It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 112
<< 109  110  111    113  114  115 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

The problem is that there are many coronaviruses, so that terminology is actually very imprecise. As it isn't distinguishing between the different viruses. It is why in the beginning it was mostly being called the Wuhan virus, or Wuhan Coronavirus. But certain entities, that wield a lot of sway and power, obviously didnt like that name *cough* china *cough*

So we now ended up with either an imprecise name, or a name that is not very natural or easily spoken: SARS-COV-2
You should always be vigilant of people/entities that try to artificially control the words people use like this.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAMEDDDoc

We saw the possibility of this coming a while ago and sat down and planned it out and bought sensible amount of supplies. And we took enough time to think it through and make lists to make sure we covered about everything.

I cannot comprehend the 50 case of TP people and their mindset.

edit on 17-3-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin raised the possibility with Republican senators that U.S. unemployment could rise to 20% without government intervention because of the impact of the coronavirus, according to people familiar with the matter. Mnuchin discussed the scenario with the lawmakers on Tuesday as he proposed an economic stimulus of $1 trillion or more.

Mnuchin Warns Virus Could Yield 20% Jobless Rate Without Action

Happy st. Patrick’s day ☘️

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   

edit on 17-3-2020 by Bicent because: DP

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Chinese people who bought into CCP propaganda returning to not so great quarantine conditions in China...

China In Focus Twitter

Airport full of propaganda believers...

Jennifer Zeng Twitter

Police threaten to arrest returned student...

Jennifer Zeng Twitter

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

Only in the West do we cripple ourselves on behalf of others who may be offended, and most of us not even then. It's mainly a political game to try to control thoughts by controlling the words that may be used.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mike Stivic
a reply to: Wizzz0001

My Mother was supposed to get some bridgework done, she was going to use aspen dental in Vermont.

The office called this morning to cancel her appointment because they have put a stop to all nonessential dentistry in the state..

She has one cracked tooth that needed to be pulled as well but they opted to just give her another antibiotic script in case it gets infected..

They didn't even reschedule her for April or May. They told her to call when the quarantine is over...

Crazy times.. If any of you have scheduled work to be done and your dentist is still working I recommend trying to get that appointment moved up and get that work done asap..

Stay safe out there folks.

Respectfully,
~meathead

I had a new crown scheduled to be put in on thursday. I just showed up there this morning, two days early, right when they opened. They were busy calling people, cancelling appointments. But since I was there and my crown had come in... they got me in and out in 30 mins. I wasn't going to wait till they closed for good and be stuck with a temporary for an indefinite timeframe. I was lucky.. my dentist is also a good friend of mine.

Soul

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent

Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin raised the possibility with Republican senators that U.S. unemployment could rise to 20% without government intervention because of the impact of the coronavirus, according to people familiar with the matter. Mnuchin discussed the scenario with the lawmakers on Tuesday as he proposed an economic stimulus of $1 trillion or more.

Mnuchin Warns Virus Could Yield 20% Jobless Rate Without Action

Happy st. Patrick’s day ☘️

Counting 300 million people in the USA, thats 3 Grand+ per head.

www.google.com...

(yes i used google)
edit on 17-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: ahhhh bad paste

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Mamana12

Link to a PDF copy of the full order from Orange County:
Voice-of-OC-Copy-of-PDF

edit on 2020-3-17 by EnhancedInterrogator because: Fixed URL

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   
🧐🧐🧐🧐What?😒😒😒😒

PHILADELPHIA - In response to the COVID-19 outbreak, Philadelphia police officers have been instructed to stop making arrests for certain non-violent crimes. The department said individuals who would normally be arrested and processed at a detective division, will be temporarily detained to confirm identification and complete necessary paperwork. The individual will then be a arrested at a later date on an arrest warrant.

FOX 29's Steve Keeley reports the non-violent crimes include the following: - All narcotics offenses - Theft from persons - Retail theft - Theft from auto - Burglary - Vandalism - All bench warrants - Stolen auto - Economic crimes - Prostitution

Anarchy starting?

Philadelphia police to delay arrests for certain non-violent crimes

Coming to a city near you. Seen it all now, social breakdown beginning..

It’s like everything is breaking down. Freaking GTA in PHILLY 😂

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyBalls2

I’m trying to work out how they will decide to give the 1-$5000 to and how they will determine.

2019 W2
2018 tax return - after standard deduction taxable income

They can’t use 2019 Fed Return because everyone hasn’t filed.

I have a special tax situation last year and no 2018 taxable income, so I either get zero or 5k.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Coronavirus confirmed in all 50 states with first West Virginia diagnosis

Man down.

West Virginia out...

www.nytimes.com...

Coronavirus confirmed in all 50 states with first West Virginia diagnosis

thehill.com...
edit on 17-3-2020 by UFO1414 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
🧐🧐🧐🧐What?😒😒😒😒

PHILADELPHIA - In response to the COVID-19 outbreak, Philadelphia police officers have been instructed to stop making arrests for certain non-violent crimes. The department said individuals who would normally be arrested and processed at a detective division, will be temporarily detained to confirm identification and complete necessary paperwork. The individual will then be a arrested at a later date on an arrest warrant.

FOX 29's Steve Keeley reports the non-violent crimes include the following: - All narcotics offenses - Theft from persons - Retail theft - Theft from auto - Burglary - Vandalism - All bench warrants - Stolen auto - Economic crimes - Prostitution

Anarchy starting?

Philadelphia police to delay arrests for certain non-violent crimes

Coming to a city near you. Seen it all now, social breakdown beginning..

It’s like everything is breaking down. Freaking GTA in PHILLY 😂

This is Literally what they shoudln't be announcing.
Joyrides and theft are now free.
Needs a Infinity-Facepalm for this one.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   

ITS nuts!

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic

I’m trying to work out how they will decide to give the 1-$5000 to and how they will determine.

2019 W2
2018 tax return - after standard deduction taxable income

They can’t use 2019 Fed Return because everyone hasn’t filed.

I have a special tax situation last year and no 2018 taxable income, so I either get zero or 5k.

You'll likely have to apply for it.
I doubt it will be like a Tax Refund.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

Michigan announced this too.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic

My wife, born and raised in China, a real live breathing Chinese person who’s only been living in the US for less than 1 year - will look you in the face and say “Wuhan Virus” or “Chinese Virus” all day long.

In China, real live breathing Chinese people are saying “Wuhan Virus”, in Mandarin and Cantonese. I know because I talk to some every day, in Chinese and English.

It’s not creating any racist issues against China.

The CCP does a great job creating their own problems and then blaming other countries. Nothing we do could outdo them. Ever.

Well, that's funny becsuse not one person I know, Chinese or not, in UK or in China call it by its official name. And you completly missed my point!

Will you agree that Trump has a cult like following in America? Pretty much everyone knows that right? Trump, you could say is the most powerful person in the world at the moment, yes?

You really think he is calling it the Chinese virus, not to piss off China,? Why does he not call it by its official name?

Do you call HIV the African virus? And if you do not, why not?

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   
We are in bizarro world, and we have this in the news.

As police across the US brace for continued emergency calls in the wake of the coronavirus outbreak, one Oregon police department is dealing with 911 calls for an entirely different type of emergency: Residents are calling because they've run out of toilet paper. The Newport Police Department put out a notice on Facebook urging residents to stop making emergency calls due to a toilet paper shortage.

An Oregon police department is asking residents to stop calling 911 because they've run out of toilet paper

Food shortages, cops not arresting crooks, a pandemic, toilet paper mania.

Strange times

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: TheGoondockSaint
Wisconsin schools are now closed indefinitely according to governor Evers. Originally he had closed them until April 6th but just changed that today.

If this isn't considered a COVID-19 update for the thread I apologize and mods please delete.

We got done talking about how Kansas just did this, so I think you're safe.

Are they closing or are they going to be going to online learning? Kansas is supposed to be heading for online learning.

They are doing online learning which means either my wife or I are going to have to use up our vacation to stay home with the kids and teach them. I'm not opposed to that because one of their daily lessons is going to be hunters safety!

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Good point. Maybe we SHOULD call HIV the 'African Virus', but then it would be confused with that other African virus 'ebola', or maybe that OTHER African virus 'marburg' … etc..

On second thought, maybe that was not such a good point after all?

I suppose that 'Chinese virus' could also mean SARS, or … Influenza of certain types?

Right now the leading 'Chinese virus' causes the disease that is named COVID-19, no matter what you term the actual virus....
edit on 17-3-2020 by Fowlerstoad because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 109  110  111    113  114  115 >>

join