It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 106
<< 103  104  105    107  108  109 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: slapjacks
a reply to: EnhancedInterrogator
Could also be someone being lazy at their BSL4 lab.

Actually, that is still my primary suspect.
Something(s) got out of the lab.
Some of them made their way to the "meat-market".
Some, maybe went elsewhere and spread virus too.
edit on 2020-3-17 by EnhancedInterrogator because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris
We have had Chinese people being attacked and verbally abused in the UK, which is disgusting! Does not help when a buffoon like trump keeps on calling it the "Chinese virus" How much of a complete idiot is this man! Does he not realise, that he is looked apon as a mini God by is followers, and when he says things like this, there will be more violence towards chinese people, not just in the UK, but America too!

I share your disgust. I'm also concerned how eagerly it is lapped up. It really is like they are preparing the minds of people, painting them a picture of the enemy. Preparing for war. Mankind might survive, in someway shape or form, but humanity may be the real loser.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Oppenheimer67

That's just silly. Where do you think the west nile virus came from, or ebola, or lyme disease. They're all named after where they originated.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Sorry if I keep repeating this, but in 2009 the swine flu is said to have killed about ~284,000 worldwide over a 1 year period. However the actual number recorded was less than 20,000. The worst hit was the USA with 3,433 deaths and they were hit early and didn't have a vaccine for 6 months. This time around Italy will easily exceed the confirmed USA figures. Doesn't that sound absolutely absurd?

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TomLawless
My restaurant is shockingly busy.

People have already adjusted well to carry out only here in Ohio.

Conversations with my regular customers have been amazing and we are all pulling for each other.

I read this thread at night sometimes and fall asleep with a feeling of dread. I hope you're all proud of yourselves for that. You're doing a fantastic job.

Thing is, my business survived 0bama. It will survive this, and I'll make sure of it just to spite you all.

I am glad your business is doing well. I am a pet sitter and am now unemployed.

But I am thankful for this thread. You see, if I had not read and participated here I would've been out buying normal things, blissfully unaware of the pandemic that was about hit our country. Because of the members here, I took their advice and stocked up on canned goods, toiletries and pet food before the panic hit. I'm also more informed and feel more prepared to deal with this virus, should I catch it.

Spiteful? No. Thankful? Oh god, yes!

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: asdfa

That's just silly. Where do you think the west nile virus came from, or ebola, or lyme disease. They're all named after where they originated.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   
UK 24 hour Tesco stores to reduce opening hours to 6am-10pm from tonight to give staff time to restock shelves.

Yahoo

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Michigan has 11 new cases bringing us to 65 for the state. They posted these stats today:

According the state, 58 percent are men and 42 percent are women.

Percentages of case by age
0-19 = 3%
20-29 = 12%
30-39 = 14%
40-49 = 17%
50-59 = 14%
60-69 = 28%
70-79 = 9%
80 = 3%

25 of them are in the hospital and 32 are not in the hospital with eight unknown.

On a personal note, we know an anesthesiologist in this area who has said off the record that there are multiple people in their 50s on life support at both the University of Michigan and Henry Ford Detroit hospitals. I had thought the percentages would fall heavier for the 70-79 and 80 groups It was kind of surprising to me. I'm sure this will shift as more people are tested too.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Tukota

Stats for France are more than 50% of IC patients are under 60.
Netherlands, 50% are under 50.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Then why would you call it the "Chinese Virus" when it came from an American lab?

Did you miss the part about Chinese people getting attacked and abused on our streets, or are you just too callous or dim to care?

I don't know that it came from an American lab, and you don't know where it came from either. So maybe best stick to SARS-CoV-2, or simply The Coronavirus, to avoid inflammatory language on the world stage, unnecessary hate, social unrest, and causing fear for the innocent Chinese people, or anyone Asian looking for that matter. Unless of course the point is entirely to create such labelling. Feel free to go and ignore this though little lamb.
edit on 17-3-2020 by Oppenheimer67 because: added detail

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris
We have had Chinese people being attacked and verbally abused in the UK, which is disgusting! Does not help when a buffoon like trump keeps on calling it the "Chinese virus" How much of a complete idiot is this man! Does he not realise, that he is looked apon as a mini God by is followers, and when he says things like this, there will be more violence towards chinese people, not just in the UK, but America too!

people really need to go to their mental health professionals to deal with their TDS. this has nothing at all to do with Trump TRUTHFULLY saying anything about the FACT it started in China. i thing pretty much everyone in the world knows this virus came from China.

and unfortunately these types of attacks always happen, when such types of things happen. and has happened throughout history. after the Japs attacked Pearl harbour, people were attacking pretty much anyone who looked Asian. and that includes Chinese, Koreans and anyone else. after 9-11 people were attacking anyone they thought were muslim. and attacked a lot of Sikhs. in ww2 especially in the UK, anyone who was or was thought to be German faced the same thing. it is unfortunately part of a natural fear reaction. and so these attacks would have happened with or without Trump calling it like it is, a Chinese virus. personally i like Wuflu better.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   

It came from china, that's the place of origin, so it's the chinese virus or the wuhan virus, both perfectly acceptable. Trump isn't responsible for what idiots do on the streets.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: generik
a reply to: asdfa

So why encourage it?

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Tukota

Stats for France are more than 50% of IC patients are under 60.
Netherlands, 50% are under 50.

Do you think that in other countries, where they are reporting that it hits the elderly harder, that it is because there is more of an elderly population in China and Italy so the numbers skew higher? Only time will tell as other countries start to share stats like these. *Disclaimer: I have no idea if China and Italy have more elders than other countries...it is purely speculation on my part.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Only in the mind of someone suffering from TDS is trump encouraging it.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   
So just got word from my niece in Pasco County Florida her winn dixie had their delivery trucks cancelled, the shelves are nearly empty and they may be closing their doors till this virus runs its course.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Only in the mind of someone suffering from TDS is trump encouraging it.

Total dissolved solids? Sorry you've lost me. Too old maybe.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   
No source available
But my friend who works in an NHS hospital said that all staff must turn up for work even if someone in their household is exhibiting signs of coronavirus - otherwise they won't get paid.
Simply outrageous! Going against government guidelines to now isolate for 14 days if any member of your household has symptoms. For frontline workers this could be so dangerous - spreading it to the vulnerable. I'm shocked there aren't more protests from NHS workers...

Some other bits from the frontline NHS

I work on the infectious diseases ward of a major UK hospital. This has now become a coronavirus ward. It’s a “red zone” – one of the most infectious areas. We have all the patients here who have tested positive, apart from the ones so severely ill they need intensive care. We know that some of our patients will die.

I treat patients who are proven to have coronavirus. One week ago, I was wearing full PPE [personal protective equipment]. That consists of a proper FFP3 mask [offering high respiratory protection], a visor, a surgical gown, and two pairs of gloves.
Now we’ve been told not to bother with any of that. They’ve told us “just treat it as though it’s seasonal flu”. Now we are expected to wear just a normal surgical mask, a pair of ordinary short gloves, and a plastic apron that doesn’t cover all of you like a surgical gown does. I would see other patients around the hospital in the same scrubs, and the scrubs could have coronavirus on them.

But this advice contradicts WHO and European guidance. This guidance says to use full PPE if you are exposed to patients with coronavirus.

I am terrified. I’m seriously considering whether I can keep working as a doctor. I may be OK – I’m young and healthy – but I can’t bear the thought of infecting other patients with a disease that could kill them. And that is the risk, without proper PPE. It’s terrifying; it’s indescribable. This is not seasonal flu. This is a new virus with greater mortality and we know much less about it.

I cannot believe or understand why Public Health England has downgraded our PPE advice. Why are they contradicting international advice?

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Don't blame Trump for your own mental bias. The virus started in Wuhan and it's very much a Chinese virus... that does not mean every Chinese/Asian has it; nor does it mean they created it or let it loose intentionally.

If you come up with those ideas from someone saying it's a "Chinese virus" maybe you should take a moment and think about how you process information.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Just came across this on Reddit:
No idea of the credibility but will go looking now online

Today, the 5 Med regiment have been recalled and all future exercises cancelled as they prepare to support the NHS in tackling the Covid-19 outbreak. 34 field hospital is now on standby to create “the largest tent city built in peacetime”

The move comes following tragic reports of a minor dying after testing positive for the disease. The child is believed to be from the Hornsea area in East Riding of Yorkshire.

More to follow.

forcescompare.uk...

top topics

<< 103  104  105    107  108  109 >>

join