It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 104
<< 101  102  103    105  106  107 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Boris Johnson's daily UK conference not long ended.

BBC

Taken directly from the page at 17:43:
Among the new help just announced is:

Government backed and guaranteed loans of £330bn to support companies
A potential support package specifically for airlines and airports
A three-month mortgage payment holiday for homeowners
£10,000 cash grants for smaller firms
An extension of the business rate holiday announced in the Budget
edit on 17-3-2020 by BlueSwan because: added time

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   
My restaurant is shockingly busy.

People have already adjusted well to carry out only here in Ohio.

Conversations with my regular customers have been amazing and we are all pulling for each other.

I read this thread at night sometimes and fall asleep with a feeling of dread. I hope you're all proud of yourselves for that. You're doing a fantastic job.

Thing is, my business survived 0bama. It will survive this, and I'll make sure of it just to spite you all.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TomLawless

Who are you spiting?

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TomLawless

Conversations with my regular customers have been amazing and we are all pulling for each other.

I read this thread at night sometimes and fall asleep with a feeling of dread. I hope you're all proud of yourselves for that. You're doing a fantastic job.

Thing is, my business survived 0bama. It will survive this, and I'll make sure of it just to spite you all.

I’m certain the overwhelming majority in this thread would like to see small businesses survive this

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Looks like the US is over 5700 cases now. About 1,000 more than when I went to sleep last night

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Southwest Michigan a lot less traffic today. Stopped at a flower shop because todays out anniversary and all plans have been wiped out. The flower shop said it's their last day with the doors open, phone only from now on.

No going out for dinner no place to travel to.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tracele
UK confirmed now at 1950 up from 1543 yesterday.

Link

But no reported deaths????
Weird....

Hmmmmm Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I had to go out to get a prescription for my son. He has a sinus infection. The doctor called it in without having to be seen.

Wore an N95 and gloves. I was the only one. Older people coming in and out. So much for the stay home advice...

Picked up a few things, even though I am well stocked.

They were completely out of milk, eggs, pretty much all dairy. Out of all juice. Out of TP, and almost out of paper towels and napkins. Low on cold meds. All out of any cleaning supplies, alcohol, gloves, etc. Picked up the last 2 packages of Raman. Low on cereal, but got a couple of boxes.

Other than that, they were pretty well stocked on other stuff though.

I hated to go out. I fogged everything I bought with VitalOxide when I got home, fogged my coat. Sprayed my shoes with Lysol. Hopefully I did enough to protect us. I was thinking about breaking out the Tyvec suit, and P100 respirator, but I didn't. No confirmed cases in our county yet, but I am sure it is here.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   

さちに

x
close your fen
fnk place

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Worldometers
shows +16 deaths in UK today

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Tanzania Confirms First Case of Coronavirus

The coronavirus patient is a 46-year-old Tanzanian woman who arrived in Arusha from Belgium on the afternoon of March 14.

www.voanews.com...

We're running out of firsts people.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

Hi Mike(meathead),

I apologize for not responding earlier. It's been nuts at the office today.

Yes, this has caused a lot of confusion (on both the patient's and provider's sides)and shuffling of schedules.
One reason is that we don't know what the numbers will be over the next month or so. Although, we can take a pretty good guess. Then the states and professional organizations are giving out directives but they are staying vague. In other words, "Here's the big picture. You figure it out from here.". This has left us in a bit of a pickle with our employees, patients and ourselves.

I'm sorry that your Mom had that happen. I understand where Aspen Dental is coming from. Being a franchise, they have to do what corporate tells them. And everyone wants to be "abundantly cautious". Which is a good thing. But the implementation sucks at times. So, they're working from a strict script. Based on what you said about your mom being placed on an antibiotic, it sounds like they are closing Aspen offices with minimal or no emergency coverage. I would definitely try calling them or have your mom call to find out what their coverage for dental emergencies is. Legally, they have to have some sort of safety net in place.

I, being in solo practice have a bit m ore leeway. So, for my office, I'm on call and will come in with my assistant for certain cases. What we don't want to do is swamp the local E.R.'s with dental patients when they are dealing with everything else.

I truly hope this turns out well with your mom. Please keep me informed of how this goes for her.

-Wizzz

edit on 17-3-2020 by Wizzz0001 because: Added words

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Stay safe regardless and I hope your employees and customers can also stay safe .
edit on 17-3-2020 by elitegamer23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   
トラ
so  in jaapan we are on 

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
a reply to: redpassion
Unfortunately Americans are going to be reluctant to quarantine.

The question is - who do we quarantine? Everyone? Or just those at most risk?

Please explain to me how it makes sense to quarantine everyone - which has massively bad economic repercussions - vs only those who are at most risk - which would have a much much smaller economic impact.

Sounds logical but who knows? I'm no expert.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Update - I work in a regulated industry and all of our new hires were scheduled to take a state licensing exam on 3/26 at a testing center. Here's the kicker: beginning tomorrow 3/18 the international testing center company is closing all testing centers in US & Canada for 30 days.

Wow! This is nuts

edit on 17-3-2020 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: MaverickLRD
With all of your solutions I just can’t grasp why the federal government hasn’t hired you for your expertise in infectious disease containment...

Amazing, isn't it?

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asgaard
The virus needs to die out.

Really? Everything I've read, from the CDC down, says this thing is here to stay, and will become (warning: trigger alert) 'just like the seasonal flu'.

There is no such thing as 'immunity' with this thing.

There is ZERO proof of that assertion.

In fact the immune system completely #es up. ''herd immunity'' doesn't apply with this nasty virus.

There is ZERO proof of that assertion.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueSwan
Boris Johnson's daily UK conference not long ended.
A three-month mortgage payment holiday for homeowners
£10,000 cash grants for smaller firms

Assuming they could actually do both of those two things in particular, something like that would really help in the US.

If people aren't working, they pretty-much are not going to be able to make their mortgage payments. Of course, people have other expenses too, but in the US the mortgage (for home owners, or rent for renters) is generally the biggest and hardest to do without paying.

Likewise, small businesses that have to close, aren't going to be able to make their rents. £10,000 is about US$12,000. That's about 3 months rent on a small business that a family member of mine has.

edit on 2020-3-17 by EnhancedInterrogator because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel

originally posted by: Tracele
UK confirmed now at 1950 up from 1543 yesterday.

Link

But no reported deaths????
Weird....

Hmmmmm Rainbows
Jane

They don’t get announced until later, 14 more deaths reported this afternoon.

<< 101  102  103    105  106  107 >>

join