It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 115
<< 112  113  114    116  117  118 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

Husband may be getting a call then. He's a regular donation person with a rarer blood type. They'd have to be able to test him though I would think.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: ShortBus

My college friend's daughter is also a senior in Kansas this year and facing the same thing. My oldest nephew is a sophomore, so at least he has a couple years left.

My sister is a little up in the air though. They don't have much available money, so they don't carry internet. Not sure how she's going to online school her three boys.

It's a little weird where we're at up in the Northland of KC. The county on one side of us has all its bars and restaurants still open. The county on the other side has them closed except for drive-thru, carry-out, and delivery. So we can still go to half our favorite haunts, but we can only order from the other half.

Spectrum is offering free internet for students.

corporate.charter.com... lds-and-more

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent

The Community Blood Center serves nearly 60 hospitals in Missouri and Kansas. Seventy percent of the blood collected comes from blood drives . During this COVID-19 crisis, those have been canceled.

Elective surgeries are being canceled, but that only accounts for 10 percent of the blood supply. Some of the first to be affected by this shortage will be cancer patients, mothers in labor and accident victims.

Coronavirus outbreak affecting blood supply in Kansas City

I can see an uptick of people dying due to stupidity such as this kind of lack of forethought and making the shutdown's "mitigation" moot.

link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
I'm just catching up from the nights movements.

Well done UK. Brilliant, this was a brilliant move. All countries should follow suit:

www.bbc.com...

Coronavirus mortgage relief for homeowners
The government has announced new measures to help those facing financial difficulties during the coronavirus crisis.

Speaking at a news conference, Chancellor Rishi Sunak said mortgage lenders will offer a three month mortgage payment holiday to those struggling to pay.

He also said the government would go further if the financial help wasn't enough.

But what about people who pay rent? People have already started getting letters from landlords telling tenants they still expect the rent to be paid....and in some cases...or else!

Self employed and a tenant myself....flippin marvelous!
Not too happy rainbows
Jane

link   

Husband may be getting a call then. He's a regular donation person with a rarer blood type. They'd have to be able to test him though I would think.

My blood type is the type I can use everyone else’s blood, but only a few people can use my blood type. I forget what it is.

link   
a reply to: ShortBus

I don't know if they get Spectrum where they are at. I don't think they do, but if Spectrum is offering, maybe one of the other providers will too.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Not sure if this info was posted yet; I do seem to recall reading something like this here:

INJECTING BLOOD FROM RECOVERED CORONAVIRUS PATIENTS INTO NEWLY INFECTED COULD SLOW SPREAD OF DISEASE

www.newsweek.com...

The blood of recovered coronavirus patients could be used to slow the spread of the virus, scientists at Johns Hopkins have said. The concept, known as "convalescent plasma," is based on the idea that antibodies in their blood could be used to boost the immunity of people newly infected, or those at higher risk of contracting it.

This technique has been used to stem outbreaks of several diseases in the early 20th century, including measles, mumps and influenza. Retrospective research, they explain, showed people who had been given the serum had a lower mortality than those who did not receive it. A decade ago, it was also used during the H1N1 influenza pandemic, where the serum was used to treat individuals in intensive care. It was also used during the Ebola outbreak in West Africa in 2013, with two patients transferred to the U.S. surviving the disease after treatment.

Casadevall said the treatment could be set up at Baltimore's Johns Hopkins University in just a few weeks. "Deployment of this option requires no research or development," he told Johns Hopkins' news portal The Hub. "It could be deployed within a couple of weeks since it relies on standard blood-banking practices."

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: HallowedEarth
a reply to: TrustNO1evr

Jeez this sounds Horrible.. This coupled with the Chinese propaganda videos I saw on this thread earlier really does begin to paint a bleaker picture than we are led to believe.

Coincidentally, there was a long list of reasons to be positive circulating on LinkedIn today. Things such as Apple reopening 42 of it’s China stores, South Korea numbers declining, various vaccines bring trialled etc. I had a feeling this might be propaganda, as an effort to stabilise and rebuild the tragic direction of the economy. However, as mentioned above, I then saw videos of Chinese citizens returning to China off the back of the propaganda stating they are recovering, only to be put in isolation (looked more like prison, with less human rights). Does anyone know the current situ of China?

In other news, DOW Futures are tanking still.

I have a feeling employment and general work stress may be the least of our worries in a few weeks, we’ll see though.

All pointing to a new economy, digitised currency or the mark of the beast?

Or some conspiracy like this?

-dr-russell-mcgregor-?

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Canada: 597 (including presumptive) and 8 deaths

Huge milestone in that my son, who is military, now understands the gravity of the situation. He was a denier last week. Now I feel like I can relax there as I am not thinking for two families.

Streets were busy today. I didn’t go out. Our bars and restaurants are closed as are gyms and theatres. Many family members already impacted by those closures job wise but government says they will take care of them.

I am now working from home.

We walk every night and lots of others are doing so too.
edit on 17-3-2020 by NxNWest because: Clean up

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

I dunno, I am searching high and low for some good news out there.... I can’t find any. All bars are closed for 30 days where I live after tonight. As in CLOSED.. Economy is gonna really take a hit. Think we took a break from focusing on the economy today and looked at the disease and how it’s effecting society. Tomorrow looks like another blood bath on Wall Street, so I suppose we will focus on the economy again. Allot of members thou are already posting about losing jobs, reminds me of that matalica song no leaf clover.

🍻

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   
got a bit of good news today, got my tax return, should last a few month with some budgeting even if the wife and i are out of work. so yea me.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

originally posted by: texasgirl

originally posted by: Estricky
NC health dept over the weekend strongly suggested that people stay away from crowds at restaurants and bars. Since people didn't listen, the governor ordered them all closed today at 5PM.

This is a problem: people aren't listening. Pretty soon the whole country will be in lockdown because many citizens ignored the pleas to stop congregating and stay away from crowds.

So ... we'll leave them open, but you are not supposed to use them? How many people decided to go out and actually wanted to get into a crowd? I think it's a bit unfair to blame them.

I don't know what the solution is but I'm on Nextdoor app and many people on there are saying "screw the rules" and purposely going out in groups.

There is a 60 something lady on my nextdoor app who posted this morning that she returned from an exotic island Monday morning and is now running a temp and thinks she has covid-19. She has lung issues and other organ problems, can't find her car key, and is asking for a ride to the hospital. Crazy crazy crazy.... I have so much more to say about what I think about that situation but I will just not; but you know....

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Took me all day to catch up. Here in South Carolina our cases are at 47 up from yesterday 14. Hearing rumors of some very close to home but not confirmed. Spent most of the day optimistic but here late in the day I am just feeling down. I do not consider my husbands work to be essential but his company does. He’s not being allowed to use PTO, and cannot work from home. I’m afraid it’s just a matter of time for us. I don’t want to have to throw my elderly family member in complete isolation (they spend a great deal of time with us) but I don’t know what to do.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 10:03 PM
link   

NO KIDDING.
READ THIS!
This thread is for Corona Virus UPDATES!!!
...not chit chat, SOAP BOX speeches, political trolling,class warfare, conspiracy theories, bigoted comments, medical advice, OFF TOPIC banter
ill-mannered remarks toward members or arguing....

Some NON-UPDATE threads here, feel free to join in any of these:
Diseases and Pandemics

Diseases and Pandemics:: Medical Disclaimer
This thread is NOT for discussion of alternative medical treatment of illnesses!!!

Members who continue to disrupt will face temporary posting bans. ATS will not allow the few to ruin it for everyone.

Go after the ball not the player.

Community Announcement re: Decorum

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility WILL face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShortBus

My blood type is the type I can use everyone else’s blood, but only a few people can use my blood type. I forget what it is.

AB+
The fortunate thing though is your plasma is universal for recipients

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

We’ll be ok, one day at a time, this to shall pass. Hopefully in a couple months things will start to get back to some form of normal. Hopefully, the actions being taken now will prevent us from even having to isolate our elderly loved ones. Hang in there 👍

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 10:10 PM
link   
So an update with my trip
I traveled from my home town on the west coast to Vegas for work
Sunday afternoon the departing airport appeared business as usual. I saw roughly a dozen ppl wearing masks and one with gloves. 4 mask wearers only had them around their neck lol
The passenger sitting next to me had a p3 respirator however frequently removed and mishandled to drink his whiskey shots
My flight had roughly 40 passengers and 120-130 empty seats on an a319
In Vegas I saw 2 ppl at the airport in full MOPP gear. The airport was quiet
Vegas was a ghost town. Very surreal
My coworkers hotel had no food or coffee. Restaurants were closed. Stores had no food. we lived off drive thru fast food for 3 days
Positive cases doubled in our time there
Thru communication channels I have there have been dozens of asymptomatic carriers testing positive in the area
Today we were sent home and told to stay home indefinitely
I kept the rental car and drove home

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Some of my Facebook (secret) group friends, whom I trust, are now disclosing they have it. They are from around the world. One is in Washington State,another Italy, The UK etc.

2 have posted they have tested positive. 3 more have family and friends who have it.

Symptoms they mentioned
Extreme! hot and cold flashes. Heavy chest, bad diarrhea, coughing non producing, fever and horrible, horrible, fatigue. Can't walk up the stairs without feeling tired.
Also one lost all sense of taste and smell.

edit on 17-3-2020 by misfit312 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   

GALVESTON, Texas (KTRK) -- Galveston County Judge Mark Henry says the county won't follow in Harris County's footsteps regarding the closure of bars and restaurants. Henry says the order is "illegal," and is not something he is contemplating. "I think this just makes things worse and causes more panic," Henry said. "(COVID 19) is serious but this can lead to more panic and devastating for people."

Rebels?

G alveston County judge calls Harris County restaurant closures illegal

Might be the kinda things that spark the martial law enactment. Stay tuned.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrustNO1evr
Alright I rarely post but i found this little tidbit on Facebook, post is from Desoto county Ms .. Those are some awfully wild symptoms she decribed 🧐👨‍🚀🥽🥼
We need to contain this ASAP .

Now that I have received my coronavirus results (I have tested POSITIVE and for those who aren’t aware I am back in desoto county no longer in Starkville), here’s my experience with the Coronavirus:
Edit- to clear up i graduated in Starkville in May. That’s what i meant. I have not been to Starkville in several weeks. I have lived in desoto county for almost a year now.

8 days ago I went to an urgent care (i won’t say which one because i feel like they failed me). I went in with flu symptoms. I went the day it started. I tested negative flu and strep. I was put on antibiotics for an ear infection. Was told to come back the next day if i still felt bad, so i did. Tested negative again. But I said my chest hurt. My chest was really dense and I had cramp like feelings in my chest. The doctor only walked in to say my flu was negative. Never listened to anything or looked.

m.facebook.com...
edit on Tue Mar 17 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed long quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

I don't normally call BS on things and just let them go; I absolutely do not believe this at all. If you are vomiting blood as she says that is very serious business and most likely would not be in a position to post on Facebook about it- she would have been admitted to the hospital.

top topics

<< 112  113  114    116  117  118 >>

join