It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 80
<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link edit quote reply

snowing like a blizzard
maybe 20 below zero

Uhmmm.... until this point I was believing in your updates. But it hasn't been "20 below zero" anytime this year in Tokyo. A simple check in www.timeanddate.com... corroborates this. Needless to say, I also asked a friend that lives there. She confirmed that it is above 0...

Even if I am making a mistake and you live in Hokkaido (if I'm making a mistake I do apologize) even in that case, it only shows that the coldest today has been -4 (in Sapporo).

edit on 1-3-2020 by Willyblake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
a reply to: pasiphae

I've been following for weeks and get my info directly from my nurse SO. "Just like the flu" is nonsense, obviously, but best practices are still "wash your hands with hot water and soap often," "don't touch your damn face," "don't eat feces or food contaiminated with feces," "get at least eight hours of sleep a night," and try to laugh at least five times a day.

Ok, I made the last one up, but any good front-line healthcare person will tell you a lot of dark jokes if they know you well enough to really love you. Gallows humor is how they avoid burnout from dealing with real problems every day.

To be clear she didn't say it was just like the flu.... she said she was MORE CONCERNED about the flu because it's so bad this season. I went ahead and messaged her after I posted. Just a simple "Any new thoughts about the virus?". It did cross my mind that she's not allowed to talk about it. We are good friends so I'd hope she'd be up front with me but because I know her well I wouldn't be surprised if she's keeping quiet because she's actually very concerned and knows if she shows it... people will worry.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: TruthJava

all the medical people here in town are laughing it off as well on facebook, so just wash your hands, the flu kills more people.

I would have to call bs on that...........

Every medical professional I know is concerned about this, every single one.........so either she isnt telling the truth, or the medical "professionals" she knows are supremely stupid

Could be like my daughter, lives on the west coast. Anything not directly impacting her life or not in her field of view she knows nothing about. Does not watch the news or read the paper. All of her information comes from her significant other and that information comes from facebook or late night tv shows. Sad but true, and they live in the area of the confirmed reports in Washington State. Family and friends are all the same, you can share facts and information with them, but you cannot force them to take action.
Also just read that the number of cases in France has increased to 130, the head of the public health service has said. France was at 100 cases on Saturday

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willyblake

link edit quote reply

snowing like a blizzard
maybe 20 below zero

Uhmmm.... until this point I was believing in your updates. But it hasn't been "20 below zero" anytime this year in Tokyo. A simple check in www.timeanddate.com... corroborates this. Needless to say, I also asked a friend that lives there. She confirmed that it is above 0...

Even if I am making a mistake and you live in Hokkaido (if I'm making a mistake I do apologize) even in that case, it only shows that the coldest today has been -4 (in Sapporo).

I think he said Hokkaido?

And "maybe" 20 below. It's been 10 below I think - he didn't measure it with a thermometer.

It is indeed below zero and has been snowing there.
edit on -06:0020200America/ChicagoSun, 01 Mar 2020 12:55:05 -0600_stAmerica/Chicago0355 by Power_Semi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Argen

My theory, was fear they did not totally understand the virus, we have allot more data on the virus now. We need to stay vigilant I agree, everyone getting sick all at once is bad, but it’s beginning to look like CFR is around 0.5-1 mostly effecting the elderly and pre existing illnesses. My opinion. That could change tomorrow thou. Just sifting thru the data.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I didn't mean your friend, just the overall refrain of "just like the flu."

And your last point is very valid. Not necessarily because they can't talk about it, but just to avoid panic in the people they love.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Pope Watch: Four Days of no public events, due to "a cold".

twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Another thought about medical personnel laughing it off... I have a doctor acquaintance in Arkansas who heads up a small clinic (subset of a hospital 45 mins away).... he had a staff meeting last week to discuss how they are going to handle things and 1 of his nurse practitioners said she thought it was no worse than the flu and another didn't even KNOW about it. There are plenty of people who just never pay attention to the news at all. Kinda baffles me.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Power_Semi

Well that's how civilised it's going to be when people need food.

I think it will be a lot less civilized actually due to the fact that the runs will be on basic necessities rather than cheap imported crap and/or the latest gadget, gizmo, or toy. I mean we're talking Mazlow's original hierarchy here, not the latest feel good garbage that has since replaced it.

The latest contract posted to Beta Sam is as follows:

Contract Award Date: Feb 14, 2020
Contract Award Number: HHSO100201600005I
Task/Delivery Order Number: 75A50120F33009
Contractor Awarded Unique Entity ID (DUNS):
Contractor Awarded Name: PROTEIN SCIENCES CORPORATION
Contractor Awarded Address: Meriden, CT 06450-7149 USA
Base and All Options Value (Total Contract Value): $849451.46

Description

This is an award of a task order to manufacture a Working Virus Bank (WVB) for 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), Master and Working Seed Lot and Vaccine Research Lot(s) and provide documentation and reports related to the material. This Task order is anticipated to be completed by 06/14/2021. Please see the posted Justification for an Exception to Fair Opportunity (JEFO) for addition information.

Task Order for manufacturing cGMP Vaccine Master and Working Seed Lot

Ketsuko, am I reading this right in that they are looking to develop their own database/library of the virus? I know your husband works in the field, and you yourself have a great deal of knowledge about this so please correct me if I am wrong.
edit on 1-3-2020 by jadedANDcynical because: dyslexics of the world, unite!

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01
a reply to: TruthJava

But thank you for sharing, it helped me to not feel so bad.

they will come to your door. When this happens I feel that you might possibly cave in

Do what you can do and let the cards fall where they may.

Everything you said is true, and as a fellow Illinoisian, I have applauded the things you've said in your posts. (I've wanted a generator for years!) But now for the rest of the story in her paticular case. She'll be coming to my house and then her daughter would come here and show up at MY door. I will be the dealer here and I have said she will be dealt out. Tough, but when you've warned people to just be prepared - that's not panic. It's very smart, especially here - considering we live in Tornado Alley and have floods and earthquakes to contend with as well. I just feel that if you've been aware of life and live it by being prepared for most any contigency, you have to look at it this way. What's the good of attempting to provide and protect yourself if, the moment an emergency arises, you let people ruin your efforts? It sounds inhumane, but humans are why the term "inhumane" was created, so I feel certain people should have thought about their actions a little sooner than they do (/did.)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Wait, does Japan issue paychecks in advance of work done, or after work is completed? Why would you need to sleep in a laundromat tonight if the wife's job just came to a close? Did you misuse Feb's income and miss March rent?

I've enjoyed the updates, but the cryptic histrionics seem to be getting a bit thick of late.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   

A second Icelander has tested positive for COVID-19 in a case unrelated to the country’s first. The man flew home to Iceland from Verona, Italy yesterday, according to a notice from the Icelandic Department of Civil Protection and Emergency Management. While Icelandic authorities had previously designated certain regions of Italy as high-risk zones for COVID-19, that assessment has now been extended to the entire country.

Second COVID-19 Case Confirmed in Iceland

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   
"Hancock said that the government were trying to delay the onset of the virus, having determined that the UK would be better able to cope with a mass spread of coronavirus in the summer."
Are these not some of the same folks that made fun of those of us that asked about warm weather helping control the virus? Now it will be better in the sumer?
And these idiot's are in charge
I'll have to try to find a direct link this is from a interview on Sky News a few minutes ago

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

Hey CK … please tell us all what happens, if you find out. I am 3 hours south of the greater Chicago area, and there are others of us also close, and you are a lot more reliable than our state or national government for information, most likely.

Best wishes to you and all. Please be safe. Sorry this is a late reply, but I am still catching up to this thread today

edit on 1-3-2020 by Fowlerstoad because: specified my location better

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Ahh, sure we're all grand here in Ireland...🤔

www.irishexaminer.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willyblake

link edit quote reply

snowing like a blizzard
maybe 20 below zero

-20 Celsius = 4 degrees Fahrenheit..

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

I didn't mean your friend, just the overall refrain of "just like the flu."

And your last point is very valid. Not necessarily because they can't talk about it, but just to avoid panic in the people they love.

She just messaged me - I’ve stocked up on soup, Gatorade, cold medicine etc. It may wind up spreading far and wide, so I just want to be prepared. Last thing I want to have to do is hit the store when everyone else is. Still thinking it’s not super dangerous. Just a pain in the butt

I'll have to see how she feels in another 2 weeks. She's right that it's not super dangerous but.... it kind of concerns me that a highly regarded clinic isn't really thinking hard about this. Unless.... she's just trying not to spook me.

link   
a reply to: saladfingers123456

Yeah, well said!

The landlord's son, early 20s, just asked if there were any Coronavirus cases in England yet...

At least he's heard of the Coronavirus, so it's not all bad news

link   

originally posted by: Karyotype
"Hancock said that the government were trying to delay the onset of the virus, having determined that the UK would be better able to cope with a mass spread of coronavirus in the summer."
Are these not some of the same folks that made fun of those of us that asked about warm weather helping control the virus? Now it will be better in the sumer?
And these idiot's are in charge
I'll have to try to find a direct link this is from a interview on Sky News a few minutes ago

It's spreading pretty well in places with temperatures of 18 - 27C (Italy, Iran, etc) so I don't see why summer would help 1 little bit.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I have to agree, it seems he is being a bit hysterical. He lost me when I asked for a link in regards to the virus doing some crazy stuff he said a talk show was telling him on tv. Maybe time to turn the tv off, maybe a break from ats. I am not seeing any news headlines out of Tokyo, of doom and gloom, just school closing a sumo wrestle match with no audience 🤷‍♂️ That’s about it. Allot of good precautions, oh a baseball games with no audience in the stands.

top topics

<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

join