It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 90
<< 87  88  89    91  92  93 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: celltypespecific
OMG another DEATH in the UNITED STATES.....

Yeah....its just the flu....

THE OTHER 3 are in CRITICAL CONDITION!!!!

Stop, this happened earlier today dude........im starting to think now youre either trolling the thread or trying to incite, with the giant all caps and spamming of the board........

Weve known this for about 8 hours now......its 1 death and they were older with compromised system prior to the virus

ITS 2 DEATH TWO DEATH!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 08:01 PM
link   

THIS IS NOT THE FLU!!!!!!!!

twitter.com...

I know......the transmitter was a nurse at the facility..........its a long term care facility.......lined earlier today.....the Twitter time stamp doesnt mean its not already been reported.........

Many twitter accounts repeatedly post things through out the day.......

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Coronavirus reported at Sarasota hospital

SARASOTA - A patient at Doctors Hospital of Sarasota is being treated for coronavirus, according to a letter distributed to patients and obtained by the Sun. The letter from Sunday states the hospital was notified by the Centers for Disease Control that "we have a patient in our facility who presumptively tested positive for COVID-19." The letter states the hospital has "activated all protocols for handling potential COVID-19 cases," it said in a reported letter to its patients. This would be Florida's first reported case of COVID-19, commonly known as coronavirus. Coronavirus, according to the World Health Organization, causes respiratory infections "ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases." COVID-19 is the newest coronavirus. The new ailment began, apparently, in China and has wrapped its way around the world - infecting tens of thousands. While it is still new and a vaccine is likely at least a year away, it has caused death in about 2 percent of its victims. However, health officials stress, many people may show little or no symptoms. Doctors Hospital stated in its letter its coronavirus patient "was admitted to our facility in late February and remains under our care," the letter states. Doctors Hospital Communications Director Monica Yadav said she could not comment on the case, referring inquiries to the CDC. "No information can be related at this time," Yadav said Sunday night. The Sun was awaiting word for the CDC. Several messages had been left with the government agency. A patient at the hospital provided the letter on social media after overhearing employees and volunteers discuss the patient. "I pretended I did not hear anything and warned my family not to visit me, until further notice," the patient wrote to The Sun in a text exchange. The patient's identity is being withheld due to their concern it may affect their care. The patient said the information was first heard Sunday morning. The patient said an official "came later on to hand all patients the letter and informed us that the patient is properly secured and they have all guidelines in place." The patient said they didn't see anyone panicking about the situation and that they had not been told anything more Sunday evening. "I asked if we were safe, and he said yes, but I don't feel so sure," the patient said. "There is another gentleman across from me coughing and sneezing like crazy." Email: [email protected] - This is breaking news and may be updated.

Welp it’s in my backyard now.....

edit on 1-3-2020 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

link   
Yikes it appears likely the Washington cases are from the original WA-1 strain and this guy says its possible CV has been in stealth infection mode in that area for over 6 weeks. Have we seen this before in Italy, S Korea, and Iran!?!

Luckily Im in Florida where they dont even test for it. /sarcasm

Twitter

link   

OMG another DEATH in the UNITED STATES.....

Yeah....its just the flu....

THE OTHER 3 are in CRITICAL CONDITION!!!!

Stop, this happened earlier today dude........im starting to think now youre either trolling the thread or trying to incite, with the giant all caps and spamming of the board........

Weve known this for about 8 hours now......its 1 death and they were older with compromised system prior to the virus

ITS 2 DEATH TWO DEATH!!!!!!

we know.........enough with the caps man.......again , this was already reported.......the facility is an SNF
edit on 3/1/2020 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

THIS IS BREAKING NEWS........

NOT 8 HRS AGO....

WE HAVE ANOTHER DEATH AND 3 ARE CRITICAL!!!!!!!!!!

twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   

NOT 8 HRS AGO....

twitter.com...

How many times are u gonna repost the same thing?

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: sirlancelot
Yikes it appears likely the Washington cases are from the original WA-1 strain and this guy says its possible CV has been in stealth infection mode in that area for over 6 weeks. Have we seen this before in Italy, S Korea, and Iran!?!

Twitter

Pretty sure that we can assume at this point , that anything that has passed the threshold of "death" or even just having to go to the ER because of symptoms, means its been here for anywhere from 2-4 weeks (ish) (so ya 6 weeks isnt out of the ballpark0

From everything weve seen across country lines, it takes that long to get THAT serious, in regular patients, so that means theres that long a transmission period.

I could see how in some (the infirm) where it might not be that long because of immunity issues.........but this seems to be the case.......

Which is what we kind of expected from previous threads (incubation to complications) sounds about right.......if we can figure that out on ATS, you cant tell me the CDC and HHS doesnt know........

Its all damage control at this point......problem is theyve been so full of crap about it, they undermined their objective, which they say was to prevent panic........

This will only incite more because people wont trust them

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: celltypespecific

Alright settle down.. the story has been reported, relax.. I should be the one freaking out corona virus is about 5 mins AWAY from where I am sitting. Sheesh.. chill.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 08:08 PM
link   

NOT 8 HRS AGO....

twitter.com...

At risk of angering an alt-mod, I will respond to your post.

I wonder if anyone at the nursing home gets visits from family members?
That would be another group spreading the virus, in addition to all of the staff that is already suspected of being infected.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Apologies if already discussed...

The team at the @seattleflustudy have sequenced the genome the #COVID19 community case reported yesterday from Snohomish County, WA, and have posted the sequence publicly to gisaid.org.... There are some enormous implications here. 1/9

THREAD:
twitter.com...

Upshot is ground zero Seattle for a much weaker strain of CV active and unnoticed for 6 weeks.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: MaverickLRD

NOT 8 HRS AGO....

twitter.com...

How many times are u gonna repost the same thing?

THIS IS BREAKING>>>>> Like 1 minute ago>>>>> Its not from YESTERDAY>>>>> THIS is BREAKING NEWS.

SO that things are clear It states SECOND death below and this is breaking NOT 8hrs ago:

twitter.com...

edit on 1-3-2020 by celltypespecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

NOT 8 HRS AGO....

twitter.com...

At risk of angering an alt-mod, I will respond to your post.

I wonder if anyone at the nursing home gets visits from family members?
That would be another group spreading the virus, in addition to all of the staff that is already suspected of being infected.

It wouldnt take much, especially if any of the food workers are infected.........im sure they are contacting families at this point (i use to do this work before I went military)......

My mother and I, who still works as a big wig in this field for large assisted living communities were discussing about a week ago the implications if/when it hits these communities........the outlook isnt good.....not good at all.....honestly my heart breaks for them......

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   
UK might be starting to take this a little more seriously now.
www.bbc.co.uk...

I've been worried/aware of this since the beginning pretty much due to the mostly awesome updates on this thread from you fine people.
I've prepped myself as much as I can in case of lockdown so me and my family can survive if need be for a fair while. Powdered milk is nicer than I thought it would be 👍🏻.
Most people at my work and neighbours etc are all saying its just like the flu and there's nothing to worry about.
Once I explain a little they either think I'm nuts or see my point but don't care.
A woman I work with has tickets for Italy vs England in the 6 nations rugby, I think the game will be cancelled but her and her sister are going to goto Rome anyway for a long weekend shopping and drinking.
I personally think she's mental but even with me explaining the situation in Italy she's adamant she's going. It's a crazy world we live in. Stay safe guys

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 08:16 PM
link   

They're right you guys. MSM is reporting second death in the US.

I understand that the caps lock makes them appear to lack credibility, but due diligence would call for at least a fast check of headlines. We're all on edge, but we should judge the information, not the format.

Cellty, please do consider losing the caps lock and red text. Maybe preface with "breaking" or something. Hate to see valid information thrown out or overlooked. There's been plenty of attempts to derail the thread, people are becoming hyper suspicious.

edit on 1-3-2020 by Occam78 because: Update

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Twitter

Its all damage control at this point......problem is theyve been so full of crap about it, they undermined their objective, which they say was to prevent panic........

Agreed on one hand I see where the CDC's, WHO, Govt's are coming from not to cause panic. On the other hand not being straight up may cost people their lives.

Im in S Florida and my state isnt even testing for it and the CDC has strict protocols for who to test. It's like these agencies and govt's are trying the slow roll the inevitable....but at a great risk of more infections.
Im a realtor and Im in the public and in strangers homes every day! i STOPPED SHAKING HANDS EVEN! Many of my clients are Doctors. Many of those Doctors tell me oh its no big deal! They tell me we arent really getting much notices on this.

Anyway as of Friday with 4 transactions closing Im going on vacation so to speak...

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Occam78

Thank-you.

www.kiro7.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Twitter

Agreed on one hand I see where the CDC's, WHO, Govt's are coming from not to cause panic. On the other hand not being straight up may cost people their lives.

Im in S Florida and my state isnt even testing for it and the CDC has strict protocols for who to test. It's like these agencies and govt's are trying the slow roll the inevitable....but at a great risk of more infections.
Im a realtor and Im in the public and in strangers homes every day! i STOPPED SHAKING HANDS EVEN! Many of my clients are Doctors. Many of those Doctors tell me oh its no big deal! They tell me we arent really getting much notices on this.

Anyway as of Friday with 4 transactions closing Im going on vacation so to speak...

I think a big part of it, from what im hearing, and again its just heresay, is the same shtuff we heard from China, about not having the test kits available, and also that some testing in a certain vector yiled a negative, and then others on the other end....literally yield a positive, and that not everyone is doing both.......im sure there are other complications to......

But you add that confusion,l with not having the equipment they need to keep themselves safe, along with not having the testing equipment......you have really really big issue.......

link   

originally posted by: Occam78

Thank-you.

www.kiro7.com...

Must be trying to up his post count

link   
a reply to: MaverickLRD

Enough times for someone to realize they are correct and it is a new case apparently. Headlines are confirming 2 US deaths.

<< 87  88  89    91  92  93 >>

join