It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 86
<< 83  84  85    87  88  89 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Holi festival in India NOT canceled:

www.holifestival.org...

On the day of Holika dahan, a special type of Puja has to be performed so as to keep children and the other family members in good of the health and keep away from them all types of evils.
(..The Irony )

The fun bit:
Lathmar Holi, There is the tradition of beating up the men by women in the village of Nandgaon and Barsana which is performed a week before the Holi celebration. Lathmar Holi in 2020:

edit on 1-3-2020 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: cirrus12
I think the cycles thing is a theory (happy to be proved wrong on that though)
But yeah I think the mutation idea is real - it seems to be a little different in Italy and then Iran is its own entity (if local reports are to be believed)

China shutting down the lab that sequenced the genome is hugely worrying. Not only does it hinder efforts to find a cure/vaccine but looks soo suspicious. But that nugget of info will not be even discussed en mass by the MSM and our govt.
Maybe they know the truth already. I bet they do.

a reply to: angelchemuel

I think this coincides with their (CCP) recent (yesterday?) mandate to destroy all virus-related documentation etc. I suspect they closed the place down to "scrub" it before the researchers could save any data.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: checkmeout

originally posted by: Power_Semi
Another one in the UK in Ilkley - that's literally just up the road from me.

www.strayfm.com...

On developing symptoms she drove herself to hospital. I hope she called ahead...
She travelled to Italy. There have to be more cases there for these to spring up everywhere?
Scary when it's on your doorstep.
Article says 36 in UK but that's 37 now with Scotland?

The one in Ilkley might have already been accounted for in the 12 new cases - that had 2 in Leeds, and she went to a Leeds hospital.

Or they're slow in updating the numbers, the news report did say she made it 36.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

bnonews.com...

There are currently 88,357 confirmed cases worldwide, including 3,000 fatalities.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Strict quarantine can work - although probably more challenging in this day and age:

Gunnison Colorado: the town that dodged the 1918 Spanish flu virus

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I posted on my Facebook page about my silly whistleblower thing regarding quarantining part of Northern CA and that I have a recurring nightmare where there's a big global event and my husband is in another city and we can't get back to each other. He's currently in the county where the first US death is on a biz trip..... so I'm having anxiety about something big happening before he gets on the plane Tues afternoon.

ANYWAY.... lots of friends telling me to chill out it's all ok they'd never do that and then someone commented this:

"A friend of mine has a cousin who’s a professor at Texas A&M and he’s also somehow connected (consultant?) to the Center for Disease Control. She texted me on Wednesday and said that her cousin told her to go prepare for this thing to be HUGE! And he said there was stuff going on in California that no one is talking about. He said California and Texas are predicted to be hit the worst.

He told her to get a month’s worth of food, flu meds, and masks now because you won’t be able to get them later.

I thought it was sounding crazy but now I’m not so sure."

This is an ACTUAL friend of mine (I'm an artist so I have lots of local artists on my friend list I don't personally know) and she's kinda nutty but she never b.s.'s. I've known her for 5 or so years and she's not one to overreact so NOW I'm actually for real concerned.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Fallas of València (Spain) Not canceled:

19 DAYS OF ACTION FOR ANY TASTE

www.visitvalencia.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I also scrolled down on that Twitter post you linked and someone shared a short video of a fair few national guard soldiers - she said 3 buses worth. Unclear what they are doing - someone else said there is a national guard base nearby. But she said she had never seen so many at one time.
I guess it won't be easy to hide for too long if troops start moving around certain states with equipment etc etc.

a reply to: pasiphae

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   

DUBAI (Reuters) - As the new coronavirus spreads across Iran, the epicenter of the outbreak in the Middle East, so a feeling of anxiety grows among many Iranians, some of whom worry the clerical establishment has not got a firm grip on the illness.

Every day trucks filled with disinfectants spray down streets, shrines, public parks, trash bins, public toilets and markets in Qom, Tehran and other areas that have had cases of infection.

State TV showed workers wiping down metro and bus stations.

“The smell of disinfectants has become my nightmare,” said retired teacher Ziba Rezaie, 62, from Qom. “The city smells like a cemetery, a morgue.”

The escalating outbreak in Iran has killed 54 people and infected 978, according to the Health Ministry on Sunday.

Authorities have called on Iranians to avoid public places and stay at home, while schools, universities, cultural and sports centers have been temporarily closed across the country. [....]

Iran, is getting hammered.

Fear, distrust and disinfectant in the air amid Iran's coronavirus outbreak
edit on Sun Mar 1 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed MASSIVE quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   

What kinda stuff in CA....?

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: pasiphae
I posted on my Facebook page about my silly whistleblower thing regarding quarantining part of Northern CA and that I have a recurring nightmare where there's a big global event and my husband is in another city and we can't get back to each other. He's currently in the county where the first US death is on a biz trip..... so I'm having anxiety about something big happening before he gets on the plane Tues afternoon.

ANYWAY.... lots of friends telling me to chill out it's all ok they'd never do that and then someone commented this:

"A friend of mine has a cousin who’s a professor at Texas A&M and he’s also somehow connected (consultant?) to the Center for Disease Control. She texted me on Wednesday and said that her cousin told her to go prepare for this thing to be HUGE! And he said there was stuff going on in California that no one is talking about. He said California and Texas are predicted to be hit the worst.

He told her to get a month’s worth of food, flu meds, and masks now because you won’t be able to get them later.

I thought it was sounding crazy but now I’m not so sure."

This is an ACTUAL friend of mine (I'm an artist so I have lots of local artists on my friend list I don't personally know) and she's kinda nutty but she never b.s.'s. I've known her for 5 or so years and she's not one to overreact so NOW I'm actually for real concerned.

my son is in Texas. hmmm

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Then I find this.. Really?

A local cleric from the Iranian city of Qom has suggested a novel cure for the new coronavirus - the pre-bedtime rectal administration of violet leaf oil. Users on Twitter describe how the Ayatollah Tabrizian has publicly denounced Western medicine as "un-Islamic". In a post to over 120,000 followers on the social messaging service Telegram, Tabrizian, a purveyor of traditional Islam medicine, listed several alternative techniques for fighting the spread of the contagious disease, known as Covid-19.

That may explain Iran, archaic beliefs vs a virus.

Applying essential oil to anus 'cures coronavirus': Iranian cleric

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Finland has now 6 confirmed cases.. next week will propably show us how numbers will rise. There were a woman who visited Italy and in her close contacs 3 were infected, one of them was his son who went to school as normal even he was a bit sick. This young man had contacts with 130 people.

Next link shows how poorly Finnish system works in these cases. It is an shout out call of a father whos children are sick at home and one of his kids had a shared lesson with the boy who contacted 130 people , His kids don´t get tested even how many times they have contacted hospital, the instructions are so incredibly stupid.

LINK

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   
International day of Happiness NOT canceled
(subject to change)

International Day for the Right to the Truth concerning Gross Human Rights Violations and for the Dignity of Victims
(canceled in CHINA forever)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   

I suppose ANYTHING is possible, but it would take an absolutely MASSIVE amount of personnel and equipment to enforce a quarantine in california, so many ways in and out, and to maintain that.......Having been mobilized several times and deployed over seas.......I mean ......I just cant imagine them trying to do that here with any amount of effectiveness.

I could see the resquests to shelter in place in certain areas, shutting down of schools and social areas etc in an order to curb virus spread.

We have prepared here with several months worth of goods if something were to happen, my reason isnt so much a "shelter in place" order as much as a situation where it gets bad, and all those people who told us we were blowing things out of proportion, suddenly find themselves in a position where they DIDNT prepare, and now they are basically raiding the grocery stores and such for supplies.

In either case we dont have to worry about it........

Again full on Hollywood style quarantine , I just cant see that happening........and you would definitely notice it, the troop and equipment movements wouldnt be "Well thats more than usual" it would be like a full on invasion force mobilizing at speed in order to be in place with as little resistance as possible......

But i can only speak from my military experience......

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Perspective TIME OUT:
Last winter COMMON flu killed 80,000 Americans.

Yep. And remember all those store shelves that were empty because of it? Apples and oranges.
edit on 1-3-2020 by TrulyColorBlind because: Edited three words to be more descriptive and visual.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

I don’t know about curing the virus, but I’m sure there are other reasons this helps ease certain situations....

Is this the kinda stuff going on here in CA?

Because “Iran is getting hammered” is almost kinda funny with regards to that clerics medically inept advice...

edit on 1-3-2020 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-3-2020 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

We have prepared here with several months worth of goods if something were to happen, my reason isnt so much a "shelter in place" order as much as a situation where it gets bad, and all those people who told us we were blowing things out of proportion, suddenly find themselves in a position where they DIDNT prepare, and now they are basically raiding the grocery stores and such for supplies.

Hindsight is 2020 as they say. That might just be proverb of the millennium.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: 38181

That would decimate the airlines, doubt that would happen any time soon.

Well, when digital cameras took hold, it decimated the film and film camera industry. These days, no company or industry is safe, eh?

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: saladfingers123456

Pretty good call. I was thinking more along the lines of

“May you live in interesting times....”

top topics

<< 83  84  85    87  88  89 >>

join