It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 74
<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   
OMG! Please stop sharing water bottles with your child and then handing it back to her after being in Coronavirus quarantine and obviously suffering from some type of cold.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Here ya go, 23 of January, hope this helps

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: GlobalGold

originally posted by: angelchemuel

originally posted by: musicismagic

I don't know but what I've been told there is some secretecy (sp) in what is being reported locally.
New coronavirus 961 confirmed infections in Japan . Its Sunday here and the news from the govt. is really not up to date.
Tomorrow we will get a more formal statement from the Japanese govt. So far they have not been beating around the bush and giving it to us straight . ex. bus stops now have new schedules that say no transportation after 4 pm

So can you give us the time frame that Japan has gone from zero to 961 please?

Rainbows
Jane

sure :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com... shows the %

www.abovetopsecret.com... 2-19

I'm not clicking through that lot!!!
Could you not simply just give me the date of the first confirmed case please?
Rainbows
Jane

Here's how Japan's 946 total has been calculated

Diamond Princess 705 6 deaths 36 serious, 10 recovered
Japan 241* 6 deaths 19 serious, 32 recovered

* Japan: The 705 people from the “Diamond Princess” cruise ship are listed separately and they’re not included in the
Japanese government’s official count. 380 were asymptomatic. Fourteen of them are U.S. citizens whose test results
weren’t known until they were taken off the ship.
* Diamond Princess: The total does not include 3 employees of Japan’s Health Ministry and 1 staff member of Japan’s
Cabinet Secretariat, all of whom were infected while working on the ship. It does also not include people who tested
positive upon their return home: 44 people in the U.S., 8 in Australia (one of whom died), 4 in the UK, 4 in Hong Kong, 3
in Israel, and 2 in Japan.

From BNO latest numbers

thanks for the clairification on my post

the news on Sunday here has been quiet though, but don't be shocked if them numbers I mention show up soon in Japan on Tuesday
There has been a black out of the bank employee who was infected and continue to work till having to go to the hospital.
Also , keep in mind no reports on anyone catching the virus on the subways, guess why... people still have to go to work, but I really think this will change by Tuesday of this week. All amusement parks are now closed here. mass unemployment is now knocking on our door steps . how about your country

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

"#Exclusive: Internal documents obtained by @news_ntd reveal #China's #coronavirus epidemic prevention measures focus on maintaining stability, but not saving lives "

Don't you think that's what all governments are going to be doing?

For us individually we want to think they're racing around to try and save us, but that's the macro picture relating to us and our lives.

For them they want to stop total collapse of law, order and everything else - their perspective will be some people are going to die anyway, better to let some more die and keep stability than try save everyone and watch it all burn around us.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 09:29 AM
link   
bbc link

The leader of a religious sect in South Korea could face a homicide investigation over some of the country's coronavirus deaths.

The city government of the capital Seoul has asked prosecutors to charge Lee Man-hee, the founder of the Shincheonji Church, and 11 others.

They are accused of hiding the names of some members as officials tried to track patients before the virus spread.

South Korea is battling the worst coronavirus outbreak outside China.

The country has reported 3,730 cases and 21 deaths so far. More than half of all infections involve members of the Shincheonji Church of Jesus, a fringe Christian group.

Authorities say Shincheonji members infected one another in the southern city of Daegu last month, before fanning out around the country.

Let's hope other sects/cults aren't thinking the same way (facepalm)
edit on 1-3-2020 by johnb because: bolding by me

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 09:30 AM
link   
One more thing.

Please don't listen to what they SAY....Pay attention to what they are DOING.....

For example.... if its "just the flu"....why in Gods name is Nike closing down its campus for a "Deep Cleaning"

Once again.... these people really have no respect for the avg. American intellect....

“While we have no information indicating any exposure to Nike employees, out of an abundance of caution, we are conducting a deep cleaning of campus,” Nike said in a statement, according to local media. “All [world headquarter] buildings and facilities, including fitness centers, will be closed over the weekend.”

www.koin.com...

edit on 1-3-2020 by celltypespecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: FinallyAwake

I have just done a shop and put it all in the boot of my car, eases my anxiety about it all to some extent, best keep it quite from the housemates.
Got some meds and manuka honey, and tinned stuff with good dates.

But there is no substitute for clubbing together and knowing you've all got each others backs.

Btw, I am in Somerset, just south of the latest UK case in Gloucestershire, and in the supermarket everything seems normal, all shelves are well stocked.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

expect oil and your pump prices to go down: Putin said in a statement that the price of North Sea crude oil traded on the London market fell to the low $ 50s a barrel last week, "Our economic policies set prices at: At $ 42 a barrel, the current level is acceptable. "

Crude goes down

But gas will go up, especially if they are expecting any sort of panic or a run on stocking up on fuel.

I know it sounds counter intuitive but thats how it usually works

well here i can speak at the pumps, prices were at 147 but now at 132 per liter, trust me I can prove it if you want pictures

I understand that at THIS point, but I wouldnt count on it staying that way, Im going off of what happens here in the US when emergencies happen or when oil prices change

That being said, our reserves and where we get our oil arent the same as everywhere else.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Drachenfel

I have just done a shop and put it all in the boot of my car, eases my anxiety about it all to some extent, best keep it quite from the housemates.

But there is no substitute for clubbing together and knowing you've all got each others backs.

Btw, I am in Somerset, just south of the latest UK case in Gloucestershire, and in the supermarket everything seems normal, all shelves are well stocked.

Just out of interest, where is this car parked?

🤣

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Village Idiot
a reply to: angelchemuel

Here ya go, 23 of January, hope this helps

en.wikipedia.org...

Thank you muchly

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I'm getting rapidly cheesed off with my fellow idiots in my part of the UK..
I happened to comment that "It can't hurt to be prepared just in case the virus spreads and the government decide to lock things down.Make sure you have enough food for a couple of weeks at least."
I said that to someone in a shop today and some busy body fool who overheard me got super triggered and accused me of spreading panic.
So I told them what they call panic I call common sense,and they would know if I was actually panicing because I would be running round screeching at the sky,which I never do.
How can common sense and simply being prepared hurt anyone I asked..
No response,just angry evil look and spluttering.
Oh well.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 09:36 AM
link   

I'm in the UK - my parents have just gone shopping to stock up with more stuff just in case (finally, I've been telling them for weeks).

They said in B&M most of the food shelves were empty, and the Morrisions was absolutely mental - chock full of people buying food.

This is in West Yorks.

I'm sure it isn't normally very busy on a Sunday. Especially now (3-40pm) they shut at 4pm on Sunday.
edit on -06:0020200America/ChicagoSun, 01 Mar 2020 09:39:48 -0600_stAmerica/Chicago0339 by Power_Semi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Power_Semi

Doing what us Brits do well....panic quietly with a stiff upper lip lol!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Power_Semi

I'm in the UK - my parents have just gone shopping to stock up with more stuff just in case (finally, I've been telling them for weeks).

They said in B&M most of the food shelves were empty, and the Morrisions was absolutely mental - chock full of people buying food.

This is in West Yorks.

I'm sure it isn't normally very busy on a Sunday.

I just hope people really really remember to get dry goods, and anything powdered and shelf stable that they can, along with their canned goods..............

My family in Texas are FINALLY listening and stocking up (those that dont already have it, most are prepers)

By the time you realize youre gonna need it, its too late!
edit on 3/1/2020 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 09:41 AM
link   

a reply to: Power_Semi

Doing what us Brits do well....panic quietly with a stiff upper lip lol!

Rainbows
Jane

These are the smarter ones - doing it now.

When it becomes apparent just how bad it is (if we get to that point) the other 99% will panic en masse and make black friday look like a WI tea party.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: Power_Semi

This is in West Yorks.

I'm sure it isn't normally very busy on a Sunday.

I just hope people really really remember to get dry goods, and anything powdered and shelf stable that they can, along with their canned goods..............

My family in Texas are FINALLY listening and stocking up (those that dont already have it, most are prepers)

By the time you realize youre gonna need it, its too late!

They're doing what I did - lots of rice, pasta, and tinned goods.

Nothing perishable.

PS my fellow Brits. I don't know how much it costs elsewhere, but Aldi do a 4 pack of tinned tuna for 79p - I've bought loads of those, think we'll quickly get fed up of baked beans.
edit on -06:0020200America/ChicagoSun, 01 Mar 2020 09:43:49 -0600_stAmerica/Chicago0343 by Power_Semi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: asdfa

Relevance?

Theory?

Anything...

/crickets

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I'm in the GTA (Greater Toronto Area). Was just out to the stores to stock up (food, water, cleaning supplies). Everyone carrying on as usual.

Everything in good supply.
But one thing I noticed, that has been brought up here on ATS, is there is no hand sanitizer on the shelves. Nowhere. Is it a commodity that is hard to procure? Really don't know since I've never actively searched for it.

Disinfectant wipes. Check. (Was even on sale.)
Bleach. Check.

Gotta catch up on the thread...

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 09:47 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join