It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 99
<< 96  97  98    100  101  102 >>

join
share:
(post by marikievansclkers removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Quarantine station at Narita Airport Virus inspection suspended Staff dropped reagent and contamination

Two WHO headquarters employees confirmed infection with new coronavirus
edit on 0300000056432020-03-17T08:43:56-05:00435603am8 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 08:45 AM
link   

(post by marikievansclkers removed for political trolling and baiting)
(post by JamieJJones removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   
My county and the county to the north have no reported cases of coronavirus, but I have received multiple reports from healthcare workers in hospitals in both counties that the disease is being treated there.
Then a coworker related to me this morning that his wife (who is an RN that is an operating room nurse) told him that she was informed yesterday by her boss that they will be shutting down the operating rooms at the hospital. He was worried that she will be getting laid off. I told him not to worry.
This is what was being reported in Italy.... They close down the operating rooms and turn them into intensive care units.

Why are they not reporting cases when they are here?

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   

ATTENTION!!
This thread is for Corona Virus UPDATES!!!
...not chit chat, SOAP BOX speeches, political trolling,class warfare, conspiracy theories, bigoted comments, medical advice, OFF TOPIC banter
ill-mannered remarks toward members or arguing....

Some NON-UPDATE threads here, feel free to join in any of these:
Diseases and Pandemics

Diseases and Pandemics:: Medical Disclaimer
This thread is NOT for discussion of alternative medical treatment of illnesses!!!

Members who continue to disrupt will face temporary posting bans. ATS will not allow the few to ruin it for everyone.

Go after the ball not the player.

Community Announcement re: Decorum

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility WILL face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

edit on Tue Mar 17 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: saladfingers123456

I think the issue is that it's not very easy to understand the diagram, I dont really understand what it's saying. Explaining what it's saying would be helpful.

But any crisis is going to impact an economy, that's why i don't understand the concern about it. The truth is money doesnt make the world go around, people do. We don't actually need money to help people/get food/medicine, we need human will, effort, and action. If we need "money" in order to survive, then we are a sad lot indeed. That's why I'm not concerned about the economy, it will fix itself if people do the right thing and if we have any modicum of decency left.

(post by marikievansclkers removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Update from the Netherlands 17/03/2020 part two.

1705 confirmed cases.

292 new patients.

The government decided to let it spread, let's see what happens further down the line.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Chrysler workers walk off job over virus fears. This is right down the street from my house. My cousin worked at the corner grocery store. He walked off the job. He lives with me and my grandmother and didn't want to chance infecting us. He came into contact with thousands of people a week. People around here don't have the greatest hygiene or practice covering their mouths. They'll walk up and cough in your face.

www.ttnews.com...

DDOT bus drivers refusing to drive routes with coronavirus concerns; service shut down
Drivers say amount of passengers on bus is breaking governor order, CDC recommendation

www.clickondetroit.com...
edit on 17-3-2020 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Euro 2020 postponed for a year by Uefa

The tournament was due to have been held this year from 12 June to 12 July in host cities of 12 countries right across Europe, including London, Glasgow and Dublin.

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   
My state is updating "official" numbers once a day by 1PM on this site - will report in later when I have news www.healthvermont.gov...

In the meantime, I wake up to my better half who tells me the owner of a gourmet deli we shop at called Vermont Meat & Seafood right down the street from us is confirmed to have the virus (thank God I didn't use that coupon for 20% off Norwegian Salmon, I almost went there last week!) - haven't been in over a month so happy about that BUT this tells me it is for sure right on my doorstep. Counting down the next 2 days after which I plan to self-isolate and work from home

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Oh, and one of my tropical fish named Fyodor who is a tequila sunrise guppy is laying on the floor of my fish tank due to stress.. don't think he's going to make it. But my rabbit Cooper is doing great
Much love ATS

(post by JamieJJones removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Well this is going to be disturbing for everyone. Restaurants and bars are now closed for 4 weeks in our area. So everyone had to resort to cooking their meals at home. I started but then there was no gas. I thought it was a fluke at first, but no gas at all.I had a back up meal so we were fine.
This morning we have gas. I am making our supper now so we will not add more strain to the system.
Much earlier before all of this blew up I was wondering if there would be an interruption in any of our essential services. I am so glad I have been following this from the beginning on this site. I took all of our propane tanks to get refilled. When the guy at the refill center saw all of the tanks he looked deep in thought. I told him I was planning to BBQ since the weather was so nice.
Yep. He handed me a frequent refill card and told me I was going to need it.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thoughtful1
Well this is going to be disturbing for everyone. Restaurants and bars are now closed for 4 weeks in our area. So everyone had to resort to cooking their meals at home. I started but then there was no gas. I thought it was a fluke at first, but no gas at all.I had a back up meal so we were fine.
This morning we have gas. I am making our supper now so we will not add more strain to the system.
Much earlier before all of this blew up I was wondering if there would be an interruption in any of our essential services. I am so glad I have been following this from the beginning on this site. I took all of our propane tanks to get refilled. When the guy at the refill center saw all of the tanks he looked deep in thought. I told him I was planning to BBQ since the weather was so nice.
Yep. He handed me a frequent refill card and told me I was going to need it.

I am on good terms with my propane guy. I use a small heater for my living room, and one for my shed, run off 20lb tanks. So I am down there twice a week. Took all my tanks down the other day. I was masked and gloved, and he was all for it. Two employees called in sick that morning, he was hoping it was not the virus. I have not been down since, I have enough propane for a month or so.

What do we do if they close stores though. I can burn wood, but propane is easier.
edit on 17-3-2020 by MrRCflying because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: FellowHuman
a reply to: saladfingers123456

I think the issue is that it's not very easy to understand the diagram, I dont really understand what it's saying. Explaining what it's saying would be helpful.

But any crisis is going to impact an economy, that's why i don't understand the concern about it. The truth is money doesnt make the world go around, people do. We don't actually need money to help people/get food/medicine, we need human will, effort, and action. If we need "money" in order to survive, then we are a sad lot indeed. That's why I'm not concerned about the economy, it will fix itself if people do the right thing and if we have any modicum of decency left.

Well, you are right, of course. But here's the thing, you're probably a decent person. Decent people look out of their window on the world and have expectations that everyone else probably see it all in the same way. Though many will, there are a lot (A LOT) who do not. Invested in the system. Selfish vs selfless.
For all the good voices you notice, how many voices do you eyeroll at and put out of your mind?

I share your view, and in fact I made a post before all this about a world without money... people not driven by profit and instead the common good. But, in the world we are emerging from, many people are very systemic. The more invested they are in what they have, the more they are driven by gain, not helping others. Desperately trying to climb that pyramid.

Right now, the most selfless are at the front lines in health services being infected up to the eyeballs. Once they are overwhelmed, well... I guess you've not met anyone who cries hell over minor inconvenience. Those people, in panic and without authority to keep them will overwhelm and disrupt any and all good intention.
I don't want to sound like a pessimist, but this is absolutely a reality and has been ramped up over the last 20-30 years.

This is why I am suprised so many don't see the issues up ahead. Not everyone thinks like you sadly... but actually, that is actually the crux of the matter! Unless you can wake up a majority to that way of thinking, then the ride is going to be a rough one. I'd like to think that most here are actually more on your side of the fence than the other.

I'm not concerned for the economy, because that is the barrier that actually stops a better future taking place at this point. God help us if "the powers that be" try to swoop in with a saviour new economy. I for one will be rejecting it and investing in co-operation and friendship... helping people. Money only really serves those that want to control others. So long as knowledge is maintained, we can move forward.
Well, hey, that's just me.

p.s. The diagram says the complete flow of money has pretty much halted or is hindered, which is why the markets are crashing. So long as the event continues, the supply train remains stuck, money doesn't move, people suffer, panic, businesses close, fire all their staff who then have no money to spend or invest, shunt shunt shunt... basically.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Ummm.... Just thought of something.

Will they allow people to go into a bank with a mask on?

My mother wanted me to pull some cash from the bank. I don't really want to go out, if I do, I will have either a N95, or P100 respirator and gloves at the minimum.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

My husband delivers parts for Chrysler here in Michigan. He told me about people walking off last night.

He's kind of worried about his job kind of not. 🤷‍♀️ Transportation with a great driving record. I told him things always need to be moved.

top topics

<< 96  97  98    100  101  102 >>

join