It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 71
<< 68  69  70    72  73  74 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Tukota
Thank you Tukota. We'll be fine. We are very healthy except for the smoking. We both get a flu shot every year. I'm really not that afraid.

Just staying focused and aware. I just don't like the idea of not being able to go to work.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Here is an updated COVID-19 map from the ones that brought you the Wuhan Coronavirus Map..
COVID-19 MAP UPDATES

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 08:05 AM
link   
12 more confirmed in UK

BBC

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 08:05 AM
link   
12 more confirmed cases in UK - breaking news.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: crappiekat
My husband's employer called him last night to let him know that one of our drivers has been quarantined. His father-in-law 70yrs old is sick in the hospital after returning from vacation in Asia. He afraid the whole shop has iit. They had a BBQ at lunch last week. Joe was cooking. We are calling our doctor tomorrow. This is in lake county, I'll.

Ok, now I'm interested. Who is Joe? Your husband, his boss or the driver?

It seems it's spreading quickly in Illinois.

We only have one case here in WI... IF you choose to believe that.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Beltalowda
originally posted by: carewemust
"Hopefully, CoronaVirus-19 will not get anywhere near as bad as the common flu has been."
You do realize if you do the math for the numbers you laid out right there the death rate comes out be 0.14%

Pretty sure he meant the number of deaths, not the percentage...
edit on 1-3-2020 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Parksy1981
12 more confirmed in UK

BBC

Is that 12 more since yesterday? If so that has escalated exponentially! Sorry, losing track with how the numbers are going up in UK.

Rainbows
Jane

ETA first cases were 2 up north on 31st January....
First confirmed case
edit on am38America/ChicagoSunday2020-03-01T08:24:16-06:0008America/Chicago03000000 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

edit on am38America/ChicagoSunday2020-03-01T08:24:43-06:0008America/Chicago03000000 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oleman
Without know how many real cases are not "confirmed" but did recover (or didnt even know they were sick), we can not calculate the real CFR.

^^^ THIS ^^^

I was just getting ready to respond with the same point.

If this thing really is as bad as the fear-mongers would have us believe, then that means that massive numbers of people are already infected, and have been - and recovered, without even knowing they had it.

And there is very sound reasoning to back up this claim. The very low numbers of confirmed cases that have fully recovered without ever getting seriously ill.

That one thing would change the number dramatically - but we likely won't ever know.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam
originally posted by: JackBenimbel
"That person is not dead. Their legs were flat on the ground at 23 seconds, then a leg was bent at the knee, and then you can see a hand moving right at the end. "

“Yet...”

Correct, after they were initially shot (they are a dissident that was targeted), they remained alive for a short time.

That statement is just as possible as any claiming they collapsed due to the virus. See how that works?
edit on 1-3-2020 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Nucleardoom
Hi ND. Joe is the guy who is being quarantined.

As far as Wis. We have more than just that one.

As I stated there is a possible one up here and they are trying to keep it hush hush. But being we are such a small community it gets out. This person is an older person with underlying health issues

edit on 1-3-2020 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Think of the possible ramifications of the postal worker testing positive in Seattle. Someone that goes house-to-house and interacting with mail. It's cold there now so wearing gloves hopefully minimized spread. Even if they worked inside one of the facilities and didn't go house-to-house all it takes is a sneezing for coughing on the mail.

Alex Azar just confirmed on Fox News the new IL case but didn't mention the Seattle postal worker case, unless it's presumptive.
www.kiro7.com...

*this same site says a high school basketball player in the Seattle area has also tested positive.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

So we've gone from 1 on friday to 36 today then if i'm reading correctly.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
It is now known to have the beginning stage of infection and then to a stage of transmissions to 3 more stages. Someone on the forum posted this but was laughed at (something like that)

Laughed at? No. Challenged as to a source for the claim? Yes.

Exactly what I'm doing now.

Do you not see the irrationality of taking one persons unsubstantiated theory, then claiming it as fact?

Maybe it is true. If so, this thing could get a lot worse.

But we ... still ... do ... not ... know. PERIOD.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnb

That's what I am seeing! So 35 new confirmed cases in about 48 hours! THAT is worrying!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

JOE WAS COOKING! WOW, no wonder the whole damn shop is concerned as well as yourselves.

I hope you guys, as well as Joe & the rest of the shop, come through this ok.

That's a damn scary story though I have to say.

Hang in there.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Virus fears close down France’s Louvre Museum

PARIS (AP) — The spreading coronavirus epidemic shut down France’s Louvre Museum on Sunday, with workers who guard its trove of artworks fearful of being contaminated by the museum’s flow of visitors from around the world.

AP

The union representing the workers is expected to meet Monday with museum management.
edit on 1-3-2020 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnb

Ooops! Edited wrong post.... ETA first cases were 2 up north on 31st January....
First confirmed case

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Thanks - didn't even realise Wikipedia had a UK page on Corona Virus - the numbers are pretty crazy for such a short time, and with the amount of planes landing, can't see that reducing, or even staying low, for much longer...

Wikipedia - UK Corona

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 08:31 AM
link   
expect oil and your pump prices to go down: Putin said in a statement that the price of North Sea crude oil traded on the London market fell to the low $ 50s a barrel last week, "Our economic policies set prices at: At $ 42 a barrel, the current level is acceptable. "

new topics

top topics

<< 68  69  70    72  73  74 >>

join