It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 102
<< 99  100  101    103  104  105 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical
I am really happy to hear that they are addressing the safety issues around the nuclear plants. I had posted my concerns about the safety of the operations in the face of trained people becoming ill.
That is reassuring.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Blood supplies critically low because blood drives have stopped nationwide.
Everyone be careful out there and maybe we can avoid some injuries that require blood.
Certainly less vehicles on the road will help.

foxsanantonio.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Cape Town

In a statement, Transnet National Ports Authority (TNPA) said a crew member on board the MV Corona cargo ship had started showing symptoms of the virus after the vessel departed the Cape Town harbour on 11 March.

MV Corona!

On a more serious note there is a passenger ship also off Cape Town...

A cruise liner with 1 726 people on board, as well as a cargo vessel, was being held off port limits in Cape Town after a suspected case of coronavirus was detected on board one of the ships.

News24

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: mikell
Has anyone from your department brought up this issue of hazard pay?
If people who work in these critical areas panic or walk off the job then essential, critical situations will happen.
There is a window of opportunity in this fast moving situation to address this right away.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: deltaalphanovember
Good to know that the cruise ships and probably container ships are a problem. Have you had a chance to update about other situations regarding the how the government is responding in South Africa?

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Dr. Fauci’s Mysterious Math – The Quantifying Today Reflects Where We Were A Week Ago – Today Cannot Be Quantified Until Next Week…

♦ STRESS LEVEL – The healthcare ‘system’ per se, is expending an awful lot of time on mitigation efforts. As Dr. Brix noted: the current negative test rate for coronavirus among those showing symptoms who are tested is 98 to 99 percent. That means of all the people taking coronavirus tests, 98/99 out of 100 are symptomatic (they are sick) but they are not infected with coronavirus. They are normal flu cases.

Our healthcare “system” is expending an incredible amount of resources on a mitigation effort. According to Dr. Brix and the test results 99 percent of those mitigation efforts are not engaging with coronavirus. They are dealing with regular flu (perhaps a strong flu).

If you extract the mitigation effort from the overall effort, the current stress level on the healthcare system doesn’t seem to be overwhelming. What is stressing the system is a coronavirus mitigation effort with a rate of 99 percent testing negative.

Full Article

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Question for the medical people on this thread. I've read a few times on here that Ibuprofen shouldn't be taken as it makes the virus worse. What about other common painkillers such as Acetaminophen? What should we be taking or avoiding?

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Mamana12

You should always take Tylenol/Paracetamol for fever. The ibuprofen data is very very weak just like the ACE inhibitor data.

Don't be uncomfortable and stressed, take the medications. At most you're cutting hours maybe a day or two of infection and increasing spread time by a bit.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thoughtful1
Good to know that the cruise ships and probably container ships are a problem. Have you had a chance to update about other situations regarding the how the government is responding in South Africa?

Government is responding fairly well under the circumstances. We have a President now who seems to have good intentions and a good heart. He is trying the best he can under difficult circumstances.
Schools have been closed early and testing is taking place as much as possible.
South Africa is impoverished after years of mismanagement so there simply not enough funds to weather this storm economically. 29% unemployment rate translates to a very vulnerable situation.

We are all in terrible danger if the situation hits us like it has hit in Italy. The rule of law is rather more tenuous here than in Europe. A quarantine will be difficult... no impossible to enforce and the population is simply not disciplined enough to realise it's for their own good.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Exceptionalism
Something truly exceptional. All restaurants have now been closed until May so many are suddenly finding themselves on the new frontier of food gathering or hunting in chaotic grocery stores and meal preparation. Many people have been caught unaware and unprepared.
I just received a notice from an Evergreen restaurant in Colorado. They are amazing.
I don't know how to post an e-mail but this is what they are doing. Truly amazing.
In face of the closures and the number of unprepared people they are preparing meal packages for people to pick up.
As long as they can do this they will be a life line to many people.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Yes many will not understand that what the government is trying to implement there is to try and protect them. Do you think they will go to the tribal, community leaders to give more credibility to the actions being taken.
How about the Homelands?

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime
Locking the entire population down until it blows over is only postponing the inevitable because it will continue to blow back. Get sick, take care around vulnerable people and stop panicking...

In the land of the insane, the sane person is considered insane.

Welcome to the world of the insane!

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asgaard
PM Rutte is an idiot who is putting my grandmother in danger.

Sorry, but locking everyone else up isn't the answer, sounds like he is much more rational than others.

Your grandmother/my parents are responsible for protecting herself/themselves.

I am helping my parents by not visiting the for a while, and convincing them to self-isolate, and have offered to buy them anything they may need and bring it to them (they are only a couple of hours away by car).

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Many of us were very concerned about Africa and the spread of the virus. When I was there a number of years ago people were very suspicious of the motives of the government. At the time they were trying to encourage the use of birth control. Many were saying it was to control the black population and that it had nothing to do with health and ensuring the survival of the children.
That type of suspicion is going to really make quarantine like you say impossible to do because people will not believe it is necessary. It is all a white mans plot.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAMEDDDoc
a reply to: Mamana12

You should always take Tylenol/Paracetamol for fever. The ibuprofen data is very very weak just like the ACE inhibitor data.

Don't be uncomfortable and stressed, take the medications. At most you're cutting hours maybe a day or two of infection and increasing spread time by a bit.

Thank you!!!

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: NxNWest

Hey, medical professionals can suffer from 'denial' just the same as anyone else.

For instance, at my institution, we have a surgeon who believes this whole lockdown is 'for nothing' since 'coronaviruses circulate every year', and is actively throwing tantrums because his elective surgeries were postponed. To each their own, I guess *shrug*.

edit on 17-3-2020 by Fowlerstoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Thoughtful1

Everyone is afraid of what will happen if/when this hits places like squatters camps. These are places that terribly overcrowded with poor sanitation, just a hole in the ground, no running water ...
Stocking up with food and necessities, or popping in to the local GP is simply not an option for these people. They are desperate, and a mass epidemic in their midst could drive them to do desperate things.
Let's not forget the HIV and TB infected people that I keep on mentioning ... I have not seen any studies or forecasts on how the Corona virus will affect this group of people.

With all due respect I am not going to talk politics here - black or white, the virus will not discriminate in the end. How I deal with life and my fellow human is my personal measure as a man.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Update from Vermont - the health website where they share the data is no longer sharing the # of "non-Vermonters" infected in the state, very odd it just disappeared in the last 20 minutes:

www.healthvermont.gov...

Wish I had a screenshot of how it looked before - it said 8 Vermont residents and 4 non-Vermonters or out-of-state visitors or something to that effect.

Now it just says 10 vermonters so I'm assuming we are +2 confirmed cases. Not sure why they couldn't just keep the data consistent, it's not like the 4 "non-vermonters" went home, they're still in the state self-quarantining or at hospitals...

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Italy update.

Italy reports 3,526 new cases and 345 new deaths, raising total to 31,506 cases and 2,503 dead

www.worldometers.info...
edit on 17-3-2020 by UFO1414 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Would someone mind posting the map/data that is tracking US and Canadian cases? The color scheme of the page is like orange and white - my comp. crashed and I can't find it anywhere. Thanks in advance!

ETA: nvm found it: coronavirus.1point3acres.com...
edit on 17-3-2020 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 99  100  101    103  104  105 >>

join