It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 111
<< 108  109  110    112  113  114 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent

PDATE: Montenegro reports first 2 cases of coronavirus; all countries in Europe now have at least 1 case

There ya have it. I Feel sorry, for those out there now trying to exploit the pandemic, for there selfish needs.

TWITTER

BREAKING: West Virginia reports first case of coronavirus; all 50 U.S. states now have at least 1 case

TWITTER

We're up to 165 countries and territories according to Worldometer, and 164 with Baselab.com (used to be wuhanvirus.com)

Not many more to go before there is nowhere to go anyway...

www.worldometers.info...

LOTS of Red on this one....find the white countries while they last.

coronavirus.thebaselab.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: elitegamer23
It’s funny I spend my time checking the numbers of the USA and what states have cases, especially mine. Well today I found out some wonderful news. My neighbor who is the main internet it guy for my local power and water and cable company, well he is under quarantine inside the house for Coronavirus .

His kids were outside when I went outside and they let it slip. You could tell they knew they weren’t supposed to say anything.

Our mailman goes to their mailbox before ours .

Stay safe out there people .

Well that's just great because everyone in the house is supposed to stay in the house so it sounds like the kids were in the front yard..... should have been in the backyard. People are not really taking proper precautions!

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: pasiphae

That's why we can't have nice things.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   
The Crisis Continues

Flushed Non-Flushables Clogging Sewer System In South Windsor

"We are seeing a significant increase in clogged pumps at our pump stations due to wipes being flushed down the toilets," officials said. Clogged pumps can lead to backups into homes, officials said. "We don't want or need that to happen," officials said. "Please dispose of wipes in your trash." Concerns over the Coronavirus have been met with mad dashes to grab toilet paper throughout north-central Connecticut. Supplies have been disappearing in minutes from shelves in many stores.

I don't get this state, the governor is closing state parks and playgrounds too because people aren't getting it.

The roads and cities were much more quiet today. More like early morning or like a holiday. Maybe people are finally getting the hint.

All commencement ceremonies are now cancelled. Mostly getting rid of everything.

The hospitals have also set up drive through and walk through testing centers with tents.
edit on 17-3-2020 by TheAMEDDDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAMEDDDoc

Let me get this straight. People are buying up toilet paper, but using wipes on their butts?

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

What you are saying smacks of common sense so umm... can you really see the govt at any level using much common sense when people are running around like chickens with their heads cut off?

Or that the press wont scare people off going to work by trying to paint the bleakest picture possible, I am actually much less worried about the virus than I am the herd mentality I have seen in the last couple weeks.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Mamana12
Yep, was expecting that based on reporting from Voice of OC:
Voice-of-OC

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   

The Pentagon is starting the process of activating Navy hospital ships USNS Mercy (T-AH-19) and USNS Comfort (T-AH-20) as part of the Defense Department’s domestic response to the spreading COVID-19 virus, USNI News has learned. “We’ve already given orders to the Navy… to lean forward in terms of getting them ready to deploy,” Secretary of Defense Mark Esper told reporters on Tuesday. The ships will now begin the several days-long process of bringing aboard medical staff and equipment ahead of deploying along the East and West coasts, a defense official confirmed to USNI News on Tuesday afternoon.

Pentagon Preparing Navy Hospital Ships Mercy, Comfort for Coronavirus Response

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

People are hoarding them, stashing at the last minute. We bought 3 packs of paper towels and toilet paper each from Costco back in Feb.

These are all the last minute shoppers.

EMS friends of mine are also getting people mixing vinegar and peroxide, bleach and ammonia, vinegar and bleach, you name it and then they try to clean with this stuff.

All because the media can't take five extra minutes to explain everything and some safety or public health issues.

ETA: Apparently convience stores are a major culprit and are price gouging so the state is going after them too.
edit on 17-3-2020 by TheAMEDDDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

Any one know how many patients such vessels can accommodate?

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   

People are hoarding them, stashing at the last minute.
And meanwhile using wipes on their butts?

Oh, I see. It means some people ran out, can't get more, and now have to use wipes. Swell.

edit on 3/17/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAMEDDDoc
The Crisis Continues

Flushed Non-Flushables Clogging Sewer System In South Windsor

"We are seeing a significant increase in clogged pumps at our pump stations due to wipes being flushed down the toilets," officials said. Clogged pumps can lead to backups into homes, officials said. "We don't want or need that to happen," officials said. "Please dispose of wipes in your trash." Concerns over the Coronavirus have been met with mad dashes to grab toilet paper throughout north-central Connecticut. Supplies have been disappearing in minutes from shelves in many stores.

I don't get this state, the governor is closing state parks and playgrounds too because people aren't getting it.

The roads and cities were much more quiet today. More like early morning or like a holiday. Maybe people are finally getting the hint.

All commencement ceremonies are now cancelled. Mostly getting rid of everything.

The hospitals have also set up drive through and walk through testing centers with tents.

Having helped my dad unblock the septic tank many years ago, I feel for the sewage workers.

(Details : The blockage was at the entrance to the tank, so my dad was standing in the tank, his head just below the top of the tank, a good 6feet deep. He poked the 'blockage', and a gusher came out, and i just managed to grab his clothes by the shoulders and pull him up. He was very heavy beacause his boiler suit had 'filled up'. We were very lucky not to have lost him, didn't do it again.
He didn't smell right for days.)

Wipes shouldn't be flushed, but people are probably seeing the 'Virus' everywhere now, and popping it down the bog seems like a good idea at the time.
Out of sight, out of house, out of mind.

Let the sewers back up a bit, and they'll stop really, really quickly.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Let me get this straight. People are buying up toilet paper, but using wipes on their butts?

The Rotor Rooter sewer unclogging guys are going to be very busy this spring.
edit on 3/17/2020 by carewemust because: Corrected voice transcription errors.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Midway International Airport's air traffic control tower has been temporarily closed after three FAA technicians at the airport tested positive for the novel coronavirus. According to the Federal Aviation Administration, the air traffic control tower at the airport is “temporarily closing” while crews clean facilities.

Air Traffic Control Tower at Midway Temporarily Closed After Technicians Test Positive for Coronavirus

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyBalls2

Wipes shouldn't be flushed, but people are probably seeing the 'Virus' everywhere now, and popping it down the bog seems like a good idea at the time. Out of sight, out of house, out of mind.
Most of them say right there on the package, "Don't flush." Good reading material while you're sitting there.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   

a reply to: Bicent

Any one know how many patients such vessels can accommodate?

Up to 1000 patients from the Wiki

en.wikipedia.org...(T-AH-20)

edit : Only 80 Intensive care though, so they might have re-worked it a bit.
edit on 17-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added stuff

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Let me get this straight. We are now clogging up an info on Covid19 with these bits of brilliance?

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Patient Capacity: Intensive care wards: 80 beds Recovery wards: 20 beds Intermediate care wards: 280 beds Light care wards: 120 beds Limited care wards: 500 beds Total Patient Capacity: 1000 beds Operating Rooms: 12 Departments and Facilities: Casualty reception Radiological services including CT Main laboratory plus satellite lab Central sterile processing Medical supply/pharmacy Physical therapy and burn care Intensive Care Unit Dental services Optometry/lens lab Morgue Laundry Burn Treatment Angiography Blood Bank Oxygen producing plants (two)

USNS Mercy (T-AH-19)

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

My wife, born and raised in China, a real live breathing Chinese person who’s only been living in the US for less than 1 year - will look you in the face and say “Wuhan Virus” or “Chinese Virus” all day long.

In China, real live breathing Chinese people are saying “Wuhan Virus”, in Mandarin and Cantonese. I know because I talk to some every day, in Chinese and English.

It’s not creating any racist issues against China.

The CCP does a great job creating their own problems and then blaming other countries. Nothing we do could outdo them. Ever.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Hey, hope you don't leave the thread...
there's a fair few of us not from the USA who don't really give a monkeys about Trump!
a reply to: Oppenheimer67

top topics

<< 108  109  110    112  113  114 >>

join