It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 85
<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   
sorry double post
edit on 1-3-2020 by cirrus12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: MrRCflying

We don’t know that really just estimates. That was 102 yrs ago. 🤔

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   
As I said...pay attention to what they Do...not what they Say......

I wonder how many hospital the USA will build...??

www.presstv.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

I am waiting for a freeze on the market. People here are saying that it wont happen. I am waiting and seeing how it goes this week.

THE MARKET WILL DEFINITELY FREEZE THIS WEEK.

THE DOW FUTURES OPEN IN A COUPLE OF MINUTES............

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

Kind of figure that. I did not try to look them up, I just thought maybe someone had done some study up on it.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: scubagravy
DOES ANYONE HAVE NEWS ON OUR MATES IN NORTH KOREA?

Sounds about right.🙄

"Supreme leader Kim Jong Un Threatens To Execute Politburo Members If They Fail To Contain Coronavirus Outbreak."
Not sure how much truth to the story but wouldn't be surprised.
Zerohedge

Kill everything that coughs. Anti Corona Rx Pyongyang style.

Pandemics and Preparation the North Korean Way

Nobody really knows but suffice to say it's likely they will not go unscathed like they did with SARS.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: celltypespecific

originally posted by: pasiphae
I know lots of people here follow Cotrell so.......... YIKES

Drew Maw
@drewmaw
Dr. Paul Cotrell on YouTube received whistleblower text warning of #coronavirus Northern California quarantine by FEMA Monday morning March 2nd, “nobody leaves,” likely Sacramento, San Francisco, Solano, unsure about Redding, Shasta, Tehama, Eureka and other low lying areas.

twitter.com...

The above is garbage.... people please use critical thinking faculties during the next few days.

I cant believe people would even buy that...........theres no way you could enforce that, and if that were the case we would have seen MASSIVE military build up in the area in the last few days..........

Good lord......being cautious is one thing, being absurdly gullible is another...........this is exactly how governments would stop the flow of information, by citing things like this disinfo people spread........

This is how the government says "Right no more posts on coronovirus on Twitter or Facebook unless WEVE posted them"

Sigh... from comments I'm not the only one thinking cities could go on lockdown just like China (which Trump has repeatedly praised the way they handled it). I shared it since a lot of people watch his videos and this IS a conspiracy site. Some conspiracies drip in this thread. I saw it and thought I'd share. Probably total bunk as you both say.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: MrRCflying

When an infected person sneezes or coughs, more than half a million virus particles can spread to those nearby.[39] The close quarters and massive troop movements of World War I hastened the pandemic, and probably both increased transmission and augmented mutation. The war may also have increased the lethality of the virus. Some speculate the soldiers' immune systems were weakened by malnourishment, as well as the stresses of combat and chemical attacks, increasing their susceptibility.[40][41] A large factor in the worldwide occurrence of this flu was increased travel. Modern transportation systems made it easier for soldiers, sailors, and civilian travelers to spread the disease.[42] In the United States, the disease was first observed in Haskell County, Kansas, in January 1918, prompting local doctor Loring Miner to warn the U.S. Public Health Service's academic journal. On 4 March 1918, company cook Albert Gitchell, from Haskell County, reported sick at Fort Riley, an American military facility that at the time was training American troops during World War I, making him the first recorded victim of the flu[...]

The World Health Organization estimates that 2–3% of those who were infected died (case-fatality ratio).[51] It is estimated that approximately 30 million were killed by the flu, or about 1.7% of the world population died.[52] Other estimates range from 17 to 55 million fatalities.[53][54][55][56][57] This flu killed more people in 24 weeks than HIV/AIDS killed in 24 years.[58] However, the Black Death killed a much higher percentage of the world's then smaller population[...]

Estimated to have a r0 mean of about 2 during the pandemic.

Here is a link of some grim, information.

WIKIPEDIA

edit on Sun Mar 1 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed long quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Drew Maw
@drewmaw
Dr. Paul Cotrell on YouTube received whistleblower text warning of #coronavirus Northern California quarantine by FEMA Monday morning March 2nd, “nobody leaves,” likely Sacramento, San Francisco, Solano, unsure about Redding, Shasta, Tehama, Eureka and other low lying areas.

twitter.com...

The above is garbage.... people please use critical thinking faculties during the next few days.

I cant believe people would even buy that...........theres no way you could enforce that, and if that were the case we would have seen MASSIVE military build up in the area in the last few days..........

Good lord......being cautious is one thing, being absurdly gullible is another...........this is exactly how governments would stop the flow of information, by citing things like this disinfo people spread........

This is how the government says "Right no more posts on coronovirus on Twitter or Facebook unless WEVE posted them"

Sigh... from comments I'm not the only one thinking cities could go on lockdown just like China (which Trump has repeatedly praised the way they handled it). I shared it since a lot of people watch his videos and this IS a conspiracy site. Some conspiracies drip in this thread. I saw it and thought I'd share. Probably total bunk as you both say.

Im not shooting you, the messenger bud, im just talking about in general, and how people on twitter will spread literally anything lol.......

And we do appreciate it you sharing.........so dont mistake our disbelief to be projected on to you

Im just saying you would DEFINITELY know......the sort of manpower it takes to do something like that, theres absolutely NO WAY military movements like that would go unnoticed or reported....

I remember what it took just do do drill some weekends and what an epic pain in the ass that was........
edit on 3/1/2020 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   
So since my CA quarantine post was laughed at (and I removed it - tweet from random source about a "whistleblower") I'm wondering what many of you think will happen. Lots of people stocking up on food...... is that because some of us might wind up on home quarantine? If you don't think cities will be locked down are we just stocking up in case we're told to stay home? At the press conference yesterday Dr Fauci said something along the lines of "We're going to be doing within what we've been doing without" and it was KIND OF clear he was talking about travel within the US (several posts about that part of what he said). He said we'd restricted travel from certain countries and then talked about doing the same "within".

Anyway, thoughts about what things are going to look like by the end of March? Lots of people stocking up for a month.... I assumed cities would go on "lockdown" similar to the way it's been done elsewhere but I guess that was silly for me to consider.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Power_Semi
Another one in the UK in Ilkley - that's literally just up the road from me.

www.strayfm.com...

On developing symptoms she drove herself to hospital. I hope she called ahead...
She travelled to Italy. There have to be more cases there for these to spring up everywhere?
Scary when it's on your doorstep.
Article says 36 in UK but that's 37 now with Scotland?

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Perspective TIME OUT:
Last winter COMMON flu killed 80,000 Americans.

Right - so we should keep that firmly in mind when preparing for this outbreak. This spreads much more easily than the flu, with a much higher fatality rate.

In one coronavirus season - what will we be saying? We should be preparing for the months to come, not for the 'now.'

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Drew Maw
@drewmaw

twitter.com...

Im not shooting you, the messenger bud, im just talking about in general, and how people on twitter will spread literally anything lol.......

And we do appreciate it you sharing.........so dont mistake our disbelief to be projected on to you

Im just saying you would DEFINITELY know......the sort of manpower it takes to do something like that, theres absolutely NO WAY military movements like that would go unnoticed or reported....

I remember what it took just do do drill some weekends and what an epic pain in the ass that was........

Thanks for clarifying that. I'm rather sensitive on the regular anyway LOL! My assumption was that flights would be stopped. Not that borders to states or cities would be monitored. Just flight restrictions and being told to stay home.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   

twitter.com...

Clear out all witnesses. 🤔

link   
a reply to: pasiphae

I am not taking quarantine Off of the table. Quarantine in a sense of closing schools public facilities churches etc. it’s draconian, but there is history that shows we have done it before. This virus is starting similar to a common, cold but we have to be vigilant, it can mutate to become more lethal, let me be clear, that Is not fear mongering it is the science of a virus.
edit on 1-3-2020 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

link   
ITB Berlin, travel show canceled in Berlin
www.itb-berlin.com...

link   

That would decimate the airlines, doubt that would happen any time soon.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Perspective TIME OUT:
Last winter COMMON flu killed 80,000 Americans.

Right - so we should keep that firmly in mind when preparing for this outbreak. This spreads much more easily than the flu, with a much higher fatality rate.

In one coronavirus season - what will we be saying? We should be preparing for the months to come, not for the 'now.'

I'm just going over part 1 of the thread to remind myself of how this all started and to ask myself if I'm crazy for still following this story so closely rather than watching inane TV.

On Jan 24th Agit8dChop wrote that there were 830 confirmed cases of coronavirus in mainland China. 25 deaths. Now, we all suspect those cases to be gross under reporting but they shut down millions of people for way less than S Korea and Italy and Iran have at present.

That is stark; they had the manpower and many countries won't.
Not that I'm commending their actions but it is mind blowing.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   

So since my CA quarantine post was laughed at (and I removed it - tweet from random source about a "whistleblower") I'm wondering what many of you think will happen. Lots of people stocking up on food...... is that because some of us might wind up on home quarantine? If you don't think cities will be locked down are we just stocking up in case we're told to stay home? At the press conference yesterday Dr Fauci said something along the lines of "We're going to be doing within what we've been doing without" and it was KIND OF clear he was talking about travel within the US (several posts about that part of what he said). He said we'd restricted travel from certain countries and then talked about doing the same "within".

Anyway, thoughts about what things are going to look like by the end of March? Lots of people stocking up for a month.... I assumed cities would go on "lockdown" similar to the way it's been done elsewhere but I guess that was silly for me to consider.

I brought that up right after the press conference yesterday. It was clear he was talking about limiting travel into and out of infected areas.

Personally, I have been preparing for years, just in case. Topped it off this week. My plan is if things get iffy in the area, to "shelter in place". I have 6+ months of food for my family of 5. If I take my elderly mother in, it will bring that down a little.

Rather or not my area is locked down, I don't want this crap. I had the "swine flu", and had a fever for 14 days. It was tough crap. I expect this to be like that.

Not to mention, my mother is 85, with multiple health problems. I don't want to pass it to her, or have her get it. I don't think she would make it through.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   
it's not silly at all to consider - it's already a reality in some parts of the world - e.g. in Italy.
If someone had told me before this situation that some parts of Italy would be on a forced lockdown with a 3 month prison sentence for non compliance, I would have NOT believed it! But it is happening.
I think it's easier to lock down smaller zones, much harder for bigger cities with multiple roads in and out.
I believe the tweet could be real, but I would expect some build up or hints to it in the mentioned places e.g. San Fran which is huge. Unless the army could just roll up super quick and start blockades...
A question to military people here - is that possible? Would the military have to give notice for these types of things for the public to prepare or can it be done without warning? I have no idea about that.

top topics

<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join