, and this should be cut off buy cutting the spread.

Everyone knows to be careful around the elderly at the mo but there's a difference between taking precautions and putting them all in quarantine from the get go.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Funny you mention Denver airport, I was thinking about that recently especially those dark paintings - the one with the soldier in the gas mask! I remember seeing those paintings years ago and being so freaked.
a reply to: MotherMayEye

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join