It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 68
<< 65  66  67    69  70  71 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Possible outbreak at nursing facility in Washington state. 2 confirmed cases and possible 40 others sick.

I sure hope Trump is transparent with us on this. Somehow I've got the feeling he won't be.

www.cnn.com...

edit on 1-3-2020 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-3-2020 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: primalfractal
a reply to: Village Idiot

Then there's the talk of the Iranian strain being worse...

Yes, I've been following a doctor Cambell on youtube who believes Iran may have a mutated strain due to the high fatality rate.

Stay save, it's becoming obvious that our personal well being is totally up to ourselves.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Trusting CNN is like believing an Onion News article.
a reply to: wantsome

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: deltaalphanovember
Indians use a spice called hing (asafedita) for treating colds and flu.
Whether the virus will get legs in India remains to be seen.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: FirePilotFilson
Trusting CNN is like believing an Onion News article.
a reply to: wantsome

Sure man what ever you say. I don't believe their opinion based mouth pieces but I'll take their word for it to actually news stories.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: primalfractal

i have a lot of friends who live in the Byron/Tweed area and was thinking exactly the same thing. Byron gets over 1 million tourists per year as well. I think we all have to accept the reality that this virus is now going to spread everywhere.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

How will we test them without clogging up the hospitals? And who would want to go anywhere near a hospital with long queues of obviously sick people waiting to be tested?

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

About child case, what THL seems to be tellin if child is asymptomatic, child can go back to school after the vacation ( winter vacations are currently running in Finland from area to area , this is a week long vacation )

So far, THL has instructed that even if the child has returned from the coronavirus area ( for example, North - Italy ) , but asymptomatic, can return to school or kindergarten normally after the holiday .

I wonder what kind of "great" briefing they have had as asympthomatic patients in elsewhere has spread the disease in great numbers.

Iltalehti
edit on 1-3-2020 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Does anyone know of a video that shows the actual virus test done?

Just wondering because local news is spending a lot of time explaining about how
they push a cotton swap 10 cm up your nose, as high as possible... which leaves a lot of ppl more nervous about the unpleasant test then the actual virus

myself included

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: tlearyus

Yea, it's a worry. Prepping feels more and more urgent for me the closer it gets and that little bit of hope I had left it wouldn't get here is pretty much gone. What will become of us all? If it gets real bad, I'm going deep forrest.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 05:26 AM
link   

[#BREAKING: Pope Francis says he is cancelling his planned annual retreat south of Rome due to a "cold"

twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: KindraLaBelle

Sounds better then a colonoscopy

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I'm wondering if Washington state's COVID-19 death is related in any way to their 1st case that was confirmed on Jan 20? the deceased was from King County, which is right next to Snohomish County, the location of case #1. If so, there may be a number of other non-confirmed cases that are still well within the time frame for having been in contact somehow with case #1 and possibly still asymptomatic
edit on 1-3-2020 by GlobalGold because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I came across asefedita recently as an ingredient in an imported Bombay Mix packet, my favourite Indian snack. It’s very flavoursome tasting like strong, buttery onion & garlic... not bad for what’s essentially latex.
Adding turmeric and chilli to most dishes now, we have curry at least once a week like everyone here.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Parksy1981
a reply to: angelchemuel

Thanks, I hope so too.

Do you know where in the 'Cotswolds' the confirmed person was located? I cant find much aside from

Link

I'm just catching up (page 55) so apologies if this has already been mentioned.

No idea I'm afraid, can't find anything other than the general announcement. Maybe Stroud?
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: KindraLaBelle
Does anyone know of a video that shows the actual virus test done?

Just wondering because local news is spending a lot of time explaining about how
they push a cotton swap 10 cm up your nose, as high as possible... which leaves a lot of ppl more nervous about the unpleasant test then the actual virus

myself included

Troublesome thing about the swabbing is that people came up negative on nasal swab... but got positive test on an anal swab. A person can be shedding virus in their feces and not their nasal mucosa, even though asymptomatic.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 06:06 AM
link   
A beautician spending less than 15 minutes with each customer?! I don't believe that for a second.
They spend at least that amount of time chatting before they even start a treatment!
No way.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
a reply to: fleabit

How will we test them without clogging up the hospitals? And who would want to go anywhere near a hospital with long queues of obviously sick people waiting to be tested?

In some areas in UK they are trialling drive thru testing and also they have those pods. I don't know anyone whose been to one yet. Im hoping they get someone trained to do the swab and not just give it to the person cos there's no way someone would should it far enough up their nose.

Updates here in UK 2pm daily from PHE. They are giving out cases diagnosed as of 9am each day. Which seems odd. Why not up to the time of the announcement?

ps has anyone seen Boris? For all the criticism or Trump (and whoever gave him the release getting the gender wrong is pretty embarrassing) at least he has given a conference with cdc officials etc. We've just had announcement that another Boris baby is on the way. But heck pregnant women are at risk so maybe he will care now?

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: cirrus12
A beautician spending less than 15 minutes with each customer?! I don't believe that for a second.
They spend at least that amount of time chatting before they even start a treatment!
No way.

Well... if I was to see a beautician, she would need at least an hour to make a difference

Jokes aside, a beautician makes physical contact with her clients does she not?

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: firesnake
a reply to: butcherguy

I came across asefedita recently as an ingredient in an imported Bombay Mix packet, my favourite Indian snack. It’s very flavoursome tasting like strong, buttery onion & garlic... not bad for what’s essentially latex.
Adding turmeric and chilli to most dishes now, we have curry at least once a week like everyone here.

My mum and grandmother swore by asafoetida as a 'cure all'
But it is not suitable for everyone.

Rainbows
Jane

new topics

top topics

<< 65  66  67    69  70  71 >>

join