It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 77
<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Good grief MIM, that sounds grim to say the least.
Do you have things like food banks in Japan for people out of work?
Has Japan addressed if they will help those who suddenly have no income and can not afford basic necessities?
I remember seeing ration bags being handed out in a video from Wuhan. Is there anwhere you can aquire information about local charities willing to help those in need?

I know you do a lot of research, but please look into your local communities for help. Is this your own pesonal situation just in your home, or is this situation what is pretty much happening all in your street/area.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Thank you for that...I was wondering about freezing cheese when I was out shopping yesterday and had forgotten to check if I could freeze it ok like milk and butter.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Hi Jane, I have PM'd you.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: misfit312
Regarding the symptoms, silly question maybe but...

Have there been any clarification on TYPE of cough?

Everytime I go to the doctor they seem to ask a million questions about the cough, is it; producing,
non-producing, dry, hacking wheezing, etc.

I just keep hearing 'cough'.

Is there a specific type cough this is showing?

your question about a cough

1. a lingering cough that while eating can cause alarm
2. shortness of breath while using the stairs

the above if followed by a fever for 4 days of a high fever one should go to doctor and explain your contacts and travel

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   
34 deaths in Italy and 1,700 confirmed cases....It's spreading like wild fire!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Another place where the virus could become a massive problem is the Greek/Turkish border-
As Erdogan is using a huge amount of refugees and migrants as a political pawn in his attempts to pressure NATO into helping out Turkey kill more kurds,or as he would say help Syria defeat Assad-thousands of starving cold desperate people are massing at the border attempting to get into the EU.
Whatever anyone thinks about their reasons for doing so,this presents a poential flashpoint if the virus takes hold among those people who are already in a weakened state.
It would only take a few confirmed cases-or even rumours of cases among the migrants to spark a massive riot and push for the border,with desperate people becoming uncontrolable as they attempt to get distance from the infected.
The greek border agencies are holding back most people for now,but they are already stretched.
An outbreak there could spell catastophe in short order.
Lets hope it doesn't happen.
www.reuters.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Thank you for that...I was wondering about freezing cheese when I was out shopping yesterday and had forgotten to check if I could freeze it ok like milk and butter.

Rainbows
Jane

It freezes. It just becomes crumbly.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Rainbows
Jane

Is that right?

That means that in Italy and the UK we've seen an increase in confirmed cases of 50% in one day.

That means the doubling time (time for cases to double) is under 2 days and the numbers are going to go through the roof rapidly.

I guess it's been in these countries for a few weeks and it's only just being seen now as people become symptomatic.

If it carries on at or around that rate Italy will have over 20,000 cases by next Sunday, and the UK will have over 500 - although the Uk maybe not so likely since quite a few of the people being confirmed come from visiting Italy etc rather than it being spread here.

So we might take a bit longer.

But Italy looks in a bad way.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Japan will be going forward with the March Sumo tournament in Osaka, but in front of no spectators—which will be a first.
[youtu.be...]
edit on 3/1/2020 by Gumshoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   
In the UK... in my sleepy town in the midlands, I see zero signs that anyone is doing anything at all that isn't normal. Cafes and pubs are busy, shops are standard. Nothing missing from the shelves, no shortage of anything that I noticed.
I think if I mentioned to anyone that I was buying ahead, they'd laugh in my face or give me funny looks.

However, I've just bought ahead, so it is just saving on regular shopping, albeit with a little more long term storage in mind. I'd recommend it to anyone.

The thing is, when I see all these people going about there business in cafes etc, I just see potential spreaders.
The fact is, the virus is in all parts of the country, and all I see is people/government etc just reacting to people breaking out with the symptoms. If you study the tragectory of the spread, then you have to make an assumption that it has already spread much further than the people found. The unknown, undiagnosed people are still out there, having coffee, going shopping, and continuing the spread.

Then, you listen to the official line, which is "we still have hope", and "we're still in a containment phase". But if you look at the nature of the spread, then you should already know that at some point, it is going to surpass their ability to test and cure it. If you listen to how they talk, and the plans they already have, then you know that they know this too and are trying to avoid panic. But the rhetoric for the smart needs to be ignored, and understand that they already know that it will go beyond. They've already admitted that they are quite willing in the UK to quarantine a city. That means, ignoring hope and a miracle, that they WILL quarantine a city.

Furthermore, if it gets that bad that they will quarantine a city, then in Britain, where no where is really all that far from anywhere else, the spread will very likely be equal across the country.

I feel it is unwise to trust in political figures "hopes". The only real hope would be in the virus turning benign. So far, there doesn't seem to be any signs of that, and that singular hope has nothing to do with the efforts of governments.

So if you're on here, and from the UK, I'd be thinking about some reasonable preparations. I'd not bother trying to warn those that seem blissfully unaware, because they won't thank you for it. They'll come to their own moment of realisation, and that is their choice. Pay day has just hit most, so rather than go buy that "thing" you don't really need... go spend it on long term food stuff that you will eat anyway. There is no loss with this approach... and if it all blows over, you have lost nothing.

But the greatest threat here in the UK (and elsewhere probably) is complacency. Corona is invisible, and most people only react to what they see. When they see it everywhere, then they are probably already infected and will go rushing to the shops, making it worse. Just be smart, avoid that and have a calm, thought out shop, and then consider staying in and doing all those things you promised yourself you'd get around to. Make excuses to drinking buddies and social commitments... they'll all do fine without you for a few weeks.

This isn't panic, this is rational. The irrational are out there carrying on as normal.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Power_Semi

Rainbows
Jane

Is that right?

That means that in Italy and the UK we've seen an increase in confirmed cases of 50% in one day.

That means the doubling time (time for cases to double) is under 2 days and the numbers are going to go through the roof rapidly.

I guess it's been in these countries for a few weeks and it's only just being seen now as people become symptomatic.

If it carries on at or around that rate Italy will have over 20,000 cases by next Sunday, and the UK will have over 500 - although the Uk maybe not so likely since quite a few of the people being confirmed come from visiting Italy etc rather than it being spread here.

So we might take a bit longer.

But Italy looks in a bad way.

It was just reported on Sky news.....I have no link as I just listen to it in the background while I try and work and keep an eye on here
Multi tasking.....

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Power_Semi
This week will be crucial for the UK I think.
Tomorrow Boris and the fools are having a major COBRA meeting to decide what restrictions will be placed on the UK to attempt to prevent further spread of the virus.
From what a doctor on the BBC news was saying,they have done too little too late(big surprise)and will now be attempting to "build trust"with the public,and we may be on the verge of seeing things like big public gatherings(concerts,sports events and the like)being postponed,people being told to work from home where possible and potential travel restrictions to and from affected areas.
None of this is written in stone as of now,but we should get more info tomorrow after the meeting,if the government decide to share with us.
So get ready for some changes to day to day life in the UK.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: saladfingers123456
In the UK... in my sleepy town in the midlands, I see zero signs that anyone is doing anything at all that isn't normal. Cafes and pubs are busy, shops are standard. Nothing missing from the shelves, no shortage of anything that I noticed.
I think if I mentioned to anyone that I was buying ahead, they'd laugh in my face or give me funny looks.

However, I've just bought ahead, so it is just saving on regular shopping, albeit with a little more long term storage in mind. I'd recommend it to anyone.

The thing is, when I see all these people going about there business in cafes etc, I just see potential spreaders.
The fact is, the virus is in all parts of the country, and all I see is people/government etc just reacting to people breaking out with the symptoms. If you study the tragectory of the spread, then you have to make an assumption that it has already spread much further than the people found. The unknown, undiagnosed people are still out there, having coffee, going shopping, and continuing the spread.

Then, you listen to the official line, which is "we still have hope", and "we're still in a containment phase". But if you look at the nature of the spread, then you should already know that at some point, it is going to surpass their ability to test and cure it. If you listen to how they talk, and the plans they already have, then you know that they know this too and are trying to avoid panic. But the rhetoric for the smart needs to be ignored, and understand that they already know that it will go beyond. They've already admitted that they are quite willing in the UK to quarantine a city. That means, ignoring hope and a miracle, that they WILL quarantine a city.

Furthermore, if it gets that bad that they will quarantine a city, then in Britain, where no where is really all that far from anywhere else, the spread will very likely be equal across the country.

I feel it is unwise to trust in political figures "hopes". The only real hope would be in the virus turning benign. So far, there doesn't seem to be any signs of that, and that singular hope has nothing to do with the efforts of governments.

So if you're on here, and from the UK, I'd be thinking about some reasonable preparations. I'd not bother trying to warn those that seem blissfully unaware, because they won't thank you for it. They'll come to their own moment of realisation, and that is their choice. Pay day has just hit most, so rather than go buy that "thing" you don't really need... go spend it on long term food stuff that you will eat anyway. There is no loss with this approach... and if it all blows over, you have lost nothing.

But the greatest threat here in the UK (and elsewhere probably) is complacency. Corona is invisible, and most people only react to what they see. When they see it everywhere, then they are probably already infected and will go rushing to the shops, making it worse. Just be smart, avoid that and have a calm, thought out shop, and then consider staying in and doing all those things you promised yourself you'd get around to. Make excuses to drinking buddies and social commitments... they'll all do fine without you for a few weeks.

This isn't panic, this is rational. The irrational are out there carrying on as normal.

If I could give you 2 stars I would, I think you're exactly right.

Those people just doing what they always do will be the cause of it spreading everywhere.

I think govts have an impossible choice.

If they go full lockdown the country will collapse as everything goes bust.

To avoid that they have to let people carry on and hope it doesn't get too bad.

Either way I think it'll be a disaster in the end.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Drachenfel

And, yes - is all very well stocking up for yourself, but that won't go far if loved ones aren't also prepared, and you would be obliged to share what you have put by. 

I am sorry but I live on the states and I can say that the wife and I discussed this already. We have told and told our family members to stock up a little. They only laugh and scoff at us. I can tell you with a certainty that of my family shows up at my door looking for handouts, it will get bad.

I hope it does not come to that, but if they all think I am crazy and they do not do the simple things to secure a little bit of supplies, then they are on their own.

It's not pride, it is common sense, and if you do not have the common sense to plan ahead and take care of your family, then I do not want you around my family in the time of desperation.

We talked of maybe, possibly, depending on the severity of the situation on taking in the young kids, but that will have to be evaluated when the time comes.

It is not my obligation to take care of multiple family members because they were too ignorant to do the simple things to ensure a little bit of family security.

This might seem harsh. But it is to be expected for being mocked and laughed at. Get your own damned rice.

Now, with that said. If they showed up at my door with supplies and provisions and really wanted to help out around the small acreage and to escape the city. That is another story.

Hopefully it never comes to that.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   
"To liberals (and Chinese officials), it’s unthinkable to keep out people who may carry the virus. In their opinion, the real tragedy would not be thousands of Westerners dying but rather giving up on globalism and mass immigration in response to a deadly global pandemic."
SOURCE

Unbelievable, So now in the U.S. you are practicing Racism if you wish to protect the country by closing the borders or not allowing in everyone. This is madness, I swear it looks like the folks in charge want to spread the virus not stop it.
In my area as of yesterday there does not appear to be any empty shelves or a run on any products, yet. We stocked up days ago, might venture out just to get a few extras, then wait and see what happens next.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01
a reply to: Drachenfel

And, yes - is all very well stocking up for yourself, but that won't go far if loved ones aren't also prepared, and you would be obliged to share what you have put by. 

I am sorry but I live on the states and I can say that the wife and I discussed this already. We have told and told our family members to stock up a little. They only laugh and scoff at us. I can tell you with a certainty that of my family shows up at my door looking for handouts, it will get bad.

I hope it does not come to that, but if they all think I am crazy and they do not do the simple things to secure a little bit of supplies, then they are on their own.

It's not pride, it is common sense, and if you do not have the common sense to plan ahead and take care of your family, then I do not want you around my family in the time of desperation.

We talked of maybe, possibly, depending on the severity of the situation on taking in the young kids, but that will have to be evaluated when the time comes.

It is not my obligation to take care of multiple family members because they were too ignorant to do the simple things to ensure a little bit of family security.

This might seem harsh. But it is to be expected for being mocked and laughed at. Get your own damned rice.

Now, with that said. If they showed up at my door with supplies and provisions and really wanted to help out around the small acreage and to escape the city. That is another story.

Hopefully it never comes to that.

You have to look after yourself.

Plus there's the worry if they've been so blase they might be infected and infect you too.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Power_Semi

Plus there's the worry if they've been so blase they might be infected and infect you too.

Yes, that is another concerne.

For my family to come out to my house, it will be dire in the city. They will wait too long to bug out and possibly have the virus.

I am honestly hoping like hell it does not get this bad.

edit on 1-3-2020 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

Gin

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Power_Semi
Those people just doing what they always do will be the cause of it spreading everywhere.

This is sadly so true. In Norway a doctor has infected his colleagues and possibly patients too with corona. He brought it back home from Italy. Stupidest part is the Norwegian officials didn't ask him to be tested first as precaution before allowing him to get back to work.

Two more test positive for Coronavirus at Oslo eye clinic

And today in Finland it was revealed that a young child infected with corona may have infected her whole school (100+ people) and a football team she practiced with last Wednesday. She got the virus from a relative who also caught it while in Italy.

Carelessness like this allows the virus to spread everywhere.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   
YIKES: Re Italy

Our memories aren't so good are they?

Just to recap - first 2 cases were in Rome on 31st Jan, 2 Chinese tourists.

Then it kicked off on 16th Feb with the case in Lombardy.

20th Feb : 3 cases
21st Feb: 20
22nd: 79
23rd: 152
24th: 229
25th: 322
26th: 400
27th: 650
28th: 888
29th: 1128
1st March: 1694

It is indeed doubling every 2 days.

That is terrifying.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I stopped at the grocery store this morning to grab some more dried beans and dried hominy. I looked at the hand sanitizer just to see what the stock was like.
The shelf was empty.
Harbor Freight is just around the corner, so I stopped in there. Two day’s ago, they had a lot of half face N95 respirators... not a single one left today. They were even sold out of dust masks.
I am glad that I bought my supplies weeks ago.
And people at work laughed at me.
edit on b000000312020-03-01T11:54:25-06:0011America/ChicagoSun, 01 Mar 2020 11:54:25 -06001100000020 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

join