It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 69
<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

I've had a good search but unable to find an exact location, Gloucestershire and Oxfordshire are the latest I can find, source was the latest on BNO; source was from Twitter

Source

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Hi, I have read all 4 parts of this megathread, but first time posting.

A snapshot of our new lives with Corona in sleepy rural England - a colleague at work returned from skiing this week in northern Italy, back in Thursday, but he called in Wednesday pm, said he wasn't really sure what to do, as the outbreak in Italy kicked off while he was there.
I just said to take the govt advise that if no flu like symptoms he does not have to self isolate, so he came in on Thursday and seems OK, we just made jokes at his expense, although one colleague wasn't happy, and went on about suing him if gets the virus off him for lost wages...

So that's how close to home Corona has become, 2 desks away potentially, because he could still come down with something.

So at home, I live in a shared house, I suggested we club together and get a months worth of supplies, and explained things as I have heard from this thread. Well, I badly regretted it, met with blank stares, disinterest and the word 'panic' was mentioned, all I succeeded in doing was embarrassing myself. Bit of an atmosphere now, they think I'm a nutter, all they have seen are the odd news items on TV.

I might have to get my own stuff and hide it in the boot of my car, dilemma will be if it all kicks off and there is no food in the house, do I share it out with people who weren't interested in preparing?

The real panic will be if we have to go the shops at the last minute, with empty shelves and infected people in the crowds.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Is it just me? But every time I see Matt Hancock, the Health Secretary and chair of COBRA meetings regarding this virus in the UK appears to be getting more and more 'nervous'........ This is a segment from his interview on the Andrew Marr show this morning.....

UK outbreak could force complete shut down of cities in UK

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Drachenfel

Unfortunately I'm seeing the same reaction here in Peterborough, like this is one of those things you're "not supposed" to mention. I had a friend back home yesterday laugh at how it was just going to kill off the old fogies and sick people. Yet these are the same disgusting excuses for human beings that are running away screaming from sick people in the street. They're telling me that I'm going to have to apologise for taking this seriously in a few weeks when it's all revealed to be a scam.

Honestly, the more I see people's reactions to this virus, the more I feel this virus is a good thing. This society deserves to die.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Parksy1981

I've had a good search but unable to find an exact location, Gloucestershire and Oxfordshire are the latest I can find, source was the latest on BNO; source was from Twitter

Source

I did a little search and found this...but you will need to scroll down a bit.....we now have a 'Drive-Through' testing 'station' in Brockworth.

Drive-Through testing station

From your Twitter link people are asking NHS where in Gloucestershire....but NHS are remaining silent!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel

originally posted by: Parksy1981

Source

I did a little search and found this...but you will need to scroll down a bit.....we now have a 'Drive-Through' testing 'station' in Brockworth.

Drive-Through testing station

From your Twitter link people are asking NHS where in Gloucestershire....but NHS are remaining silent!

Rainbows
Jane

GCHQ are in Cheltenham, not too far away from Gloucester. Bet they know where it is

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: checkmeout

Without an absolute doubt they do! An awful lot of people work there. Can you imagine the risk to our security services and maintaining law and order if that place went down??!!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: primalfractal
As an example swine flu has a CFR of .02%.

And the Spanish Flu death rate was about 10%, but it wasn't nearly as picky about who it killed.

This thing is not the boogeyman. It is reason for concern.

But the fact is, it is simply not possible to contain it at this point, so please, stop fear-mongering at levels that only feeds into the panic that tptb can use to initiate martial law and change our society forever from one based on liberty and justice, to one based on fear and tyranny.

See one of my all time favorite moves for what that can look like: V For Vendetta
edit on 1-3-2020 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-3-2020 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 07:28 AM
link   
OMG... 119 People Quarantined In A Brothel In Spain

www.zerohedge.com...

Sorry honey, I can't come home for 2 weeks because I'm under quarantine at the.......... ummmm

link   

originally posted by: autopat51
jay Inslee declares state of emergency In wa. state. getting real.

Over one death and a few more infections.

Yeah, the panic is getting real.

link   
I don't know if this was posted in the middle of the night. It looks a local postal worker in Seattle tested positive for CV. Saw it on Reddit, then went to the actual news station's website to double-check it was accurate. Looks accurate.

www.kiro7.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 07:29 AM
link   

According to your link, a little further down than the drive thru notice, mentions a government update at 1400 GMT...

EDIT: just remembered this is the regular 1400 UK updates - DOH
edit on 1-3-2020 by Parksy1981 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 07:30 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
and yes most hospitals now have released all patients that can be left on their own.

So... am I the only one wondering why they were in the hospital in the first place, if they didn't really need to be?

I wonder how many cases like this exist in the US...

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
a reply to: Maker22
"Some patients infected with COVID-19 are currently being treated with a variety of anti-viral drugs, some with a price tag upwards of $1,000 per injection, Mbikay says."

Quercetin, by comparison, would cost just $2 per day.
Bet the US win't be seeing any drugs at that price!

Yeah, and IV Vit C is maybe $100-$200 per session.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 07:34 AM
link   
The same news station also did a story on the woman we were talking about last night in Sanford, FL where the health dept won't test her for CV. This kind of publicity might finally force them into testing her.
www.kiro7.com...
edit on 1/3/2020 by Tukota because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: KindraLaBelle
Does anyone know of a video that shows the actual virus test done?

Just wondering because local news is spending a lot of time explaining about how
they push a cotton swap 10 cm up your nose, as high as possible... which leaves a lot of ppl more nervous about the unpleasant test then the actual virus

myself included

The current test is to take a throat culture, it is much more accurate when used with the pcr testing equipment . Why nations are not using it is because it is too cheap to use and not very profitable for those that have no consious of mankind. its all about greed at the moment
we here now can test about 3800 test a day at the govt. expense all free
you guy are getting fked and that is the truth

link   
Just keep in mind that only confirmed positive cases are being reported on the BNO site unless stated in the caveats below. So, for example, Canada is showing 16 but is actually 20 as we have some presumptive positive cases reported last night. By the way, I have not seen one presumptive case in Canada not come back positive.

So, the numbers (as we all know) are higher each day than the reporting or testing can keep up with.

link   

originally posted by: celltypespecific
"More people have died fromCOVID-19 than were killed during the September 11th attacks.

"As of the 29th of February 2020 8:49 p.m, 2,978 people have died as a result of COVID-19. The September 11th attacks, which took place in New York City, Washington, DC and outside of Shanksville, Pennsylvania killed a total of 2,977.

Yes... and every day, almost 3,700 people are killed globally in road traffic crashes involving cars, buses, motorcycles, bicycles, trucks, or pedestrians. More than half of those killed are pedestrians, motorcyclists, and cyclists.

Again, contrary to what some will no claim, I am not saying it isn't something to be concerned about.

But the unnecessary fear and panic being pushed by those shouting the end is near will have far more devastating consequences than this virus.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Probably an over thought on my part, but I checked the Heathrow (UK) airport arrivals website, so many flights coming in, Here

I also checked flightaware and there are masses of cancellations over China way,
Here

new topics

top topics

<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join