It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 110
<< 107  108  109    111  112  113 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: carewemust

It wouldn't take many considering the average recovery time in the hospital runs to 3 weeks.

So we have right now 6200 cases in America and 12 of those require hospitalization.

If I were not driving right now , I would be able to calculate how many people need to contract coronavirus to use up the 200,000 ICU hospital beds currently available.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   
23h40 on French Live Feed :

"Prime Minister Wasson Orders Australians NOT to leave Australia."

www.20minutes.fr...

"If we stop the propagation we save lives. Don't go abroad. I hope this is clear"

This my translation from the French, quickly (30 years over here is enough to catch most of the lingo)

edit : But it will be probably nothing like what he said lol

edit on 17-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added stuff

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: 40CalTone

Trump is not inciting racism and assault by calling this a China Virus, or Wuhan virus or anything like that. 

Of course he is! He has millions of clueless supporters who worship him, so they will listen to what he says. If these followers lose a loved one to this virus , or get family members becoming ill, then some of the will take it out on chinese people, because it's the "chinese virus"

Spain must have been really pissed when people called that the Spanish Flu. Im sure that has never crossed your mind... its false propaganda, open your eyes and ears, stop the ignorance.

Most people knew it as the Spanish flu. That was the name is was given, so there is a huge difference. This virus is not called the Chinese virus, so why say it, call call it that?

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

It wouldn't take many considering the average recovery time in the hospital runs to 3 weeks.

So we have right now 6200 cases in America and 12 of those require hospitalization.

If I were not driving right now , I would be able to calculate how many people need to contract coronavirus to use up the 200,000 ICU hospital beds currently available.

It's a big country with a lot people.

But the fear is that you have an outbreak that swamps the capacity in one area. Maybe San Fran becomes the new Wuhan ... or NYC does.

Do you transport infected people out of those areas to other beds even knowing you could be taking that outbreak into new areas or do you let it run its course, as gruesome as that is in those cities and hope you spare the rest of the country?

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

Most people are going to have Wuhan Virus or WuFlu stick in their minds easier than COVID-19 ("official", WHO approved disease name) or SARS-COV-2 ("official", WHO approved virus name).

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Also in France, from same link as above,

" Sanofi to Offer Millions of Doses of Plaquenil (Chloroquine) to the French Authorities, to treat potentially up to 300K patients. This is following the 'promising' results from COVID-19 patients. They are going to work with the French authorities to ctry to confirm these results."

Plaquenil (Chloroquine) is a Malaria treating Drug.
Malaria is called 'Paludisme' in France.

One of my best friends has it, got it in Africa on a benevolent mission.
He's fine.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

It's a big country with a lot people.

But the fear is that you have an outbreak that swamps the capacity in one area. Maybe San Fran becomes the new Wuhan ... or NYC does.

Do you transport infected people out of those areas to other beds even knowing you could be taking that outbreak into new areas or do you let it run its course, as gruesome as that is in those cities and hope you spare the rest of the country?

Field Hospitals in States that are warm enough to not require heating etc.
You have to take them away from the population, and hopefully not in Tornado country.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   

US President Donald Trump has said the nationwide coronavirus emergency could last until the end of the summer or even longer.
www.bbc.com...

Tough Measures to Stem the Coronavirus Outbreak Could Be in Place for 18 Months, Scientists Say

time.com...

How long will citizens endure lockdowns before civil unrest?

Will the economy go?

How long will supply chains endure under these circumstances before there is no food in the cities.
As I am seeing it, if the economy goes, then food supplies will fail at some point.

A completely different ball game.

That presents the situation of mass exodus from the cities, to be met by military quarantine containment lines. This would slow, but not stop, a flow of people into rural areas, looking for food.

It would not be pretty.

Hoping the world economy to hangs in there, and people work together to get through.
edit on 17-3-2020 by primalfractal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   
so I tried to share this thread for info via FB: LOL, and this is what happened:
The Support Inbox is your place to:
Get updates about things you've reported.
Check and reply to messages from the Help Team.
See important messages about your account.
Remove
HELP CENTER

Safety Center
Policies, tools and resources to help you stay safe.
Bullying Prevention Hub
Tools and tips for teens, parents and educators.
Safety Check
Connect with friends and loved ones during a disaster.
COMMUNITY STANDARDS
See our Community Standards
Learn about what type of sharing is allowed on Facebook, and what type of content may be reported and removed.
English (US) · Español · Português (Brasil) · Français (France) · Deutsch
Privacy · Terms · Advertising · Ad Choices · Cookies ·
More
Facebook © 2020

FROM NOTIFICATION
This post goes against our Community Standards on spam
OPEN
WHAT YOU CAN DO
See Options
Learn more about this post and see what you can do
ACTIVITY

About your post
Today at 6:26 PM
No one else can see your post.
For information purposes: www.abovetopsecret.com... Stay safe all

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Also, lightly related to Coronavirus, also from the French Live feed above :

"German 'Big Brother' Contestants were told today of the extent of the Coronavirus epidemic, after entering the 'Loft' on the 6th of February. They hadn't been kept up to date at all."

twitter.com...

edit :
www.20minutes.fr...

edit on 17-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: not the video

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   

PDATE: Montenegro reports first 2 cases of coronavirus; all countries in Europe now have at least 1 case

There ya have it. I Feel sorry, for those out there now trying to exploit the pandemic, for there selfish needs.

TWITTER

BREAKING: West Virginia reports first case of coronavirus; all 50 U.S. states now have at least 1 case

TWITTER
edit on 17-3-2020 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

link   
Not sure where you got the figure of 12 that are hospitalized. There are 6 in ICU in New Jersey alone.

link   
Shelter in place order just signed for Orange County California. In place with immediate effect and until March 31st at midnight however may be extended.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: primalfractal

We've been in a national health emergency for longer than a national emergency.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyBalls2

Right now, they're likely some of the safest around because of how isolated they're kept.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: hades84
this was a complete insult towards people who claim this is nothing, or "just the flu", fyi...
a reply to: tetra50

so sorry to completely insult people.
really don't like doing that. but, well, shrug, whatever this refers to, what I take it refers to may really be nothing, but it's not currently adding up to nothing or just flu, fyi

And surely, you realize if you're actually flipping a nothingburger and expecting to be fulfilled by your meal, it's not gonna happen that way. That's simply common sense, regarless of metaphorical logistics.
edit on 17-3-2020 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   

a reply to: Jay-morris

Most people are going to have Wuhan Virus or WuFlu stick in their minds easier than COVID-19 ("official", WHO approved disease name) or SARS-COV-2 ("official", WHO approved virus name).

Funny thst, everyone I know mostly call it the corona virus. Not one person I know, or have seen socially have called it the Chinese virus.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Texas Health and Human Services has issued a requirement for all childcare services in the state to perform temperature checks and complete a health survey before anyone can enter the facility.

TxHHS< br />

edit on 17-3-2020 by quercusrex because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-3-2020 by quercusrex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   

I think you may have gotten some numbers mixed up. 109/6439= 1.69% (deaths divided by confirmed cases) So it is definitely more then 1/2% of those who are infected who need hospitalization. Secondly, I think worldometers may have posted improper information. Per 1point3acres, there have been 12 deaths today, which leads me to believe worldometers, either posted under the wrong heading, or grabbed the wrong numbers to post under "Serious or Critical" when they stated 12.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   
One post for this thread, and now my inbox on FB is FULL of these kinds of removals:

The Support Inbox is your place to:
Get updates about things you've reported.
Check and reply to messages from the Help Team.
See important messages about your account.
Remove
HELP CENTER

Safety Center
Policies, tools and resources to help you stay safe.
Bullying Prevention Hub
Tools and tips for teens, parents and educators.
Safety Check
Connect with friends and loved ones during a disaster.
COMMUNITY STANDARDS
See our Community Standards
Learn about what type of sharing is allowed on Facebook, and what type of content may be reported and removed.
English (US) · Español · Português (Brasil) · Français (France) · Deutsch
Privacy · Terms · Advertising · Ad Choices · Cookies ·
More
Facebook © 2020

FROM NOTIFICATION
OPEN
WHAT YOU CAN DO
See Options
Learn more about this post and see what you can do
ACTIVITY

About your post
Today at 6:43 PM
No one else can see your post.
Corona Virus Updates Part 5, page 91
Corona Virus Updates Part 5, page 91

www.abovetopsecret.com...
OTHER MESSAGES
OPEN

This is all generated by ONE post yesterday evening that I now have four notifications for the removal of.....
huh.

top topics

<< 107  108  109    111  112  113 >>

join