It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 63
<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

google the name and the location - get his phone number and given him a call. Just ask him to confirm if he wrote it and is it truthful. It's all in the letter.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: pasiphae

originally posted by: 1point92AU

originally posted by: pasiphae

originally posted by: TheGoondockSaint
So some of my liberal friends are posting on Facebook that the fatality rate of coronavirus virus is approximately 2-3% and that influenza is around 0.1%. Can anyone help me figure out if this is true or not? They usually post liberal BS from fake websites so I want to put them in their place if I can get something help.

You can google the flu stats and then go to any coronavirus stat site to get the current numbers and do the math. Your liberal friends are right. I've done this very thing.... unless you don't believe in math... they are right.

It's disingenuous to spread this as fact and is nothing more than fear mongering. There is no where near enough data yet to arrive at a realistic fatality rate. There are so many factors to take into consideration. If 2 people get the same virus and 1 of them dies is it logical to say the fatality rate of that virus is 50% ? No. That is illogical and you need a much larger data set.

Your comment is totally bonkers to me because... math? And the google-able stats? How am i disingenuous when I said to look up the math? Unless you are saying all numbers of the virus are false... in which case you should start your own thread. This isn't where your denial belongs. This is a discussion thread not a denial thread.

I'm not denying anything and apparently you lack comprehension. Especially where I say we need larger data sets before people start making absolute fatality rate claims. The fatality rate in Iran is 25% where in other areas it's 3%. Which one of those numbers do you want to promote? Neither because we don't have a large enough data set. But feel free to fear monger.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: slatesteam

Take for instance the one where the policeman at night collapses, and is helped by his fellows. He was volunteering as they were understaffed btw. Others include medical workers in full hazmat suits keeling over

I haven't seen the videos you speak of, but thanks for the info.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

While I am concerned about the ability of this disease to send people tumbling, methinks the markets are gonna mimic these tweets come Monday. 3/2. Which reminds me someone in here remarked that we should watch for more earthquakes coming this week?
What was that about?

Note: I care more for the people than artificial and complicated white-collar gambling.

What I don’t get, and I’m not sure if you’re implying this OP, but how does China and Iran getting whacked square with the markets also getting destroyed? Put another way, if you’re suggesting that Iran and China, Uncle Sam’s ancient nemesis’ are getting rocked, what’s your take on American markets getting thrashed too then? Collateral damage? Something else?

There’s a whole other thread about “Rod Rosenstein’s rogue sis running roughshod at CDC” and her fear-mongering in order to squelch her bro’s subpoena... not trying to sway from this thread, I just get their is a political slant (not dem/rep either) to your supposition here.

Am I wrong? If not throw me a bone. What am I missing?

edit on 1-3-2020 by slatesteam because: Pho Cough

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Oleman

It would also be good to hit Wal Mart at off hours like after 9pm or early in morning. I like doing quick shopping at 5am (my normal wake time) at Wal Mart, there’s barely anyone there.

I’m planning to hit gun shop at 9am opening time for ammo.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthJava

As much as that thought sounds odd - quarantine in our homes! - I totally agree with you. I believe it would stop the spread if we all stayed at home for a good while. I wish I could win the lottery so I could buy more stuff for some people who are concerned and can't prepare.
breaks my heart. But I am not working right now and am using my savings I had to maybe move this summer.

How long would that take? What's the max incubation time? Low long is someone infectious with just mild symptoms? How long will the virus stay active if a snotty hand leaves some on a door knob? How long is someone infectious after it appears their symptoms have subsided? And this isn't even considering the possibility that victims later relapse and start showing symptoms again, which presumes they are also infectious again at that time.

So, realistically, how long would it take to starve the pandemic by not supplying new victims to keep it going?

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZeroFurrbone
I wonder how many crimes re gonna be forgiven cos of the fear.

No Ms. Judge, i shot him in self defence. He was clearly sick from the corona virus and was going to infect my kids.

Well, is someone were trying to be funny by running around coughing in people's faces, you do have to wonder where the line would be for "justifiable homicide".

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Rich Z

“A Whole New World” - Aladdin

Brave New World - A. Huxley

“Everybody Wants to Rule the World” - Tears for Fears

World of Warcraft by Blizzard Ent./Activision

I’d say it’s somewhere in there....
also your last line is how 28 Day Later ends if I recall.
Ugh. 2020 was supposed to be cool

edit on 1-3-2020 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-3-2020 by slatesteam because: Starvation sucks

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: 1point92AU

I think primalfractal is into something with their reasoning, inductive and otherwise. While it sounds good, in terms of how they arrived...none of it sounds good when taken into account of what it suggests

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
a reply to: Oleman

It would also be good to hit Wal Mart at off hours like after 9pm or early in morning. I like doing quick shopping at 5am (my normal wake time) at Wal Mart, there’s barely anyone there.

I’m planning to hit gun shop at 9am opening time for ammo.

I actually made a quick trip to Walmart at about 9 pm earlier. There wasnt really anyone in there. A few people, but nothing crazy.

I am near small town Midwest and people here are pretty much poor, that and we dont really have any local cases "yet", it seems people are not really worried too much.

My son did take notice that there are a few tylenol and ibuprofen rack spaces empty, but I picked up another children's tylenol because there was plenty and it is cheap.

There were still the more expensive large bags of rice l, but the 20 pound cheap bags were gone. I grabbed 2 more 5 pound bags of cheap rice. 4 pounds of beans and actually a couple of large containers of chicken broth, with a few other things.

I noticed a friend of mine that works at walmart was looking at what I was buying. I use the self checkouts to avoid conversation with the checkout people.

That's just a idea of what it is like around here. Tomorrow is the 1st of the month and link cards get re upped. I am curious if some of the people on assistance stock up a little more than usual.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
www.cbsnews.com...

This is totally BS at 23.01
Please my fellow Americans, the guy is full of hidden truths. Please do the opposite of what he said. We now have the elder home bound with little food and heating oil in Hokkaido Japan.
I stopped at that point in the video till later. wow unbelievable and just think these idiots are telling theirs wives to go shopping and take in the coughs of the mentally deranged that are living on the streets that can and will have the virus. Total BS people and I mean that.

Well played by trump though handing over the mic for that question, there's nothing like plausible deniability.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 12:19 AM
link   
South Korea church details from BBC

In Daegu, 1900 Shincheonji Church members have been tested for coronavirus. 1300 had symptoms & 600 did not. Among those 1300 with symptoms, 87.5% were confirmed with the virus . BUT out of the 600 WITHOUT symptoms, 70% were confirmed with coronavirus.

Twitter BBC Reporter

And someone posted this breakdown...

Put another way:

Out of a population of 1,900 1,300 were symptomatic 600 asymptomatic

420 tested positive but asymptomatic 1,131 tested positive and symptomatic = 1,551

infections out of 1,900 = 81%

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

If those numbers are real this one hell of communicable disease...

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZeroFurrbone
a reply to: Willyblake

The truth is this:

If China is saying the truth - Well, nothing changes.

If China is lying and instead told the truth that there are many many more dead and this is beyound control - Imagine the panic x1000 with stores globally emptying , people fighting on the streets and locking themselves early, global economy colapsing in just a day and someone may have launched a nuke by now.

I guess what worries some people is that China has treated this like they know they have no tomorrow. They knew what the results would be from the steps they took, and they did it anyway. Which meant they knew they had no other choice. Doesn't that just make the hair stand up on the back of your neck? The Chinese are not stupid. And they certainly don't strike me as being suicidal.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Well, that's one way to get around Islam's disallowance of cremating bodies...
edit on 1-3-2020 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rich Z

originally posted by: TruthJava

As much as that thought sounds odd - quarantine in our homes! - I totally agree with you. I believe it would stop the spread if we all stayed at home for a good while. I wish I could win the lottery so I could buy more stuff for some people who are concerned and can't prepare.
breaks my heart. But I am not working right now and am using my savings I had to maybe move this summer.

How long would that take? What's the max incubation time? Low long is someone infectious with just mild symptoms? How long will the virus stay active if a snotty hand leaves some on a door knob? How long is someone infectious after it appears their symptoms have subsided? And this isn't even considering the possibility that victims later relapse and start showing symptoms again, which presumes they are also infectious again at that time.

So, realistically, how long would it take to starve the pandemic by not supplying new victims to keep it going?

I wish I knew

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
Or, the 600th person that drank out of the glass was the infected one. (Yeah, simplified, but thinking about shrine lickers.)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I keep telling you guys the numbers from CCP are a bald faced lie. I’ve provided links, videos and analysis.

Watch SK and Italy. The church may be an anomaly but the situation in that church resembles that of public mass transit, or the WA long term care facility, or homeless congregations on the streets of LA.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Update Bogotá, Colombia 1:24 am 01/03/2020

Not much to report really. People start looking at you like if you were a clown if you go out wearing N95 and gloves. I couldn't give a $#65, as long as it protects me somehow. Most people joke about the virus, while others say it is entirely fake. Biggest news during last days has been the poor health of a lion kept in a zoo. Appareantly he was badly treated, not given enough food, and without veterinarian attention for more than a year. The poor guy is in his bones now and this has caused massive outrage and sadness. As I think he will be dying pretty soon, I believe this will work as the perfect distraction concerning coronavirus arriving here (it's already in Mexico, Brazil and most importantly Ecuador) is just a question of a few days now.
Colombia's main problem right now is that EVERYTHING has become politicized. The communists ideologically close to Venezuela try to sabotage all projects. Worst of all, they are very popular among naive university students.

Meanwhile, the people brought from Wuhan 2 days ago had a coronavirus test this morning. It came out NEGATIVE for every single of them. They will remain in quarantine for 11 days more.

If the Pope dies this will have a tremendous effect over here. Catholics will see it as a very dark omen, Evangelicals (which have been on the rise for the last 20 years) will see it as an act of God, and sign of The End of Times.

That's all for now.
edit on 1-3-2020 by Willyblake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Rich Z

That's the best run down I've heard yet on how China is dealing with this. Thank you.

top topics

<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join