It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 75
<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Power_Semi

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: Drachenfel
a reply to: FinallyAwake

I have just done a shop and put it all in the boot of my car, eases my anxiety about it all to some extent, best keep it quite from the housemates.
Got some meds and manuka honey, and tinned stuff with good dates.

But there is no substitute for clubbing together and knowing you've all got each others backs.

Btw, I am in Somerset, just south of the latest UK case in Gloucestershire, and in the supermarket everything seems normal, all shelves are well stocked.

I'm in the UK - my parents have just gone shopping to stock up with more stuff just in case (finally, I've been telling them for weeks).

They said in B&M most of the food shelves were empty, and the Morrisions was absolutely mental - chock full of people buying food.

This is in West Yorks.

I'm sure it isn't normally very busy on a Sunday.

I just hope people really really remember to get dry goods, and anything powdered and shelf stable that they can, along with their canned goods..............

My family in Texas are FINALLY listening and stocking up (those that dont already have it, most are prepers)

By the time you realize youre gonna need it, its too late!

They're doing what I did - lots of rice, pasta, and tinned goods.

Nothing perishable.

PS my fellow Brits. I don't know how much it costs elsewhere, but Aldi do a 4 pack of tinned tuna for 79p - I've bought loads of those, think we'll quickly get fed up of baked beans.

I did the same, and lots of powdered milk, powdered cheese, and powdered spuds......with the pastas, things you can just add some water to and make something simple and hearty........oh and tons of beans and rice......

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Do we have any Russian readers or contributors, ideally in, or with links to someone in Russia?

I'm worried about what the situation is in Russia. They are being very quiet.

With China down, Iran down, Italy down. Italy have a good relationship with Russia. They have always been good trading partners, and Russia has honoured this relationship no matter what government was in charge in Italy, much to the despise of the US, and causing tension in the EU. Especially with oil pipe-line ambitions.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I just copied and pasted all the text it into a Pages file. It's like Word for Macs. Worked fine for me.

originally posted by: Oleman
a reply to: kwakakev
Maybe this link is better. Does someone know how to archive this? It looks pretty important to me, and may disappear again.

Tracking the Source of Novel Coronavirus Gene Sequencing: When the Alarm Goes Off
独家|新冠病毒基因测序溯源:警报是何时拉响的

Edit: I have tried several ways to save this, and I none seem to work. On tablet so less than stellar options. Has been dissapeared before.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   

I have just done a shop and put it all in the boot of my car, eases my anxiety about it all to some extent, best keep it quite from the housemates.

But there is no substitute for clubbing together and knowing you've all got each others backs.

Btw, I am in Somerset, just south of the latest UK case in Gloucestershire, and in the supermarket everything seems normal, all shelves are well stocked.

I'm in the UK - my parents have just gone shopping to stock up with more stuff just in case (finally, I've been telling them for weeks).

They said in B&M most of the food shelves were empty, and the Morrisions was absolutely mental - chock full of people buying food.

This is in West Yorks.

I just hope people really really remember to get dry goods, and anything powdered and shelf stable that they can, along with their canned goods..............

My family in Texas are FINALLY listening and stocking up (those that dont already have it, most are prepers)

Nothing perishable.

PS my fellow Brits. I don't know how much it costs elsewhere, but Aldi do a 4 pack of tinned tuna for 79p - I've bought loads of those, think we'll quickly get fed up of baked beans.

I did the same, and lots of powdered milk, powdered cheese, and powdered spuds......with the pastas, things you can just add some water to and make something simple and hearty........oh and tons of beans and rice......

I actually bought a very small tub of powdered milk the other day, am using it today.

Wanted to try it out, my mum used to get it when I was a kid and it was awful, just used to go lumpy.

This stuff is really good, so am going to buy some bigger packs of it.

Not sure I've seen powdered eggs or cheese (?) in the shops, but then again never looked for them.

Might be a good idea though.

Food could become very scarce very quickly.
edit on -06:0020200America/ChicagoSun, 01 Mar 2020 09:53:56 -0600_stAmerica/Chicago0353 by Power_Semi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Power_Semi

Make the powdered milk up in a fridge jug to the quantity you need, not add it to a hot brew. I made a mac cheese many years ago for the kids when I ran out of milk...kids didn't notice the difference.

But powdered cheese???? Sounds gross!
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   

This is in West Yorks.

Nothing perishable.

I actually bought a very small tub of powdered milk the other day, am using it today.

Wanted to try it out, my mum used to get it when I was a kid and it was awful, just used to go lumpy.

This stuff is really good, so am going to buy some bigger packs of it.

Not sure I've seen powdered eggs or cheese (?) in the shops, but then again never looked for them.

Might be a good idea though.

Food could become very scarce very quickly.

Yeah I had to go to a sporting goods/camping store to get my powdered Eggs, Im not sure if you have any of those there in your area. But if so i would check there!

As for powdered milk lol yeah they sure have come a long way in 40 years lol, Also, I have a couple of really large things of protein powder that I had left over from when I was body building, so those should come in handy in a pinch to supplement.

Wonder if this will have any impact on the Brexit thing now? I know its pretty much a done deal but, things that make you go hmmmmmm

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves
South Korea sect leader to face homicide probe over deaths

The leader of a religious sect in South Korea could face a homicide investigation over some of the country's coronavirus deaths.

The city government of the capital Seoul has asked prosecutors to charge Lee Man-hee, the founder of the Shincheonji Church, and 11 others.

They are accused of hiding the names of some members as officials tried to track patients before the virus spread.

South Korea is battling the worst coronavirus outbreak outside China.

The country has reported 3,730 cases and 21 deaths so far. More than half of all infections involve members of the Shincheonji Church of Jesus, a fringe Christian group.

Authorities say Shincheonji members infected one another in the southern city of Daegu last month, before fanning out around the country.

The BBC's Laura Bicker in Seoul says the complaint reflects growing public anger towards the religious group. Its leader Lee Man-hee claims he is the Messiah.

All 230,000 members of the church have been interviewed and nearly 9,000 said they were showing symptoms of coronavirus.

BBC

He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy.
Sorry, couldn't help myself.

PHE seem to be giving out more info re locations now. Half of the new 12 casesin the UK today were not travel related. That's worrying. One of the confirmed is in Tetbury related to a school.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel

Make the powdered milk up in a fridge jug to the quantity you need, not add it to a hot brew. I made a mac cheese many years ago for the kids when I ran out of milk...kids didn't notice the difference.

Rainbows
Jane

It wont be anything like shredded melty cheese.......but when youre hunkering down and using your rations to survive, you wont need gourmet every day, just some flavor and nutrients to keep ya runnin until it blows over....

Maybe that thought process just comes from my years in the Marines tho , lol........powdered cheese and things like peanut butter can be a great moral booster tho........PS powdered peanutbutter is pretty good too

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Rainbows
Jane

Yeah that's what I've done now - first cup added it in direct - horrible.

Made up in fridge pretty good.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   
And now Russia. www.themoscowtimes.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Rainbows
Jane

It wont be anything like shredded melty cheese.......but when youre hunkering down and using your rations to survive, you wont need gourmet every day, just some flavor and nutrients to keep ya runnin until it blows over....

Maybe that thought process just comes from my years in the Marines tho , lol........powdered cheese and things like peanut butter can be a great moral booster tho........PS powdered peanutbutter is pretty good too

I didn't realise you could get podered cheese or peanut butter.

The mind boggles lol.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Didn't see this mentioned earlier, but first cases now in Dominican republic and Czech republic.

Living conditions around Haiti are pretty grim, I think they'll be in big trouble if it takes hold there.
edit on -06:0020200America/ChicagoSun, 01 Mar 2020 10:09:33 -0600_stAmerica/Chicago0309 by Power_Semi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Didn't see this mentioned earlier, but first cases now in Dominican republic and Czech republic.

Living conditions around Haiti are pretty grim, I think they'll be in big trouble if it takes hold there.

Yeah been watching there and South America too, its going to rip through those places like a hurricane I fear........my heart breaks for them.....

Im watching Venezuela for whats been going on there........

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Quick update from me. First case has been reported in my area. Only a few miles away.

When I was out earlier I noticed queues longer than normal to enter the supermarket car parks and people were pushing out fully laden shopping trolleys. It’s like it was Christmas.

This in Bury Manchester UK

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Funem
Quick update from me. First case has been reported in my area. Only a few miles away.

When I was out earlier I noticed queues longer than normal to enter the supermarket car parks and people were pushing out fully laden shopping trolleys. It’s like it was Christmas.

My mum and dad just dropped off some more stuff for me (i said hey, if you're going stocking up you might as well get a few more bits for mee too) - they said same thing. People with trolleys piled as high as possible and still big queues right up until closing time.

They got out at 2 mins to 4pm after queing for ages.

Also said even empty shelves at Morrisons

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Yeah been watching there and South America too, its going to rip through those places like a hurricane I fear........my heart breaks for them.....

Im watching Venezuela for whats been going on there........

Haiti is very poor and densley populated in some areas.

Little if any medical care for most people, even food is hard to come by.

The poorer resort to eating mud cookies.

It's that bad.

EDIT - God yeah Venzuela - will be a massive disaster.

And Africa too.
edit on -06:0020200America/ChicagoSun, 01 Mar 2020 10:24:57 -0600_stAmerica/Chicago0324 by Power_Semi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I've just seen the public statement from Bury Council on Public Health England. They seem pretty confident they've got this covered. Where have we heard that before. Stay safe.

Joint statement on confirmed COVID-19 case in Bury
edit on 1/3/2020 by MissBeck because: Terrible spelling

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Could it be that it's like that because friday was a payday? Only thing ive noticed in my part of Europe(Scandinavia) is that you have to be lucky to find hand sanitisers.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   
not to alarm you folks but...
Hokkaido is now on the brink of despair
this motion now will affect all Japan
as it moves south toward tokyo , the workforce will diminish to the point of an economic collapse
as your neighborhoods band together for its protection and survival keep in mind that is the outcome for you all to be aware of
we now see and are experiencing it in Hokkaido, short supply of heating oil, people may get the flu due to the cold
breakdown of society is at the govt. steps , they are now trying to bring in people that can actually help (the workforce is in short supply) people can't go to work

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Rainbows
Jane

Mexican cotija any south of america country's really my inlaws bring it from elsalvador

it's hard and shelf stable yea I know its refrigerated in stores but I know from my inlaws they dont keep it refrigerated back home where it's made

Get some tortillas fry them crispy with refried beans and some cheese on top oh man that's goodness and all of it is shelf stable for months

That's a standard staple in my home

new topics

top topics

<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join