It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 66
<< 63  64  65    67  68  69 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 01:20 AM
link   
at 27.5 of the video is a total lie
sorry folks , every thing on the video is a fkn lie (we here in this country have been told the truth ) it now is known to have 3 more bodies of infection in the infected person

for pete's you gov. people go to japan news and get educated on this virus or shut the fk up you are spread false hope , my you end up in tared feathers. total bs you are speaking of and I'm only at 27.5 of the video now

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Willyblake

Where I’m from the only people that bow hunt are die hard out doors men and felons. Everyone else has guns and lots of them.

Bullets will run out but so will arrows.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: litterbaux
a reply to: Willyblake

Where I’m from the only people that bow hunt are die hard out doors men and felons. Everyone else has guns and lots of them.

Bullets will run out but so will arrows.

easier to make arrows though

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Something seems really wrong in that video. Just the way Trump trails off in the middle of sentences. Plus his general tone and demeanor. He gets better the longer it goes but the first few mins are telling.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: litterbaux

I agree, he seems like he's extremely tired. Could be that he's losing sleep or it could just be the rigors of campaigning and doing his job at the same time. Definitely not normal Trump

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I guess the Bio-labs have been working over time ? ( sarcastically sick joke).
www.dailystar.co.uk...

'Disease X' feared to have hit Ethiopia as dying villagers 'bleed from eyes'

A mysterious and horrifying deadly illness killing villagers in Ethiopia could be the dreaded "Disease X".

A concept coined by the World Health Organisation (WHO) to describe a new unknown pathogen with the potential to cause an epidemic, scientists are constantly on the lookout for illnesses that fit the description.

Some believe coronavirus is Disease X, but the real answer could lie in East Africa.

"Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever" leaves people bleeding from their eyes, mouth, and anus.

The gruesome sickness, informally dubbed "bleeding eye fever", has a higher mortality rate than the plague and has mystified medical professionals for the past couple of years.
Cases were reported in South Sudan and Uganda in 2018, with dozens infected and at least four killed.

Now neighbouring country Ethiopia is grappling with similar horrific symptoms.

One 23-year-old victim first experienced his eyes and palms turning yellow, before he began bleeding from his nose and mouth and his body swelled up, the Guardian reports . He later died after collapsing with fever.

Many of his neighbours suffered the same symptoms and some died.

Other victims included a two-year-old boy in the town of Haarcad who died despite receiving multiple blood transfusions during a month-long hospital stay. He, too, had yellow eyes and palms, swelling and a fever.

www.dailystar.co.uk...

Eye-bleeding fever: Where has the disease ‘deadlier than the plague’ spread to?

Doctors have warned that the suspected “eye-bleeding fever” outbreak has reached epidemic levels, and emergency measures must be put in place.

There has been a growing number of reports of Crimean-Congo Hemorrhagic Fever (CCHF) cases.

The disease which has killed at least four people and infected dozens more is sparking mass panic.

The deadly virus – which leaves people bleeding from their eyes, mouth and anus – can kill up to 40% of those infected and usually spreads by tick bites.
So far only the two countries have confirmed deaths, but is feared that the disease will spread to Sudan, Ethiopia, DR Congo, Kenya and Central African Repulic.

Health chiefs warn the spread would be “catastrophic” – with is happening so soon after the deadly Ebola outbreak of 2014-16.

It is feared that up to 60 people may be infected with the disease.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Fauci also shot down reports of people becoming re-infected with coronavirus, saying there is "no indication that that's going on at all."

Of course, reinfection by the same virus cannot occur if the patient has already been infected and come through it. To be laid low again, the patient would have to have the original virus mutate inside them as a survival mechanism to circumvent the bodies immune response to stay alive. Any flu-type virus that did this would most certainly be a manufactured bio-weapon, because nature herself does not do things that way.

In fact, I am about 80% accepting that this is not a naturally-occurring virus, but either a deliberate or accidental leak from the bio-lab Wuhan?

The way governments are thinking of using emergency powers, and the disruption to normal life that would bring, is more concerning than the virus itself.

Does anyone know how long the virus can stay alive in the air, or when left on non-organic surfaces?

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Just in :
2 people from the Diamond Princess have arrived in the city I live in. Condition unknown at this time

Japan news

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrRCflying

I am not using gloves yet, but I am using hand sanitizer as soon as I am done filling up.

The last time I was at Sam's Club, I spotted a package of about a half dozen smaller units of these clear food handling grade rubber/plastic wrap gloves. One size fits all, sort of thing. Quite a few gloves for a really small price.

So my procedure is to open up the gas door on the vehicle, put the credit card in the slot, put the credit card back into my wallet and secure my wallet, then use a glove to shield my finger when I need to punch in my zip code, put the gloves on both hands and start pumping gasoline. Afterwards carefully remove the gloves and toss them into the trash bin. Then close up the gas door on the vehicle.

Then I STILL use a handi-wipe sanitizer cloth packet to clean my hands with.

At one stop, I was doing the gas pumping thing while my wife was still in the vehicle. She was watching a guy behind me who was wiping his nose and face with his hands both before and after grabbing the pump handle to pump fuel into his own vehicle.

Yeah, I may keep using gloves even if this thing blows over completely. There are still going to be flu viruses and other crap that I don't want to be catching.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Update on my cousin

I brought this up in part 3. I have a cousin who went to Japan for some sort of conference. She is a teacher, not sure what kind. I am not close to her.

Anyway I just heard from her mother that she got back in the US yesterday. She is as sick as a dog, but refuses to go to the hospital or doctors. Her mother urged her to go, saying if it was Corona that she did not want to spread it in the school. So far she is refusing.

Lucky for me, she is in Florida, and I am in NY. I have not seen her in years, hopefully she does not plan to come up this way to visit her parents any time soon.

Ouch! Where in Florida?

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Re: twitter.com...

Why are people in IRAN lining up to lick this metal window gate, hoping to catch CoronaV-19? That is what they're trying to do, isn't it?

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: pasiphae

Update on my cousin

I brought this up in part 3. I have a cousin who went to Japan for some sort of conference. She is a teacher, not sure what kind. I am not close to her.

Anyway I just heard from her mother that she got back in the US yesterday. She is as sick as a dog, but refuses to go to the hospital or doctors. Her mother urged her to go, saying if it was Corona that she did not want to spread it in the school. So far she is refusing.

Lucky for me, she is in Florida, and I am in NY. I have not seen her in years, hopefully she does not plan to come up this way to visit her parents any time soon.

If she's sick as a dog.... it seems there weren't any check points at the airports? Unless she got sick really fast right after getting here. I hope... she gets better but if she has it she's spreading it around and that's pretty irresponsible. I'd like to know what her reasoning for not going is.

So how long do you think it is going to take for the US government to figure out that merely banning flights from China and being concerned about people ONLY having been in China within the past 14 days, is just no longer good enough? Hello!?!

Maybe they all need to spend a night or two at a Holiday Inn Express to sharpen up their brain cells.

IMHO.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 02:09 AM
link   
The below is copied from the worldometers site which is tracking the stats of the virus. It provides some useful figures, particularly the closed cases. This to me suggests the mortality rate is 7%. Compared to the seasonal flu at 0.1%. Now I'm sure you could break this down more into specific regions.

CLOSED CASES

Cases which had an outcome:

42,336 (93%)

Recovered / Discharged

2,979 (7%)

Deaths

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: cirrus12
This is so disturbing

Videos from Iran showing people licking the shrine in Qom. The guys in the video (no idea who they are) are actively promoting that people do it!
Video of a child doing it too. I don't know if the translation is correct but they said 'we will be the ones who get the virus' but not worried at all.
Seems totally bizarre, dangerous and stupid.

While the city of Qom is the epicentre of #CoronaVirus in Iran, authorities refuse to close down religious shrines there.

These pro-regime people are licking the shrines & encouraging people to visit them.

Iran's authorities are endangering lives of Iranians & the world

twitter.com...

Well, maybe not so stupid to them if they intend to travel around and spread their "cheer" to other countries. Anyone want to bet that they wouldn't just love to purposely spread more of the virus to the USA or other enemies? Biological suicide bombers, anyone?

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Forecasting is always difficult with many unknowns

It is very much looking like the Earth is in for another Spanish Flu type pandemic. It took about 18 months for the world to get over the worst of it and things to start picking back up again. To expect a similar type of time frame seams reasonable at this time. This will give time for the virus to spread, do its damage and the recovery to happen. How the virus mutates, secondary waves, long term implications and compounded problems with supply chain issues are all potential issues on the horizon.

China trying to get started again after its shutdown is having all sorts of issues with people still sick, moved away and missing. Rome was not built overnight, but it did burn down in a day. Governments and other large organizations move slowly, not quite as slow as the tectonic plates thankfully, but a similar intrinsic property of scale. It took 6 weeks from China shutting down its industry for the stock markets to begin to catch up.

The economy did get through the Spanish flu and is very likely it will get through this virus as well. There is going to be a lot of challenges and difficulties, preparing for a recession is reasonable. Supply chain, industry and trade are all going to be disrupted. Politics and social interactions are going to be impacted. It is going to take tame to develop a clearer picture, treatment plan and adaptation to this virus.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 02:23 AM
link   

South Korea's Samsung Electronics closes mobile device plant after coronavirus case confirmed: Yonhap

twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Re: twitter.com...

Why are people in IRAN lining up to lick this metal window gate, hoping to catch CoronaV-19? That is what they're trying to do, isn't it?

I dont know why, but I get heavy propaganda vibes from that video.. from their side or ours I don't know.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

It does sound like a good plan in confronting the virus. In 3 months from now they will either be dead or can get on with life without fear of the virus. For the other regions still living under strict quarantine they will still be scared. Some communities might be able to hold out a year or two, maybe even longer for the very remote. The medical system may be better by then to aid in treatment options, if you have access to it.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 02:36 AM
link   
If you are a history and epidemiology buff, and want the inside scoop on nCov19 from Dec 17th to Jan 10th, this may be the holy grail document you have been seeking. If you are CCP, you probably want every copy of this deleted ASAP.

No summary; too long and too heavy. Probably deserves its own thread. (h/t A2)
Get it while it lasts...

Tracking the Source of Novel Coronavirus Gene Sequencing: When the Alarm Goes Off
独家|新冠病毒基因测序溯源:警报是何时拉响的

edit on 1-3-2020 by Oleman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Good Morning everyone. Long time no see.

Another glorious day don't you just love the smell of fear in the morning? Finally spring cleaning might be on to us. It was about time.

Just want to drop in with a quote from Ghandi

"Be the change you want to see in the world"

So let's twist this like the Dumbass that I am, self quarantine. If you do not like the idea of taking ages for this springcleansing to continue please do not delay it by limiting your exposure. Go out, have some fun, give some hugs and ask the last one to turn of the lights. The sooner we have cleansed every corner of the world the sooner we can continue in the new equilibrium.

new topics

top topics

<< 63  64  65    67  68  69 >>

join