It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 79
<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 12:23 PM
link   

HOLY CRAP YOU GUYS!

THESE ARE NOT UPDATES and are making the thread impossible to read!

please start a prepping thread.

I think it would be a good idea to have a parallel thread for general discussion, and as you say, refocus this thread on to updated information. Though, it feels like the wealth of information from so many countries at this point is becoming a little overwhelming. Breadcrumb mountains. It is hard to know where the line is drawn. Peoples reports from their own countries counts as updates to me, and is far more useful than "another 20 people have got it in where ever".
I use the Corona dashboards for that information, which are well displayed.

It would be useful if someone could define what should and shouldn't be on here.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: TruthJava

all the medical people here in town are laughing it off as well on facebook, so just wash your hands, the flu kills more people.

I would have to call bs on that...........

Every medical professional I know is concerned about this, every single one.........so either she isnt telling the truth, or the medical "professionals" she knows are supremely stupid

I messaged a good friend of mine a few weeks ago. She works at the Cleveland Clinic. She said she was more worried about the flu. I consider her to be one of the smartest people I know and she's a highly trained nurse (multiple degrees). I've been thinking about asking her again but I'm afraid to hear her answer. Her facebook posts have been silent about this and she recently traveled to Florida.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Friend on FB posted a tweet about it being a 98% survival rare, and 99.5% for the young and healthy. Saying it's the dems trying to crash the economy. I told him...98%....if a modest 40% of the world gets this...64.5MILLION people die. And lets not forget that the US isn't exactly the most "healthy" country in the world. Long comment thread of people telling me i'm overreacting....OK.

I'm getting really tired of the lack of empathy too. Like...because the sick and dead aren't in the US, they aren't human beings. It's disgusting.
edit on 1-3-2020 by JoeRivers because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoeRivers
Friend on FB posted a tweet about it being a 98% survival rare, and 99.% for the young and healthy. Saying it's the dems trying to crash the economy. I told him...98%....if a modest 40% of the world gets this...64.5MILLION people die. And lets not forget that the US isn't exactly the most "healthy" country in the world. Long comment thread of people telling me i'm overreacting....OK.

I'm getting really tired of the lack of empathy too. Like...because the sick and dead aren't in the US, they aren't human beings. It's disgusting.

Youll find that most of the people just blowing this off.........are people that havent been following the whole thing........

I agree no need to panic, but you should damn well prepare........but if youre just repeating the line that "its just the flu" likes trending so hard on social media right now, my bet is youve been watching this for less than a week or so and you havent looked at the info........

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Power_Semi
YIKES: Re Italy

Our memories aren't so good are they?

Just to recap - first 2 cases were in Rome on 31st Jan, 2 Chinese tourists.

Then it kicked off on 16th Feb with the case in Lombardy.

20th Feb : 3 cases
21st Feb: 20
22nd: 79
23rd: 152
24th: 229
25th: 322
26th: 400
27th: 650
28th: 888
29th: 1128
1st March: 1694

It is indeed doubling every 2 days.

That is terrifying.

And I'd lay money that those are all the towns on lockdown too.......really don't know what to make of this now....
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoeRivers
Friend on FB posted a tweet about it being a 98% survival rare, and 99.5% for the young and healthy. Saying it's the dems trying to crash the economy. I told him...98%....if a modest 40% of the world gets this...64.5MILLION people die. And lets not forget that the US isn't exactly the most "healthy" country in the world. Long comment thread of people telling me i'm overreacting....OK.

It's just basic psychology when people hear news they don't like/want to deal with:

Denial - blow it off because they don't want to believe it, ridicule etc
Anger - those same people when they have to face it get angry - they go from nothing burgers and it's just a cold (everyone is over-reacting) to being furious about why didn't the government do more.
Realisation - well, you've no choice in the end to face it
Acceptance - then accept it

Just ignore them

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: tgidkp

HOLY CRAP YOU GUYS!

THESE ARE NOT UPDATES and are making the thread impossible to read!

please start a prepping thread.

MOD NOTE

We actually have some of those threads here:

Events and services impacted by Coronavirus

COVID-19 Coronavirus home prevention tips

Cures DB2]: Flu Immunity and Cytokine Prevention

Are you doing anything differently because of Coronavirus?

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   

NEW: France reports 30 new cases of coronavirus, raising total to 130

TWITTER

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   
A school has been closed in the Republic of Ireland for 14 days. That's a lot of parents having to stay off work due to this. 2 weeks less pay is a huge loss.

Coronavirus: School in Republic of Ireland closed for 14 days

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Caitlin Rivers, PhD
@cmyeaton
We learned last night from @trvrb
that COVID-19 may have been circulating in the Seattle area for several weeks. This thread details some possible implications if that finding is confirmed. 1/

This is a good thread to read

Caitlin Rivers, PhD
@cmyeaton
On the one hand, if it has been circulating here for weeks without being noticed, it could mean that severity is lower than feared, which I hope to be true. It would be important to know that soon. 5/

Caitlin Rivers, PhD
@cmyeaton
On the other hand, the doubling time of the epidemic in Wuhan was originally around a week, so it takes time for case counts to build and severe cases to be detected. 6/

twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: pasiphae

I've been following for weeks and get my info directly from my nurse SO. "Just like the flu" is nonsense, obviously, but best practices are still "wash your hands with hot water and soap often," "don't touch your damn face," "don't eat feces or food contaiminated with feces," "get at least eight hours of sleep a night," and try to laugh at least five times a day.

Ok, I made the last one up, but any good front-line healthcare person will tell you a lot of dark jokes if they know you well enough to really love you. Gallows humor is how they avoid burnout from dealing with real problems every day.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Scotland is also taking positive measures to keep an eye on community outbreaks.

A surveillance network of 41 GP practices will submit samples, even if patients have not travelled to an area affected by the new coronavirus.

Scottish surveillance testing system for Covid-19 begins

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: pasiphae

Caitlin Rivers, PhD
@cmyeaton
We learned last night from @trvrb
that COVID-19 may have been circulating in the Seattle area for several weeks. This thread details some possible implications if that finding is confirmed. 1/

Confirming what most of us already knew when they reported the first case there...........

We also are pretty sure the numbers coming out of Washington and California are not at all true........I suspect Oregon as well.....

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I just like to say that I am fed up with the prepper advice on here.

We [in our home] can't prep for long, we can't buy stuff for months on end. We are dependent on civilised people tp only buy what they need, so that everyone has food/important other stuff for as long as possible.
If you want to prep do it. I considered it but can't. So all the bloody amounts of what to buy in a self righteous panic means less food for others and their animals.

I am not even worried about this virus, not at all. Que sera sera.

What I am worried about are the people that will empty the shops because they have the money, the storage, the ability etc and then when others come and want to just buy what they can actually use, there is nothing left.

If you are so keen on prepping, do it. Why do you have to shout it out to the world?
I know why. It shows how much better you are, and how you knew all along how bad it would get whilst others just didn't believe you. But even if the others are sheeple or cynics or stupid or whatever, some people would like to go shopping and actually find some food, yes even those who were optimistic at first.

There should really be a separate thread for prepping advice so that it doesn't clog up actual updates.

I have not read much more on this thread lately, because of all the 'you must do this and get that if you want to live BS'. If you were really clever you'd keep this to yourself, so you can buy even more and live even longer than others.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willyblake

originally posted by: Oppenheimer67
Do we have any Russian readers or contributors, ideally in, or with links to someone in Russia?

I'm worried about what the situation is in Russia. They are being very quiet.

With China down, Iran down, Italy down. Italy have a good relationship with Russia. They have always been good trading partners, and Russia has honoured this relationship no matter what government was in charge in Italy, much to the despise of the US, and causing tension in the EU. Especially with oil pipe-line ambitions.

All quiet on the Russian front. I'm not there, but have numerous contacts. People think Coronavirus has been greatly exaggerated by the US goverment to tarnish China. They are only pissed off in the sense that the virus might ruin their Thai vacations plan. There's been rumors about people getting it, but nothing official. Keep in mind healthcare in Russia is only good in St Petersburg and Moscow, outside of those cities you literally are on your own.

Many thanks for this. Would really appreciate you keeping us posted if you hear anything new. Thanks again!

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666
I just like to say that I am fed up with the prepper advice on here.

We [in our home] can't prep for long, we can't buy stuff for months on end. We are dependent on civilised people tp only buy what they need, so that everyone has food/important other stuff for as long as possible.
If you want to prep do it. I considered it but can't. So all the bloody amounts of what to buy in a self righteous panic means less food for others and their animals.

I am not even worried about this virus, not at all. Que sera sera.

What I am worried about are the people that will empty the shops because they have the money, the storage, the ability etc and then when others come and want to just buy what they can actually use, there is nothing left.

If you are so keen on prepping, do it. Why do you have to shout it out to the world?
I know why. It shows how much better you are, and how you knew all along how bad it would get whilst others just didn't believe you. But even if the others are sheeple or cynics or stupid or whatever, some people would like to go shopping and actually find some food, yes even those who were optimistic at first.

There should really be a separate thread for prepping advice so that it doesn't clog up actual updates.

I have not read much more on this thread lately, because of all the 'you must do this and get that if you want to live BS'. If you were really clever you'd keep this to yourself, so you can buy even more and live even longer than others.

You ever seen what it looks like on black friday when people are fighting to buy crap they don't even need?

Well that's how civilised it's going to be when people need food.

I'm sorry you aren't in a position to prepare, but throwing a hissy fit at everyone who can isn't changing your position, nor does it serve any purpose.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Ya pretty, much, I think that is whats gonna end up NORMALIZING the disease with the public. Eventually once most people realize it’s not killing everyone, they will stop paying attention to it. It’s bad news for the older people and people with pre conditions. I Just don’t think they can contain it or even get real numbers the percentage of error with the current tallies we know are high, just by understanding the suspected r0. Unless it mutates.

Does not mean thou people won’t be getting angry for a failure in the government protecting the citizens.
edit on 1-3-2020 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthJava

originally posted by: liejunkie01
a reply to: Drachenfel

And, yes - is all very well stocking up for yourself, but that won't go far if loved ones aren't also prepared, and you would be obliged to share what you have put by. 

I am sorry but I live on the states and I can say that the wife and I discussed this already. We have told and told our family members to stock up a little. They only laugh and scoff at us. I can tell you with a certainty that of my family shows up at my door looking for handouts, it will get bad.

I hope it does not come to that, but if they all think I am crazy and they do not do the simple things to secure a little bit of supplies, then they are on their own.

It's not pride, it is common sense, and if you do not have the common sense to plan ahead and take care of your family, then I do not want you around my family in the time of desperation.

We talked of maybe, possibly, depending on the severity of the situation on taking in the young kids, but that will have to be evaluated when the time comes.

It is not my obligation to take care of multiple family members because they were too ignorant to do the simple things to ensure a little bit of family security.

This might seem harsh. But it is to be expected for being mocked and laughed at. Get your own damned rice.

Now, with that said. If they showed up at my door with supplies and provisions and really wanted to help out around the small acreage and to escape the city. That is another story.

Hopefully it never comes to that.

maybe i need to just give it up and let them do what they do.

I told you to do that a month ago, sis. Big Brother ain't stupid, ha ha.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Ya pretty, much, I think that is whats gonna end up NORMALIZING the disease with the public. Eventually once most people realize it’s not killing everyone, they will stop paying attention to it. It’s bad news for the older people and people with pre conditions. I Just don’t think they can contain it or even get real numbers the percentage of error with the current tallies we know are high, just by understanding the suspected r0. Unless it mutates.

Does not mean thou people won’t be getting angry for a failure in the government protecting the citizens.

If it mutates all bets are off.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

Then why did China build more hospitals, bring in more incinerators, and lock down cities with piles of dirt and stone in the roadways.

top topics

<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join