It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 70
<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 07:43 AM
link   
My husband's employer called him last night to let him know that one of our drivers has been quarantined. His father-in-law 70yrs old is sick in the hospital after returning from vacation in Asia. He afraid the whole shop has iit. They had a BBQ at lunch last week. Joe was cooking. We are calling our doctor tomorrow. This is in lake county, I'll.

(post by tanstaafl removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Uuuuum, not helpful. *eyeroll* Come on guys. Be factual. Authorities should speak with authority.

POLICE DEPARTMENTS PUT OUT FAKE WARNINGS ABOUT CORONAVIRUS CONTAMINATED DRUGS

Some police departments are putting out fake warnings that illicit drugs could be contaminated with coronavirus in an effort to make drug arrests.

The Tavares Police Department in Florida and the Merrill Police Department in Wisconsin are among those that have taken to social media offering to test methamphetamine and other drugs.

"If you have recently purchased Meth, it may be contaminated," with coronavirus, Merrill Police Department said on Facebook. "If you're not comfortable going into an office setting, please request any officer and they'll test your Meth in the privacy of your home. Please spread the word! We are here for you!"

"Bring it by our station and we will test your batch within minutes!" Tavares Police Department said.

Source

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: crappiekat
My husband's employer called him last night to let him know that one of our drivers has been quarantined. His father-in-law 70yrs old is sick in the hospital after returning from vacation in Asia. He afraid the whole shop has iit. They had a BBQ at lunch last week. Joe was cooking. We are calling our doctor tomorrow. This is in lake county, I'll.

dang , I'm from the quad cities

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: celltypespecific
"More people have died fromCOVID-19 than were killed during the September 11th attacks.

"As of the 29th of February 2020 8:49 p.m, 2,978 people have died as a result of COVID-19. The September 11th attacks, which took place in New York City, Washington, DC and outside of Shanksville, Pennsylvania killed a total of 2,977.

Yes... and every day, almost 3,700 people are killed globally in road traffic crashes involving cars, buses, motorcycles, bicycles, trucks, or pedestrians. More than half of those killed are pedestrians, motorcyclists, and cyclists.

Again, contrary to what some will no claim, I am not saying it isn't something to be concerned about.

But the unnecessary fear and panic being pushed by those shouting the end is near will have far more devastating consequences than this virus.

I agree that fear and panic is not warranted, however, I find being killed by a lump of steel, no comparison to a virus that can lay dormant in a person's body for weeks, continuing to infect loved ones, healthcare workers , friends, etc. - all while the person appears healthy. Death rate may be similar at this time, but that's only comparable similarity I see. If I'm hit by a car, I can't continue to make others ill while I'm in hospital waiting to die from my injuries

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: pasiphae
Yes well the partisan rhetoric kicked in a few days ago when potus calmed his flock, they remind me of a deer stuck in headlights.

To me it speaks volumes about how this mess will be ultimately handled.

To me, it was exactly the right thing to do. Try to defuse the ridiculous panic and fear-mongering, but combine that with decisive action.

He severely restricted all travel from China and people coming from there in late January.

The biggest flub has been the insane problem they had with test kits. That is on the CDC leadership - a bunch of political activists who couldn't make it as real Doctors.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Parksy1981
Probably an over thought on my part, but I checked the Heathrow (UK) airport arrivals website, so many flights coming in, Here

I also checked flightaware and there are masses of cancellations over China way,
Here

I thought/heard/read British Airways had cancelled all flights to and from China since beginning of February until end of March earliest?
Yup.....here we go.....what did they know way back on 10th February????

Br itish Airways cancel flights

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

Quad Cities here too
I am very rural so I am better off than most

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheGoondockSaint
So some of my liberal friends are posting on Facebook that the fatality rate of coronavirus virus is approximately 2-3% and that influenza is around 0.1%. Can anyone help me figure out if this is true or not? They usually post liberal BS from fake websites so I want to put them in their place if I can get something help.

It is apparently true, but the wording is skewed, without details.

For most people, the risk of death is more like 0.2%, which, yeah, is double the risk from flu, but still extremely low.

It jumps all the way up to 0.4% for those 40-49, 1.3% for those 50-59, 3.6% for those 60-69, 8% for those 70-79, and 14.8% for those 80+.

Source

That said - even those are averages. Those in poor health and/or have underlying serious conditions are the ones who will have the worst trouble.

Maybe this is a wake up call for people to stop looking for drugs to solve their health problems, and fix the underlying problems (diet, tainted/low quality food sources, etc).

link   
This was released today in the UK on the Government website, interesting read, especially about bringing retired health workers back to work...

These could include looking at emergency registration of health professionals who have retired, the introduction of emergency indemnity coverage for health care workers to provide care or diagnostic services and relaxation of rules around staff to pupil ratios in education and childcare settings.

Here is the link to the article Link

link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: pasiphae
Yes well the partisan rhetoric kicked in a few days ago when potus calmed his flock, they remind me of a deer stuck in headlights.

To me it speaks volumes about how this mess will be ultimately handled.

To me, it was exactly the right thing to do. Try to defuse the ridiculous panic and fear-mongering, but combine that with decisive action.

He severely restricted all travel from China and people coming from there in late January.

The biggest flub has been the insane problem they had with test kits. That is on the CDC leadership - a bunch of political activists who couldn't make it as real Doctors.

the test are available
the speech about them not being reliable is only a cover up
we now test nearly 4000 people a day it is now covered by the national health insurance which means is it nearly free since it is an infectious disease
people in america are being misled due to some corp. wants to make a sht load of money on this and that is a fact
the test must be free people, its an infectious disease and covered by all state and fed regulations covering the a disease that will and can have an affect on ones health

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: clay2 baraka
It's different because they are equally worried about balancing between an epidemic and an economic collapse caused by the response to the epidemic.

Deer in the headlights is how I would describe our leadership on this.

It is definitely a rick and a hard place.

This will go down in history as... TBD...

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   

I'm really sorry to hear you have to go through the fear of now wondering if it will affect your lives. One minute you're keeping up with the news, and the next you get a phone call like that. NBC Chicago posted that there was a confirmed case in suburban Cook County, IL last night. I think you're north of that, but still, kind of close. I'm across the lake in MI. Hoping the very best for all of you and those in your husband's shop.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Most of the guys are young and healthy. My husband is 50. He is healthy, but he smokes. We'll see what the doc says.
It's all over. I"m in Northern Wisconsin and we have a possible case up here. They are keeping it very hush hush. Small community these things get out

link   

originally posted by: Drachenfel
Hi, I have read all 4 parts of this megathread, but first time posting.

A snapshot of our new lives with Corona in sleepy rural England - a colleague at work returned from skiing this week in northern Italy, back in Thursday, but he called in Wednesday pm, said he wasn't really sure what to do, as the outbreak in Italy kicked off while he was there.
I just said to take the govt advise that if no flu like symptoms he does not have to self isolate, so he came in on Thursday and seems OK, we just made jokes at his expense, although one colleague wasn't happy, and went on about suing him if gets the virus off him for lost wages...

So that's how close to home Corona has become, 2 desks away potentially, because he could still come down with something.

So at home, I live in a shared house, I suggested we club together and get a months worth of supplies, and explained things as I have heard from this thread. Well, I badly regretted it, met with blank stares, disinterest and the word 'panic' was mentioned, all I succeeded in doing was embarrassing myself. Bit of an atmosphere now, they think I'm a nutter, all they have seen are the odd news items on TV.

I might have to get my own stuff and hide it in the boot of my car, dilemma will be if it all kicks off and there is no food in the house, do I share it out with people who weren't interested in preparing?

The real panic will be if we have to go the shops at the last minute, with empty shelves and infected people in the crowds.

I'm in EXACTLY the same position and am also concerned 😕😕

link   
We are starting to see canned goods going on deep sales in every store here (I wonder if it’s possible the government would ask stores to do this en masse, just a regular sale event / coincidence, or planned), but most people I talk to aren’t concerned at all.

Yesterday we had company over and the topic switched to the virus. The lady visiting us went on about flu numbers and that this wasn’t anything. That I needed to relax (we were very calm and not mentioning much so I wonder if that was a standard speech she had about the virus), and that I should try sound healing. As she showed me the sound healing page, it said that in 1918, sound healing was everywhere. I just turned to her and asked what the major health issue was in 1918...

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   

surely you read my post about the chinese beating up old japanese women and men to take away their box of masks they just waited in line to buy

this stuff you are feeling is real, "remember people snap " in times of frustrations

Exactly. The breakdown in society from panic will far outstrip the damage done by the virus itself.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spypants

Quad Cities here too
I am very rural so I am better off than most

can you pm about the situation there
not sure where you are located but I'm a graduate of UTHS

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Death rate in traffic: 0.018%
Death rate flu: 0.1%
Death rate WuFlu: 2.5 - 3.5 %

If you still don't understand why everyone is trying to contain it, you probably should have finished school.

Please don't get me wrong.

There's no need to panic, but if you're not prepared, it's about time.
In Germany, for example, Pasta and canned foods are sold out in most shops.

It's coming to you soon.

Believe it or not.

Somethings do not require your 'belief' for them to happen.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: primalfractal
Who's January estimate of CFR 2% is deliberately misleading.

It is calculated by this method, deaths/cases.

Very innacurate because it doesn't take into account those who are still sick and may die, patients with an unknown outcome.

Which means it is updated as cases either resolve, or people die, right?

I'd say that - bottom line - it is more accurate, because it isn't guessing.

One other question I've had... how do they - or do they even - account for deaths due to the panic, vs deaths caused directly by the disease? I wonder what those numbers look like for the Spanish Flu?

new topics

top topics

<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join