It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 105
<< 102  103  104    106  107  108 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Worldometer is almost at 200 000 cases. It only seems a few moments since it broke the 100 000 mark. Closed cases death rate is showing 9% but obviously that will change.
Today I've bought office equipment home as I'm one of the ones Boris advised to self isolate for 12 weeks. I'm angry they could have squashed this earlier. Still not convinced that the suppression wouldn't have been a better plan than letting it rip.

www.worldometers.info...
I have a question for the medically inclined peeps. Several old school nurses I worked with often refused to give fever suppression meds. Saying that the temperature is the body's way of burning out the illness. I get the feeling that's different in this case cos the fever is a sign that there is already pneumonia and won't burn out? I don't want to derail. Just wondering whether a low ish grade fever needs paracetamol (if/when I need it. I have ear ache and sore throat but think that's more postnatal drip)

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Not sure if anyone reported in yet for NY, but we're at the 1374 mark. The stores here at least in Oneida county are getting crazy. TP.paper towels, tissues- empty, pasta of any variety-empty, meat counters-empty, cold meds- empty, juice-empty.
coronavirus.health.ny.gov...

Last Update: March 17, 2020 | 1:19 PM County Positive Cases Westchester 380 Nassau 131 Suffolk 84 Albany 23 Rockland 22 Dutchess 16 Orange 15 Monroe 10 Saratoga 9 Ulster 8 Erie 7 Schenectady 5 Allegany 2 Greene 2 Putnam 2 Onondaga 2 Tompkins 2 Broome 1 Clinton 1 Delaware 1 Herkimer 1 Tioga 1 Montgomery 1 Ontario 1 Rensselaer 1 Sullivan 1 Wyoming 1 New York State (Outside of NYC) 730 New York City 644 Total Positive Cases (Statewide) 1,374

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: checkmeout

Fun fact:

Coronovirus (COVID-19) has killed more people today alone, than SARS did in its entirety.

www.worldometers.info...

According to the World Health Organization (WHO), a total of 8,098 people worldwide became sick with SARS during the 2003 outbreak. Of these, 774 died.

www.cdc.gov...

edit on 17-3-2020 by UFO1414 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: UFO1414
I seem to remember someone telling us that SARS was far worse than COVID 19 would be.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Update from Vermont - my spouse (and all students) don't go in tomorrow but Staff is required to go into school Thursday and Friday still.... ridiculous

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: UFO1414
a reply to: checkmeout

Fun fact:

Coronovirus has killed more people today alone, than SARS did in its entirety.

www.worldometers.info...

According to the World Health Organization (WHO), a total of 8,098 people worldwide became sick with SARS during the 2003 outbreak. Of these, 774 died.

www.cdc.gov...

Wow. I remember being petrified during the H1N1 outbreak as I was pregnant and wasn't sure about the untested vaccine. That was a walk in the park compared to this.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I gotta be real with you ATS, to me it is seeming like the economic consequences of this thing could be like reversing the industrial revolution for a few months before we can begin to see some normalcy again.

However the monetary policy will also wreak havoc on the purchasing power of our fiat dollars.

And just like that, Jeffrey Epstein and the elite pedos are out of the news altogether.

This thing seems orchestrated to me, it's almost just too frickin perfect for TPTB and everyone who was getting nervous about dirty secrets coming out and populism growing

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
I gotta be real with you ATS, to me it is seeming like the economic consequences of this thing could be like reversing the industrial revolution for a few months before we can begin to see some normalcy again.

However the monetary policy will also wreak havoc on the purchasing power of our fiat dollars.

And just like that, Jeffrey Epstein and the elite pedos are out of the news altogether.

This thing seems orchestrated to me, it's almost just too frickin perfect for TPTB and everyone who was getting nervous about dirty secrets coming out and populism growing
Foster fear, cause panic, hurt the pocket closing the mind whilst depopulating the planet!
edit on 17-3-2020 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

edit on 17-3-2020 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Foster fear, cause panic, hurt the pocket closing the mind whilst depopulating the planet.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TomLawless
My restaurant is shockingly busy.

People have already adjusted well to carry out only here in Ohio.

Conversations with my regular customers have been amazing and we are all pulling for each other.

I read this thread at night sometimes and fall asleep with a feeling of dread. I hope you're all proud of yourselves for that. You're doing a fantastic job.

Thing is, my business survived 0bama. It will survive this, and I'll make sure of it just to spite you all.

I certainly hope you do well, even during this time. Being in the food industry, there is always a need for food.

Please be careful, take all the precautions you can so as not to get this, or spread it to customers.

My business is about dead. No need for hobby stuff right now.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   
pretty sure Germany had only 2 cases that were listed as serious/critical earlier today. Now they've posted 7 deaths. Guess what? Still only 2 cases serious/critical.

Other countries similarly fishy.

I think China gave some real data to begin with. At least their rate of infection etc; it was just so similar to that seen elsewhere. Then they tailed off into fiction.

I think they purposefully gave the world that most useful information. Add their actions to that; they gave plenty of info, without giving away too much which would jeopardise social order there. It is what it is.

I thought some of China's moves and data were dodgy, but that's nothing compared to what some of the Western countries are trying sell us.

On the other hand, I was convinced China must be experiencing Italy in most of their cities by now, in line with the likes of Italy, or likely slightly ahead. I thought this would be unconcealable by now... So the yoyo continues. If they really do have it under control, it's much more manageable than I've imagined. Still finding this very hard to believe. Just wish I knew the truth about China.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Oppenheimer67
Unfortunately, it will be a LONG time before we find-out what really happened in China. China-operated troll-farms have been spreading disnformation on various platforms (WeChat and other Social Media), saying things like:

* This started in the US, then spread to China.
* The US military deliberately introduced this into WuHan to hurt the Chinese economy.

etc.

edit on 2020-3-17 by EnhancedInterrogator because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: UFO1414
Pakistan Coronavirus News: First coronavirus death reported in Pakistan; cases surge to 193

This country is a tinder box.

timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

We've talked about Pakistan and India a few times at work, researchers from there do not have high hopes for those nations. Numerous public health issues, dense populations and the best part, large groups of people who will purposefully spread the disease due to cultural beliefs. I can't imagine, I was surprised those beliefs were still prominent, I remember reading about it when they were still a colony and dealing with smallpox and variolation vs vaccination.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Received the following emails via NC4 alerts today. Please note the time each was sent AND the number of "presumptive positive" cases are shown.

Notice anything odd? I know everyone loves "links"...but this is just a cut/paste job from an email account. No links.

edit on 17-3-2020 by jsjAmeicanMo because: I know everyone loves "links"...but this is just a cut/paste job from an email account. No links.

edit on 17-3-2020 by jsjAmeicanMo because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-3-2020 by jsjAmeicanMo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: EnhancedInterrogator
a reply to: Oppenheimer67
Unfortunately, it will be a LONG time before we find-out what really happened in China. China-operated troll-farms have been spreading disnformation on various platforms (WeChat and other Social Media), saying things like:

* This started in the US, then spread to China.
* The US military deliberately introduced this into WuHan to hurt the Chinese economy.

etc.

Well things are escalating between US and China. There may well be more to this. Trump keeps making a point of calling it the "Chinese Virus". China may well have troll farms (I guess they can work from home), but we almost certainly do too, and quite possibly more advanced. Human, human aided bots, and plain old stupid (mostly) bots. Not to mention machine learned mood control via social media, which is now old technology by the way, we are well beyond that now.

Neither side is all roses, but right now I'm avoiding talking sides for fear I'd be on the wrong one whether I like it or not.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: EnhancedInterrogator

We will never know. Even if the CCP falls or we take them out in a war they would scorch earth any evidence if they haven’t already. We know they were telling provincial level govt to destroy all records and digital files then sign NDAs which are enforceable by death penalty.

Much like the Cultural Revolution, we’ll only be left with an official story, stories from families and numbers that can’t be corroborated.

I’m starting to feel that they have an angle beyond stirring up toxic levels of nationalism to save their skins, something else is going on. Wife’s family convinced of this as well.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   
We have had Chinese people being attacked and verbally abused in the UK, which is disgusting! Does not help when a buffoon like trump keeps on calling it the "Chinese virus" How much of a complete idiot is this man! Does he not realise, that he is looked apon as a mini God by is followers, and when he says things like this, there will be more violence towards chinese people, not just in the UK, but America too!

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: EnhancedInterrogator

Could also be someone being lazy at their BSL4 lab.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Important news to share:

I just called Walgreen's pharmacy to see if can pay out of pocket to get another 90-day supply of a vital daily drug that I have to take and they said that most insurance companies have implemented a COVID-19 override. So, even though I just got a 90-day supply a month ago, the insurance approved another 90-day refill without having to wait.

<< 102  103  104    106  107  108 >>

join