It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 87
<< 84  85  86    88  89  90 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind

originally posted by: 38181
a reply to: pasiphae

That would decimate the airlines, doubt that would happen any time soon.

Well, when digital cameras took hold, it decimated the film and film camera industry. These days, no company or industry is safe, eh?

I think we're about to see the decimation of the cruise liner industry.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: slatesteam

I dunno the news coming out of there makes it sound like the bubonic plague. Yea that story was preposterous. I think the biggest problem is Iran, outside of Tehran, is a 3rd world country.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: pasiphae
So since my CA quarantine post was laughed at (and I removed it - tweet from random source about a "whistleblower") I'm wondering what many of you think will happen. Lots of people stocking up on food...... is that because some of us might wind up on home quarantine? If you don't think cities will be locked down are we just stocking up in case we're told to stay home? At the press conference yesterday Dr Fauci said something along the lines of "We're going to be doing within what we've been doing without" and it was KIND OF clear he was talking about travel within the US (several posts about that part of what he said). He said we'd restricted travel from certain countries and then talked about doing the same "within".

Anyway, thoughts about what things are going to look like by the end of March? Lots of people stocking up for a month.... I assumed cities would go on "lockdown" similar to the way it's been done elsewhere but I guess that was silly for me to consider.

I’d guess a huge reason people are buying extra food to store is because they know how Americans act before a snow/ice storm.

People think they need to do a run on bread and milk when they might be snowed in for a day or two. It’s a Midwest/northern United States thing.

People fear a major national run on good and supplies at the store and then the shelves not being replenished for a long time because supply chains are severely disrupted .

Even when a Walmart will receive a semi, a new run on that food would happen, and be chaotic . Who knows how long it would be til things are normal. If everyone was sick, it would complicate everything even more .

Btw I ventured into Coronavirus territory today :0
I should have worn a mask and gloves .
edit on 1-3-2020 by elitegamer23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam

What kinda stuff in CA....?

I have to assume this person was not comfortable saying more than what they said. I really wish I knew but my other assumption is they know of a LOT more cases. The CDC is probably noting any calls for test requests and we are not being informed of "suspected cases".

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Weird. There were more videos of the tsunami wave than there are of the tseumonia wave.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Australia Update

Well, according to the "official gubment data" we're now at 29 cases, that's up 4 or possibly 3 from yesterday, depends on your source. Also.............none of them have arrived from Iran, apparently.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Thanks - yeah I can imagine how hard that would be in reality - more likely a shutdown of events and social spaces, stuff like that, at least for now.
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

I don't believe it, I know for a fact medical centres, pharmacies hospitals etc have had briefings there may be issues in the near future from this virus, there's a lot going on behind closed doors.

I bet the numbers are higher, time will tell either way.

Eta...this a perfect vector for another wealth transfer, markets and economy are surely being manipulated.
edit on 1-3-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Thank you. Outside of Alaska, CA and TX happen to be the largest states in the lower 48.....

Would you be so kind to ask? If you’re comfortable?

I assume the AFBs in TX and CA could house quite a bit of hardware. Assuming the gov’t wanted to secure these states, they’d need it. I’d be looking for movement at night

Uncle Sam is gonna be in for a rough ride if they think the liberals here in CA are gonna be cool with not being able to vote on Tuesday 3/3....

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

I suppose ANYTHING is possible, but it would take an absolutely MASSIVE amount of personnel and equipment to enforce a quarantine in california, so many ways in and out, and to maintain that.......Having been mobilized several times and deployed over seas.......I mean ......I just cant imagine them trying to do that here with any amount of effectiveness.

I could see the resquests to shelter in place in certain areas, shutting down of schools and social areas etc in an order to curb virus spread.

We have prepared here with several months worth of goods if something were to happen, my reason isnt so much a "shelter in place" order as much as a situation where it gets bad, and all those people who told us we were blowing things out of proportion, suddenly find themselves in a position where they DIDNT prepare, and now they are basically raiding the grocery stores and such for supplies.

In either case we dont have to worry about it........

Again full on Hollywood style quarantine , I just cant see that happening........and you would definitely notice it, the troop and equipment movements wouldnt be "Well thats more than usual" it would be like a full on invasion force mobilizing at speed in order to be in place with as little resistance as possible......

But i can only speak from my military experience......

I guess I just didn't envision it with full on hollywood style. More like what's been done in Japan and Italy. It's being done elsewhere without massive military movement... millions of people are on lockdown outside of the US.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthJava

I run a business in the Wash DC area and today I went to 2 separate Home Depots to get some masks for upcoming jobs and NONE were available. They were all sold out. I will try again tomorrow at Lowes and some other smaller merchants. This thing is getting out of hand and the fear is affecting everything around it.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam

Thank you. Outside of Alaska, CA and TX happen to be the largest states in the lower 48.....

Would you be so kind to ask? If you’re comfortable?

I assume the AFBs in TX and CA could house quite a bit of hardware. Assuming the gov’t wanted to secure these states, they’d need it. I’d be looking for movement at night

Uncle Sam is gonna be in for a rough ride if they think the liberals here in CA are gonna be cool with not being able to vote on Tuesday 3/3....

I think the HUGE things she was talking about is numbers of infected. I do know that 2 TX military bases (one in my city - one in a nearby city) had people in quarantine but since being informed of that it's been completely silent. Basically this thing is going to blow up here like it has in Iran and Americans aren't really mentally prepared for something like this. I think the cousin was just trying to say "this is real and it's big so be prepared".

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I have visited people in hospital in the UK when we have had outbreaks of the (less serious but highly contagious)Norovirus.
When that happens,often in the winter-the hospitals have hand sanitizer stations at the doors of each ward,and have a nurse in the vicinity who makes sure everyone going in or out washes their hands properly.
IMO,They should have that type of thing at ALL points of "high touch"areas in and around affected areas-It could be rolled out fast,cheap and not interfere much with peoples day-and it would help alot.
At train/bus stations,shopping areas,banks-anywhere people touch public stuff like hand rails/ATMs/card transaction machines.
Simple stuff like that,and providing masks in certain heavy traffic areas could help alot I think,and would certainly be cheaper and less disruptive than full on military lockdowns.
Of course this should have been done a month back,but better late than never.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Argen
Weird. There were more videos of the tsunami wave than there are of the tseumonia wave.

Actually there are tons

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I guess I just didn't envision it with full on hollywood style. More like what's been done in Japan and Italy. It's being done elsewhere without massive military movement... millions of people are on lockdown outside of the US.

Well 1 Italy is a vastly smaller area, with much smaller population density

And china rules their people with an iron fist , at the threat of death.........and the people know it.....this is the same country that rounds up people who subscribe to a dif religion than the state sanctions, and disappears them forever......

Even then there was resistance, and the CCP mobilized really quickly.......We werent privy to all the massive movements because teh CCP keeps a lockdown on everything coming out of there in the way of media........even then we saw videos that were leaked on Wechat before they stop that as well.

So those are the main differences you see there......
edit on 3/1/2020 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   

ATTENTION.....
This thread is for Corona Virus UPDATES!!!
...not chit chat, political trolling, bigoted comments, ill-mannered remarks toward members or arguing....

Some NON-UPDATE threads here, feel free to join in:
Events and services impacted by Coronavirus

COVID-19 Coronavirus home prevention tips

Cures DB2]: Flu Immunity and Cytokine Prevention

Are you doing anything differently because of Coronavirus?

Diseases and Pandemics:: Medical Disclaimer
This thread is NOT for discussion of alternative medical treatment of illnesses!!!

Members who continue to disrupt will face temporary posting bans. ATS will not allow the few to ruin it for everyone.

Go after the ball not the player.

Community Announcement re: Decorum

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility WILL face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   
My speculation triggered by areal quarantine discussion, just to spur more thinking:

The true basis of US law allows individuals to do "stupid or dangerous things", until they endanger others.

I don't foresee city lockdowns, too difficult to establish or verify restriction criteria, let alone enforce.

Businesses dont need to be ordered to close. They will change operation mode because of potential liability law damages. There is a much lower liability to deliver stuff ordered online than to protect people walking into store. Flights may require protective gear, liability releases and become more expensive because of protection measures and modification. People who can telework will be instructed and supported to work from home to preserve the workforce.

Unecessary venues like parks, bars and theaters will close because of liability and the impossibility of protecting patrons. But, the people unemployed by such venues will be needed to prepare deliver goods for online orders. Similarly, uber drivers will not have many passengers, but much more package delivery work.

People who get infected (whether by poor decisions or bad luck) and have mild symptoms will likely be ordered to home quaranteen. Violators may be incarcerated, and/or held liable for damages to others.

If the number of severe cases excedes the health care system capacity, the US government will HAVE to set up federal or state run care facilities. Boutique severe case facility services will likely pop up for people who can afford them, where the care level is "you get what you pay for." Travel sites may repurpose to booking care facilities.

This doesn't look good for US, but it doesnt look horrific either. My best guess ATM is the next few months will be a real PITA, then we will continue on with the "new normal." The losses will be sad, but not extreme.

'Course one or two more added twists could change everything.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Steve Lookner
@lookner
California hospital where two health care workers have now tested preliminary positive for coronavirus confirms that when the hospital was caring for the person who would eventually test positive for coronavirus, workers were not wearing coronavirus-specific protective equipment

twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Apologies if I missed the response if there was one, but around p 60 I’d inquired about the CA (2) and TX AFBs and Ashland Nat’l Guard Base/UNMC that are housing the repatriated and quarantined Diamond Princess folks...

Any word from the surrounding areas?
Thank you in advance

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Attention!!!!

All quotes from other websites and screenshots from places like Twitter need sources, or they may be removed.
Please limit the length of your quotes.

This thread is not exempt from ATS copyright rules.
IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
Posting work written by others

Do NOT reply to this post.

<< 84  85  86    88  89  90 >>

join