It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 61
<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1point92AU

originally posted by: pasiphae

originally posted by: TheGoondockSaint
So some of my liberal friends are posting on Facebook that the fatality rate of coronavirus virus is approximately 2-3% and that influenza is around 0.1%. Can anyone help me figure out if this is true or not? They usually post liberal BS from fake websites so I want to put them in their place if I can get something help.

You can google the flu stats and then go to any coronavirus stat site to get the current numbers and do the math. Your liberal friends are right. I've done this very thing.... unless you don't believe in math... they are right.

It's disingenuous to spread this as fact and is nothing more than fear mongering. There is no where near enough data yet to arrive at a realistic fatality rate. There are so many factors to take into consideration. If 2 people get the same virus and 1 of them dies is it logical to say the fatality rate of that virus is 50% ? No. That is illogical and you need a much larger data set.

As of this moment there are 86,993 confirmed cases. The death rate is based on that number. What number of confirmed cases do you feel will be enough? Whatever it is at the rate we're going we'll get there

wuflu live
edit on 29-2-2020 by Beltalowda because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Insider email regarding coronavirus:

imgur.com...

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 11:00 PM
link   
CV-19 has a long way to go to catch up with the FLU, in prevalence and mortality.

According to an estimate by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), there were approximately 45 million cases of the flu in the United States during the 2017-2018 influenza season, resulting in an estimated 810,000 flu-associated hospitalizations and an estimated 61,000 flu-associated deaths.
cnsnews.com...

Hopefully, CoronaVirus-19 will not get anywhere near as bad as the common flu has been.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: celltypespecific

imgur.com...

That paints a disturbing picture....

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: celltypespecific

EVERYTHING in that letter sounded reasonable..

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka

Well it's the complete opposite to what the " authorities " are telling us, and between you and me I'm gonna listen to the doctors not the spin doctors.

link   

originally posted by: celltypespecific

imgur.com...

Our university hospital is empty due to the type of letter that you posted here. People better wake up and start thinking for themselves now on how to feed themselves in the very near future. I might just go out now on my bike and take some pictures of a few stores, might get arrested though. So if you don't here from MIM, you know why. The problem with that is , I can be deported form this country because of a police record. NO BS here folks.

link   

originally posted by: carewemust
CV-19 has a long way to go to catch up with the FLU, in prevalence and mortality.

According to an estimate by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), there were approximately 45 million cases of the flu in the United States during the 2017-2018 influenza season, resulting in an estimated 810,000 flu-associated hospitalizations and an estimated 61,000 flu-associated deaths.
cnsnews.com...

Hopefully, CoronaVirus-19 will not get anywhere near as bad as the common flu has been.

You do realize if you do the math for the numbers you laid out right there the death rate comes out be 0.14%

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Well that was a tremendous increase..like in just more that a week. Look at the study from harvard regarding this.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 11:14 PM
link   
twitter.com...

Apparent footage of someome collapsed in iran trainstation.

This is similar to the footage first seen in wuhan

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Go start a flu thread or gtfo...

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Why wouldn't it? And why are people so reluctant to accept you know.. basic math. This spreads 2 to 3 (or perhaps more) times more easily than influenza. It kills conservatively 20 times more people. If this continues to spread as it is without containment or mutation, it will kill in a single season, 30 to 40 times more people than the flu does.

The facts are out there - feel free to ignore if you want I guess, but if you'd like to offer an actually intelligent counterpoint than pointing out flu numbers for an entire season, vs. the Coronavirus to this point, by all means feel free.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 11:21 PM
link   
A simple explanation for the CFR issue:

If you know the "number of recovered confirmed cases" and the "number of deceased confirmed cases" you can calculate the CFR for "confirmed cases."

If you know the "number of recovered of all cases" and the "number of deceased of all cases" you can calculate the CFR for "all cases."

Without know how many real cases are not "confirmed" but did recover (or didnt even know they were sick), we can not calculate the real CFR.

I expect "experts" are trying to estimate the "of all cases" from sketchy data. Thus, the differences in CFR numbers.

Throw in political agendas, and the numbers will be all over the place.
edit on 29-2-2020 by Oleman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka

Hell yes everything in it sounded reasonable.
It’s the exact OPPOSITE of what our leaders are saying.
In other words, why wouldn’t it be?

edit on 29-2-2020 by slatesteam because: Pho Cough

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 11:25 PM
link   
twitter.com...

Apparent footage of Towhid Clinic on fire in Iran where coronavirus patients are being treated

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
twitter.com...

That person is not dead. Their legs were flat on the ground in the beginning, then a leg was bent at the knee, and then you can see a hand moving right at the end.
edit on 29-2-2020 by JackBenimbel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: JackBenimbel

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
twitter.com...

That person is not dead. Their legs were flat on the ground at 23 seconds, then a leg was bent at the knee, and then you can see a hand moving right at the end.

“Yet...”

link   
Use simpler math.

CCP lies. About this they are 100% lying.

Any number derived from data out of China is instantly wrong. I don’t believe anything they say or release. My wife would say same and she was born and raised in China.

If you want to calculate anything use South Korea or Italy as your base.

Using those countries also would factor out inadequate health care or low numbers of hospitals and beds in China, both of which are true.

I won’t go into the fact that we don’t even 100% know the virus moving across the world is same thing affecting Wuhan.

link   
Bad news if this is true. Apparently the second coronavirus patient in Washington contracted it from the first patient in Washington. Back in January

Dr. Feigl-Ding
edit on 29-2-2020 by Beltalowda because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 11:29 PM
link   
“Yet...”

They're not convulsing like a seizure, and not completely still like the others we've seen. Might be unrelated.

top topics

<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join